Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,588 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police (34219 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Welcomed By Kano Residents While On Condolence Visit (Photos) / Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' / Statement By Kano Government About The Woman Murdered For Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by hokafor(m): 8:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
I hope the ragtag sharia scouts will not endup rapeing the callgirls or force them into marriages. Iol
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Rallyman: 9:07pm On Mar 25, 2016
Arresting them is OK!! But who are the promoters? Have been in sabon Gari for long and have seen all these... Men who claim to be Muslims and Christians patronize them... So the law shouldn't have any restrictions if u are Arresting the girls, they should also arrest the boys and it should be constitutional. We say yes to moralities and NO to immoralities.

Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by austin2all: 9:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

Is that right?
Maybe you are pained because this spells bad market for your 99.9% sisters in the trade as per your Dilector and equally confirmed by Rochas
http://www.cknnigeria.com/2014/03/igbos-now-produce-more-prostitutes-than.html

If giving room to prostitution curbs some of the problems you mentioned then why is the SE still the crime capital of the country?

https://www.nairaland.com/1490894/se-crime-capital-nigeria-survey

As for barbarism, we all know where the worst kind exist
you are not yet matured to quote me my dear. go back to school.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:14pm On Mar 25, 2016
sevule:

I appreciate your comments Sir but I would appreciate it even more if you can stop referring to me as ignorant

Until you can show where our constitution explicitly allows Sharia, I stand by what I earlier said that there is no provision for Sharia in our constitution hence it is unconstitutional. However it could also be argued that the constitution does not prohibit Sharia.

Please read the article again. The Sharia police arrested the women and did not ask if they were muslim before they sentenced them. Let us not pretend that non muslims are NOT affected by Sharia

This is the first time that i am hearing that the ban on alcohol was passed before Sharia was implemented. I am not sure what the law states so I cannot comment on this

I completely agree that prostitution is illegal but the ONLY authority empowered to make an arrest in Nigeria is the Nigeria Police Force. Hence the Sharia Police CANNOT and SHOULD NOT arrest non muslims. They can draw the attention of the police to the women in question and let the police handle the arrest.

It is important that we keep morals separate from the law because they are 2 different things. Your morals as a muslim is different from the morals of an African traditional worshiper but we are all governed by the law of the land

Caught pants down, so SEVULE is one of your other Monikers?

The word ignorant as applied within the current context was not insulting nor intended to be so - but simply as someone not aware of a relevant information.

The constitution is not explicit concerning everything but leaves certain things subject to interpretation - one of the reasons we have our judiciary.
As at now, a little research wouldn't do any harm (google is your friend) and by the same token you could as well show me where it explicitly bans Sharia or even permits the practice of Christianity.

If you accept that prostitution is illegal then why do you have an issue with the arrests?
You are already running ahead of yourself, pls show me where the article confirmed any sentencing - except suggesting that only those unclaimed by their parents would prosecuted i.e. prosecution yet to happen let alone judgement and sentencing.

Wrong, police not the only one empowered to effect arrest; have you ever heard of citizens arrest?
It means even you and me can do so as the need may arise provided the culprit and crime are handed over/reported to the police.
You shouldn't forget also that the Sharia police (Hisba) is not existing in a vacuum but backed by a state law consistent with the federal constitution - that is why it is still operating unchallenged up to now.

Finally, its impossible to separate morals from our laws because laws not only aim to uphold and protect rights but also promote good behavior consistent with the over all norms and values, principally religious, cultural and universal standards drawn from the ppl it is to serve.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by iyb(m): 9:21pm On Mar 25, 2016
Ikechu12781:

Again..which of your philosophy did I speak against? I said una should respect the Christians and other religious groups in that state by removing something that also goes after them despite they don't follow the law they are enforcing. How is that going against your philosophy?

Or is it me talking about northern girls being slutty too? As i said earlier all iwas passing out is thar..una need to stop the whole passing blame to southern tribes. We all know the Northerners are just as slutty as South girls. No question about that. I was addressing that comment to the dude that blamed yorubas women using an article that's completely different from what the OP posted
Lies northern girls are not as slurry as south girls the percentage of prostitutes from the south is higher than those from the north even in brothels found in Northern states get ur facts right
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:25pm On Mar 25, 2016
KanoAbiaBabe:

Offended ke. You are sounding pained because I said the truth.

Truth be say dem spoil market for you - kpele, sorry oOH!
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:31pm On Mar 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Kano Hisbah police? This is like operating a parallel police outfit. I think something is wrong.

We have laws, our law grants freedom of movement, why should a group of young ladies be arrested by an illegal police outfit simply because they were seen in a hotel?

I think the Sharia code of Northern Nigeria need to be reviewed to align with our constitution or the country should grant full powers to regions to regulate their societies.

Release the young ladies...
Was born and brot up in d South! Am aware Police constantly raid hotels where possible prostitution take place! Stop being hypocritical!
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by veave(f): 9:36pm On Mar 25, 2016
I don't get. So Nigerian police no longer arrests anymore, it's now sharia police? My eyes will not see my ears in this country... so we are now practicing full Islamic govt in Nigeria?
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by ehinmowo: 9:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
d law says dt there shall be only one police for the federation and shall be known as NPF........

Kano govt and his Sharia goons are breaking the law
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

Caught pants down, so SEVULE is one of your other Monikers?

The word ignorant as applied within the current context was not insulting nor intended to be so - but simply as someone not aware of a relevant information.

The constitution is not explicit concerning everything but leaves certain things subject to interpretation - one of the reasons we have our judiciary.
As at now, a little research wouldn't do any harm (google is your friend) and by the same token you could as well show me where it explicitly bans Sharia or even permits the practice of Christianity.

If you accept that prostitution is illegal then why do you have an issue with the arrests?
You are already running ahead of yourself, pls show me where the article confirmed any sentencing - except suggesting that only those unclaimed by their parents would prosecuted i.e. prosecution yet to happen let alone judgement and sentencing.

Wrong, police not the only one empowered to effect arrest; have you ever heard of citizens arrest?
It means even you and me can do so as the need may arise provided the culprit and crime are handed over/reported to the police.
You shouldn't forget also that the Sharia police (Hisba) is not existing in a vacuum but backed by a state law consistent with the federal constitution - that is why it is still operating unchallenged up to now.

Finally, its impossible to separate morals from our laws because laws not only aim to uphold and protect rights but also promote good behavior consistent with the over all norms and values, principally religious, cultural and universal standards drawn from the ppl it is to serve.
Spot on! Tell those hypocrites!
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Irore: 9:46pm On Mar 25, 2016
Lawprince:

Are you claiming that the immoral acts the girls were arrested for are Christian practices? When will "change" come and give some of you common sense?

Jesus said,let anyone who has not sinned cast the first stone.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by DMLords: 9:52pm On Mar 25, 2016
flexshop:
When would Christian states have Christian police? So anyone doing ablution in public places would be arrested? undecided angry

Bros, are you really a Christian? So immorality is now synonymous to Christianity as ablution is to Islam.

I am a Christian and I demand you apologize for that insinuation.

True Christians are supposed to be holy like their father in heaven is!
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 25, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

No ones stopping you
You think your people will not start cutting peoples heads if that starts.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by flexshop(m): 10:05pm On Mar 25, 2016
DMLords:

Bros, are you really a Christian? So immorality is now synonymous to Christianity as ablution is to Islam.

I am a Christian and I demand you apologize for that insinuation.

True Christians are supposed to be holy like their father in heaven is!

I owe no one no apology bro. What I. Said was. Not based on morality but legality.
By the way in America, open prayer in public places are banned.
It was just an analogy
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by ministeriallist: 10:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
delishpot:
Dem no arrest any client?
Clients arresting prostitutes. The height of hypocrisy

2 Likes

Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by iyb(m): 10:16pm On Mar 25, 2016
drss:
falacy of sharia police. religious organization supported with state funds. yet oda states in d con3 ar denied states police of their own sad unfortunately some gullibles for south no know say dis act by kano na statement say sharia law is superior to zoo constitution. Only in a zoo wey states select which constitution to obey n which to disregard. northern pipul do not regard d constitution but some mumus down south ar suppressed with d same zoo constitution wey dem ab.okis despise. n u dey shout one nigeria. is dis wat una call one nijeriya wey some states for north get states police n oda ar not allowed for have state police no be animal farm be dis tufiakwa!!!
anyway, wat is d goal of sharia police to stamp out immorality state stamping out immorality from citizens in dis modern era why dem arrest teenage girls but leftout men wey dem patronize dem for hotel
Rubbish.
who told you that hisbah board is a state police and what's your problem with what Kano state does with their money. if Kano decides to keep hisbah board its their choice i don't hear Kano guys complaining but here you are angry because prostitutes were arrested now that's odd undecided.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by WeNigerDelta: 10:21pm On Mar 25, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Was born and brot up in d South! Am aware Police constantly raid hotels where possible prostitution take place! Stop being hypocritical!

You still don't get it...Those in the south were arrested and are still getting arrested by the Nigerian Police Force. Not the Christian Police or Southern Police Force.
Itsmeaboki, I agree I might be igronant. So how about you give me a link or something that shows any other kind of police is allowed to enforce the law...
There has been no kind of amendment to my knowledge that allows for a religious police...States laws don't override federal law, when in anything, talk less of enforcing laws and policing...
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by iyb(m): 10:22pm On Mar 25, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

Is that right?
Maybe you are pained because this spells bad market for your 99.9% sisters in the trade as per your Dilector and equally confirmed by Rochas
http://www.cknnigeria.com/2014/03/igbos-now-produce-more-prostitutes-than.html

If giving room to prostitution curbs some of the problems you mentioned then why is the SE still the crime capital of the country?

https://www.nairaland.com/1490894/se-crime-capital-nigeria-survey

As for barbarism, we all know where the worst kind exist
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by iyb(m): 10:26pm On Mar 25, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

One thing discredits your statement. See here's the thing, theres no core northern girl classless enough to speak to you let alone have an intimate relationship with a plonker like you. But yes women are the same yet I can stand tall and say our women have better ethics than yours, it's a statistical fact.
Statistical Fact Mathematics Doesn't Lie grin

1 Like

Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by suyamasta(m): 10:36pm On Mar 25, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

People smoke for the same reason they drink coffee. Don't get me wrong, they're both very bad addictive habits but they don't mess with your senses. I'm just saying alcohol gets you drunk and drunk people do all kinds of things. They're not in their senses afterall.
you are wrong on that, its only excessive drinking thats harmful to society or individuals! i drink responsibly when i can sometimes! yet iv never felt senseless! there is no justification for religious supremacy
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Adaowerri111: 11:13pm On Mar 25, 2016
ATajur:

all d gals that arrested is igbo gals not hausa

We are saying the same thing, regardless of tribes the state is inhabited by prostitutes
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by VajanahDischaj(f): 2:51am On Mar 26, 2016
flexshop:
When would Christian states have Christian police? So anyone doing ablution in public places would be arrested? undecided angry
what are you trying to say please?
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Nobody: 6:21am On Mar 26, 2016
suyamasta:
you are wrong on that, its only excessive drinking thats harmful to society or individuals! i drink responsibly when i can sometimes! yet iv never felt senseless! there is no justification for religious supremacy

Not everyone has your restraint.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Nobody: 6:22am On Mar 26, 2016
Mekwen:
You think your people will not start cutting peoples heads if that starts.

Now we'll never know will we?
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by olayinka63: 7:26am On Mar 26, 2016
flexshop:
So you are saying that prostitution is part of Christianity?
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by olayinka63: 7:30am On Mar 26, 2016
LoveJesus87:
Sharia police? Hope theirs or legs wont be cut as punishment sha? because dis sharia na babaric law nt 4 democracy
So democracy law that kill thieves of lower class and spare thieves of higher class is the best? Sharia is beyond cutting arms go and learn about it. There are procedures before you can cut arm if any of these procedures fail no arm is cut. Democratic law encourage immortals which you don't think about. Forget sentiment.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by CopyLearner: 8:03am On Mar 26, 2016
Charles4075:
Make those police leave matter for mattias. Na today yansh dey back As if dem nor corrupt too. But those girls sha, their own dey their body ohhh. Una nor go respect unaselves abi Dem for cut one of una breast so that una go learn
When their alhajis have been bleeping them since age 9 and divorced them at age 12, what do you expect?
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by CopyLearner: 8:07am On Mar 26, 2016
laris:

Sounds more like the girls have just been rescued. You don't have to insult a religious concept , maybe some men but not the institution.
Rescued and there's talk of prosecution? Come on
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by CopyLearner: 8:22am On Mar 26, 2016
carinmom:

You are the one who is funny, how does fighting crime equates to harassment?
For God sake the girls in question are young girls who should not be there in the first place.
This is the main reason why immorality is highest in your regions because of this attitude, that's why we always get to hear of cases of baby factories in your regions because you see nothing wrong with that.
Carinmom, if you are condemning immortality, is it secluded to only one gender? Would the other party, their patrons not also be arrested? Let's tone down on religion and let our conscience speak. Y only the girls?
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by CopyLearner: 8:23am On Mar 26, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

It's almost impossible to bring different ethnicities, religions and cultures under one bracket. You're free to use the constitution in your states if that's what the majority accept. We accept our laws and they only apply to us. You should have no issues with these laws whatsoever.
Your laws are religious but your state happens to accommodate not just people of your religion
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by dumodust(m): 8:32am On Mar 26, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Cattle herding is an occupation. If you can admit prostitution is your occupation then maybe we'll make provisions for you. Besides, you can set herding laws if you want, we'll follow them. We are law abiding people.

I didnt say herding cattle is a crime... but certainly you must agree that carrying your cattle into people's permanent businesses and properties called farms and lands is a crime, I think things will be easier if you view it from that perspective, you dont need herding laws to know what is a farm or property, its common sense so anybody who sees well arranged crops and wades into it is being mischievous... ever heard of trespassers.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 26, 2016
CopyLearner:

Your laws are religious but your state happens to accommodate not just people of your religion

Yes, accommodate. They in turn must learn to respect their hosts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Saraki, Oshiomhole Raise Alarm Over Alleged Plot To Destabilise Nigeria / Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader / Aliyu Abubakar Dies In Car Accident: Aisha Abubakar's Son Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.