Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,251 members, 7,780,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:48 PM

Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote (27046 Views)

Fatima Dangote To Wed Jamil Abubakar (Photo) / 6 Steps To Become Very Successful In Affiliate Marketing / Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by catchfun: 11:08am On Mar 24, 2016
[img]http://s3.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20160317&t=2&i=1125595841&w=644&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&sq=&r=LYNXNPEC2G0ZJ[/img]

Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote, has stated that the challenge of electricity was adversely affecting the growth of the continent’s economy.

Speaking at the Africa CEO forum in Abidjan, the President of Dangote group also disclosed what has made his conglomerate successful.

“Where I come from, which is Kano in Nigeria, we have over 20 million people and we are sharing 35 megawatts only,” Dangote said.
“So when we started business as a group, we said that we would not go into the national grid. Every single country that we are operating in, we would create, generate our own power and that is why we have been very, very successful.”

In his remark, President of the African Development Bank, Akinwumi Adesina, said Africa must seek ways to light up the continent.

“If you walk in the dark, you’ll stumble and you will fall. But if you walk in the light, you will constantly see thing ahead of you,” he said.
“The problem is, in Africa, you have today 645 million people without electricity. You have the GDP in which the cost of not having electricity is about four to five percent shaved off.

“We cannot be competitive when it comes to value adding. We cannot industrialise because we have no electricity. The kids cannot go to school because we have no electricity.

“Vaccines can’t be in hospitals because we have no electricity, and business are operating at very high cost, using diesel. In other words, what is the emergency power supply system has become the normal power supply system – no way!

“And as Africa Development Bank, I know that the very blood of Africa’s transmission and life is what we do.”
Nigeria’s electricity generation currently fluctuates around 4,000MW, a meagre capacity for a country of over 170million.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/03/24/why-my-company-has-been-very-successful-dangote/

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by thesicilian: 11:22am On Mar 24, 2016
Good business acumen + paddy paddy things with government

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by hakeem4(m): 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2016
I just like this guy .

I remember the time I was richer than dangote, when I was tired I woke up from my dream

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by folks4luv(f): 2:00pm On Mar 24, 2016
“So when we started business as a group, we said that we would not go into the national grid. Every single country that we are operating in, we would create, generate our own power and that is why we have been very, very successful.”

that's d part that caught my attention. was thinking about Dangote some days ago n was wondering y he is kinda getting richer despite d economy challenges in Nigeria, I came to a conclusion, d man spent years building structures, constructing a strong business foundation, now his empire is so strong that even d wind of economy doom will find it almost impossible to bring it down.

wanna get rich? stop dreaming about stumbling into wealth, it won't last. those lil sacrifices n steps of courage of today may b all u need.

we will all get there #teamrichests

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by ademoladeji(m): 2:00pm On Mar 24, 2016
[size=18pt]Light up 9ja![/size]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by JoaHynppes(m): 2:01pm On Mar 24, 2016
[size=14pt]i saw a fat b*tch somewhere!! [/size]

1 Like

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by intercom: 2:01pm On Mar 24, 2016
Oga Dangote, you have forgotten all the governement support abi? It is now you know you want to talk.

We Nigerians made you successful

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 24, 2016
Note that he said ...we generate our own power....that is why he has been sucessful

Food for thought...and not just for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by Aromas: 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2016
Mr President please fulfill your promise on electricity. Kudos to Dangote

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by amarachi06(f): 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2016
The shit is killing me cos l started a restaurant and storing of food items is not viable with the state of our Nation. l lost 10,000 worth of food items over the weekend and l just started this month. Please somebody should change this system for us. #grownepatogrownaira.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by calaohuru(m): 2:03pm On Mar 24, 2016
He said it all. Independent power generation is the way forward.
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by TippyTop(m): 2:03pm On Mar 24, 2016
Monopoly ring a bell?

3 Likes

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by goshen26: 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2016
k
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by Sasuwa(f): 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2016
Pls dangote should replace some professors in our tertiary institute , cos he know real time economics

3 Likes

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by UlqU3(m): 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2016
Yes, constant power will boost production.

However, monopoly, import waivers, no tax payments and ruthless government-aided destruction of competitors + the weekly dangote-truck-victim sacrifices (without so much as a police investigation) is the reason you are "successful"

And oh yes, there's the little matter of being pledged $10bil (out of $26bil) by the same cbn that won't release dollars to the rest of the 180million+ citizens.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by Mushood: 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2016
wink
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by DrTeeee(m): 2:05pm On Mar 24, 2016
undecided Hmmmm
Oga ade confess! No dey bobo us...
As much as I respect ur business acumen sir, ur success is more of the right connections, good family background and a good business sense.
Although we get the point u are trying to make sir.... (Which is: u wunt av succeeded to this extent if u relied on Nigerian electricity) but kindly change the statement, its misleading and may be seen as boastful. tongue tongue

8 Likes

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by gafoo4u: 2:05pm On Mar 24, 2016
bring back our money on import duty waiver during GEJ regime. No more paddy paddy govt.

4 Likes

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by callJesu: 2:06pm On Mar 24, 2016
Well done Mr dangote
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by lilprinze: 2:06pm On Mar 24, 2016
g
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by shamecurls(m): 2:06pm On Mar 24, 2016
TippyTop:
Monopoly ring a bell?

Define monopoly?
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by SmartMugu: 2:07pm On Mar 24, 2016
Fashola will be held accountable if electricity doesn't improve. What can anyone else in the rest of the world do without electricity?

1 Like

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by JideTheBlogger(m): 2:08pm On Mar 24, 2016
interesting**
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by kvngveektour(m): 2:08pm On Mar 24, 2016
dear dangote,I have nothing to tell you than to quote Abraham Lincoln,"you can fool some people for sometime and you can fool all the people some of the time but you can never fool all of the people all the time.

Y'all are trynna monopolize the economy and kill the dreams of young and upcoming businessmen and you are there claiming "creating your power."

#KONTINUE

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by apholaby007(m): 2:09pm On Mar 24, 2016
oga dangote ur truck no dey eva comot 4 accident histry sagamu to benin

7 Likes

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by Soreza(m): 2:09pm On Mar 24, 2016
HE SHOULD TELL BUHARI THAT.

1 Like

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by TippyTop(m): 2:11pm On Mar 24, 2016
shamecurls:

Define monopoly?
Define Dangote and there goes the definition of monopoly.

Different word, same meaning.

12 Likes

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by shamecurls(m): 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2016
TippyTop:

Define Dangote and their goes the definition of monopoly.

Different word, same meaning.

monopoly
/məˈnɒp(ə)li/

noun: monopoly; plural noun: monopolies; noun: Monopoly

the exclusive possession or control of the supply of or trade in a commodity or service.
Example- "the state's monopoly of radio and television broadcasting"

So tell me what sole commodity Dangote controls?

1 Like

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by apholaby007(m): 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2016
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by kvngveektour(m): 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2016
I concur
UlqU3:
Yes, constant power will boost production.

However, monopoly and ruthless government-aided destruction of competitors + the weekly dangote-truck-victim sacrifices (without so much as a police investigation) is the reason you are "successful"

And oh yes, there's the little matter of being pledged $10bil (out of $26bil) by the same cbn that won't release dollars to the rest of the 180million+ citizens.

1 Like

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by apholaby007(m): 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2016
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by SPG4U(m): 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2016
ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ghanaian Traders Lock Shops Belonging To Nigerians & Other Foreigners / How Profitable To Import Used Laptop And Phone In Bulk? / Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.