Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,776 members, 7,798,592 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? (7439 Views)

4 Incredible Ways To Handle A Bad Boss At Work Without Getting Burned / Be Careful Where You Sit At Work / Share Your First Day At Work Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by vnmanpower(f): 5:53am On Mar 24, 2016
When you have a bad day at work, it seems nothing goes on right track from the smallest thing. Of course you don’t want to bring your bad work day home. We can't change the fact that it happened but you can get over a bad day at work and might prevent similar event in the future with these following tips:

1. Identify the root of your bad day at work

Where did it come from? Your boss, your coworkers, your customers or yourself?

- Your boss? He yelled at you for your mistake in front of your colleagues? He made you annoy with his micromanagement style? He might also get angry with you, so try to talk to him in the next day or other suitable time to find a mutual voice.

- Your bad coworkers? They gossiped behind your back or isolated you? It's a suck because you couldn't point at their face or inform your manager.

- Your difficult client? It's a headache issue because the customer is God. I would hazard a guess that you are working in service sector. It is inevitable, no need to make your mood down.

- Stress at work? Overload? Ask yourself why you chose this job to find a solution. You work for money or follow your passion?
Identify the origin of your negative emotion is the initial step to take further action.

2. Leave all problems at workplace

I know it's hard but possible to leave it behind your back and go home. You need a change from your perspective. Assume that you would bring your bad workday home; think over and over again during the evening and night time. Could you change anything which already happened? Definitely no! But you can take this time to assess thoroughly your behavior today, what you make right and wrong to discover the lesson in this experience. If it's your mistake, admit it and find how to fix on the next days. Everyone makes mistakes, but the difference is how to correct them.

3. Allow yourself a certain amount of time overcome negative feelings.

The emotion of disappointment or frustration is very common in this case. When you are in a bad mood, you may feel that the whole world turns against you. It's unwise to make any decision at this time. Don't keep your problem alone, you will feel better when being understood. Tell it to someone you trust, you can both relieve the stress and get perspective from an outsider.

After leaving the office, you should take a slow walk to keep calm down. Playing a sport or doing some exercises like yoga, biking, aerobics can help you refresh your mind. Endorphins and serotonin released during and after exercises are beneficial to your mood and help you reduce stress, especially when you exercise with your close friend or partner.

4. Do what you really enjoy

Do you have a hobby? It's an effective way to enjoy your personal life. When getting stressed at work, you should spend time doing what you like to find happiness. There are a million choices for you, such as playing with your children, cooking your favorite dish and enjoy the dinner with the one you love, listening to your favorite songs, wearing your favorite clothes, doing your favorite exercise and so on. Whatever you do, the idea to remember is to replace your negative feelings by happy emotion. You are unable to completely empty your mind after a bad day at work. The trick here is to fill your mind with other thought of comfortable things. Remember to spend time for yourself as you deserve.

5. Evaluate the panorama picture to figure out solutions

When your depression is gone, it's time to evaluate what happened. Do you realize the truth that most of bad things at work come from yourself? If you complete your work well, your boss couldn't blame it on you. If you get along well with other people on the office and never gossip, I do believe that they will treat you the same. No bad boss, no bad coworker. If you can manage your time and handle your work well, you even can strike a work-life balance instead of keep diving in the deep sea of stuff.

To be a top performer at work is important in your career path, but you don’t need to do multi tasks at the same time. You should have a to-do list every morning to motivate yourself. Besides, it’s better to learn to find the type of your manager to have proper strategy and try to enhance communication among coworkers to get on well with each other.

If you hate your current job or it doesn't fit you, don't hesitate to seek another work that suits your ability and personality. In case you love your job, it's time to reconsider your work plan and daily schedule. It hurts but either your time management or your multitasking skills need improving immediately. Ask for help when you need support since nobody can do everything well alone.

Obviously it's impossible to avoid bad day at work. Hopefully these tips can help you get over your awful day more quickly with less influence on your personal life. Every single day you make a choice.

Source: blog

7 Likes

Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by kaywiluv(f): 4:15am On Mar 25, 2016
Following...... A good or bad day at work is just like decision making where u have alternative, so u look for alternative to make u feel good.
@chichioflondon are u still on dis planet undecided I believe mckenzieRx will take care of u wink
Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by kurt09(m): 4:18am On Mar 25, 2016
Timely
Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by Suntemi(m): 4:18am On Mar 25, 2016
6. Place a call to that one person you love so much. Works great for me

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by ChiChiOfLondon(f): 4:48am On Mar 25, 2016
There's no better way to forget about a bad day at work than to leave work early and branch at Le Boo's place. After like 2 rounds, all sweaty and legs shaking, day would have changed from bad to good. And by 2 rounds, i mean prayer. 2 rounds of prayer. you just have to put ur THRUST in God, grin grin grin that is if you know what i mean grin grin grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by Karleb(m): 4:49am On Mar 25, 2016
This writer is an ardent Wikihow reader, it's just so obvious.
Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by mckenzieRx: 4:51am On Mar 25, 2016
I concur @chichioflondon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by Jamean(f): 5:03am On Mar 25, 2016
Hmmm!

1 Like

Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by hobermener: 5:20am On Mar 25, 2016
D
Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by ThePENGENIUS(m): 5:43am On Mar 25, 2016
ChiChiOfLondon:
There's no better way to forget about a bad day at work than to leave work early and branch at Le Boo's place. After like 2 rounds, all sweaty and legs shaking, day would have changed from bad to good. And by 2 rounds, i mean prayer. 2 rounds of prayer. you just have to put ur THRUST in God, grin grin grin that is if you know what i mean grin grin grin grin grin
Lwkmd. This girl undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by angiography(m): 6:02am On Mar 25, 2016
A bad day at work??... Just sleep away your sorrows.

And don't read Nigerian news afterwards(it'll only make it worse)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by shark003: 6:12am On Mar 25, 2016
Listen to your heart
Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by queenfav(f): 6:22am On Mar 25, 2016
I Just look forward to that awesome moment when i get home,then pour myself a shot of vodka on ice..And that makes all forgotten,i just sleep like a baby.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by ShakurM(m): 6:39am On Mar 25, 2016
Wetin concern me, na Oga daughter go suffer am grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 25, 2016
Buy whiskey and tom tom..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by austine4real(m): 7:23am On Mar 25, 2016
Nice one op
5bottles of Dr igbodo goko cleanser 4u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 25, 2016
call up your Lover and Bleep tha Hell out of them

1 Like

Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by Nelsizzy(m): 7:35am On Mar 25, 2016
What about me that do not have a job ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by Gabaleve(m): 8:03am On Mar 25, 2016
DonUjay:
call up your Lover and Bleep tha Hell out of them
lol...dat kinda bleepin dat wuld make her start feeelin like she caused ur bad day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by Niyipo(m): 8:34am On Mar 25, 2016
noted
Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by hapiness44(f): 8:59am On Mar 25, 2016
Lol.. I really can relate with this. My first year in my current job, I was fighting with my boss almost everyday, and I tell you! It can be draining. So many times I just wanted to resign, I felt he never saw anything good in me.

Right now,we are like 5 and 6. I have studied him and now understand how he wants his work done, and I strive to deliver well. Though we still fight alot,lol, but it is more like daddy, daughter fight now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by Suntemi(m): 9:07am On Mar 25, 2016
ChiChiOfLondon:

First time I'm liking a nairalander's DP. Love the swag

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by ted2marv: 9:11am On Mar 25, 2016
ChiChiOfLondon:

. .such philosophy might yield different results. Trust me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by helphelp: 9:21am On Mar 25, 2016
vnmanpower:
When you have a bad day at work, it seems nothing goes on right track from the smallest thing. Of course you don’t want to bring your bad work day home. We can't change the fact that it happened but you can get over a bad day at work and might prevent similar event in the future with these following tips:

1. Identify the root of your bad day at work

Where did it come from? Your boss, your coworkers, your customers or yourself?

- Your boss? He yelled at you for your mistake in front of your colleagues? He made you annoy with his micromanagement style? He might also get angry with you, so try to talk to him in the next day or other suitable time to find a mutual voice.

- Your bad coworkers? They gossiped behind your back or isolated you? It's a suck because you couldn't point at their face or inform your manager.

- Your difficult client? It's a headache issue because the customer is God. I would hazard a guess that you are working in service sector. It is inevitable, no need to make your mood down.

- Stress at work? Overload? Ask yourself why you chose this job to find a solution. You work for money or follow your passion?
Identify the origin of your negative emotion is the initial step to take further action.

2. Leave all problems at workplace

I know it's hard but possible to leave it behind your back and go home. You need a change from your perspective. Assume that you would bring your bad workday home; think over and over again during the evening and night time. Could you change anything which already happened? Definitely no! But you can take this time to assess thoroughly your behavior today, what you make right and wrong to discover the lesson in this experience. If it's your mistake, admit it and find how to fix on the next days. Everyone makes mistakes, but the difference is how to correct them.

3. Allow yourself a certain amount of time overcome negative feelings.

The emotion of disappointment or frustration is very common in this case. When you are in a bad mood, you may feel that the whole world turns against you. It's unwise to make any decision at this time. Don't keep your problem alone, you will feel better when being understood. Tell it to someone you trust, you can both relieve the stress and get perspective from an outsider.

After leaving the office, you should take a slow walk to keep calm down. Playing a sport or doing some exercises like yoga, biking, aerobics can help you refresh your mind. Endorphins and serotonin released during and after exercises are beneficial to your mood and help you reduce stress, especially when you exercise with your close friend or partner.

4. Do what you really enjoy

Do you have a hobby? It's an effective way to enjoy your personal life. When getting stressed at work, you should spend time doing what you like to find happiness. There are a million choices for you, such as playing with your children, cooking your favorite dish and enjoy the dinner with the one you love, listening to your favorite songs, wearing your favorite clothes, doing your favorite exercise and so on. Whatever you do, the idea to remember is to replace your negative feelings by happy emotion. You are unable to completely empty your mind after a bad day at work. The trick here is to fill your mind with other thought of comfortable things. Remember to spend time for yourself as you deserve.

5. Evaluate the panorama picture to figure out solutions

When your depression is gone, it's time to evaluate what happened. Do you realize the truth that most of bad things at work come from yourself? If you complete your work well, your boss couldn't blame it on you. If you get along well with other people on the office and never gossip, I do believe that they will treat you the same. No bad boss, no bad coworker. If you can manage your time and handle your work well, you even can strike a work-life balance instead of keep diving in the deep sea of stuff.

To be a top performer at work is important in your career path, but you don’t need to do multi tasks at the same time. You should have a to-do list every morning to motivate yourself. Besides, it’s better to learn to find the type of your manager to have proper strategy and try to enhance communication among coworkers to get on well with each other.

If you hate your current job or it doesn't fit you, don't hesitate to seek another work that suits your ability and personality. In case you love your job, it's time to reconsider your work plan and daily schedule. It hurts but either your time management or your multitasking skills need improving immediately. Ask for help when you need support since nobody can do everything well alone.

Obviously it's impossible to avoid bad day at work. Hopefully these tips can help you get over your awful day more quickly with less influence on your personal life. Every single day you make a choice.

Source: blog

Take a day at a time...

Also reflect on your loved ones you lost, and say to yourself, abeg life is too short

Thank me later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by freecocoa(f): 9:25am On Mar 25, 2016
Mehn! Some people should not be anyone's boss.

I know a whole lot of people complain about their boss but mehn! Mine is something else.

That woman leaves me speechless with her actions/words.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by Chidizman(m): 9:29am On Mar 25, 2016
undecided
Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by professore(m): 12:50pm On Mar 25, 2016
It's okay
Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by adedam007(m): 1:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 25, 2016
Hmmmm

Music does it for me
Re: How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? by slimcious(m): 1:31pm On Mar 27, 2016
Take 2bottles of beer, then go and sleep

(1) (Reply)

Is Fashion Designing Advisable To Learn For A Male Undergraduate / Jinadu Emerges Alimosho Staff Of The Month / RSSDA Staff Protest 17 Months Non Payment Of Salary By Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.