Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW (12909 Views)

Danger Ahead As IPOB Demand For Kanu "Dead Or Alive " From Govt. / Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW / Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by LudaChriz(m): 1:30am On Mar 25, 2016
As if to call the bluff of President Muhammadu Buhari’s pronouncement to generate 10,000 megawatts, MW, by 2019, output from the generating plants dropped to as low as 2,841MW by mid-day, yesterday.

Data from the Nigerian Systems Operations Department of the Transmission Company of Nigeria, TCN, website, www.nsong.org , indicated that the situation had gone even worse with generation dropping again to 2,841.90MW as at 12:42pm, yesterday.

The President’s declaration, Tuesday has attracted a lot of scepticisms from various stakeholders, who argued that it was a mission impossible given the current state of the Nigerian power sector, which is characterised by weak and obsolete system.

They noted further that 10,000MW was not a new power target, considering that former President Olusegun Obasanjo had also touted the same capacity target for 2010, which never came to pass till date.
Specifically, they argued that 2019 was exit period of the current administration and, therefore, the President would not be held responsible in the event of failure to achieve the 10,000MW.
They added that to achieve the set target by 2019, will mean generating at least 3,333MW every year over the next three years.

The challenges in doing this, they noted, include the weak transmission network, which cannot wheel that amount of power, given that the much talked about transmission grid has not been constructed.

The transmission system in Nigeria comprises 330 KV and 132 KV circuits and substations and the highest maximum daily energy wheeled nationwide was the one-off 109,372MWH, which was attained when generation output hit a record 5,074MW on February 2, 2016.

Also, except new capacities come on stream, all the existing power plants in Nigeria cannot generate 10,000MW, while the 11 existing distribution companies, DISCOs, cannot accommodate the 10,000MW due to weak tools and equipment.

Although the Systems Operations did not give any reasons for the drastic drop, or which plant generated what, it, however, indicated that the 1,580.6MW were distributed to the 11 electricity Distribution Companies, DISCOs, as follows:
Ikeja - 426.29 MW; Abuja - 326.82 MW; Eko - 312.61 MW; Benin - 255.77 MW; Enugu - 255.77 MW; Ibadan - 369.45 MW; Jos - 156.30 MW; Kano - 227.35MW; Kaduna -227.35 MW; Port Harcourt - 184.72 MW; and Yola - 99.47 MW.

Accordingly, analysts argued that except a miracle happens, the 10,000MW target will remain a mirage.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/power-generation-drops-2841mw/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by nnachukz(m): 1:36am On Mar 25, 2016
Body language is becoming increasingly useless. EEDC brought a bill to my flat last week, I almost ran mad in anger because for a month and two weeks now they have not supplied light to my area so I couldn't understand how and where they got a bill of N8500. I have gone to their office and told them I can't pay for what I didn't use and if I see any of them tempering with my cables it won't go down well with me and the person.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by Pidggin(f): 1:37am On Mar 25, 2016
55 years after independence we are still battling with this issue, when will we get it right sad

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by obailala(m): 1:42am On Mar 25, 2016
Nigeria Nigeria!

4 Likes

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by LudaChriz(m): 1:49am On Mar 25, 2016
I could remember vividly how the duo of Fashola and Osinbajo were "mouth wetting" during campaign periods that power generation is not a rocket science.

One would think that these men have the master plan to give us 24 hours power supply ones elected; but Lo & behold, reverse is the case.

The "power supply is not a rocket science" chant was all in an attempt to paint GEJ as clueless and confused before the masses; but down inside them they know quite well that they do not have the solution to our epileptic power supply.

To them now they have succeeded in rooting GEJ out by scamming the populace and they will be calling themselves great politicians. Hmmm, they forget two things - God & karma. We shall see what becomes of APC at the end of it all

110 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by LudaChriz(m): 1:55am On Mar 25, 2016
Pidggin:
55 years after independence we are still battling with this issue, when will we get it right sad

Pls help us ask Osinbajo and Fashola. They told us before election that power generation is not a rocket science. But now even the "little" generated by GEJ they can not maintain it

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by SleekMallam: 2:09am On Mar 25, 2016
Nigerians energy crisis is evident that evolution do go on reverse. How can one explain battling and struggling with the basic necessities of life as light? Why has Nigerians failed to even look into a mirror and reflect?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by LudaChriz(m): 2:15am On Mar 25, 2016
Lalasticlala

Pls this is a very serious matter
Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by phemmie06(m): 2:26am On Mar 25, 2016
We don't need promises again but fulfillment of the one promised earlier campaign don go. The more you promise, the more expectations are high and the worse the situation becomes

4 Likes

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by DONMAYOR19(m): 2:56am On Mar 25, 2016
and bubu just promise this week that he want to generate more 10000MW, yet the ones generated by the past administration is going down under their nose as if the electricity is trying to discover crude oil in kaduna state.

Buhari is a dullard for life.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by temitemi1(m): 3:52am On Mar 25, 2016
Fashola don forget sey Nigeria no be lagos state.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by Standing5(m): 4:11am On Mar 25, 2016
See 'em wailers doing their job.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by ZZ22: 4:17am On Mar 25, 2016
Standing5:
See 'em wailers doing their job.
Are you sure your human? To make sure your human type this captcha below.... ZoMb1E

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by greatgod2012(f): 5:04am On Mar 25, 2016
Honestly, when are we going to get anything right in this country
Little wonder, everyone wants to travel abroad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by Jirate(m): 5:31am On Mar 25, 2016
LudaChriz:

Pls help us ask Osinbajo and Fashola. They told us before election that power generation is not a rocket science. But now even the "little" generated by GEJ they can not maintain it

This is very Painful. Their inability to maintain anything Good left behind by their predecessor. They are all a Bunch of Foooools as far as I am concerned. They should learn to give credit to GEJ whenever it is necessary rather than always eager to rubbish his name and legacy, when they know within them selves that they will never be able to out perform him.

39 Likes

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by Acidosis(m): 5:45am On Mar 25, 2016
Power generation is not rocket science. The government should do something about this.

1 Like

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by lilprinze: 6:06am On Mar 25, 2016
APC and this dullard has bad omen they can't maintain anything good, since they came to power all what GEJ left behind instead of improving it they destroy it and they now blame it on GEJ and PDP .
"Accordingly, analysts argued that except a miracle happens, the 10,000MW target will remain a miracle " Nigerians have been scammed

6 Likes

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by TPAND(f): 6:27am On Mar 25, 2016
We made a mistake.

We got wheedle into this doom called CHANGE.

APC, Buhari - I should have known this man has never been a man of his words. This guy on 2 different occasions swore never to contest for the office of the president. He even swore not to go to the election tribunal or a court if he loses the elections, he never kept to his word.

A chameleon can only change its color but not its skin.

18 Likes

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by pedrilo: 6:36am On Mar 25, 2016
So power generation is dropping and our bill is increasing!

E no go beta for Buhari, osubade and fashola.
because they hav money to send their kids abroad, dem wan kill us for here wit hard life.

God punish una o

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by gbaskiboy: 6:37am On Mar 25, 2016
South Africa, Libya and many other countries in africa enjoy stable power supply, what hold the giant of them to achieve this? Everyday the mega power generated keeps fluctuating, and nothing could be done to curb it. Everyday Thousands of Generators keep flooding our market and we hope to achieve steady power supply. I weep for this country, PDP, APC and other minority parties they are all failure non are capable to ends even the most simplest problem we have in this country. If situation can continue this way our future progeny should expect worse, I weep for my country, I weep for APC for false propaganda and promises, I weep for PDP for complete 16 years in power all they can achieve is corruption.

8 Likes

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by chukwukadibia10: 6:43am On Mar 25, 2016
Thank God

Me and my family didn't voted for this old wizard called Buhari.

Those that voted this man should be ashamed of themselves.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 25, 2016
seriously, I just don't understand anymore...
Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by Flets: 8:19am On Mar 25, 2016
Anybody who thinks Buhari can fight IPOB, Tompolo, Nigerdelta, call the bluff of the south and expect the gas pipelines to stay intact needs to check his head.

No nation disunited in purpose ever makes progress.

6 Likes

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by ksstroud: 8:19am On Mar 25, 2016
Serious issue
Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by Sunnycliff(m): 8:19am On Mar 25, 2016
24/7 Power supply is no Rocket Science.... Fashola 2014!

Please Fashola what is the aeroplane science explanation for what we are seeing under your nose and watch?

20 Likes

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by enitanpopoola(m): 8:19am On Mar 25, 2016
How did we get to this stage? cry
Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by Sijo01(f): 8:19am On Mar 25, 2016
Smh, which way naija.
If the 6am light they brought today stays till 9am, it will make it 6hours we've seen light in my area in the pass 5days.

4 Likes

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by chimah3(m): 8:20am On Mar 25, 2016
Buhari undecided
Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by Mosb(m): 8:20am On Mar 25, 2016
WOW................... I shld start the generator bizness soonest
Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by siraj1402(m): 8:20am On Mar 25, 2016
I voted for Buhari a fulani man, I can't remember voting for an angel. So I never expected a miracle, I voted for change not magic.16 years misrule can not be repaired in a year..... #I_Stand_With_Buhari

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW by lomprico(m): 8:21am On Mar 25, 2016
Pidggin:
Never! So brace it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Speaks On Benue Flood / Orji Kalu: President’s Visit To South-east Will Clear Lies That He Is Not Buhari / Nigeria Ranks 136th In Corruption Perceptions Index 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.