Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,762 members, 7,802,325 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? (18780 Views)

Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs / How To Tell Your Boss You Disagree / You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by nkemjacob2(m): 10:12am On Mar 25, 2016
My co staff cautioned me, that if i am living this work, i should take my money first before living without giving the managment notice ahead. I work in a school. I have two thoughts in my mind lingering. "if i leave d students just that way, they might be affected cos of their exam, and other staffs who left earlier had d problem of not been paid, or force a struggle before been paid with salary slashed.. And i needed to liv @ end of the month. I told d mangement in particular am leaving notifying them month ahead. Behold i was not paid.... "Unitl they find my replacement nd consider to pay. My salary went on a journey of no return. D question is, is it good to collect ur salary without informing ur boss b4 leaving or notify them ahead which is better?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by delishpot: 10:18am On Mar 25, 2016
Take action based on how the authority treats teachers who were sincere and played by the book.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Valmesk(m): 10:35am On Mar 25, 2016
nkemjacob2:
My co staff cautioned me, that if i am living this work, i should take my money first before living without giving the managment notice ahead. I work in a school. I have two thoughts in my mind lingering. "if i leave d students just that way, they might be affected cos of their exam, and other staffs who left earlier had d problem of not been paid, or force a struggle before been paid with salary slashed.. And i needed to liv @ end of the month. I told d mangement in particular am leaving notifying them month ahead. Behold i was not paid.... "Unitl they find my replacement nd consider to pay. My salary went on a journey of no return. D question is, is it good to collect ur salary without informing ur boss b4 leaving or notify them ahead which is better?
It depends on the clause by clause agreement you accepted on your offer letter before accepting the job,most jobs categorically state that you must give them at least a month notice to your resignation,it is honorable to give a resignation letter before exiting from your job because in future a firm might want to run a background check on the previous places you have worked,but many firms take it personal and feel disgruntled when you offer them your resignation letter even a month before resigning.As for me always give at least a month notice before resigning.If the salary they are owing is that much,it depends on you either to forfeit it or pursue your entitlement and emolument for the month they refused to pay due to your resignation.There are relevant bodies that will help you get your pay after assessing the normal mutual consent between you and your former firm with respect to your pay.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Cutehector(m): 12:20pm On Mar 25, 2016
If it's a school, or any other low pay grade establishment, pls and pls, never make d mistake of revealing u want to resign.. just take ur mudafvkin money and leave.

51 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 25, 2016
Cutehector:
If it's a school, or any other low pay grade establishment, pls and pls, never make d mistake of revealing u want to resign.. just take ur mudafvkin money and leave.

Cutehector againnnn grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Cutehector(m): 1:11pm On Mar 25, 2016
dazzle101:

Cutehector againnnn grin grin grin
what I do nau? shocked
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
Cutehector:
what I do nau? shocked

Nothing grin
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Cutehector(m): 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2016
dazzle101:

Nothing grin
phew dats wad dey all say wen dey afraid..
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by ShakurM(m): 3:24pm On Mar 25, 2016
I know that no matter the oyibo wey I speak to give you advice, na wetin you get for mind you go do last last. You fit don resign sef. I no dey talk angry

6 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by LivingGod22: 3:25pm On Mar 25, 2016
It is more matured to tell the appropriate authority about your exit!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Chanchit: 3:25pm On Mar 25, 2016
I remember the first job I did after leaving secondary school, I was so bored, immediately collected my salary, I just went outside, they thought I wanted to go and buy something, na house get me direct I spent 14days on the job.

16 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by northvietnam(m): 3:26pm On Mar 25, 2016
V
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by vicchi12(f): 3:26pm On Mar 25, 2016
Cutehector:

I like that boldness...seghsy!

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 3:26pm On Mar 25, 2016
take ur money and write resignment letter

2 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by marsoden: 3:26pm On Mar 25, 2016
I hope it's not English that you are teaching? That language just got murdered and buried by you.

15 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by scampy(m): 3:27pm On Mar 25, 2016
It is good.
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 25, 2016
In Fact give him a month Notice.

I hope u are not a teacher there?

Your English is very bad.

Leaving... .... . Not living .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Bitterleafsoup: 3:28pm On Mar 25, 2016
Recently I switched jobs. I gave my resignation on pay day after I had a new job.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Mosb(m): 3:28pm On Mar 25, 2016
BLACKPANTHER has the answer
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by DICKtator: 3:29pm On Mar 25, 2016
This is hilarious!!

Who takes his/her salary and leave without giving prior notice?

What did/does your job contract say?

Nigeria is just a "anything goes country"

Try that in the so-called "civilised" country and see if you don't get sue and or "white" listed!!!!!

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by olatex25(m): 3:31pm On Mar 25, 2016
I will advice u when $1 = #1.... come may 29 2019..... for now nothing to yarn
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by sandraokosun: 3:32pm On Mar 25, 2016
boss don baff, unless u both got a frdnship going that has gotte personal.

if nt most niaja bosses are capitalist, business and profit comes first to them, and they wont be giving u a salary when they knw u got ur eyes fixed somewhereelse.

to be safer dont tell the boss untill u have started the new job orelse ur village people fit succed to disconnet ur call and get u stranded on both ends
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by latecarrot: 3:32pm On Mar 25, 2016
Considering your poor grammar, I pray you are not a teacher at the school.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Cultured(m): 3:32pm On Mar 25, 2016
OP

I don't want to believe that you teach English in that school. All the same, try to iron out things with your employer's. It's always better to live on the offensive side of the world than to live on the defensive side of the world- this is one major secret of happy and long living life.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 25, 2016
You are a teacher? I hope say no be English you dey teach sha.

If it's one of those small organisations that pay salary inside brown envelope, my brother collect your salary and disappear.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Josephnice: 3:33pm On Mar 25, 2016
nkemjacob2:

to me this question look dumb. How can an adult ask such childish question in this very situation?
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 25, 2016
Thos private schs are always like dat. Well if telling them u will resign would withold ur salary then u don't haveto tell dem but iif u've been working there for long and there are benefits fo such long workers, then tell them so u can have ur benefits in full. However if u knw there's no special benefit and d salary isn't something to write home abt, just keep quiet till u leave in peace and with ur complete salary.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 25, 2016
Cutehector:

Mudafukin you dey vex?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My First Week As Teacher / Agricultural Enginering Companies In Nigeria / I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.