Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Shadows....... - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shadows....... (70957 Views)

Shadows Of Death (the Girl-god) / Shadows Of The Green Part Two / Chasing Shadows. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shadows....... by tizblink: 11:57am On Jul 07, 2016
AustinBlinks:
Hey friends... I meant to update but I've been busy all day.....BTW....it's ma b'day today (July 6) and ur views and comments has been ma b'day presents, Thanks y'all! loves

Austinblinks!

Bruv! Haven't been here to read for some time. Just say the birthday post.

Happy Birthday bruv

#MoreGrace

*Back to the matter*
Abeg no kill dem again.

I like the ones remaining cheesy

I sha think you should improve on the writing.... Too many clusters.

All the same it's a good one
Re: Shadows....... by Omotayelolu(f): 4:02pm On Jul 07, 2016
Happy birthday. WULLNP
Re: Shadows....... by ChizzyMaris(f): 4:28pm On Jul 07, 2016
AustinBlinks this one is hot. Keep it coming!
Re: Shadows....... by AustinBlinks(m): 11:07pm On Jul 07, 2016
2:47am
Hunter: Come out! No problem at all.
And like primary school pupils, matching from assembly in a straight line, they filed out one after the other. Still, none of them spoke, they just stared at the hunter who was about 6 feet plus tall and quite lanky.
With a surprised expression, the hunter asked
Hunter: What happen? All of you are plenty plenty before.
Lanre: (cleared his throat) Pardon us sir! We don’t know who you are and how did you know there were more of us?
Moji: (cuts in) Are you the shadow?
Hunter: Shadow? I don’t know shadow!
Mary: (pulls Moji out of her way) pls ignore her. Have you by any chance seen the rest of our coursemates? We got lost in the bush and can’t seem to find anyone anywhere.
Hunter: No i have not seen nobody. You have to come follow me, it is not good, going about in this bush this night.
Lanre: What do you mean?
Hunter: I know you no lost.. you all running from something because you think he kill you.
They all stepped back in fear. .
Hunter: But you no worry. Long long time, i have hunt in this bush and i am alive till now. Come with me, i will show you the way out.
Once again they all faced Lanre, as if to wait for him to make a decision.
Lanre: I don’t know guys? What should we do?
Uche: I think we should go with him
Emma: What if he’s leading us to our deaths.
Moji: Good point.
Temmy: But he said he is not going to hurt us.
Emma: So we should just believe whatever he says?
Daniel: I have a bad feeling about this but do we have any other choice?
They all went mute at the realization that there isn’t much of a choice for them.
Lanre: Ok sir! But where are you taking us to ?
Hunter: I take you to place i sleep in the bush or i show you way out of here.
Emma: Do you sleep in the Cabin?
Hunter: Cabin? No no Cabin. No cabin in this bush.
Lanre: No…. We entered a cabin when the rain was falling
Hunter: What rain? No rain at all! No rain no fall here in months.
It was then they looked all around them , to see the ground was so dry like it hadn’t rain in months for real . They looked at one another in disbelief, beginning to doubt their own sanity.
Lanre: Are you telling us no rain has not fallen tonight and there is no cabin around here at all
Hunter: No No! No rain tonight, no cabin here!
Emma: Guys, what the hell is happening to us?
Daniel: I told you all we are just high and seeing things not real.
Moji: If we all are just high, then where is everybody else ? Didn’t we just saw one of us dragged into a cabin that apparently doesn’t exist?
Uche: We can’t be high and be seeing and experiencing the same things. That’s not possible.
Hunter: Hurry! Too much time going, let’s go now. I help take you out of this bush.
They followed him as he led the way, his strides and pace were wide and fast so they practically had to be on their hills to keep up with him.
Lanre walked up to him…
Lanre: Sir, Can you explain what is really going on? Why are our classmates dying?
The hunter stopped abruptly, looked at them all, the shock in his eyes got them worried.
Hunter: Dying? No no…… No dying.
Lanre: Yes.
Hunter: No! “Oregun” no kill anybody!
Emma: What are you saying? You just told us, you know something is trying to kill us.
Hunter: Yes but “Oregun” no kill anybody. “Oregun” never kill anybody.
Uche: What the hell us “Oregun” ?
Hunter: “Oregun” is our tree protector in the village.. People come with big trucks every time to come and chop down trees in our bush. We in the village no like that so we prayed to “Oregun” to protect our trees. He just scare the people away, they run out of bush but he no kill.
Emma: Well Mister, Your “Oregun” has started killing now
Hunter: “Oregun” scare people, they think he kill them but he don’t kill. If you say something is killing you…..that is not “Oregun” i have to go, you go your way, i want no trouble.
The hunter’s face lit up in fear, they had no doubt in their mind he was genuinely scared of whatever has been hunting them all night too . He began walking away as fast as he could.
Lanre: Sir! Please wait! You said you’d show us the way out of here.
Hunter: No , can’t do that. You go that way and that way but i no help you.
Temmy: (crying) please sir, help us!
Hunter: I no want trouble
Emma: Please just take us half the way out of here and you can go back.. You know your way around this bush, only you can help us.
The hunter looked down and sighed like he was having a deep thought. He wanted to say no to this cursed people, he didn’t want to have anything to do with them.
The urge of setting off and running away so fast crossed his mind but finally he shook his head and spoke.
Hunter: Okay i will take you
He led the way again as they all chorused their “Thank You” in unison.
But right at that moment he began walking, he started coughing. They murmured their Sorries to him but became alerted when the coughing didn’t stop.
They watched on, as he dropped on his knees, clutching and his palm placed on his chest.
Lanre and Uche ran to him .
Lanre: Water… . Water! Does anyone has water?
But no one had water so they kept watching in horror as his coughing got louder and blood was seen coming out of his mouth.
It seemed like their horror would never end until Suddenly, he fell on his face, it was quiet now. Every single one of them stood their positions except Lanre and Uche who had run to the hunter earlier on to try and help.
They looked dumbfounded as Uche got closer to the body on the ground and felt the hunter’s pulse.
He stood upright, with his hands folded across his chest as the others looked on at him to confirm their worst fears.
Uche: Guys….. He’s dead
Emma: (Sighed) (giggles) It’s official,…..
. we all are totally f@#ked!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shadows....... by evaZee: 11:52pm On Jul 07, 2016
For crying out loud am not liking this

1 Like

Re: Shadows....... by Nostradamus: 1:38am On Jul 08, 2016
bad poo happening to this people,**austinblinks,it's official you are supremely creative,keep it up bros,you are going places**

1 Like

Re: Shadows....... by Kennitrust(m): 7:25am On Jul 08, 2016
[quote author=AustinBlinks post=44068514]Shadows…….coming soon
Story by Austinblinks..
Are you afraid of the dark? Do you believe in spirits? Higher powers that walk amongs us everyday, do you think they really exist? …… I know you don’t!
Like you, i never thought they existed. I’ve seen the movies, read they papers, paranormal activities going on around us but i never cared, never listened……at least until now…..
Now! Means this moment! Here in this room behind closed doors. I’ve locked the door and wedged a chair against it, the windows are locked too….. But It’s of no use, he’ll come in anyways…. I’ve seen what he can do and he’s done it alot of times.
He killed them, he killed them all, leaving me to witness it all like he promised. He told me that I’ll be the last…….. You probably know him too, heard of him, see his work and he has most likely killed someone you used to know. Remember when you were alone in the house and you heard movements, the hairs on your skin rose as you felt the cold wind on your face….you’ve heard the whispers and his warm breath behind your ear but when you turned around , there was no one there….no one you can see anyways…
Shhhh….. i think he’s here….right outside the door, i see his shadows, the cold winds are blowing now , the door knob is rattling, the flower vase just fell, shattering in a loud bang…… someone please help…..someone….. anyone! Please….. and then the silence……………… .
I think he is gone, i hope he has…… I’m just 22, i don’t want to die yet……
OH God! He’s back…… the door wasn’t opened….he walked right through it! Oh Lord! We shouldn’t have let him in the first time, we brought this on ourselves. I and the others, i warned them but didn’t listen and now they are all gone… dead or missing. He’s here!!! Moving towards me! Please help me!….. His hands are stretched! If you’re reading this…… take my advice, don’t let him in! I Beg you! Look around you, he might be in already, learn from me,.but if he’s in already then i’m afraid it’s too late. Oh God! His getting closer, Please help me. Please heeedvsbssjsggggggggggggggggggkv
#anticipate!
#Coming soon
Picture credit: http://www.rebloggy.com
Story by Austinblinks
No part of this story may be published without the prior knowledge of the author.
contact me

...contact u for what?

1 Like

Re: Shadows....... by spokesman3k(m): 7:41am On Jul 08, 2016
Niece start ride on pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shadows....... by Amaga(m): 8:12am On Jul 08, 2016
AustinBlinks:
Shadows…….coming soon
Story by Austinblinks..
Are you afraid of the dark? Do you believe in spirits? Higher powers that walk amongs us everyday, do you think they really exist? …… I know you don’t!
Like you, i never thought they existed. I’ve seen the movies, read they papers, paranormal activities going on around us but i never cared, never listened……at least until now…..
Now! Means this moment! Here in this room behind closed doors. I’ve locked the door and wedged a chair against it, the windows are locked too….. But It’s of no use, he’ll come in anyways…. I’ve seen what he can do and he’s done it alot of times.
He killed them, he killed them all, leaving me to witness it all like he promised. He told me that I’ll be the last…….. You probably know him too, heard of him, see his work and he has most likely killed someone you used to know. Remember when you were alone in the house and you heard movements, the hairs on your skin rose as you felt the cold wind on your face….you’ve heard the whispers and his warm breath behind your ear but when you turned around , there was no one there….no one you can see anyways…
Shhhh….. i think he’s here….right outside the door, i see his shadows, the cold winds are blowing now , the door knob is rattling, the flower vase just fell, shattering in a loud bang…… someone please help…..someone….. anyone! Please….. and then the silence……………… .
I think he is gone, i hope he has…… I’m just 22, i don’t want to die yet……
OH God! He’s back…… the door wasn’t opened….he walked right through it! Oh Lord! We shouldn’t have let him in the first time, we brought this on ourselves. I and the others, i warned them but didn’t listen and now they are all gone… dead or missing. He’s here!!! Moving towards me! Please help me!….. His hands are stretched! If you’re reading this…… take my advice, don’t let him in! I Beg you! Look around you, he might be in already, learn from me,.but if he’s in already then i’m afraid it’s too late. Oh God! His getting closer, Please help me. Please heeedvsbssjsggggggggggggggggggkv
#anticipate!
#Coming soon
Picture credit: http://www.rebloggy.com
Story by Austinblinks
No part of this story may be published without the prior knowledge of the author.
contact me on
Email: austinblinks2000@gmail.com
IG: @austinblinks_tomilayo
Twt: @Austinblinks

Meet other writers and share your stories on Writer's Space - www.writersspace.net/forum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shadows....... by AustinBlinks(m): 8:30am On Jul 08, 2016
evaZee:
For crying out loud am not liking this

Awww.... why? please explain....
Re: Shadows....... by Silensa(m): 10:58am On Jul 08, 2016
Uche: he is dead Emma: guys it's official, we are totally f**ked

this got me sighing
Re: Shadows....... by WondaxRecords(m): 11:04am On Jul 08, 2016
Autoblinks.... I catch your.... Wadup bro please update nah... Am loving the horror
Re: Shadows....... by hefelove(m): 11:37am On Jul 08, 2016
Horror film plus comedy LMAO Emma is really making me to enjoy this story.
It's official we are totally bleeped
Holy Spirit that impregnated mary
LMAO Emma na weyre
Ride on OP
Re: Shadows....... by oceanp(f): 11:40am On Jul 08, 2016
woow. this story is breath taking . am kinda shaking myself . all d best Austin
Re: Shadows....... by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 08, 2016
Hmmm, scary sha. but u are left wt the tingling feel u had see the episodes somewhere
Re: Shadows....... by nikz(f): 12:50pm On Jul 08, 2016
This is really scary! Nyce story though
Re: Shadows....... by mattyboy007(m): 12:52pm On Jul 08, 2016
Buying land here..
Re: Shadows....... by Basantio: 1:29pm On Jul 08, 2016
This story is the bomb. Nice one brov. Following u bumper to bumper. Please try and make new uploads. Kudos
Re: Shadows....... by Ultimategeneral: 2:41pm On Jul 08, 2016
hmmmmm horro story
Re: Shadows....... by Dugozpweeti(f): 4:23pm On Jul 08, 2016
Nice write up @Austinblinks... I'm enjoying the suspense and thrill. Big up

1 Like

Re: Shadows....... by Mindfrick(m): 4:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
Have Succeded In Reading Frm Season 1 N Jst Two Hrs....A Nice Write Up....Its One Of D Best... Hw I Wish Hawlahscho Z Viewing Dz.
Re: Shadows....... by LivinaPatrick(f): 8:17am On Jul 10, 2016
Well done o
Re: Shadows....... by SPDAZZY(f): 12:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
Wow, now I am officially scared.
Re: Shadows....... by andreawills96(f): 1:01pm On Jul 11, 2016
AustinBlinks:
Shadows (episode Six)
This is me. I’m here. I’m shifting the words that you’re reading, altering them from whatever this person wrote.
I’ve been here for awhile. For as long as you can remember, anyway.
Sometimes I say your name as you’re falling asleep, or whisper urgently in your ear. Do you remember the time that I screamed, throwing panic through you and setting your heart racing?
That was fun.
You’re wondering who I am. That’s only natural. Of course, you already know.
I’m you. I’m the real you. I’m the mind that existed here before you stole my body, before you forgot about being a parasite.
I’m the child who looked the wrong way, asked the wrong question, saw the wrong thing… but I’m not so little any more.
You may have forgotten me, but I’m still here. I’ve always been here.
I’m going to get out.
Love From
Shadow
Lanre: Everybody wait! Wait a minute… Something is not right!
Classrep: Lanre! What is it again? Everyone is scared already, you don’t need to freak us out the more.
Emma: You said we all need to leave this place and then you’re saying we should wait now that the bus is here!
Temmy: Just shut up! Lanre what is it?
Lanre: I don’t know. Something is not right, i can feel it! …… Kamoru! Please step out of the bus…..
There was silence, the ones closer to the bus began to take a few steps back. Lanre called again.
Lanre: Kamoru, if that’s you, please step out of the bus!
Still no response, now they are panicking, not knowing whether to run or stay. The bus was their only way out of the camp, they are too far out into the bush to start walking.
But there they were, beside the bus, not sure who drove it and no one wants to find out.
Uche: Guys! I say we move closer to the bus and check who drove it
Halimat: Is like this Ibo boy has a death wish or something….Move closer now, were boy!
Daniel: We can’t just stand out here! What if Kamoru didn’t respond because the bastard is asleep
Timothy: Good point Daniel! Very good point. Why don’t you go in there and wake him up then…
Mary: Lanre! What do we do?
Lanre: emmm… who has a torch? We should see him from here.
Lanre was handed a torch, the class rep, Emma and Uche began to move closer to the bus. Moving real slow and quiet… the rest stood very closely together, clutching their hands and bitting their lips in fear. Lanre pointed the torch towards the driver seat and there was Kamoru, with his head on the steering, his position suggesting he was fast asleep.
Emma: Hehehehehe…. You see! The guy just dey sleep ni jor.
Emma entered the bus. As the rest began to move forward, he called out again.
Emma: (Shivering) O lord God that commanded the holy spirit to impregnate Mary!!
Lanre: What!
Emma: Blood guys! Blood! There’s blood everywhere.
Emma stood at the entrance, everyone too shocked to move, looking at him as he was trying to explain what he had seen. Their lamps and torchlights directed towards him, waiting for him to talk.
As he opened his mouth to speak, the hand grabbed him on the shoulder, they all saw it. Emma knowing only the corpse of Kamoru was with him in the bus let out a loud scream….
Everyone screamed too. They all spreaded out, running in different directions, most of them screaming as they ran deeper into the bush.
Lanre held Mary’s hand as they ran. There were both tired now, breathing heavily. They stopped and looked back, no sign of anyone.
Lanre: O God! He has gotten what he wanted! Dammit! He wanted us to spread out so he can attack us one after the other. (Looks at Mary) Are you okay Mary?
Mary: I’m sorry Lanre! I brought this on us, i should have listened to you, we shouldn’t have come. I’m so sorry.
Lanre: Mary! Look at me! You didn’t this was going to happen okay! Right now, Let’s focus on finding everyone else.
Mary: Lanre! Please don’t leave me!
Lanre: I will never leave you okay? I promise! We are both getting out of here alive! Now hold me and Let’s find the rest.
Mary: Okay…..okay..
Helen, Halimat and some two boys.whose name were KC and Tobi, had ran together, far from the others
Helen: Hey hey…. boys wait! Does anyone of you dummies know where we are?
KC: I don’t know! Tobi, do you know where we are?
Tobi: No i don’t o
Halimat: Okay….so what’s the plan now?
Tobi: Wait…. why are you girls asking us what the plan is?
Helen: Haha…are you not Men? In fact i ran towards this direction because i saw you two are macho and would be able to protect us.
KC: Hahaha…. pritect you? Why should we protect you?
Helen: You are men and we are ladies.
Tobi: Abeg! You people have been shouting gender equality on social media for a while. So no one is protecting anyone. “What a man can do, a woman can do better” is that not what you people say?
Helen: Oh Gosh! Of all the boys we could end up with, we ended up with perverts.
They are froze when they heard movements a few feet away.
KC: Who is that??
Helen and Halimat held each boys as tightly as they could.
Tobi: Lady…. take your hands off my neck! The fact that I’m scared of some black guy killing me doesn’t mean you should strangle me to death.
They heard the movement again, getting closer to them, rustling the bush out of the way. It was louder now, very loud and closer. Before they could say a word, two images jumped out of the bush, right in front of them. They all screamed.
Uche, Daniel and Timothy took off together. They had no idea how far they had ran but they knew they are farther into the bush now. Each had a lamp on their hands, sweating and breathing heavily.
Uche: we should have stayed and fight!
Timothy: Oh really? So why did you run? From where i stood, i noticed no one ran as fast as you did.
Daniel: Don’t mind him, in fact, he was the first person to run.
Uche: I was searching for a weapon, a big wood or something
Timothy: And you still haven’t seen any? Running this far out into the bush
Uche: Na you sabi! All that running has disturbed my stomach. Let me clear my bowels.
Timothy: Ode! You mean say you wan poopoo
Daniel: Hahaha… the mumu kon dey Behind am…. abeg just take your poopoo go that side.
They laughed at him as he held his stomach and ran behind a tree.
He knew his friends would try to play pranks on him so he walked a little farther. He could still hear their laughter but he was sure he was far enough. He unbuckled his belt, pulled down his trouser and got down to business.
He felt so relieved, he must ate too much. His mind drifted to the issue at hand, somehow he had made everyone believe he is some “brave heart, fearless and courageous ” man but deep inside, he was probably more scared than the girls. He had never ran as fast as he did when he saw the black hand grabbed Emma.
His mind raced faster when he remembered he had been the one who kicked the guy out of the bus. Suddenly, staying alone wasn’t the best idea anymore. He knew he had to go back to his friends as fast as he could.
The wind started blowing, suspiciously colder than before, he wasn’t hearing his friend’s laughter anymore so he grabbed his lamp, flicked the switch but the light wouldn’t come on, he tried again, still no light.
He stood up, pull up his trouser slowly but precise. Some whistled behind him, he turned but saw no one. He heard the sound of someone walking but he saw no one, he looked around, he had no idea which direction he had come from. The sound was getting louder, like the person was getting closer. He began to move…. some grabbed his foot and fell, head first into his sh*ts. His face was covered in it, he tasted some in his mouth too.
He quickly got, totally disgusted, he coughed and spat on the floor. The smell choked him up. His eyes were shut as he tried to wipe it off his face, when he got them opened, he it, right in front of him, real close and totally dark. It was dark everywhere but the image was just darker than anything he’d ever seen.
He threw himself to the ground, falling on his back, the shadow stood, looking at him as he scampered off the ground and making a run for it. Uche was screaming now, calling on his friends but no one answered.

The shadow was behind him, he could feel it, he fell down and before he could get up. The shadow grabbed his both his feet and drag him back. Uche twisted and turned, kicking and dragging himself but his strenght was nothing compared to the image dragging him.
He stretched his hands and it reached an object, it was the lamp! He flicked it on and this time the lights came on. He reached it, pointing it towards the shadow.
The shadow let out a low howling and shrieked as the lights came up to him, it shielded his face from the lights using his hands. There were movements from the opposite end, Timothy and Daniel came out.

Uche: Oh God! It’s here! It’s here! The shadow is here!
Daniel: Uche! Relax! Where is it?
Uche: There!! (He points)
Timothy: (Sighs) There’s nothing here bro!
Uche looked up and the shadow was gone.
Uche: I swear it just attacked me! I swear to God, it almost killed me.
Timothy and Daniel looked around but they saw nothing but the bushes around.

Daniel: Well… you’re smelling shits. Let’s get you out of here, find the others and get you cleaned up.

Daniel and Timothy helped the bewildered Uche off his feet and they all moved……………. A few feet away, the shadow stood behind a tree, watching as they walked away…………It laughed!
. Keep it coming but am scared oh, where's my mummy.
Re: Shadows....... by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 11, 2016
Austinblinks come and update na
Re: Shadows....... by LivinaPatrick(f): 7:18pm On Jul 11, 2016
Pls,you re making this story boring,update na.
Or should i summarize the story in my brain and stop checking for updates all the time.
Re: Shadows....... by AustinBlinks(m): 11:32pm On Jul 11, 2016
Cykik:
Austinblinks come and update na

Please Cykik nd everyone... sorry for the daily, updating pretty soon, pardon me.
Re: Shadows....... by kkash: 11:50pm On Jul 11, 2016
AustinBlinks:

Please Cykik nd everyone... sorry for the daily, updating pretty soon, pardon me.
take ur tym, finish ur story nd paste it at once, tired of dis short short thing....
Re: Shadows....... by AustinBlinks(m): 12:08am On Jul 12, 2016
kkash:

take ur tym, finish ur story nd paste it at once, tired of dis short short thing....

Ok boss. I'll keep that in mind.Thanks bruh
Re: Shadows....... by veekid(m): 10:24am On Jul 13, 2016
I'm tired of refreshing this page everyday; please mention me when you're ready
Please!!!!!!!
Re: Shadows....... by LivinaPatrick(f): 10:30am On Jul 13, 2016
Same here
veekid:
I'm tired of refreshing this page everyday; please mention me when you're ready
Please!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Shadows....... by Osjaay(f): 1:30pm On Jul 13, 2016
jeez what a scary story

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

AZEME : A Campus Crime Story / Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua / Me, The Girls, And My Guys Dem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.