Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,426 members, 7,800,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil (21120 Views)

Zambian Man To Sue His Teachers For Subjecting Him To 'Useless' Education. Pics / Mum Invades School With Thugs In Abeokuta, Beats Up Teachers For Caning Child / Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Jacko01: 12:59pm On Mar 29, 2016
Wicked yoruba ppl
Floggin her cos she omo ibo
Ntorr

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by suwalee(f): 12:59pm On Mar 29, 2016
Brigadier7:
We thank God the truth is finally out!! I for one I think removing the principal and teachers was rather a Rash move! There are other professional and sensible ways of addressing issues like this!!Well, am not surprise People don't respect Teachers in this part of the world so anything can happen!! #GodBless All The Teachers! And All the Best Ogechi in your future endeavors!!
My dear that's the best o. Cos if the principal and others still remain in the school they'd make oge's life unbearable. Trust me

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 29, 2016
Can't believe the same people who shamelessly swam the other trade to defend the barbaric actions of the teachers also found their way to this thread to blab about how "removal" of the teachers is a harsh punishment. Brutalizing a 14yr old is good and commendable because she's stubborn, sanctioning the adults involved is harsh. what a country to live in. Is transferring them to other schools which is what I understand by removal even enough punishment??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by SycophanticGoat: 1:07pm On Mar 29, 2016
OmoIgala:

Why omo Ibo no come school for her red-mud region?
Stop seeing everything through tribalistic lines, you bigot,... the authorities that sacked the school management are also Yoruba.

The bolded portrays you as also a big bigot head just like the bigot you quoted..

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 29, 2016
saintfizzo:
wink Naija is gradually getting civilized.... we are all happy @ dis outcome sir... why bring tribe into this again? undecided

inasmuch as I hate to agree, what else could have been the motive for such gang flogging? Even to the extent of telling her to remove her knicker and lashing her on bare buttocks? Inhumane no??
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by suwalee(f): 1:08pm On Mar 29, 2016
olutosfem:
I'm very happy about that move. Used to remember a man called sensai who was hired by the school just to beat the hell outta us back then. Good for them tongue
sensei jeeeez eva girls worse nightmare
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by OmoIgala: 1:09pm On Mar 29, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

The bolded portrays you as also a big bigot head just like the bigot you quoted..

Nope.
I only responded to him in the language he understands best.
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by afroxyz: 1:11pm On Mar 29, 2016
OmoIgala:
Isn't Eva Adelaja a private Institution?
The best punishment would have been subjecting the school to a heavy fine and mandating new Statewide rules for places of learning, not removing privately employed people from their sources of livelihood. Because till I speak, there still isn't any law in place against the abuse of school aged children.

On a secondary note, I wonder if such swift r would have been taken if the affected was a 17 year old boy/male student

Exactly. This girl-child thing is overrated. Boys suffer the same type of abuse
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by loomer: 1:12pm On Mar 29, 2016
Kgdavid:

I am very surprised at your judgement. In other places this principal of a woman would be facing very serious charges in a court of law! Aside from the cruel treatment meted out to the little child (imagine calling male teachers to slap and flog a little girl), which many people would not do to a goat or a dog, she went ahead to peddle her influence in order to pervert the course of justice and actively intimidated the police, and further misrepresented the facts to the public. Are these not very serious matters? Is such a person worthy of the charge to shape the moral character of the nation's future?

In fact, i feel sorry for the woman herself, as it is clear her own education failed to instill in her the values she needs for life and i would like for her to become a better person so i would recommend that she be remanded in a correctional facility for a period of 6-24 months so that she might learn that violence does not solve all problems and being stronger does not make you right.

The thing suprise me, I been think say dem wan charge her to court and subsequently sentence her to at least community service.
Anyway, we go get there someday
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by suwalee(f): 1:13pm On Mar 29, 2016
omololu2020:
that was back then in the early 2000.am not sure he is still working in the school
He stopped working in the school around 2010 sha
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by SycophanticGoat: 1:15pm On Mar 29, 2016
Brigadier7:
We thank God the truth is finally out!! I for one I think removing the principal and teachers was rather a Rash move! There are other professional and sensible ways of addressing issues like this!!Well, am not surprise People don't respect Teachers in this part of the world so anything can happen!! #GodBless All The Teachers! And All the Best Ogechi in your future endeavors!!

You again!!? I noticed I tackled your biased post on the other thread.. angry angry angry

Does respecting teachers mean that they should be allowed to kill their students because of one stewpid and pompous head arse girl? If a stewpid teacher should as much as try this shyt in developed countries, they will not only be removed but also tried and jailed, so stop whining for those molesting bullies masquerading as teachers..

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by pheesayor(m): 1:24pm On Mar 29, 2016
It is a Lagos state model school
OmoIgala:
The best punishment would have been subjecting the school to a heavy fine and mandating new Statewide rules for places of learning, not removing privately employed people from their sources of livelihood. Because till I speak, there still isn't any law in place against the abuse of school aged children.

On a secondary note, I wonder if such swift actions would have been taken if the affected was a 17 year old boy/male student
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by MrEverest(m): 1:26pm On Mar 29, 2016
OmoIgala:

Nope.
I only responded to him in the language he understands best.
Stop trying to justify bullsh!t, you are a worse bigot than the person you earlier qouted, as if its not bad enough, you keep pretending about it! Good judgement on that evil & sadistic principal & her partners in crime, they are not fit to work in a school environment.

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by chrispratt: 1:27pm On Mar 29, 2016
Brigadier7:

You call that rash?

In a more civilized society those teachers and the principal would have been arrested. And should the victim's parents decide to press charges, they could possibly end up in prison

There are other ways to instill discipline in children especially other peoples kids without disfiguring them

Those adults cannot withstand the pain they inflict on children all in the name of authority.

No disrespect to teachers but there are more creative and constructive ways of correcting children, especially if you were not responsible for bringing those children into the world.

There was a teacher in my boarding school who was a hot head. Everyone feared her. One day she flogged someone and the stick of the cane broke off and entered the girls eye. Till this day the girl (now woman) is blind. The teacher was not sacked or arrested but she became cold like ice fish, so quiet and approachable.

My point is that teachers should do their job and teach, discipline without being violent and you will get your respect.
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by OmoIgala: 1:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
MrEverest:
Stop trying to justify bullsh!t, you are a worse bigot than the person you earlier qouted, as if its not bad enough, you keep pretending about it! Good judgement on that evil & sadistic principal & her partners in crime, they are not fit to work in a school environment.

read my very first post on page 0 if I mentioned anything about tribes, until your brother came running along mentioning tribes.
I dare call you a tribalistic hypocrite yourself.
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
Why would the headgirl slap another student?

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 29, 2016
[quote author=OmoIgala post=44215194]Isn't Eva Adelaja a private Institution?

On a secondary note, I wonder if such swift actions would have been taken if the affected was a 17 year old boy/male student [/quote

DId the law on assault grant an exception to teachers? They should have been sent to prison undecided
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by OmoIgala: 1:34pm On Mar 29, 2016
daretodiffer:
DId the law on assault grant an exception to teachers? They should have been sent to prison

That means 80% of nigerian teachers will end up in Jail.
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by ybalogs(m): 1:35pm On Mar 29, 2016
Just removed? They should be demoted of possible especially the principal.
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by MrEverest(m): 1:37pm On Mar 29, 2016
OmoIgala:

read my very first post on page 0 if I mentioned anything about tribes, until your brother came running along mentioning tribes.
I dare call you a tribalistic hypocrite yourself.
"He who comes to equity must come with clean hands" If only you condemned or corrected him without making a derogatory/racist sentence then you would have made sense rather you did exactly the same thing you condemned him for!! What does that make you??

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by joseph1832(m): 1:40pm On Mar 29, 2016
daguru:

Our government investigated thoroughly, the truth was revealed and appropriate actions were taken.

Please note that Ogechi is presently a drummer for the school and was Social Prefect for the same school in her JSS3 days. She is a stellar student and recently represented the school in a literary and debating competition in the district. She won the competition for the school

It's unfortunate that the school authorities presented her to be a bad girl from a bad home on social media in order to justify their wrongdoing. She is from a very good home where she was taught to be respectful to elders and authorities and also to stand up for her rights and resist any form of oppression.

It was not difficult for government to find out the truth. Her school records were opened and it was glaring she was an A-Grade student with no prior disciplinary records. Pupils of the school were interviewed at random which uncovered the lies being bandied around by the principal and Brigadier7
If this was so, why did she disobey the head girl when asked to carry desk? Surely the "I am sick" excuse is a big fat lie. Don't you think so?
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:41pm On Mar 29, 2016
daguru:

Our government investigated thoroughly, the truth was revealed and appropriate actions were taken.

Please note that Ogechi is presently a drummer for the school and was Social Prefect for the same school in her JSS3 days. She is a stellar student and recently represented the school in a literary and debating competition in the district. She won the competition for the school

It's unfortunate that the school authorities presented her to be a bad girl from a bad home on social media in order to justify their wrongdoing. She is from a very good home where she was taught to be respectful to elders and authorities and also to stand up for her rights and resist any form of oppression.

It was not difficult for government to find out the truth. Her school records were opened and it was glaring she was an A-Grade student with no prior disciplinary records. Pupils of the school were interviewed at random which uncovered the lies being bandied around by the principal and Brigadier7
Are you a student of that school or a boyfriend. Meanwhile it was the ogechi's parent that reported the story and presented it in public on social media and not the school as you reported
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by joseph1832(m): 1:43pm On Mar 29, 2016
OmoIgala:

On a secondary note, I wonder if such swift actions would have been taken if the affected was a 17 year old boy/male student
Oh the school is a private school? Some made us believe it is a public school. Anyway, justice is served!.
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 29, 2016
OmoIgala:

That means 80% of nigerian teachers will end up in Jail.

Not really. This case is extreme, I am thinking GBH, I don't think most teachers do that to their students.
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 29, 2016
scholes0:

BUt this particular omo ibo hates Yoruba people to a fault .... So why is he/she going to the homes of the very same people they hate?

To make money off their silly a*ses and outshine them right in their homes!
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 29, 2016
OmoIgala:

I think there's ever since.
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by bioye(m): 1:46pm On Mar 29, 2016
Once again, I give it to the Lagos State Government. Under AMBODE, I see what I wish we could see at the Federal Level.

Meanwhile, it is so HEARTBREAKING that over the years, most of us have allowed ourselves to be treated like lesser beings and animals. We believe that the police and the military have the right to abuse and kill civilians at will (Imagine so many Nigerians justifying the killing of hundreds of civilians in Zaria by the military because a military chief was denied passage). In fact, many of us engage in abusive acts against others on a regular basis because INPUNITY has become the order of the day. Our Governments must realise that by focusing on Enforcement of the Rule of Law and Strengthening of Institutions, the majority of problems facing us in this country would become past tense.

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 29, 2016
saintmark88:
Very Good, the principal, vice n all other teachers should be sacked, u want to flog Child, must u now strip d child up-to removing her pants to flog her on her bare buttock, thts barbaric, those pple shouldn't be teachers, they should be on d streets Co's they r hooligans....... I am very happy with this news, thank God for social media if not vices like this would just b swept under d carpet Co's u can't cry out
Yet some persons are supporting the ban
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by joseph1832(m): 1:51pm On Mar 29, 2016
Wallade:
Corporal punishment has been in practice here in Nigeria for quite sometime, I don't think Ogechi is the only student, even in that school, that has been subjected to such punishment.

However, corporal punishment can be excessive sometimes and that should be checked and discouraged. I believe the beating of Ogechi was cruelly done and extreme. The teachers didn't have to flog her directly on her backside, that can be interpreted as an attempt to inflict injuries on the victim in the name of punishment.

Given the situation at hand, I think the government shouldn't have removed the principal, vice principal and four other teachers all at once. This will affect the students and also the morals of the teachers and management of the school.
Some teachers may even find it difficult to correct the students especially when corporal punishment is necessary.
Replacing those teachers may be a major challenge too.

The government has not addressed the matter properly. I think there were better measures to reprimand the teachers and principals.
The teachers weren't sacked, the were removed, they will probably be posted to other schools.
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Jaydotcom(m): 1:51pm On Mar 29, 2016
Nonsense! When asked to investigate the corrupt politicians who has stolen billions, it takes decades and eternity to come out with results if any.
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 29, 2016
joseph1832:
If this was so, why did she disobey the head girl when asked to carry desk? Surely the "I am sick" excuse is a big fat lie. Don't you think so?

You like thinking upside down undecided

her refusal to carry out a simple request do not give a right to the head-girl to[b] touch her as in touch her[/b]
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by naphcoco(m): 2:11pm On Mar 29, 2016
When the righteous rule, the people rejoice. Investigation and verdict reached within a forthnight, its a positive sign for better days ahead. This is not about making unrealistic and unachieveable promises. This is called JUSTICE. God bless Gov. Ambode. As a PDP supporter, I never liked Ambode when he emerged the winner of the election in April 2015. However, the way he has so far, responded to Mile12 Hausa/Yoruba conflict, kidnap of 3 seminary students and this abuse and molestation of EVA ADELAJA are all positive signs. Good job!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating / UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) / 500-L LASU Student Stabbed To Death, Police Use Teargas On Protesting Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.