Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police (34206 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Welcomed By Kano Residents While On Condolence Visit (Photos) / Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' / Statement By Kano Government About The Woman Murdered For Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by sevule(m): 6:54pm On Mar 25, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

For someone who had been a prolific contributor on this forum, you are showing a surprising degree of ignorance on this matter.
The constitution guarantees every citizen the right to freedom of religion, Sharia being a right for Muslims, Hisba Police a tool of enforcement within same for Muslims and State Houses of Assemblies as necessary means for states to enact appropriate laws relevant and suitable/peculiar to them for the over all common good of their ppl - all of which are well accommodated within the Nigerian constitution; though this may not stop many hard-line bigots from being in denial and spreading their misconceived perspective on the matter even after they had failed to successfully challenge or have it overturned by the supreme court.

You sound reasonable so I am going to try to reason with you. First of all THERE IS NO provision for Sharia in our federal constitution so your argument is flawed. What happened was that the ex Zamfara governor brought in Sharia via the backdoor and the government did nothing to stop it. That said Sharia is probably here to stay and there is not much that can be done

Secondly and MOST IMPORTANTLY Sharia should ONLY BE APPLICABLE to muslims!!! If i do not identify as a muslim and I reside in a Sharia state, then NO ONE has the right to judge me under Sharia laws because I am not a muslim.

Apparently nobody asked the girls that were rounded up if they were muslims and they were judged using Sharia law which is
AN INFRINGEMENT of their basic human rights.

Once again i would paraphrase what you said - Sharia being a right for Muslims. Since Sharia is a right for muslims, RESTRICT it to muslims and muslims alone, SIMPLE!

1 Like

Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 25, 2016
And those men are the people who partronise thos hoes.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by noblegrex: 6:54pm On Mar 25, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

No offense, but that's exactly why most of your women are gold digging trollops.
ahahahahaha! Se who's talking.your comments clearly tell or represent you people. Pretence.bloody pretence everywhere. What about your own women.see guy! Your lack of exposure is affecting you. Its not all about religion or tribe. EXPOSURE is the word.you need to be exposed. What about your own women, infact,you made me laugh. Women are thesam all over the WORLD just some slight differences.infact,your own women are worst. You see them cover their heads but do worst. I've dated them and I still have one.so don't even go there.you see them shouting wayooo alah! Wayooo,alla, alhaji do allah mana In pleasure during sex and there you're.what's about the arest.with your guys invole in rape. See all I see is that you lack exposure. You need to travle places before you talk.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
noblegrex:
ahahahahaha! Se who's talking.your comments clearly tell or represent you people. Pretence.bloody pretence everywhere. What about your own women.see guy! Your lack of exposure is affecting you. Its not all about religion or tribe. EXPOSURE is the word.you need to be exposed. What about your own women, infact,you made me laugh. Women are thesam all over the WORLD just some slight differences.infact,your own women are worst. You see them cover their heads but do worst. I've dated them and I still have one.so don't even go there.you see them shouting wayooo alah! Wayooo,alla, alhaji do allah mana I'm pleasure during sex and there you're.what's about the arest.with your guys invole in rape. See all I see is that you lack exposure. You need to travle places before you talk.

One thing discredits your statement. See here's the thing, theres no core northern girl classless enough to speak to you let alone have an intimate relationship with a plonker like you. But yes women are the same yet I can stand tall and say our women have better ethics than yours, it's a statistical fact.

2 Likes

Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by sevule(m): 7:02pm On Mar 25, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

If you are soo narrow minded and dim witted to use one country as an example then you have no business airing issues with me. What about Ethiopia which has a christian majority but still has Sharia for Muslims? What about Lebanon? If you can't accommodate or respect the beliefs and respects of others then that's your problem to deal with. We are not Egypt, nor are we Egyptians. You can go and rear whatever brand of prostitutes in your states you please. Not in ours. It seems even western education can't save you animals from being animals because you don't know what to do with it. I reiterate your statement, if you can't respond intelligently then do what you should have done in the first place, shut the fvck up!

You have resorted to using foul language to get your point across? I would not stoop down to such demeaning depths but since you mentioned Ethiopia, Read the below from Wikipedia on Sharia in Ethiopia and take note of the words in italics

Sharia courts have jurisdiction on cases regarding marriage, divorce, maintenance, guardianship of minors (only if both parties are Muslims). Also included are cases concerning waqfs, gifts, succession, or wills, provided that donor is a Muslim or deceased was a Muslim at time of death

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_of_sharia_law_by_country

Even in Ethiopia, they recognize that Sharia should only be RESTRICTED TO MUSLIMS! What we are saying is that Sharia should be FOR MUSLIMS AND MUSLIMS ALONE! The Sharia police DO NOT have any rights where non muslims are involved plain and simple!
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by loomer: 7:03pm On Mar 25, 2016
Kano no get nigeria police again? Na so so sharia police and sharia court.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Teeboy22(m): 7:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
loomer:
Kano no get nigeria police again? Na so so sharia police and sharia court.

Abi oo..... No police again for kano o

Come help dem out na
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by noblegrex: 7:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

One thing discredits your statement. See here's the thing, theres no core northern girl classless enough to speak to you let alone have an intimate relationship with a plonker like you. But yes women are the same but I can stand tall and say our women have better ethics than yours, it's a statistical fact.
well, I can see how dull you're. And people like you can't be wise cos all you think is that you know best ant that's one of you peoples' traits. You're not ready to learn. Either your women, or my women na you sabi. None of my bussiness.everyone came to this life and has his/her life to leave. I can sense a very sentimental kid you're and I'm not in the right mood to waiste time on you cos super Eagles just spoilt my mood. For your information,the lady I'm dating is called BILKIS that's what I call her. Maybe that's the right spelling I don't want to know. I gave her 2K last week.you can go and drink rat poison.ahahahaahah. My advise for you BOY; you need. Exposure.so that you'll get out of this darkness you're.100%MUMU
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
sevule:

You have resorted to using foul language to get your point across? I would not stoop down to such demeaning depths but since you mentioned Ethiopia, Read the below from Wikipedia on Sharia in Ethiopia and take note of the words in italics

Sharia courts have jurisdiction on cases regarding marriage, divorce, maintenance, guardianship of minors (only if both parties are Muslims). Also included are cases concerning waqfs, gifts, succession, or wills, provided that donor is a Muslim or deceased was a Muslim at time of death

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_of_sharia_law_by_country

Even in Ethiopia, they recognize that Sharia should only be RESTRICTED TO MUSLIMS! What we are saying is that Sharia should be FOR MUSLIMS AND MUSLIMS ALONE! The Sharia police DO NOT have any rights where non muslims are involved plain and simple!

First of all, surely you're not naive enough to use Wikipedia as a source are you? secondly, i agree with you, it should apply to muslims only as it is. and incase you never knew, prostitution is illegal in all states, these women were not prosecuted by a sharia court rather arrested by a legal security agency for a crime, theres a difference.

1 Like

Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by elopee3000(m): 7:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
dimade1:
While all northerners are muslims
we in the south dont care about northerners they can be guru maharaji if they they care, our only problem with north they re taking nigerians back ward angry angry angry angry
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
elopee3000:
we in the south dont care about northerners they can be guru maharaji if they they care, our only problem with north they re taking nigerians back ward angry angry angry angry

Yeah, because we come to your houses everyday and tie your feet. mo.ron.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by loomer: 7:22pm On Mar 25, 2016
Teeboy22:

Abi oo..... No police again for kano o

Come help dem out na

I send dem
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by sexyboy193: 7:23pm On Mar 25, 2016
The fault is all from their parents. I dont know Y parents will not do everything in their capacity to ensure quality education for their children most especially females. Govt school is dere for dem if dey cant afford private schools. Immorality should be curbed in our society.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by WeNigerDelta: 7:23pm On Mar 25, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

For someone who had been a prolific contributor on this forum, you are showing a surprising degree of ignorance on this matter.
The constitution guarantees every citizen the right to freedom of religion, Sharia being a right for Muslims, Hisba Police a tool of enforcement within same for Muslims and State Houses of Assemblies as necessary means for states to enact appropriate laws relevant and suitable/peculiar to them for the over all common good of their ppl - all of which are well accommodated within the Nigerian constitution; though this may not stop many hard-line bigots from being in denial and spreading their misconceived perspective on the matter even after they had failed to successfully challenge or have it overturned by the supreme court.

Nigeria as a country has one police force. The NPF, there is no constitutional amendment that has made room for any other kind of police either religious, state or otherwise.
If you're saying state assemblies are allowed to make laws providing their own police based on religious reasons. Then everyone else should be allowed to do it for whatever reason they believe.

1 Like

Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Ikechu12781: 7:26pm On Mar 25, 2016
hinwazaka:

About 23 of them are yorubas and the rest are kanuris
http://dailypost.ng/2016/03/05/naptip-arrests-woman-for-trafficking-over-100-girls-to-libya-for-prostitution/

Even though I don't like Yoloba people but STOP LYING!!!!!. That's a completely a different story from the one OP posted. You think we can't read eeh?

When will you ppl accept your bad deeds just when?

We all know Northerners are just as ashawo as South girls. I mean the biggest Nigerian two sluts I know in my school...the chicks have slept with everything walking..I don't think there's any dude in our click that havent had these chicks...and guess what? Both of them are hausa...well one of them is hausa, Edo and fulani mix at least according to her. Even in Nollywood, most of the northern girls play in English Nollywood movie are slutty as heck. ..I mean Mercy Johnson was known for her slutty behavior in movies.

Abeg...move away from that "na others dey do am". Abeg, spare us from that rubbish
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 25, 2016
noblegrex:
well, I can see how dull you're. And people like you can't be wise cos all you think is that you know best ant that's one of you peoples' traits. You're not ready to learn. Either your women, or my women na you sabi. None of my bussiness.everyone came to this life and has his/her life to leave. I can sense a very sentimental kid you're and I'm not in the right mood to waiste time on you cos super Eagles just spoilt my mood. For your information,the lady I'm dating is called BILKIS that's what I call her. Maybe that's the right spelling I don't want to know. I gave her 2K last week.you can go and drink rat poison.ahahahaahah. My advise for you BOY; you need. Exposure.so that you'll get out of this darkness you're.100%MUMU

Hard to read with all the grammatical and spelling errors but i think the point is you're willing to admit to being a womanizing, hooker patronizing wa.nker just to prove a point and i think that says a lot about you.

1 Like

Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Ikechu12781: 7:30pm On Mar 25, 2016
Personally I think the whole sharia police should be removed. What they have sharia police for? I understand trying to implement their religion teaching in their society..that's understandable. But what about those that aren't Muslim...are they going to be forced to follow a religious teaching that does not pertain to them. Until Christianity is eradicated out of Nigeria...which will Never happen..no matter how much the north wants it, they should respect others religious belief like others do theirs. Sharia policing shouldn't even be there to respect the Christians and other religion that's in that stats
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 25, 2016
Ikechu12781:

Even though I don't like Yoloba people but STOP LYING!!!!!. That's a completely a different story from the one OP posted. You think we can't read eeh?

When will you ppl accept your bad deeds just when?

We all know Northerners are just as ashawo as South girls. I mean the biggest Nigerian two sluts I know in my school...the chicks have slept with everything walking..I don't think there's any dude in our click that havent had these chicks...and guess what? Both of them are hausa...well one of them is hausa, Edo and fulani mix at least according to her. Even in Nollywood, most of the northern girls play in English Nollywood movie are slutty as heck. ..I mean Mercy Johnson was known for her slutty behavior in movies.

Abeg...move away from that "na others dey do am". Abeg, spare us from that rubbish

lol! you love bragging about sleeping with hausa girls and it always baffles me but now i understand why. its really funny what your definition of a hausa girl is, for a start mercy johnson is as far from hausa as you are. you need to learn more about geography and ethnicity. btw, fulani+edo? lol! lady must be a bigger liar than paul.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 25, 2016
Ikechu12781:
Personally I think the whole sharia police should be removed. What they have sharia police for? I understand trying to implement their religion teaching in their society..that's understandable. But what about those that aren't Muslim...are they going to be forced to follow a religious teaching that does not pertain to them. Until Christianity is eradicated out of Nigeria...which will Never happen..no matter how much the north wants it, they should respect others religious belief like others do theirs. Sharia policing shouldn't even be there to respect the Christians and other religion that's in that stats

So prostitution is a part of christianity. noted.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:33pm On Mar 25, 2016
sevule:

You sound reasonable so I am going to try to reason with you. First of all THERE IS NO provision for Sharia in our federal constitution so your argument is flawed. What happened was that the ex Zamfara governor brought in Sharia via the backdoor and the government did nothing to stop it. That said Sharia is probably here to stay and there is not much that can be done

Secondly and MOST IMPORTANTLY Sharia should ONLY BE APPLICABLE to muslims!!! If i do not identify as a muslim and I reside in a Sharia state, then NO ONE has the right to judge me under Sharia laws because I am not a muslim.

Apparently nobody asked the girls that were rounded up if they were muslims and they were judged using Sharia law which is
AN INFRINGEMENT of their basic human rights.

Once again i would paraphrase what you said - Sharia being a right for Muslims. Since Sharia is a right for muslims, RESTRICT it to muslims and muslims alone, SIMPLE!

You are once again showing the ignorance that I had already mentioned; the constitution comfortably accommodates Sharia under freedom of rights to religion because Sharia is a way of life for Muslims and Muslims are constitutionally guaranteed to practice their religion.

Secondly, you are also wrong to presume that Sharia is being applied on everybody because Sharia as practiced in Nigeria exclusively applies only to Muslims - non-Muslims are not affected.

Thirdly, you forgot that every state is empowered to make additional laws through it's HOA for the common good of its citizen which once passed becomes binding on all residents within its jurisdiction, irrespective of culture, religion etc, provided that such law does not contradict the constitution.
For example; the current law in Kano against the sale and consumption of alcohol was legitimately passed through the above process but non-Muslims ignorantly or mischievously assumed it was as part Sharia in the state.
You may recall same prohibition laws were passed in many states in the USA in the 1930s to curb the problem of alcoholism and its attendant issues.

Lastly, there is nowhere in Nigeria where prostitution is legal, the arrest of prostitutes in Kano is therefore legally and morally correct - irrespective of who were arrested, whether Christians or Muslims.
Moreover, the approach was commendably humane, more correctional than punitive because only those whose parents refused to claim them were to be prosecuted.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Adaowerri111: 7:35pm On Mar 25, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Sabon gari in kano is mostly occupied by southerners dumbo.

Mumu read properly before quoting me did I lay emphasis on who dominates where or kano as a state
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Ikechu12781: 7:35pm On Mar 25, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

lol! you love bragging about sleeping with hausa girls and it always baffles me but now i understand why. its really funny what your definition of a hausa girl is, for a start mercy johnson is as far from hausa as you are. you need to learn more about geography and ethnicity. btw, fulani+edo? lol! lady must be a bigger liar than paul.

I like bragging about sleeping with hausa girl? Who the f2k are you talking about cause I know for sure it ain't me. Apart from this thread, POST any other post from me where I talked about sleeping with hausa girls. I'll be waiting.

As for her ethnicity...idk. all I know she told me her father was hausa and her mother is Fulani and Edo mixed. Na her family, na her life.

Btw: I said Northerners, I didn't specify Hausa alone. I only talked about the two hausa girls in my school. Mercy Johnson is not Hausa, we all know that, but she's a Northerner. Learn to read and comprehend
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 7:38pm On Mar 25, 2016
The surprising thing is that most prostitutes in kano are hausa girls and 70% are of their customers are indigenes of the state especially in Abadie,Sanyolu and Sanigiwa streets all in sabongari . The shari'a Guys did what they know how to do best. Kudos to them
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by noblegrex: 7:40pm On Mar 25, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Hard to read with all the grammatical and spelling errors but i think the point is you're willing to admit to being a womanizing, hooker patronizing wa.nker just to prove a point and i think that says a lot about you.
it doesn't matter who I am.I guess it has nothing to do with you elf.the facts still remains that you're still a baby. You need to grow up. Explore life and see things everywhere. LIFE is not all about what you heard or see in you precinct alone. You've got to be exposed KID.that's what we call CIVILIZATION. For you to know the difference in some fruits,you need to test them. Like orange,tangerin,biter lemon,grape etc then you can make judgement. You can't just sit in your mums room and said them say. Ahahahah. As for my structures, grammer and choice of words in English, bring your entire life to me. I'll teach them.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Ikechu12781: 7:40pm On Mar 25, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

So prostitution is a part of christianity. noted.

I never said that. Prostitution is illegal every where. I'm talking about Sharia law in general. We all know the reason sharia policing was put in was to implement the sharia law which the Christians do not follow therefore, it's forcing them to follow a law that does not attribute to them.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 25, 2016
Ikechu12781:

I like bragging about sleeping with hausa girl? Who the f2k are you talking about cause I know for sure it ain't me. Apart from this thread, POST any other post from me where I talked about sleeping with hausa girls. I'll be waiting.

As for her ethnicity...idk. all I know she told me her father was hausa and her mother is Fulani and Edo mixed. Na her family, na her life.

Btw: I said Northerners, I didn't specify Hausa alone. I only talked about the two hausa girls in my school. Mercy Johnson is not Hausa, we all know that, but she's a Northerner. Learn to read and comprehend

Im talking about you alone, i'm talking about southerners in general. if you dont believe me just read the thread. The word hausa is being misused these days, and i think some northerners are adding to it by calling themselves that when they are not. as for the "mixed" lady i believe the fault must be from the mother since mothers are in charge of training. in that case you stated the mothers ethnicity did you not?
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 25, 2016
Ikechu12781:

I never said that. Prostitution is illegal every where. I'm talking about Sharia law in general. We all know the reason sharia policing was put in was to implement the sharia law which the Christians do not follow therefore, it's forcing them to follow a law that does not attribute to them.

how is it forcing any christian to follow? has there been any case of that? again, these girls were arrested, not prosecuted!
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by tonychristopher: 7:43pm On Mar 25, 2016
codemaniacs:

True federalism was abolished by an igbo man.

Let's assume that what you are saying is true

Why not re establish it
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:44pm On Mar 25, 2016
WeNigerDelta:

Nigeria as a country has one police force. The NPF, there is no constitutional amendment that has made room for any other kind of police either religious, state or otherwise.
If you're saying state assemblies are allowed to make laws providing their own police based on religious reasons. Then everyone else should be allowed to do it for whatever reason they believe.

Pls go and consult constitutional lawyers; there are many of them (SANs) at your disposal or any Christian organisation e.g. CAN and pls pls go and challenge it at the supreme court - its as simple as that; otherwise kindly stop arguing about what you clearly do not understand.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 25, 2016
noblegrex:
it doesn't matter who I am.I guess it has nothing to do with you elf.the facts still remains that you're still a baby. You need to grow up. Explore life and see things everywhere. LIFE is not all about what you heard or see in you precinct alone. You've got to be exposed KID.that's what we call CIVILIZATION. For you to know the difference in some fruits,you need to test them. Like orange,tangerin,biter lemon,grape etc then you can make judgement. You can't just sit in your mums room and said them say. Ahahahah. As for my structures, grammer and choice of words in English, bring your entire life to me. I'll teach them.

LOL! little smooth friend, i assure you the distance i have travelled in search of knowledge or otherwise is enough for a few lifetimes, so dont lecture me about "exposure".

And what in the name of the wee man does this mean?

[s]"As for my structures, grammer and choice of words in English, bring your entire life to me. I'll teach them."?[/s]
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Ikechu12781: 7:48pm On Mar 25, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Im talking about you alone, i'm talking about southerners in general. if you dont believe me just read the thread. The word hausa is being misused these days, and i think some northerners are adding to it by calling themselves that when they are not. as for the "mixed" lady i believe the fault must be from the mother since mothers are in charge of training. in that case you stated the mothers ethnicity did you not?

I don't defend sluts so I'm not even going to waste my time defending an ashawo to you. Like I said earlier: na her family, na her life. It no fit concern me. If you want to throw her away and push the blame to her mother, na your own headache.

All I was passing out to..una need to stop the whole passing blame to southern tribes. We all know the Northerners are just as slutty as South girls. No question about that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fayose Campaigns For Eyitayo Jegede In Ondo (Photos) / We Will Protect Refineries And Pipelines: Fulani Group / What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.