Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,243 members, 7,780,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:18 PM

Shadows....... - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shadows....... (70716 Views)

Shadows Of Death (the Girl-god) / Shadows Of The Green Part Two / Chasing Shadows. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shadows....... by Lorlaahlozz: 7:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
Guess d shadow possessed one of them already
Re: Shadows....... by SFTW: 11:36am On Jul 22, 2016
Therock5555:
Jesus .... dude, why?

okay, sorry I thought you were writing a prose at first until I noticed you writing again in a drama form, I don't mean to devalue your write up sir but I find it really foolish when you mix prose and drama form of writing together, it gives me head ache. Please can you stick to one form of writing please, it would never make you a good writer if you keep that up, I'm not a literature student but I assure you that this kind of write up would get thrown out in any competition be it prose or drama writing. I couldn't read pass page 0. Maybe I'll be back later and try again.

well-done nevertheless......
You are not a literature student so on what authority do you stand to give such correction? Now lemme get things clear to you! We are in an advanced world and not a sterotyped world anymore what sold years ago is mere crap today and what's selling today will be mere crap tomorrow!

The arts have so advanced that there is no longer a disparity between prose and drama, Sculpture and Ceramics, painting and textile, film and stage drama! Classicals and New age, Reggae and Hiphop. These things are now intertwined in a large web.

The world have almost been fully explored so we have to break laws to create new things!

Quote me anywhere, when you make something out of nothing it becomes a big deal!

#Peace!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shadows....... by Therock5555(m): 12:17pm On Jul 22, 2016
SFTW:

You are not a literature student so on what authority do you stand to give such correction? Now lemme get things clear to you! We are in an advanced world and not a sterotyped world anymore what sold years ago is mere crap today and what's selling today will be mere crap tomorrow!

The arts have so advanced that there is no longer a disparity between prose and drama, Sculpture and Ceramics, painting and textile, film and stage drama! Classicals and New age, Reggae and Hiphop. These things are now intertwined in a large web.

The world have almost been fully explored so we have to break laws to create new things!

Quote me anywhere, when you make something out of nothing it becomes a big deal!

#Peace!

So what are you insinuating? That I see something wrong and turn a blind eye to it, not everybody is an asslicker bro, because he's upcoming does not mean I shouldn't tell him what is right for him.

By the way, please point me out to a story written by a popular author with this format that made good sales. I might not be a literature student but I can swear that I've read more books and articles than you have ever attempted, so please don't tell me crap.

if you don't have enough facts to counter me, don't bother quoting me, I'm to busy to be replying rubbish posts.

Thanks...

2 Likes

Re: Shadows....... by Hawlahscho(m): 3:41pm On Jul 22, 2016
Wow wow wow!!!

This is great! I follow! cheesy

But wait wait wait, I have to warn AustinBlinks
Dont try to kill Emma o. Dont just think of it at all, you killed Halimat just like that. angry
Re: Shadows....... by Mindfrick(m): 6:15pm On Jul 22, 2016
Hawlahscho:
Wow wow wow!!!

This is great! I follow! cheesy

But wait wait wait, I have to warn AustinBlinks
Dont try to kill Emma o. Dont just think of it at all, you killed Halimat just like that. angry
Hw Fr Nigger. U De Feel D Tori?
Re: Shadows....... by andreawills96(f): 7:48pm On Jul 22, 2016
Please have not been able to read any new episode since they went into the cabin, abi uve not posted
Re: Shadows....... by muhamad158(m): 9:53pm On Jul 22, 2016
Yes...... This is it, It is this story oooo.... I ve been on nairaland since. 2013, I ve never seen anything this fascinating, this is raw talent, like I couldn't stop my self from laughing out loud even though I was scared for the acts... THUMB UPS for you bro.... But how could halimat have died naw,,,, I like that girl shAa
Re: Shadows....... by Mindfrick(m): 9:25am On Jul 23, 2016
muhamad158:
Yes...... This is it, It is this story oooo.... I ve been on nairaland since. 2013, I ve never seen anything this fascinating, this is raw talent, like I couldn't stop my self from laughing out loud even though I was scared for the acts... THUMB UPS for you bro.... But how could halimat have died naw,,,, I like that girl shAa
Halimat Did Nt Die O...She Was Killed!
Re: Shadows....... by AustinBlinks(m): 5:20pm On Jul 23, 2016
Shadows (episode twelve)
********Flashback********
Friday, 13th. 8:30am
(Phone call)
Class rep: Hello sir!
Man: …..(coughs)…. Hello, how are you?
Class rep: I’m fine sir! I just want to tell you that we are about leaving sir.
Man: (coughs…. ) Oh…. That is…..(coughs)…. that is good! Is everything thing going accor…..(coughs)….;according to plan?
Class rep: yes sir.
Man: (cough) you can see I’m sick….(coughs )… this sacrifice must be made….(coughs)
Class rep: Ah don’t worry sir. I understand what must be done and i won’t disappoint you sir.
Man: I hate it had to be… (coughs)….(coughs) ….to be….(coughs)….this way but…(coughs )….but…
Class rep: You should rest now ok? You won’t die now, i don’t care what has to be lost so i would save your life.
Man:. Thank you my boy.
Class rep: Ok. Goodbye…….. Dad!
They had been searching for a while before Lanre stumbled on Halimat’s lifeless body on the ground. He stood there for a while in shock before calling the others. Mary and Moji busted out in tears as they all stood watching the corpse.
They were tired already, all hope of getting out alive was lost.
Emma: I can’t believe I’ll die when I’m just 21 years. Plus this isn’t how i think I’ll go. I thought I’d be surrounded by my grandchildren and my children on a sick bed while i tell them beautiful stories about how i became the world’s richest man at age 30 (Smile)
Daniel: I thought I’ll be lying on my bed after making love to a sexy lady and I’ll just go like that…
Emma: Seriously? That’s how you wanna go? Dying after sex.
Daniel: Yea….or during sex for that matter so I’ll go happily.
Moji: …..and go straight to hell…
Daniel: You know i heard this thing about hell fire, that you’ll continue to do in hell the particular sin that brought you there in the first place….. so if you were a liar, you’ll be lying in hell, so i thought maybe if i die making love…. I’ll probably be hooking up with evil spirits in hell.
Emma: Haahaha. Crazy boy! From the look of things, it’s like you’ve been hooking up with evil spirits here on earth already.
Moji: I don’t know where you read that crazy idea from.
Lanre: Guys…. we should be moving.
Emma: Moving where?? All we’ve done all night is try to get out of this place and somehow death kept taking us one after the other. We can as well stay in a spot till daybreak or till whatever is killing us comes for us.
Lanre: But….
Daniel: (cuts in) No buts Lanre! We’re staying here, no one is moving anywhere with you no more.
Lanre sighed. He understood their fears and worries. The closer the morning comes, the more dangerous things become. Maybe Emma was right, maybe they just have to stay in a spot and wait until whatever is going to happen, happens.
There they sat in the bush, surrounded by trees as Halimat’s body laid there.
They heard footsteps from behind them, it was firm, loud and very closeby.
Though they had all agreed to stay and wait till whatever was coming to come, they still found themselves scampering off on there feet, looking around in all direction, holding their breaths and waiting anxiously.
Emma began rolling his trousers and folding his sleeves as if preparing to run…
Lanre: (to Emma) I thought we are to wait and prepare for anything and not run?
Emma: I didn’t mean that… you really believed I’ll wait around? Bro, if anything comes out of that bush, it’s today you’ll find out i can run faster than Usain Bolt.
The footsteps continued and getting closer with each step, the girls stayed behind the guys, except Emma who was hiding behind Moji.
The image finally emerged from the bush, it took a few seconds before they all gave a sigh of relief while breathing hard.
Lanre: It’s you! Where have you been man?
Class rep: I’m sorry i startled you guys.
Emma: Answer the question! Where have you been?
Class rep: Finding my way out of this place of course, like i believe you guys are doing too. .. and i have found the way out
Temmy: Are you serious?
Class rep: Indeed i am. I have found the way out.
Lanre: So if you found the way out, why are you still here?
Class rep: I couldn’t just leave. I brought you all here, i have to get you out. That’s why i came back.
Emma: I know you! You’re not the guy that think about others.
Class rep: Guys! People have died. (Crying ) how do you think i feel about that, knowing it was my idea to come here. You don’t trust me but I’m sure you guys wanna get out of here as much as i want to.
Daniel: I think we should go with him
Temmy: Me too!
Emma: Of course, Temmy, You too. We all know you’ll agree to whatever Daniel agrees to. And you Class rep, how come you are still alive?
Class rep: i have been attacked several times by that thing but i got lucky.
Emma: Got lucky? Timothy, Habeeb, Shade, John and Halimat… how come they weren’t as lucky as you are?
Class rep: Will you guys stop listening to Emma and let’s go.
Emma: Guys, none of you know this guys has much as i do. There is no way he’ll find a way out and then come back for us.
Lanre: I understand your fear Emma. You’re very reasonable but what other choice do we have?
Emma: We can stay here.
Mary: so that when something happens you can run off like Usain Bolt?
Emma: Looks like it’s me against you all. Class rep, if anything happens to my friends, you might get lucky from the shadow but not from me because i will kill you myself. Lead the way…..
Class rep: Good. Glad you made the right choice.
Lanre: You heard him… please lead the way.
Class rep turned and began walking away as they trooped behind him. He looked to his side and saw Halimat’s body the ground, he kept walking, smiling to himself.
************ Flashback**********
Class rep.
He had always wondered why people could believe in so-called saviour , Jesus! How could they worship a man?
And if that wasn’t enough, another group always bow their heads to the ground, praying until it leaves a black spot on their forehead.
The only god he had known all his life was his village god, to which his dad was the high priest that communicates with it . Now that his father is sick, a sacrifice needs to be made so the high priest won’t die.
Kill a number of young people to lengthen his father’s life. Make him live longer by killing other people.
He planned everything well, he is going to organise a camp trip , lie to everyone the school authority knew about it, get them inside the bush and find a way to get out and leave them there all before 12:00am.
He had almost attacked Emma before running off into the bush.
He alone understood what was going on but it wasn’t supposed to happen this way. It happened way too earlier than it should have.
He made plans to sneak away while everybody slept before 12:00am but those stupid idiots John and Shade had wandered off into the bush and causing the deaths to start earlier than planned.
Now like the rest of them he’s been stuck in the bush with them all, facing the same danger.
The wind blew as he saw the shadow above him and getting closer.
Class rep: Please please! Dont’t hurt me! I’m with you! I will help you get them all! I’ll kill them for you if that’s what i have to do so i can get out alive… Please don’t hurt me ….
That worked! The shadow retreated and left him. He was scared to the bones but he had made a promise and he must keep it.
He became busy all night, Leading most members of the class to the spot where he had first encountered the Shadow and finding a way to leave them there.
He never really wait to see what became of them except that he always heard their screams few minutes after leaving them there.
Halimat was too much of a religious person, somehow the Shadow couldn’t get to her and that’s why he had to kill her himself.
He returned to get Her body only to find the others there. Apparently, the only group that were still alive.
This was going to be his last trip. All that is left to do is get the remaining ones to the spot and he would have fulfilled his promise and then be free to leave.
There they were filing behind him like sheeps after the shepherd. Some of them were even excited they found a way out. He smiled…. assuming they knew…. if only they knew he was leading them all to their deaths….. he smiled again.
~ AustinBlinks

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shadows....... by donaldphilipizu(m): 5:40pm On Jul 23, 2016
Mindfrick:
Halimat Did Nt Die O...She Was Killed!
wot's de difference b/w die and killed

1 Like

Re: Shadows....... by donaldphilipizu(m): 5:56pm On Jul 23, 2016
xo de class rep is behind all dis,if i catch dat guy,. well done bros more ink have being added to ur pen.

1 Like

Re: Shadows....... by muhamad158(m): 7:08pm On Jul 23, 2016
So who's the cat guy

1 Like

Re: Shadows....... by SFTW: 12:27am On Jul 24, 2016
Keep it up! Now I applaud the twist. The Class rep is indebted to the shadow and his dad the chief priest so he got more work to do

1 Like

Re: Shadows....... by hefelove(m): 9:58am On Jul 24, 2016
donaldphilipizu:
wot's de difference b/w die and killed

Re: Shadows....... by Hawlahscho(m): 9:59am On Jul 24, 2016
embarassed This class Rep is a mad goat embarassed
Re: Shadows....... by AustinBlinks(m): 12:30pm On Jul 24, 2016
Therock5555:

So what are you insinuating? That I see something wrong and turn a blind eye to it, not everybody is an asslicker bro, because he's upcoming does not mean I shouldn't tell him what is right for him.

By the way, please point me out to a story written by a popular author with this format that made good sales. I might not be a literature student but I can swear that I've read more books and articles than you have ever attempted, so please don't tell me crap.

if you don't have enough facts to counter me, don't bother quoting me, I'm to busy to be replying rubbish posts.

Thanks...

Anyways I'm still researching the "rule" which states i can't mix them both. I haven't found any but you might wanna research what "Transgeneric Narratology" by Linguist Roy summer means and realise writing (except grammar ) has no rule like the one you were supposedly correcting me of.. Because YOU think it's wrong doesn't make it generally unacceptable

3 Likes

Re: Shadows....... by Hawlahscho(m): 1:24pm On Jul 24, 2016
Therock5555:

By the way, please point me out to a story written by a popular author with this format that made good sales. I might not be a literature student but [size=30pj]I can swear that I've read more books and articles than you have ever attempted[/size], so please don't tell me crap.

Thanks...

WOW!
I wont be surprised knowing that you cant even read fluently.

Confirming that you read more books than someone you've not even met in person sounds funny you know. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shadows....... by andreawills96(f): 9:04am On Jul 25, 2016
AustinBlinks:
Shadows (episode twelve)
********Flashback********
Friday, 13th. 8:30am
(Phone call)
Class rep: Hello sir!
Man: …..(coughs)…. Hello, how are you?
Class rep: I’m fine sir! I just want to tell you that we are about leaving sir.
Man: (coughs…. ) Oh…. That is…..(coughs)…. that is good! Is everything thing going accor…..(coughs)….;according to plan?
Class rep: yes sir.
Man: (cough) you can see I’m sick….(coughs )… this sacrifice must be made….(coughs)
Class rep: Ah don’t worry sir. I understand what must be done and i won’t disappoint you sir.
Man: I hate it had to be… (coughs)….(coughs) ….to be….(coughs)….this way but…(coughs )….but…
Class rep: You should rest now ok? You won’t die now, i don’t care what has to be lost so i would save your life.
Man:. Thank you my boy.
Class rep: Ok. Goodbye…….. Dad!
They had been searching for a while before Lanre stumbled on Halimat’s lifeless body on the ground. He stood there for a while in shock before calling the others. Mary and Moji busted out in tears as they all stood watching the corpse.
They were tired already, all hope of getting out alive was lost.
Emma: I can’t believe I’ll die when I’m just 21 years. Plus this isn’t how i think I’ll go. I thought I’d be surrounded by my grandchildren and my children on a sick bed while i tell them beautiful stories about how i became the world’s richest man at age 30 (Smile)
Daniel: I thought I’ll be lying on my bed after making love to a sexy lady and I’ll just go like that…
Emma: Seriously? That’s how you wanna go? Dying after sex.
Daniel: Yea….or during sex for that matter so I’ll go happily.
Moji: …..and go straight to hell…
Daniel: You know i heard this thing about hell fire, that you’ll continue to do in hell the particular sin that brought you there in the first place….. so if you were a liar, you’ll be lying in hell, so i thought maybe if i die making love…. I’ll probably be hooking up with evil spirits in hell.
Emma: Haahaha. Crazy boy! From the look of things, it’s like you’ve been hooking up with evil spirits here on earth already.
Moji: I don’t know where you read that crazy idea from.
Lanre: Guys…. we should be moving.
Emma: Moving where?? All we’ve done all night is try to get out of this place and somehow death kept taking us one after the other. We can as well stay in a spot till daybreak or till whatever is killing us comes for us.
Lanre: But….
Daniel: (cuts in) No buts Lanre! We’re staying here, no one is moving anywhere with you no more.
Lanre sighed. He understood their fears and worries. The closer the morning comes, the more dangerous things become. Maybe Emma was right, maybe they just have to stay in a spot and wait until whatever is going to happen, happens.
There they sat in the bush, surrounded by trees as Halimat’s body laid there.
They heard footsteps from behind them, it was firm, loud and very closeby.
Though they had all agreed to stay and wait till whatever was coming to come, they still found themselves scampering off on there feet, looking around in all direction, holding their breaths and waiting anxiously.
Emma began rolling his trousers and folding his sleeves as if preparing to run…
Lanre: (to Emma) I thought we are to wait and prepare for anything and not run?
Emma: I didn’t mean that… you really believed I’ll wait around? Bro, if anything comes out of that bush, it’s today you’ll find out i can run faster than Usain Bolt.
The footsteps continued and getting closer with each step, the girls stayed behind the guys, except Emma who was hiding behind Moji.
The image finally emerged from the bush, it took a few seconds before they all gave a sigh of relief while breathing hard.
Lanre: It’s you! Where have you been man?
Class rep: I’m sorry i startled you guys.
Emma: Answer the question! Where have you been?
Class rep: Finding my way out of this place of course, like i believe you guys are doing too. .. and i have found the way out
Temmy: Are you serious?
Class rep: Indeed i am. I have found the way out.
Lanre: So if you found the way out, why are you still here?
Class rep: I couldn’t just leave. I brought you all here, i have to get you out. That’s why i came back.
Emma: I know you! You’re not the guy that think about others.
Class rep: Guys! People have died. (Crying ) how do you think i feel about that, knowing it was my idea to come here. You don’t trust me but I’m sure you guys wanna get out of here as much as i want to.
Daniel: I think we should go with him
Temmy: Me too!
Emma: Of course, Temmy, You too. We all know you’ll agree to whatever Daniel agrees to. And you Class rep, how come you are still alive?
Class rep: i have been attacked several times by that thing but i got lucky.
Emma: Got lucky? Timothy, Habeeb, Shade, John and Halimat… how come they weren’t as lucky as you are?
Class rep: Will you guys stop listening to Emma and let’s go.
Emma: Guys, none of you know this guys has much as i do. There is no way he’ll find a way out and then come back for us.
Lanre: I understand your fear Emma. You’re very reasonable but what other choice do we have?
Emma: We can stay here.
Mary: so that when something happens you can run off like Usain Bolt?
Emma: Looks like it’s me against you all. Class rep, if anything happens to my friends, you might get lucky from the shadow but not from me because i will kill you myself. Lead the way…..
Class rep: Good. Glad you made the right choice.
Lanre: You heard him… please lead the way.
Class rep turned and began walking away as they trooped behind him. He looked to his side and saw Halimat’s body the ground, he kept walking, smiling to himself.
************ Flashback**********
Class rep.
He had always wondered why people could believe in so-called saviour , Jesus! How could they worship a man?
And if that wasn’t enough, another group always bow their heads to the ground, praying until it leaves a black spot on their forehead.
The only god he had known all his life was his village god, to which his dad was the high priest that communicates with it . Now that his father is sick, a sacrifice needs to be made so the high priest won’t die.
Kill a number of young people to lengthen his father’s life. Make him live longer by killing other people.
He planned everything well, he is going to organise a camp trip , lie to everyone the school authority knew about it, get them inside the bush and find a way to get out and leave them there all before 12:00am.
He had almost attacked Emma before running off into the bush.
He alone understood what was going on but it wasn’t supposed to happen this way. It happened way too earlier than it should have.
He made plans to sneak away while everybody slept before 12:00am but those stupid idiots John and Shade had wandered off into the bush and causing the deaths to start earlier than planned.
Now like the rest of them he’s been stuck in the bush with them all, facing the same danger.
The wind blew as he saw the shadow above him and getting closer.
Class rep: Please please! Dont’t hurt me! I’m with you! I will help you get them all! I’ll kill them for you if that’s what i have to do so i can get out alive… Please don’t hurt me ….
That worked! The shadow retreated and left him. He was scared to the bones but he had made a promise and he must keep it.
He became busy all night, Leading most members of the class to the spot where he had first encountered the Shadow and finding a way to leave them there.
He never really wait to see what became of them except that he always heard their screams few minutes after leaving them there.
Halimat was too much of a religious person, somehow the Shadow couldn’t get to her and that’s why he had to kill her himself.
He returned to get Her body only to find the others there. Apparently, the only group that were still alive.
This was going to be his last trip. All that is left to do is get the remaining ones to the spot and he would have fulfilled his promise and then be free to leave.
There they were filing behind him like sheeps after the shepherd. Some of them were even excited they found a way out. He smiled…. assuming they knew…. if only they knew he was leading them all to their deaths….. he smiled again.
~ AustinBlinks
. That why I never liked all this camping trip even when I was in school, jezz all this people becus of ur old. Idiotic dying father
Re: Shadows....... by Hawlahscho(m): 7:57pm On Jul 25, 2016
andreawills96:
. That why I never liked all this camping trip even when I was in school, jezz all this people becus of ur old. Idiotic dying father

So, you quoted all that just because of this comment

You're more wicked than the class Rep angry

2 Likes

Re: Shadows....... by Osjaay(f): 8:15pm On Jul 25, 2016
chineke meeeeh so na the course rep

1 Like

Re: Shadows....... by andreawills96(f): 10:15pm On Jul 25, 2016
Hawlahscho:

So, you quoted all that just because of this comment

You're more wicked than the class Rep angry
. Am new here, that how I read to comment, will do better as time goes
Re: Shadows....... by Dugozpweeti(f): 2:17pm On Jul 26, 2016
Austinblinks ooooo
Re: Shadows....... by nkemdave(m): 3:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
I'm already fallen for your intro. smiley
I think the full story will be interesting.
Good job, Ride on!
I've got ur back wink
Re: Shadows....... by Hawlahscho(m): 5:42pm On Jul 26, 2016
andreawills96:
. Am new here, that how I read to comment, will do better as time goes

Oh
It's no problem.
Next time, you dont need to quote long text sha, just use d "reply" button cool
Re: Shadows....... by Hawlahscho(m): 5:43pm On Jul 26, 2016
nkemdave:
I'm already fallen for your intro. smiley
I think the full story will be interesting.
Good job, Ride on!
I've got ur back wink

That's what caught my attention too. grin
Re: Shadows....... by Eniqurl(f): 10:24am On Jul 27, 2016
AustinBlinks why didn't u mention me nah

Nice story btw..... But it's scary af!
Re: Shadows....... by nkemdave(m): 10:47am On Jul 27, 2016
Hawlahscho:

That's what caught my attention too. grin

U too!
wow, I thought I'm the only one.
Re: Shadows....... by Missmossy(f): 11:30am On Jul 27, 2016
AustinBlinks more please cheesy

This piece is so enchanting full of intrigue and suspense!!

2 Likes

Re: Shadows....... by Eniqurl(f): 12:28am On Jul 28, 2016
No update ni
Re: Shadows....... by nkemdave(m): 12:01pm On Jul 28, 2016
I can't believe that the Class Rep is partnering with Shadows. angry
I pray that Lanre and co comes out alive and healthy.
Re: Shadows....... by Nmaglit: 6:04pm On Jul 28, 2016
Can't bliv am reading a horror story

Nice one
Re: Shadows....... by AustinBlinks(m): 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2016
Updating soon......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Pleasure And Pain - A Short Story / AZEME : A Campus Crime Story / Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.