Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Say No To 'Women's Equality' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Say No To 'Women's Equality' (5888 Views)

Governor Ajimobi Gives Ramadan Gifts To Women And Orphanages (Pics) / DSS Hands Over 82 Freed Chibok Girls To Women Affairs For Rehabilitation / n (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:50pm On Mar 24, 2016
asuustrike2009:

What you said. Domestic violence, rights to education e.t.c

Actually they are asking for more than that,
Domestic violence has always been a criminal offence, if reported. And right to education for every child is a bill on it's own.
Pass this law without the right orientation and watch the African family die off completely

2 Likes

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by Rossikk(m): 6:50pm On Mar 24, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Suit yourself, but honestly I think you are high on some cheap stuff
Slave minded pea brain.
Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by sinkhole: 6:51pm On Mar 24, 2016
Rossikk:
Where do ignorant racists like you creep out from?
Are you OK Sir?
Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by sinkhole: 6:52pm On Mar 24, 2016
Rossikk:
Slave minded dunce.
He said we Africans are violent in nature and you are showing it in action! Very funny. If that person has been your partner I sure you would have given her "a dirty slap" by now!

2 Likes

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by Cultured(m): 6:53pm On Mar 24, 2016
@OP

It's only manipulative men that will give consent to your proposition. I, for one, I am an egalitarian no apologies. Propose that men should always be the primus inter pares over women I will agree with you.
Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:54pm On Mar 24, 2016
sinkhole:
Are you OK Sir?

I believe his girlfriend just left him and he is looking for some one to vent his anger on.

Open a similar thread, mention me and let's reason maturedly .
Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by Rossikk(m): 6:54pm On Mar 24, 2016
sinkhole:
Are you OK Sir?
You are the one who thinks it is OK to demean blacks and elevate whites. YOU need your head checked.

1 Like

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by Rossikk(m): 6:56pm On Mar 24, 2016
sinkhole:
He said we Africans are violent in nature and you are showing it in action! Very funny. If that person has been your partner I sure you would have given her "a dirty slap" by now!
What is violent about calling him a slave minded dunce, like you? It is the plain truth.
Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by sinkhole: 6:56pm On Mar 24, 2016
Rossikk:
You are the one who thinks it is OK to demean blacks and elevate whites. YOU need your head checked.
gringringrin
Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by londoner: 6:58pm On Mar 24, 2016
Op may your daughter not be treated with equality.

Please type 'amen' if you agree. Let's see if you do that shall we? Lol.......

Or any other person here does sincerely for that matter.

3 Likes

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by sinkhole: 6:59pm On Mar 24, 2016
Rossikk:
What is violent about calling him a slave minded dunce, like you? It is the plain truth.
calling somebody you have never seen, names, is a sign of violent tendency!

2 Likes

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by Rossikk(m): 7:01pm On Mar 24, 2016
sinkhole:
calling somebody you have never seen, names, is a sign of violent tendency!
The blacks you and your friend have insulted, how many of them have you met? Dunce.

1 Like

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by sinkhole: 7:02pm On Mar 24, 2016
Rossikk:
calling somebody you've never met in person, names, is a sign of violent tendency in character, bros, you're violent!
Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by londoner: 7:02pm On Mar 24, 2016
Rossikk:

Lol..replace the word Blacks in your quote with women and the word Whites with the word men and you are looking at what you yourself are suggesting with this very thread.

For as long as Nigerian men seek to be put over Nigerian women let the White man be put over you.It is called karma and it is only fair.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by Rossikk(m): 7:05pm On Mar 24, 2016
londoner:

Lol..replace the word Blacks in your quote with women and the word Whites with men and you are looking at what you yourself are suggesting.

For as long as Nigerian men seek to be put over Nigerian women let the White man be put over you.It is called karma and it is only fair.
Yawwnn... The 65% divorce rate in America shows we are right.

1 Like

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by ziccoit: 7:08pm On Mar 24, 2016
There is no equality what I know is equity. The bill will never see the light of the day even if represented 1million times.
Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by Uniben4sure: 7:31pm On Mar 24, 2016
Op I want to believe you are joking, if not, then your brain needs to be reformatted with a good slap.

Only weak men try to suppress women in the name of the male superiority nonsense. People like you are the reason why Africa remains backward.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by londoner: 11:39pm On Mar 24, 2016
Rossikk:

Why lie to yourself that many Nigerians are divorced but cohabiting? Many people are actually divorcing in Nigeria, many.

Many have men and women outside of their so called marriage.

The fact that some feel trapped and have no option to leave doesn't call for a celebration. There are happy marriages in the West and happy marriages in Africa but at least the ones in the West are less likely to be a product of societies pressure or simply putting up with cheating, beating and being a second wife.

3 Likes

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by londoner: 11:45pm On Mar 24, 2016
Rossikk:

So basically you are saying your daughter should should not have equality?

When men that say such have to picture the faces of their own daughters, mothers and sisters they avoid using the same yardstick just like you have. You typed 'yawn' instead of amen....go ahead and say say amen to your daughter being treated like a lesser being then.

Some types of men are afraid of living in a world where the women around them are empowered. They are not sure they'll be able to compete I suspect.

2 Likes

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by londoner: 11:56pm On Mar 24, 2016
For as long as the African man refuses to allow women to have rights he should not complain of being looked at as less than men of other races. Other men see them as backwards and in many cases they have earned that reputation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by Rossikk(m): 1:55am On Mar 25, 2016
Uniben4sure:
Op I want to believe you are joking, if not, then your brain needs to be reformatted with a good slap.

Only weak men try to suppress women in the name of the male superiority nonsense. People like you are the reason why Africa remains backward.
Actually, Africa remains ''backward'' (a dumb word by the way) because thoughtless copycat oafs like you will swallow any old crap the west throws at you without questioning or investigating its impact on your own society. The west you worship show a divorce rate of 65% wth broken families and children raised by single mothers now the order of the day, with the accompanying effects on crime, truancy, teenage pregnancy, gangsterism, drugs, alcoholism and other ills facing those societies. A ship cannot have two captains. Africans knew this before the west existed.

By the way Mr Saint, do you support gay marriage in Nigeria, and if not, why not? Why are you ''suppressing gay people''?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by Rossikk(m): 2:02am On Mar 25, 2016
londoner:
For as long as the African man refuses to allow women to have rights he should not complain of being looked at as less than men of other races. Other men see them as backwards and in many cases they have earned that reputation.

African men do not CARE what you or some foreigners think about them.

African men CIVILIZED this world. We know what works and what doesn't, based on thousands of years' experience. A woman has her functions, and a man has his. The concepts of 'equality' and 'inequality' are non-existent in African gender discourse. And shall remain so, whatever the rest of the world thinks.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by OAUTemitayo: 2:25am On Mar 25, 2016
Rossikk:

African men CIVILIZED this world. We know what works and what doesn't, based on thousands of years' experience. A woman has her functions, and a man has his. The concepts of 'equality' and 'inequality' are non-existent in African gender discourse. And shall remain so, whatever the rest of the world thinks.
Leave them. They want equality. No wahala. Let men and women compete together in all spheres. No more 30% reservation for women in politics, let all of us go to the field.
Let us cancel male and female football since it promote segregation and allow both sex to play together. Whoever is the best performer should be chosen. They will run back here for protection of women as a disadvantaged sex
Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by enlightenedmind: 2:54am On Mar 25, 2016
Rossikk:
Or we will become like America where a woman can kick you out of the house after an argument, and take over your house. Divorce rates will shoot up to 65% like in the US as the wife starts to wear the trousers in the house and turn a demigoddess. She will insult and abuse you and if you slap her she'll call the police and they'll lock you up even without evidence. Say no now before it is too late.

This is not about marriage problems, this is about people's fundamental human rights and the protection of children's quality of lives after the death of their fathers.

3 Likes

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by lindabon: 3:34am On Mar 25, 2016
Rossikk:

And yet, African nations sit firmly at the bottom of global development. We tend to forget that the foreigners or "the west" , practised similar systems of oppression, at some point in their history. Today, they are still implementing better ways to best run their societies, and given their progress so far, its safe to assume that these systems are working. What we usually call "westernisation", are rather policies adopted by a group of people, who decided to stop repeating destructive patterns of behaviour over and over again, and instead, to question the status quo. By so doing, through a process of trial and error, they were able to start devising constructive plans that work for the good of all.

With Africa having the poorest nations in the world, it is safe to also assume at this point that whatever systems we have in place do not work, have not worked, and will probably never work. I advise that we try to unlearn certain regressive behaviours, and embrace a more progressive way of growing.

(In Western Societies) A woman cant slap a man and get away with it unless the man himself, felt abase and as a result, he refuses to divulge that information to the police. Abuse is bad when it happens to men as well. But the problem is, "how many men can report their wife for abuse"? Also, if a man claims to date women who will insult him, abuse him and then she finally seals it all with a slap, the man needs to question the type of women he seems to be drawn to(This also applies to women).
On the divorce issue, I have seen Nigerian marriages, and yes possibly divorce rate may be lower, but this boils down to the fact that married couples choose to suffer neglect, mental and physical abuse, infidelity, and all worth not.
I can pick more on other things OP stated, but I would just say finally that in a relationship, demeaning behaviour is not healthy, and no one should boast if their society encourages jungle-like system of living together.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by Rossikk(m): 5:25am On Mar 25, 2016
lindabon:

And yet, African nations sit firmly at the bottom of global development. We tend to forget that the foreigners or "the west" , practised similar systems of oppression, at some point in their history. Today, they are still implementing better ways to best run their societies, and given their progress so far, its safe to assume that these systems are working. What we usually call "westernisation", are rather policies adopted by a group of people, who decided to stop repeating destructive patterns of behaviour over and over again, and instead, to question the status quo. By so doing, through a process of trial and error, they were able to start devising constructive plans that work for the good of all.

With Africa having the poorest nations in the world, it is safe to also assume at this point that whatever systems we have in place do not work, have not worked, and will probably never work. I advise that we try to unlearn certain regressive behaviours, and embrace a more progressive way of growing.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You have no sense of history, development, politics or economics. Your view of the world is naive in the extreme. Developing nations are developing because ''something is wrong with them'', in your warped worldview. Developed nations are developed because ''they have removed the bad things they used to do''. So simplistic.

Get this, Life on this earth is a lot more complex and complicated than your puerile reasoning. There is nothing to be ashamed of in being a developing nation. 80% of nations on earth are developing nations. And it is not due to any ''flaw'' in those nations or their people. It is a lot more complex than that.

(In Western Societies) A woman cant slap a man and get away with it unless the man himself, felt abase and as a result, he refuses to divulge that information to the police. Abuse is bad when it happens to men as well. But the problem is, "how many men can report their wife for abuse"? Also, if a man claims to date women who will insult him, abuse him and then finally seal it all with a slap, the man needs to question the type of women he seems to be drawn to(This also applies to women).
On the divorce issue, I have seen Nigerian marriages, and yes possibly divorce rate may be lower, but this boils down to the fact that married couples choose to suffer neglect, mental and physical abuse, infidelity, and all worth not.
I can pick more on other things OP stated, but I would just say finally that in a relationship, demeaning behaviour is not healthy, and no one should boast if their society encourages jungle-like system of living together by either a man or woman

We Africans REJECT the jungle-like state of broken families, drugs, gangsterism and teenage pregnancies that have turned large segments of western society into living nightmares. In your mad worship of anything western, you blindly ignore those tragic social consequences of the brand of 'equality' you are promoting, on the alter of the economic success of the west? But Japan, China, India et al are succeeding economically, and they do not accept or practice your western ''gender equality'' ideas do they?

Likewise Africa does not have to swallow your imported medicine either to make a success if its economies. And contrary to your delusions, the continent IS moving ahead economically, and contains 6 of the world's 10 fastest growing economies as we speak.

So thanks for your imported prescriptions, but no thanks!

4 Likes

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by lindabon: 10:44am On Mar 25, 2016
Let me get this. So you do not want a fair world because a man should be the one to slap a woman, kick her out of the house, etc? Your view that narcissistic, abusive, and sadistic behaviour should be allowed only if the man is the sole administrator of such harsh treatment, is rather troubling.

You are entitled to your own opinion and I can either laugh at it, criticise it, or reason with it. I maintain that I will not advocate for a world where any one is treated unfairly. I have seen most people raised in patriarchal societies, and I genuinely feel sorry for the men as well as the women, because they do not know how much better things will be if they didn't have to carry so many responsibilities alone and If they rather just shared their burden with each other. China, Japan and India as you mentioned and even western countries are still making effort to bridge the gap and so is every other nation. I hate to disappoint you, but a fair, just and balanced society is what everyone will adopt at some point and the simple reason is because no one has yet been able to come up with a concrete reason why one person should be discriminated against. So if you do not want a fair society, you need to start coming up with a good argument against it instead of just saying, "I prefer a system where the men are the abusive ones rather than the women" or "Women have always been the victims of abuse, why change that now". Such ideas do not hold water and will easily get crushed in the future and there is very little anyone can do about it, unfortunately. Without a good supporting argument against fairness, a fair and just society will not only be a prescription but also a bitter pill most people will be forced to swallow to rid the world of bias and make the world a better place.

Rossikk:

We Africans REJECT the jungle-like state of broken families, drugs, gangsterism and teenage pregnancies that have turned large segments of western society into living nightmares.

Please Note that this is what happens in most disenfranchised and largely uneducated societies in a varied or subtle degree, both home and abroad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by londoner: 1:14pm On Mar 25, 2016
lindabon:

(In Western Societies) A woman cant slap a man and get away with it unless the man himself, felt abase and as a result, he refuses to divulge that information to the police. Abuse is bad when it happens to men as well. But the problem is, "how many men can report their wife for abuse"? Also, if a man claims to date women who will insult him, abuse him and then finally seal it all with a slap, the man needs to question the type of women he seems to be drawn to(This also applies to women).
I can pick more on other things OP stated, but I would just say finally that in a relationship, demeaning behaviour is not healthy, and no one should boast if their society encourages jungle-like system of living together by either a man or woman

100% truth. African nations generally remain at the bottom because they are unable to progress mainly due to the inability of people to evaluate and embrace the ability to evolve. It does not have to look like the West but to continue in a retrogressive manner can never move a society forward.

If they had the ability to stand side by side with their male counterparts it would be so bad but when you look at advancements and countries that are performing well in comparison to others the African ones always lag. They like to talk about being men but are unable to actually lead nations and produce meaningful progress.

They like the perks but not the burden of leadership.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by Rossikk(m): 1:28pm On Mar 25, 2016
londoner:

100% truth. African nations generally remain at the bottom because they are unable to progress mainly due to the inability of people to evaluate and embrace the ability to evolve. It does not have to look like the West but to continue in a retrogressive manner can never move a society forward.

If they had the ability to stand side by side with their male counterparts it would be so bad but when you look at advancements and countries that are performing well in comparison to others the African ones always lag. They like to talk about being men but are unable to actually lead nations and produce meaningful progress.

They like the perks but not the burden of leadership.
Grammar. Where is your evidence that adopting Western concepts of 'gender equality' will not lead to the widespread social malaise, broken homes and sky high divorce rates seen in the West? You think you know more than the Asians who have rejected such ideas? Learn to think original instead of blindly copying the west like a dunce. Oh... And South East Asia is economically behind Africa so you can ditch your ignorant allusions to Africa being at the bottom. Google "India poorer than Africa" to learn more.
Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by londoner: 1:49pm On Mar 25, 2016
You already have broken homes, you already have gangs or are cultists not gangs any more? What do you call agberos and touts are they not gangs? You already have a drug problem many of the people swallowing packets of drugs to sell or actually going to SA to sell are involved in the drug business are they not? You already have the problem of baby factories and I think they are unwed are they not. Is the practice of abortion not rife in many places. Prostitution and sugar mamarism is on the rise is it not?

There is no point pretending as if Nigerian society is not crumbling by the day.

There is nothing wrong in creating an African inspired journey towards a fairer society for all. You don't have to see it as a Western right but as a human one.

Gender equality does not have to be seen as a Western concept. The so called West had a time when women and children were oppressed in the same way. They sought to progress ( and we're forced to) and even they still need to do more. We can't continue in this same way because it is not working for us all. Trying to render half of your population ineffective doesn't make much sense IMO.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by londoner: 1:51pm On Mar 25, 2016
Also if India which one country within Asia is poorer than Africa which is a whole continent that should not be a shock and proves no point at all. Countries within Asia and other continents have work to do too but Africa as a continent and many African countries run by African men are usually behind others. Your counterparts in some places are competing to be top economies of the world but the Nigerian man can barely get just one refinery to work....and this is in 2016 ....smh.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Come Buhari Looks Younger Than Osibanjo And Oyegun- Photo / Speechless!!! See Shocking Roads & Bridges Located In Ebonyi State(photos) / What Biafrans Will Never Tell You About The Real Cause Of Their Woes In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.