Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour (47784 Views)

Ayodele Dada Honoured By House Of Reps (Photos) / UNILAG's Daniel-Dada Ayodele Gets N500,000 / Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by don4real18(m): 8:56am On Mar 25, 2016
seunwen2:
Coming from HAWUSA man not surprised
What makes you think I'm a Hausa or a Northerner
Sometimes people like you just amaze me when you jump to conclusions.
Some people feel that I'm jealous of his feat of which they are very wrong and since you feel the same way, you are quite wrong
I rep SW by the way
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Oahray: 9:34am On Mar 25, 2016
ADBOK:

You are an incorrigible fool! Insult or deride anyone all you like but you never ridicule anyone's family! Never!...
lol. Spoiling for a fight? Don't even bother. You no go reach me chew.
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by son4century(m): 9:42am On Mar 25, 2016
Pls in the end, Wat did he received? National honor or national recognition?....... Though av seen d latter
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by samopeyemi: 9:56am On Mar 25, 2016
I don't see anything bad if he is given a national award. Our society today is giving less attention to education.

A lady will come out half naked and be crowned miss Nigeria...... She will end up travelling around the world and be given some certain privilege. Has such lady done anything to better the country?

A governor or minister will loot the state/country and end up with national honour...... What has such person really done to better d masses. The little projects they do, did they use their personal money?

A businessman will join forces will politicians and shortchange d country, at the end such person will be honoured....

Therefore I don't see anything wrong in giving him a national award. We should let the guy be and enjoy all d accolades his achievement will bring him. Overtime he will prove himself AGAIN.

1 Like

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Ethan45(m): 10:29am On Mar 25, 2016
Oahray:
You do have a point, but you seem to be subtly arguing that it isn't worth the recognition. Maybe that's not what you meant but that's how it sounds.

I had to do a double take at "he is not the first and he won't be the last."

Pray tell... Who in your family, nuclear or extended, dead or alive, has ever gotten a 5.0 CGPA from a Federal University?

If there isn't, check your neighbour's family.

If there isn't, shut the hell up!

Abeg help me tell them oh,if na skibirobosiko or sneh sneh robo sneh or wateva moniker he calls himself dem go dash am 10mil worth of contract just for singing his papa sneh and his aunty sneh sneh. Mchewwwwwww..
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Ethan45(m): 10:39am On Mar 25, 2016
don4real18:

First, I wish to congratulate Mr Ayodele Dada for his academic milestone of which many have tried and many have fallen so he should keep his head held high even though he is not to first and certainly won't be the last.

I stumbled upon a writeup few days ago on
how the writer says that Mr Dada deserves a national honour/award and his reason was obvious; The 5.0gpa.
And I became so confused because I thought the honour was given to those who have rendered service(s) to the benefit of the nation and after a research, I concluded that the writer alongside many others are ignorant of what the National Honour truly stands for............
Nigerian National Honours are a set of orders and decorations conferred upon Nigerians and friends of Nigeria every year. They were
instituted by the National Honors Act No. 5 of 1964, during the First Nigerian Republic , to honour Nigerians who have rendered service to the benefit of the nation. The
Nigerian National Honours, in descending order of importance, are:
*Grand Commander of the Order of the Federal
Republic (GCFR)
*Grand Commander of the Order of the Niger
(GCON)
*Commander of the Order of the Federal
Republic (CFR)
*Commander of the Order of the Niger (CON)
*Officer of the Order of the Federal Republic
(OFR)
*Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON)
*Member of the Order of the FederalRepublic
(MFR)
*Member of the Order of the Niger(MON)

The GCFR and GCON are customarily
respectively bestowed on former occupants of the office of President of Nigeria and Vice President of Nigeria including former military heads of state of Nigeria and Chiefs of General Staff. The GCON is also customarily bestowed on the Chief Justice of Nigeria and the President of the Nigerian Senate during their first year in office, while the CON is customarily bestowed on Justices of the Supreme Court of Nigeria (Wikipedia)

Now, what does Mr Dada deserve?
Still the national honour or an applaud from the education lovers
His achievement is a benefit to himself and not the nation.
What did he do for his final year project?
Does it contribute to nation building?
Did he invent any mathematical theory?

There are many 2nd class, 3rd and many
that didn't even attempt jamb but are contributing towards building the nation through the creation of job opportunities.

He should go out and prove himself and not become a burden on the nation just because of a degree that is not recognised in developed countries.

He has tried and I commend him but after school, life begins......... I wish him success
Bello Wahab O.

This is bull sh**t. I cn believe there are more than 200 likes on this gibberish talk. Tufia,this country no like good thing.
Mehn am outta here
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by somegirl1: 11:05am On Mar 25, 2016
[quote author=son4century post=44088484][/quote]

How do you know this?
Btw I'm not saying he definitely did, hence my use of the word "perhaps".

1 Like

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by mrwiddy(m): 11:16am On Mar 25, 2016
Oahray:
You do have a point, but you seem to be subtly arguing that it isn't worth the recognition. Maybe that's not what you meant but that's how it sounds.

I had to do a double take at "he is not the first and he won't be the last."

Pray tell... Who in your family, nuclear or extended, dead or alive, has ever gotten a 5.0 CGPA from a Federal University?

If there isn't, check your neighbour's family.

If there isn't, shut the hell up!
...I don't know why this 5.0 cgpa is being overhyped by almost everybody, what is good ought to be shared though,but not overhyped,afterall,it's not First class result that makes you the best in life,even in your field,or are yiou trying to tell me there won't be 'guruer' people than him in Unilag.......woo! bro,i'll always ve dz to say,"its not the certificate/grade,it's the make up"..........everybody na king for hin lane.
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Oahray: 11:27am On Mar 25, 2016
mrwiddy:
...I don't know why this 5.0 cgpa is being overhyped by almost everybody, what is good ought to be shared though,but not overhyped,afterall,it's not First class result that makes you the best in life,even in your field,or are yiou trying to tell me there won't be 'guruer' people than him in Unilag.......woo! bro,i'll always ve dz to say,"its not the certificate/grade,it's the make up"..........everybody na king for hin lane.
how come the 'guruer' people didn't get straight A's? He may not be streetwise enough to survive on hustle. He may not be creative. One thing is sure, he's the best at what he does - getting A's. If e easy, everybody for dey do am.

What makes you think his certificate is all there is to him anyway? Do you know him personally? Don't hate bro.
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by ADBOK: 11:37am On Mar 25, 2016
Oahray:
lol. Spoiling for a fight? Don't even bother. You no go reach me chew.
'Fight' you? That's time-wasting, I will just 'summarise' you. Already too many numbskulls walking about so reducing that number would be good...
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by xbee20(m): 12:07pm On Mar 25, 2016
National honour kor national horror ni! kudos to him though for his achievement!!!

Angry Nigerian!!!
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by armadeo(m): 4:35pm On Mar 25, 2016
Alejhandro:

Thank you dear. I was also thinking the same thing. Those asking who him result don help are just being jealous and unreasonable.

dude just saw your post on the muslim thread. WTF!!!

never knew there was a section where one had to be from a muslim to comment and some imbecilic mod had the guts to put it on FP,

isnt this similar to the forceful conversion of kids that are abducted? WTF is wrong with this peeps.

1 Like

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 25, 2016
armadeo:

dude just saw your post on the muslim thread. WTF!!!

never knew there was a section where one had to be from a muslim to comment and some imbecilic mod had the guts to put it on FP,

isnt this similar to the forceful conversion of kids that are abducted? WTF is wrong with this peeps.

My broda no mind them. Na d iiimbecile of an Mod wey carry am come front page I blame.
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by son4century(m): 9:03pm On Mar 25, 2016
somegirl1:

How do you know this?
Btw I'm not saying he definitely did, hence my use of the word "perhaps".
I know dat because am a graduate

anyone who has passed thru sch will know dat he wrote all "As"
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by somegirl1: 9:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
son4century:

I know dat because am a graduate

anyone who has passed thru sch will know dat he wrote all "As"

ok

1 Like

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by eminent007(m): 9:50pm On Mar 25, 2016
gbens2000:
ignorance and foolishness is wen u cannot see tru things or just assume u know or understad wat u dont av an idea of.ode is ur uncle at home that is stupid,oloriburuku

E pain am no be small grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by gbens2000(m): 8:29am On Mar 29, 2016
eminent007:

E pain am no be small grin grin grin grin
lolz true e enter me wela angry
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 29, 2016
blackprowler:

My friend, Thomas Edison had over 1,000 patents i.e over 1,000 inventions officially recognised. His lab was not a university. He never attended university, let alone coming first or last there. Let me tell you something, if the internet were invented before classrooms, there would be no campuses today that you people call school or universities. Human beings aren't smart; they lack the ability to be constantly aware of the reason for an action but quickly follow the pattern as the rule. When the reasons change, we still follow the pattern, not knowing that pattern no longer applies. Education is not getting a certificate from a brick-and-mortar institution. Education is the acquisition of intellectual skills and knowledge. If you go to that campus and get the paper but don't have skills or knowledge (that's the case in Nigeria), you're worse of because even though still empty, you would now be constituting a nuisance to everyone that you are educated. If full and equal access to the facilities of education were available to everyone in Nigeria, then no problem - let's all go there. Not when there isn't and only the privileged ones get to go to schools properly and you then decree that everyone must be measured according to how well they did in the tests at school. Does that sound fair? Why not assess them based on the desired skill set you need for a job role? Abraham Lincoln died in 1865. Till today Americans consider him their greatest president. There were all these Harvards in his time, comparable to what we have in Nigeria today. He was from a poor home - he didn't go to any. He was a lawyer. How? He studied privately for the tests required to be passed to be a lawyer. Full stop. There was no internet then for easy access to all the information in the world. All his classroom education was a total of ONE YEAR! In his day people could have PhDs from Harvard too. Unlike in Nigeria, they didn't block his life because he didn't go to their list of "recognised places" to prove he was bright. He proved it in the real world against all comers. We don't get it in Nigeria, I keep saying. You will see: this 5.0 GPA guy will never achieve anything for this country. He can't. He would even likely go abroad for " further studies" (wetin una ape country dey study sef) and quietly get a nice job there and quietly enjoy the rest of his days on earth. Or he may become one of the people drafted by our moneybags to enter and continue the bastardisation of the country in the political culture they would teach him. What did he study? He cannot have any direct impact on the country. The political field he has no idea and would only follow the pattern they tell him is "the way". Lastly, I have NO IDEA what secondary school in Nigeria would advise their best students to go and study Psychology at university. Shikena!
I don't understand your point. Thomas edison's time is totally different from now. There is what is called " evolution ". I would define it a reason for another reason tomorrow. A reason for a "future's reason". The Internet is an invention that have and would lead to so many inventions. Thomas edison's invention led to so many inventions. The schools are there for a reason. An avenue where people can build upon inventions, that's the essence. "Research and development " . It's part of the evolution if you must know. If you didn't go to school would you be able to type whatever you put upthere. Keep deceiving yourself. We need education more than anything in this part of the world. Your line of thought is void of any intelligence. There is no course of study that is not important to social development. Psychologist have their roles in the society. They help keep some people sane and in their right minds. You don't need to study engineering to be relevant or contribute your social quota. Education is not just about intellectual skills MR. Education is about relationships with people. Ok. Would you say the dude in question has not acquired any intellectual skills? You don't need to be on radio or Internet before you are known to have contributed your quota. That's where you are getting it wrong. You metioned edison and all because you read about them. You didn't mention soyinka and likes. There are people doing great in their niche. There are people doing well and contributing regardless the situation that you don't even know about. Change your thought. You said humans aren't smart..... I guess you mean Nigerians anyways. If you talking about humans, I am not sure you'd be using a phone or driving a car now if humans aren't smart.
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by blackprowler: 10:39pm On Mar 29, 2016
majekdom2:
I don't understand your point. Thomas edison's time is totally different from now. There is what is called " evolution ". I would define it a reason for another reason tomorrow. A reason for a "future's reason". The Internet is an invention that have and would lead to so many inventions. Thomas edison's invention led to so many inventions. The schools are there for a reason. An avenue where people can build upon inventions, that's the essence. "Research and development " . It's part of the evolution if you must know. If you didn't go to school would you be able to type whatever you put upthere. Keep deceiving yourself. We need education more than anything in this part of the world. Your line of thought is void of any intelligence. There is no course of study that is not important to social development. Psychologist have their roles in the society. They help keep some people sane and in their right minds. You don't need to study engineering to be relevant or contribute your social quota. Education is not just about intellectual skills MR. Education is about relationships with people. Ok. Would you say the dude in question has not acquired any intellectual skills? You don't need to be on radio or Internet before you are known to have contributed your quota. That's where you are getting it wrong. You metioned edison and all because you read about them. You didn't mention soyinka and likes. There are people doing great in their niche. There are people doing well and contributing regardless the situation that you don't even know about. Change your thought. You said humans aren't smart..... I guess you mean Nigerians anyways. If you talking about humans, I am not sure you'd be using a phone or driving a car now if humans aren't smart.

You have a long way to go - on many levels. I'm certainly not going to be the one to help you along the way. You're a good fit here in Nigeria though
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Nobody: 10:35am On Mar 30, 2016
blackprowler:

You have a long way to go - on many levels. I'm certainly not going to be the one to help you along the way. You're a good fit here in Nigeria though
yea , I am a good fit . ... That does not make you any better. was it too hard for you to explain yourself and prove that education isn't as relevant as you think ? why are your kids in school ? why have you not left them to be reading at home ?you are the joke to start with.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award / Picture Of Python Killed In Osustech / University Of Ibadan Meal Ticket In 1972 (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.