Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes (11307 Views)

Blogging For Profit: 15 Secrets On How To Make Money With Blogging / How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy / What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by stubbornman(m): 8:20am On Apr 19, 2016
aqeelah:
what is the benefit
you'll be friends with wizkid
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 19, 2016
mosesabah:
please feel free to drop your questions and i would relied back as i see your comments

Can i start a blog with my phone? Pls if ppsible how?
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 19, 2016
soleexx:
I'm a webDesiging and a Developer...Do I really need to blog?...and I work with dreamwavers
My brother, as a web developer and designer, there are three things involved, you either develop one for urself right from scratch or get one from wordpress.org or probably remaing blogless like me lol .
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by WebclickNG: 8:48am On Apr 19, 2016
This is the problem with Nigeria. Tomorrow this same blog will not generate revenue to the owner. How can you possibly say you start a blog in 5 minutes. Even some of us that are pros will not say that. The best you can say is installation and that will not take into account the necessary settings to set the ball rolling. Plus you need to do a lot of preliminary study to ascertain the goal of the blog. You are given the impression that blogging is that just easy. This is more like the get-rich quick syndrome posts
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by InMyOpinion(m): 8:58am On Apr 19, 2016
[size=15pt]Ever since Linda Ikeji bought her N500m Banana Island mansion, there have been an upsurge in the "HOW TOs" about blogging. if we all become bloggers who's gonna read the blogs na. Guys there are other opportunities out there besides blogging oo. Good luck to the committed, skilled bloggers though.[/size]

1 Like

Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by aqeelah: 9:21am On Apr 19, 2016
what is the benefits
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by Santi222(m): 9:48am On Apr 19, 2016
Lovely post.
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by FreshGuy2(m): 9:50am On Apr 19, 2016
Can one own a blogging site with a mobile phone. I mean is it possible to create blog with Android. Thanks
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by ifyan(m): 10:36am On Apr 19, 2016
Let say the truth for ones.

To create a blog is not the problem but maintaining it plus research work on it is what you have to consider before creating it.

I have been blogging for a year but.......

From personal experience, I don't know about others.
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by tidjane(m): 11:00am On Apr 19, 2016
Pls send me ur contact on my mail tidjane4real@yahoo.com u r my messiah
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by tolaadepej(m): 11:06am On Apr 19, 2016
Pls what's d different between blogging n WordPress
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by Nairadays: 11:21am On Apr 19, 2016
tolaadepej:

Blogging is the art that maintains an ongoing chronicle of information through an online internet based medium like websites, while Wordpress is the platform used for blogging.

Source: https://codex.wordpress.org/Introduction_to_Blogging

1 Like

Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by Donkenzy47(m): 11:29am On Apr 19, 2016
soleexx:
I'm a webDesiging and a Developer...Do I really need to blog?...and I work with dreamwavers
You are indeed a webDesigning. I wonder how websites you design will look like.
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
Creating a blog is easier but maintainning it is harder (thats the truth).
But if you're willing to learn and adapt, then my latest post on HOW TO MAKE A BLOG POPULAR might come handy for you.
Read at www.netsocialblog.com/2016/04/how-to-make-your-new-blog-popular-e.html
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by goverment(m): 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2016
lonelydora:
If this post is true and works, why is everybody not yet famous like Linda?

Same thing as those boys selling books titled "How to be wealthy in 30 minutes"

To be honest with you i know few nigeria that arean authoritative blogger and also famous

it is like comparing Christiana Rolnado and Justin Biebar

linda blog is a model blog and not a tech blog, news blog, seo blog etc

1 Like

Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by goverment(m): 1:17pm On Apr 19, 2016
josephsly:
ok........
so which host is cheaper and better to use with wordpress?
There is no cheap host for wordpress
as for which is better, go to google and review any web host you want
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by goverment(m): 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2016
ifyan:
Let say the truth for ones.

To create a blog is not the problem but maintaining it plus research work on it is what you have to consider before creating it.

I have been blogging for a year but.......

From personal experience, I don't know about others.

you are right, the truth is developing your own way to the top, dat means hard work
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by goverment(m): 1:34pm On Apr 19, 2016
there is one hidden truth about blogging which is Running a company without a staff

if you think you can handle that for start, that mean you wont have problem with blogging because it need consistence, diligence, patience and practise.
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 19, 2016
goverment:
there is one hidden truth about blogging which is Running a company without a staff

if you think you can handle that for start, that mean you wont have problem with blogging because it need consistence, diligence, patience and practise.
can i create a blog with a tablet
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by adeshinaajayi(m): 5:04pm On Apr 19, 2016
mosesabah:
I put off starting a blog for a long time because I thought it would be hard. I thought it would be technical. I thought I'd have to install scripts and tear my hair out getting them to work. At that point, most of what I'd read about blogs and RSS was just so much geek-speak.

Was I ever wrong!

When I finally got the courage to give it a go, I went to blogger.com and signed up for an account. To my amazement, I had a blog set up in about 5 minutes. My first post was uploaded to my site about 10 minutes later.

The only thing even remotely technical I was required to do was enter the FTP settings for the website my blog would be published on. But even that wasn't a requirement. With Blogger, you can set up a blog on their site, , and not even worry about FTP settings.

Since then, I've started 3 Blogger blogs on different sites. Blogger remains one of the most popular blog applications in the world simply because it is so simple to use and set up. If you're a technophobe or don't have the time to learn something completely new, I would urge you to drop by Blogger.com and take a look. You could be blogging - and enjoying the benefits - almost immediately.

Another very simple blogging tool is Wordpress. This blog is my first Wordpress blog, and I'm very impressed with how powerful it is - as well as simple.

Wordpress is installed on your own website, but don't let that stop you. Most hosts that have Cpanel already have Wordpress ready for you to install. Look in your Cpanel for the Fantastico application, click it open, and then choose Wordpress to install. It will automatically install it on your site for you, and you can start blogging right away.

If your host doesn't already include Wordpress in the scripts on your server, you can still pick it up at:

http://wordpress.org/

Then go to the Wordpress Wiki for instructions on how to install it in 5 minutes:

http://wiki.wordpress.org/?pagename=5MinuteInstallation

Wordpress is free, open-source software. It is very simple to install, even for technophobes, and has a lot of online documentation. There are also many sites with free Wordpress add-ons and templates. I'm using a template for this blog that I picked up at Alex King's site:

http://www.alexking.org/index.php?content=software/wordpress/styles.php

The Wordpress Wiki is a wealth of information on all things Wordpress, including installation instructions, help files, a long list of template sites, and all kinds of hacks and extras you can use to modify your blog and make it original.

If you're a Wordpress user, another place to visit is the Wordpress discussion forum:

http://wordpress.org/support/

If you're a new blogger, both Wordpress and Blogger are very user friendly. There isn't a long learning curve. And you won't have to learn any new technical tricks. Why not give one of them a try?
can i do that on my andriod phone?
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by soleexx(m): 5:40pm On Apr 19, 2016
Donkenzy47:

You are indeed a webDesigning. I wonder how websites you design will look like.

Bleep u! Nobody aint perfect
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by soleexx(m): 5:41pm On Apr 19, 2016
nuelzy:
hmmm...u dont need a blog since "u re a 'webdesiging' and a developer" lipsrsealed

Bleep u too! Nobody is above mistake
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by nuelzy: 7:15pm On Apr 19, 2016
soleexx:

Bleep u too! Nobody is above mistake
see vex gringringrincheesy
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by Capableben(m): 9:07am On Apr 21, 2016
mosesabah:
please feel free to drop your questions and i would relied back as i see your comments
How do i Include comment section in my blog and also the place that will enable my guests signu up and be able to drop comments??
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 23, 2016
lonelydora:
If this post is true and works, why is everybody not yet famous like Linda?

Same thing as those boys selling books titled "How to be wealthy in 30 minutes"

this post is Not about Linda nd who said you cant be famous? is in you, so you have to be dedicated nd give your time to it............Make it part of you nd i promise you that sky would be your Limit
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 23, 2016
adeshinaajayi:

yes you can
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by adeshinaajayi(m): 10:53am On May 06, 2016
mosesabah:

yes you can
then please how will i do it?
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 01, 2016
horllamy:

Am also interesting in how to create blogs

I made a post on that
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 16, 2016
adeshinaajayi:

you can do that.......with your Android phone
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 16, 2016
tolaadepej:

Be specific bro, wordpress and Blogger are platforms used for blogging.......so help yourself by defining blogging
Re: How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 16, 2016
aqeelah:
what is the benefits

Sorry are you sure you are human?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing / The Difference Between Dynamic Ip And Static Ip / Website Designing Trends You Should Not Ignore In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.