Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? (10873 Views)

"Cheating Is Okay If Your Home Is Okay" - Nigerian Man Advises / Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home / My Home Is Collapsing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by byvan03: 11:26am On Apr 03, 2016
Well, speak to your lawyer and head to court undecided. You should have said what you wanted earlier than let people waste their time trying to make it right for you.

4 Likes

Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by Dyt(f): 1:10pm On Apr 03, 2016
ANANABA000:

So I'm not asking for how to make it right, I'm asking for how to put an end to this marriage.
I'm sure we have experts in the house including experienced members who know how to end a union.

byvan03:
Well, speak to your lawyer and head to court undecided.
Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 03, 2016
Most Marriages are bound to fail, best to enjoy while it lasts.

1 Like

Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by olamidetosh: 5:12am On Apr 04, 2016
Wow, it's obvious now. The problem has not always been her. It has been you. You complain she has a deep frown, and yet you let her go.through all that. You have always be unhappy as you have literally said it was a marriage out of desperation for you. I just pity d poor woman. Why complain here when you.already know what you want sad

5 Likes

Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 04, 2016
It's not about who has the problem.
The whole thing is quite simple, compatibility cannot be forced.
If it took me five years of my life to realize that I can change course then it's fine.
Being miserable for the rest of God knows how long isn't my idea of a well lived life.

A woman who has made up her mind to be unhappy when I'm happy or is unperturbed by the picture of the future I've painted for myself and my offspring isn't worthy to continue the journey with me.
I can do without frowns and silence where there should be intellectual talk,I can live with not having those issues. I live with the challenge of a stress filled work life than to live in a home where the woman of the house reeks of ill attitude.

I don't have a lawyer who knows this road, I'll appreciate your help with contact details. Kindly PM me.
Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by Dyt(f): 8:39pm On Apr 04, 2016
You found another woman
undecided undecided undecided

6 Likes

Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by gidjah(m): 9:03pm On Apr 04, 2016
I would have taught the op has gone thru all the simplest ways to make this thing work,..exploring all open means ,but if nothing great in terms of head way seem to be coming out of it,then pls have your separate ways.But sir,if both of you are ready to make this work ,then no one on earth should be able to in make it.You may choose to see your senior pastor or any other very senior mature pastor that would help you guys out of this trouble. You might think she is trouble and opt out,but you will be surprised about the next madam 'better 'you are gonna fall for....this women are virtually the same o!!,na only their faces different, ask them married on this forum,I and madam are still learning tolerance and sacrifice daily and YES ,WE ALL ARE READY TO MAKE IT WORK.TRY SAME TOO SIR .GOD BLESS U BOTH

1 Like

Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by olamidetosh: 9:47pm On Apr 04, 2016
It seems you have done everything u can, but have avoided talking to her. Search truly in your heart if u have truly done all you are supposed to. It seems you are talking from both sides cos initially it seems you wanted to find a solution and everyone gave d advice. But now it seems you have your mind made up on not making it work. Search truly if you have not given her d course to doubt u at any single time. Do you give her all d support she needs. How is the sex initiated. How do u sleep. Do u have separate rooms. Do u attend to all her needs. Are you romantic, are you faithful. Ask yourself this question Bro. But if your mind is made up d other way, then it seems there is more reason behind what u are stating. But it's better to think very much deeply before you take steps
Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by focus7: 10:59pm On Apr 04, 2016
Man, you sure you no offend that lady? I suggest you buy her a gift of something you are really she will like, when you have prsented to her then ask to please tell you what it you did that hurt her or that she does not like about that you are ready to apologise and change, let's see how that work.
Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by BluStreak(m): 6:52am On Apr 05, 2016
OP, is it possible to bring this wifey in on this so she can give us her version of the story? Maybe, just maybe after hers then can we truly understand where you all got it wrong and how best it can be fixed.

Life has thought me never to judge an issue with just one side of the story. Some spouses sha!

3 Likes

Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by RiloKiley: 7:42am On Apr 05, 2016
ANANABA000:
Thanks for all the many admonition Guys.
You're all so very awesome.

However, we're missing out a few things here.
I never mentioned that I cheated anywhere in my post, neither was I caught doing that.
I give my kids all the attention they deserve and they love and appreciate me.
Of course I'm not a saint, but I'm better than 80% of Guys in my age range And in same situation.

It's odd to have a woman of the house act the way mine does and I doubt that it's due to hormonal changes.
I unfortunately have the responsibility of living with a woman who still walks the streets in tight jean trousers after two kids.
I've never met her mother after 5 years of wedlock all thanks to her parent's divorce some 20 something years ago.

You know, that category of women, who believe they still have "something to give to society" not just hubby.
Those who invest in sexy pants and lingerie yet don't have the urge for sex with hubby.

That category of women who spend all their time outdoors, while a nanny does all the hard work and have nothing to show for all the wasted time.
That category of women who leave home at 7am and return at 8pm yet their kids look like orphans.

How I got into this?
After two heartbreaks from two relationships. One due to genotype mismatch, the other due to not having family consent. I spun into action to salvage my situation.
I courted for 9 months, I was desperate to have kids then.
I had a string of girls and she was just one of them.

Apparently, she was the one who was desperate enough to endure being a foot mat.
It was all about the baby not the Mama.
I pushed and kicked, I bad mouthed and cursed but she stayed until the pregnancy came and that made me think twice.
Five years down the line I have a home I wish will break.
You need to really imagine my situation to understand what I'm going through.
I wonder why people find it hard to give it up when it's not yielding the desired love as designed by God.
I wonder why I have to live with trying for a happy home for the rest of my useful life when it doesn't seem possible.

So I'm not asking for how to make it right, I'm asking for how to put an end to this marriage.
I'm sure we have experts in the house including experienced members who know how to end a union.
I feel your pain bro. But what can you do? You are married you are married. E don happen.
In all this I haven't heard the part where you talked to her about this her behaviour, or maybe I missed it cos I haven't gone thru the rest of the thread.
Have u told her how her behaviour makes you feel? Does she know the extent to which her actions are making you uncomfortable? You will be surprised she hasn't the foggiest idea that you are this unhappy. She might see it all as being 'normal', after all, her parents were divorced for decades... She may not actually know how to treat a man.

You should try teaching her. At least you have nothing to lose since you are already considering a divorce.

By teaching her I mean putting your foot down on issues you dont like. Tell her you are not comfortable with her wearing jeans, that it disgusts you as the husband. Make a big deal out of it. You'll be stunned that she never saw it as big of a problem as you think. Insist she comes home early. Or call her to find out where she is. Put more effort into telling her what to do instead of sitting and sulking in silence. Insist on your way or no way. Many women may not admit this but they like an authority figure and this your wife needs you to teach her what a real family should be like since she has no experience of it due to her parents divorce.

As per the sex thing. It's a pity some women don't value the power of sex as much as they should. You see them exclaiming "is sex food? " meanwhile cheating with another woman is the most common reason for quarrels and separations in families. They will be quick to shift the blame on the man and make him feel guilty about sex instead of preferring a genial solution where both partners can benefit. I can't tell you how many years it took me to sort out the sexual issues in my home but thank God for patience and understanding. You Just have to be patient in that regards my brother. You have to make sex a conscious act. I know this might sound funny and unromantic to you but we r trying to find a solution here. If her attitude towards sex with you is one of disgust or despising it, then being spontaneous is out of the question. Sulking and waiting weeks until you can no longer hold in the urge to have sex will frustrate the life out of you, trust me on that. That frustration is probably a major factor why u want the breakup. Don't let it get to that point. Let her know you have needs and these needs should be met 3 times a week (for example). I know it sounds cold and unromantic but you are already having cold and unromantic served you so you have nothing to lose. Setting a timetable will serve two purposes: it will ease the sexual tension off you and it will make your wife prepare mentally for sex. It might start out cold and uninteresting but the more you do something the better you get at it. Practice makes perfect and before you know it she'll get better at the sex thing.

Whew! Didn't think I would write all this. You are not alone in your experience bro. If she's a decent responsible woman who is not blatantly cheating on you then it's most likely you can make this work. And if it doesn't work you at least have the benefit of saying "I tried all I could."

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by RiloKiley: 7:48am On Apr 05, 2016
allycat:
My advice is for you to take your mind off sex for a short while and get to know each other again. Maybe she feels all you want from her is sex. Take her out alone without the kids sometimes, for a movie or for dinner take a bat with her wit out inai sting it ends with sex. Play scrabble or whatever game the two of you once enjoyed. Talk to her, if she doesn't come to bed go and meet her and join her in whatever she is doing even if she says it's OK. Become her boyfriend again. Sometimes we get caught up in our roles as parents and forget our spouses matter. Sometimes it's small resentments that build up and snowball into big things.
Then again if your last child is less than two consider post part depression, it can turn the bubbles and most fun woman into a ghost of herself. Everything around them becomes hopeless and they cannot explain to themselves what's more to another person why they are acting the way they do.
Good luck!
Op this is another sound advice. You can try this and mine and see what comes of it.
Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by Abel202: 12:53pm On Apr 05, 2016
[b]To the OP:
When I first read your submission I shouted Halleluyaa, so I have someone in the same kind of boat like me. But after carefully reading through all your submissions I think there are differences in our experiences.
Mine:
I am married for almost Ten years now with 3 lovely and beautiful kids. I love my wife so much and she loves me too quite much. The problem is that she is frigid. I have tried everything in the book, and believe me when I say everything to no avail. In my own case I and my wife are the best of friends, we do everything lovingly and have a very lovely home that is the envy of my peers. Problem only starts when its time for love making. Just like your wife, she will frown her face and face the wall, or face down, and when I wanna penetrate you will hear the 'voice' ''have you taken the vaseline''. With my lovely wife, no vaseline no penetration lol. When you start, no moaning no initiative on her part, but when time starts going you will hear another 'voice' ''are you not through'', then later ''its paining me'' then if by chance you are still on top, the last voice ''ooooh it's paining me''. Then you just have to get out, lol. When I remember to make love to my wife I cringe, but paradoxically my wife's punnani is the sweetest punnani I have ever encountered in my experience filled years on this earth. So even with her zero-initiative, if she could just bring herself when needed and lay cold as usual - me go still deh enjoy deh go till 45 minutes to one hour. This is because I know there wouldnt be a second round for me for any night, so as a master chess player I stretch any available one round to the maximum ha ha ha.
Mr OP i have passed through the phase you are passing. But I discovered one thing in the case of my wife. She is a very good woman with good morals and the best wife I could dream for myself. Her fault is in love making and its really bad as she has close to zero urge. If you leave my wife for two years without initiating love making, she will shout uhuru and act as if everything is normal.
So after weighing all my options I decided that I can not abandon such a lovely home and marriage for this one fault. So I kept her, but devised other means to satisfy myself outside the home often, without her knowledge of course, with some complications sometimes. But in general it works. I disturb my wife less often but still gets my satisfaction from my concubines outside (one concubine at a time lol). So wifey is constantly happy while me who used to complain, am also constantly happy, so to everybody Mine is a very happy home with no issues ha ha ha.
Mr OP I also didnt marry the wife I would have planned to marry, but I have learnt to love the one I ended up marrying.
Am still very frustrated on the rather very poor love making angle of my marriage but which marriage has everything working out 100%? Answer is non. If you divorce for any and every fault that comes up in marriage, then you might end up like the Westerners who marry and divorce 3 to 4 times in their life time - that is certainly not ideal and even they are complaining.
So therefore Mr OP, please follow some good advise already given you here. Work on your marriage and your woman. She might not really be frigid like my wife, but her actions might be due to the poor communication in your union. Try to take out time to talk to her and iron out things with her on a prolonged period of time. Give her and your marriage more chance of survival and I think it will survive. For me I love my wife to still look as hot as ever with her jeans and all, but if you don't like that on your wife then talk to her. And above all, in everything be a real man. Give orders where it should be given and sanctions where it should be applied. Praise her to high heavens when she does good things and discipline (not beat her oh) when necessary.
If after all said and done everything works out but you find out that she is really frigid like my lovely wife, then you can try my style of having concubines outside while still making everyone happy lol.
Try to squize out Joy & laughter even in seemingly difficult situations. I have mastered this act and you can also do it with practice.
I always make bold to say that I can marry any woman no matter how difficult and turn her into the best wife for me, ha ha ha. Life is good and you should enjoy it.[/b]

8 Likes

Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 05, 2016
Mr Abel202 I really feel for you
but there is a problem.....
any one of those concubines could give you an STD which you will pass on to your wife or they may decide that they want to be a wife too and then you will tear your family apart
having extra marital affairs will also cost you money, time and your conscience and if your wife finds out, your marriage and possibly your children depending on how vindictive she chooses to be.

My question is is your wife really frigid?
Have you sought medical advise as it could have a cause?
I was watching a program the other day where a woman was experiencing serious pain during lovemaking
After investigation it was found that she had a skin condition within her vaginna that was causing the pain. It was Like an Eczema type of inflammation.
She was given steroids and it cleared up

Im not here to preach to you as I dont walk in your shoes and so I dont know where it pinches
just trying to see if there are any better options that you can pursue as I do get the impression that you do love your wife

2 Likes

Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by marbee(f): 6:57pm On Apr 05, 2016
ANANABA000:

I never mentioned that I cheated anywhere in my post, neither was I caught doing that.
Of course I'm not a saint, but I'm better than 80% of Guys in my age range And in same situation.

It's odd to have a woman of the house act the way mine does and I doubt that it's due to hormonal changes.
I unfortunately have the responsibility of living with a woman who still walks the streets in tight jean trousers after two kids.
I've never met her mother after 5 years of wedlock all thanks to her parent's divorce some 20 something years ago.

You know, that category of women, who believe they still have "something to give to society" not just hubby.
Those who invest in sexy pants and lingerie yet don't have the urge for sex with hubby.

That category of women who spend all their time outdoors, while a nanny does all the hard work and have nothing to show for all the wasted time.
That category of women who leave home at 7am and return at 8pm yet their kids look like orphans.

How I got into this?
After two heartbreaks from two relationships. One due to genotype mismatch, the other due to not having family consent. I spun into action to salvage my situation.

Apparently, she was the one who was desperate enough to endure being a foot mat.
I pushed and kicked, I bad mouthed and cursed but she stayed until the pregnancy came and that made me think twice.
I wonder why people find it hard to give it up when it's not yielding the desired love as designed by God.
I wonder why I have to live with trying for a happy home for the rest of my useful life when it doesn't seem possible.

If you want to end your union,the first thing is to tell your wife first.

2 Likes

Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by marbee(f): 7:14pm On Apr 05, 2016
If you want to still work on your marriage: first look at yourself as the imperfect one.
You've stated some qualities you don't like in your wife like: wearing of trousers,
Like going out and coming back late, spending too much on lingerie, keeping attitude and so on.....

Those are not VALID reasons to end your marriage which involves kids.

You are not perfect, there are alot of things she don't like about you also.

You even stated how she is the least of the group of people you wanted to get married to,
You don't Love your wife from your writeup, i am sure you even think you did her a favour by getting married to her. That is very bad of YOU.

But remember before you end your union that the grass is not greener on the other side.

2 Likes

Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by veave(f): 7:38pm On Apr 05, 2016
So no body read where he confessed to badmouthing her until she got pregnant. And now you want love?

Hehe.... you know one thing in life? The one that says it forgets, the one that hears it never forgets.... you made your big bed.... lie on it please...

4 Likes

Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by Abel202: 9:37pm On Apr 05, 2016
tearoses:
Mr Abel202 I really feel for you
but there is a problem.....
any one of those concubines could give you an STD which you will pass on to your wife or they may decide that they want to be a wife too and then you will tear your family apart
having extra marital affairs will also cost you money, time and your conscience and if your wife finds out, your marriage and possibly your children depending on how vindictive she chooses to be.

My question is is your wife really frigid?
Have you sought medical advise as it could have a cause?
I was watching a program the other day where a woman was experiencing serious pain during lovemaking
After investigation it was found that she had a skin condition within her vaginna that was causing the pain. It was Like an Eczema type of inflammation.
She was given steroids and it cleared up

Im not here to preach to you as I dont walk in your shoes and so I dont know where it pinches
just trying to see if there are any better options that you can pursue as I do get the impression that you do love your wife

[b]Thanks for your concern.
Believe me, I have tried virtually everything along these years. When I zeroed down to concubine affairs, it wasn't an easy decision, but it ws an elderly family friend, a very responsible man who revealed to me that he had the same situation and that was how he has been managing all through the years without rocking his family boat.
You are right, its fraught with lots of risk, but one has been as careful and prudent as one possibly could under the circumstances. It's never ideal, that is a fact.
However I am still open to good suggestions, so before I replied you, I just copied part of your write up and pasted to my wife and asked her if she experiences real pains while we are making love. She categorically said no. That I know she has tight Vagina, that its always a bit painful in the beginning but eases when the actions continues. That she is just not too good in love making and bla bla bla. Bottom line is that we communicate on virtually everything. So I have really tried a lot before accepting my fate that I got a frigid wife. I hope someday it miraculously turns out that she really isn't frigid..[/b]
Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 06, 2016
Abel202:

[b]Thanks for your concern.
Believe me, I have tried virtually everything along these years. When I zeroed down to concubine affairs, it wasn't an easy decision, but it ws an elderly family friend, a very responsible man who revealed to me that he had the same situation and that was how he has been managing all through the years without rocking his family boat.
You are right, its fraught with lots of risk, but one has been as careful and prudent as one possibly could under the circumstances. It's never ideal, that is a fact.
However I am still open to good suggestions, so before I replied you, I just copied part of your write up and pasted to my wife and asked her if she experiences real pains while we are making love. She categorically said no. That I know she has tight Vagina, that its always a bit painful in the beginning but eases when the actions continues. That she is just not too good in love making and bla bla bla. Bottom line is that we communicate on virtually everything. So I have really tried a lot before accepting my fate that I got a frigid wife. I hope someday it miraculously turns out that she really isn't frigid..[/b]

I appreciate you taking the time to respond and explain further
I still suggest that you wife goes for a full check up
I dunno how loaded you are, but if you do travel abroad on holiday, you may want to consider seeing a specialist during your trip.
What looks like out of this world to you both may infact be something that a specialist knows how to deal with.
On that same program I was talking about, another woman had a bit of extra skin at the entrance to her Vaginna that was causing pain during love making due to friction but it wasn't until she was examined properly that it was detected.
BTW the program is called embarrassing bodies.
I wish you both all the best and hope that one day all this will be a long time ago story.
Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by akike: 11:39pm On Apr 09, 2016
x240:

And why should it be the husband that has to help her get her groove back?

and aside that, your assertion that most women lose apetite for sex is a big lie with no single fact backing it. Y'all Nigerian ladies were groomed to see sex as something not to be enjoyed, something you do just to satisfy him. sleep on the bed tie wrapper and lay like a log of wood. Yes, some males are to blame but most guys would want a lady who is "mad fun and crazy" in bed. Let him try introduce a new style or taking it a notch higher and she starts complaining that she isnt a slut and he cant expect her to do those acrobatic styles.

What do we get instead? Log of wood, no action, dead style of sex. Why won't it be tiring and get boring?

When you would never take the initiative to request for sex or try to enjoy it. Our mothers made the mistake and the new generation ladies are towing that same line again. No wonder there's so much failed marriages and bitter people out there. If the sex was good and mutual you would be 50% more happy and this would sip into other areas of your lives and makes bonding much more stronger.
It is a no brainer.

This is not absolving the male of wrongdoing but you ladies should please remove the "getting old and loosing apetite story".It's boring to hear already.

I disagree with you

Some women lose confidence, some lose appetite etc

Also, you need to recognise that Nigeria is patriarchal. I have read stuffs about men who wants their wives to lay like a log of wood...literally

What's wrong in telling her what you want? This boils down to lack of communication and social structure. i blame both genders. I don't think we should blame any gender exclusively.
Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by basingstoke: 11:34pm On Apr 14, 2016
ANANABA000:
Wow!

Thanks for all the many comments and advice.
Contrary to what most of you Guys think though, I've not done anything that warrants this treatment.
Exhaustion is out of the possible causes because there's a house help that does all the hard work in the house.

Communication takes two to work, I've done my part in so many different ways.
From text messages to Whats app and BBM chat,late night discussion and even third party involvement.

I've threatened to bring in competition with a second Wife, I've threatened separation and all the other different methods you can think of.
She's young at 31 and married to me on a 7 year age difference.

We agreed to have two kids during courtship but other birth control methods between spouses should be considered instead of the condom.
On MouthAction, I wonder how many ladies on here have ever got a tongue lick down there.
PEACE in marriage has to do with both man and woman. no mattter what you do, if she doesnt want peace, then that is it.
Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ladies!
Your help with getting me back on track will really be appreciated here.
I refuse to be confused or deterred by my situation.

What i need is a way forward.
Contrary to what you all think, i don't have a mistress anywhere (Hope you can help get one)

I've not got laid since i started this topic and I'm
supposed to be a healthy man with a living Wife.
Your opinions, advice and contributions will go a long way in dousing the tension and depression I'm experiencing.
Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by byvan03: 4:52pm On Jul 27, 2016
If it makes you this miserable, why not just try separation and see if it gets better?
Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
ANANABA000, four months you never poke! You dey try o. Ku iroju

Meanwhile, your wife is getting schlonged somewhere.
Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by mission08: 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
ANANABA000:
How I got into this?

@op, I don't know what to say to you but one thing I am sure of is that you laid a very wrong foundation for your marriage. You know the saying ...'as you make your bed so you'll lie on it'.... It is very obvious you never loved your wife and she knows it. You have acted it, showed it and you threw it to her face. But being human that you are, you expected love from her. You should understand that se.x to many women goes beyond just the act. Her response to you is a function of your actions and treatments meted to her. Please, try to look beyond yourself, life is not all about you alone and what you want.

The statement '[b]That category of women who leave home at 7am and return at 8pm yet their kids look like orphan[/b]s' portrays that you feel she is solely responsible for the upkeep of your kids. What are you in particular doing to ensure your kids don't look like orphans? Now that you are considering divorce, if she stops her time consuming job how will she support herself and the kids? if you pay good attention to them like you said then why do they still look like orphans? In all of this she comes across as someone who is hurting and pained. All I see is no love, no communication, no connection...... I guess she is also not happy in this union just like you. If you both are not ready to work it out, abeg, let go.

1 Like

Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
byvan03:
If it makes you this miserable, why not just try separation and see if it gets better?

What have i not tried?
You know some people make it a point of duty to make one's life miserable.
She won't agree to separation.
She has refused divorce.
She won't let me be.
Yet she has refused to let me have a life.

Timbuktou:
ANANABA000, four months you never poke! You dey try o. Ku iroju
Meanwhile, your wife is getting schlonged somewhere.

Like a book i read in my teen years in those days,..."Death is a woman"

mission08:

I guess she is also not happy in this union just like you. If you both are not ready to work it out, abeg, let go.

When you hold someone down and refuse him to grow, you also stay down with him and also won't grow.
Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by eyinjuege: 7:50pm On Jul 27, 2016
Op, no be by force.

Try the separation thing first.

Move to a friend's place,or if you can afford to rent a self contained place somewhere. At least she can't force you not to move out. Check on your kids every weekend, and make sure their needs are met.

Use the time to do other things,meet new people, join a language class, join a gym or something.
The time should also be used to reflect on the way forward. If you miss her surly self well enough, you could reconsider the marriage, but if you're happier without her then you may need to consider bye bye.

Life is too short.

Meanwhile, do not get angry if your wife also decides to move on. It was probably a wrong match ab-initio.

1 Like

Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by misspicy(f): 8:45pm On Jul 27, 2016
ANANABA000:

How I got into this?

If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

psalm 11:3

1 Like

Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 28, 2016
ANANABA000:

Ladies!
Your help with getting me back on track will really be appreciated here.
I refuse to be confused or deterred by my situation.

What i need is a way forward.
Contrary to what you all think, i don't have a mistress anywhere (Hope you can help get one)

I've not got laid since i started this topic and I'm
supposed to be a healthy man with a living Wife.
Your opinions, advice and contributions will go a long way in dousing the tension and depression I'm experiencing.

It's really unfortunate, but I think you laid the foundation for what is going on in your home right now. What you don't know is that there is a very thin line between love and hate, and while some women may PRETEND to forget how badly you treated them in the beginning, they NEVER do!

I agree with you on one thing, you married the wrong person. You never really loved her . . . to you she was just a way out of your bachelorhood. You cared more about starting a family than building a marriage . . .

A woman you maltreated and snubbed, and only married her after she got pregnant is definitely doing to have some deep seated hatred for you. No matter how docile she acted, just to get married, she's still not over what you did to her in the past.

I hardly ever support divorce, but in this case, that may be the only way out . . . not just for you, but for her too. She is living in a prison, just like you!

As for taking care of the home and kids, please understand that you also have a role to play. If your kids look like orphans, it is 50% your fault. Having children comes with a lot of responsibilities and no one person can do it all . . .

If you decide to work on your marriage, then you have to go back to the drawing board. You have to realize that you (and not her) laid the foundation for how your marriage is right now, and only you can fix it. You need to undo all what you did and demonstrate to her that you really love her for who she is. To do this, you need to acknowledge your fault and truly apologize to her and beg for her forgiveness. Teach her to love you again and I believe you can move forward from there . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 28, 2016
ANANABA000:

I saw that frown again, clearly as it lingered with the accompanying deep lines between her eyes while she found her way to our matrimonial bed reluctantly.

It was one of our few nights of love making urge quenching.
With her back turned on me in bed as usual, waiting for me to do whatever it was I wanted while she endured?
At the final minute, when it was time to seal the matter and enjoy the spoils of a penetration, I’m interrupted by that soft voice….”are you wearing a condom?”

For months, I’ve watched the coldness when it was time; it has been same ugly attitude.
She’s not the maid or a neighbor’s daughter; she’s my Wife of five years.
We have two daughters between us and that’s the attitude I get when I ask for sex.
I don’t do that often except when I’m pressed but that’s natural.
I don’t know when my woman is in her monthly flow, I get turned down sometimes on that pretext.
I go to bed every night like a young bachelor, alone in bed and wondering how many other men live like me.

Weekends are hell for me, both boring and lonely.
I’m still looking for what hit me, when exactly and how.
I trust a few of you nairalanders can help me figure all that out.
I’m waiting for both sides of the coin.

If your religion permits it, marry a second wife. Continue to take good care of the first wife and your kids, and leave the intimacy for the second wife, since the first one seems not to like it.
Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 29, 2016
Okay!
I'm following.
Re: How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? by zanyzara: 3:15pm On Jul 29, 2016
From your write up,your wife is nursing a resentment. it might be something you have done or still doing,until the air is cleared you will still get that silent treatment.

Have you ever in all sincerity asked how your wife wants to be made love to? Pre-intimacy is not all about kissing and pressing boobs. To some women just lying in bed and talking about funny things that happened during your time apart is a signal,lying tucked in your man's arms and getting nuzzled is build up for some,what is your wife's weak point...oops forgotten "she's the one you just married not love". All I read is your own frustrations.

How did you treat her during pregnancy? No back rubs?you left her to her "wahala", after all she got pregnant so you could marry her. Apparently the harsh treatment she was subjected to while undergoing the "test before marriage" continued all through pregnancy. Women are very sensitive, forget the exterior gragra, how you treat them stays in the subconscious and for your wife to persistently demand you dorn condom means there is an underlying fear which is definitely telling on your Sex life.

Gone are the days women are condemned to wearing skirt and blouse simply because she's got kids. If the tight jeans is worn appropriately please let her be.

The children looking like orphans shows how interested you are in them,you cannot expect happy kids in a home where Mum and dad are unhappy. The sad thing is you are preparing the stage for another set of unhappy future marriage(not cursing the kids but the foundation you are laying for them is getting crooked).

I know you said you have tried communicating with madam but did you talk to her inner person or the usual "I'm tired of this relationship ", "is this how other marriage look like" approach?

For her to stay when you mistreated her initially means there was a glimpse of love on her part. Maybe you actually continued the mistreatment even when you guys got married. No woman wants to be treated with contempt!No woman wants to be treated with scorn! We want to know we still beautiful after 3 kids,to be told you are still sexy by our man....

If after getting married to you hoping you will come to love her eventually you still pushed her away then this is exactly how you will be treated. Your wife has decided not to live for you again. She's only trying to make you see she can survive without you but for her not to grant divorce means she is just bluffing.

Reach out if you still want though from your write up I sincerely doubt you do want that marriage again. For the sake of your kids approach the court.

Goodluck!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Weekend Get-Away With Wifey! !!! / When Is The Right Time To Get Married? / Husband and Wife in the same Profession?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.