Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,916 members, 7,799,094 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) (31068 Views)

This Nigerian Woman Was Found Dead In France At Her Home (Photo) / Man Murdered In His Fiancee’s Home (Photo) / Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by ijustdey: 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2016
from the previous thread where a 15-year-old JAMB candidate was kidnapped in
Lagos while going for an exam

www.nairaland.com/2994556/15-year-old-jamb-candidate-kidnapped-lagos

which hit FP, the said girl is back home

Olaleye Aluko

A 15-year-old girl, Rita Clement, who was abducted by unidentified persons while on her way to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination in the Ikeja area of Lagos State, has returned home.

Our correspondent learnt that Clement was dropped off by her abductors in the Oshodi area on Wednesday around 9pm, and given money to take a bus back home.

PUNCH Metro had reported on Thursday, March 17, 2016, that Clement, who lived with her relatives on Gboyega Kilo Street in the Ojodu Berger area, and had UTME registration number 65061660GJ, went missing on Thursday, March 10.

It was reported that she was to sit for the exam at 6.30am on the day she went missing, and her centre was at the West African Examinations Council International Office on Plot B, Lateef Jakande Road, Agidingbi, Lagos.

Our correspondent had reported that at about 5pm on Thursday, Clement sent a text message to her mother’s mobile phone, raising the alarm that she had been abducted and she did not know the location where she was taken to.

The matter was said to have been reported at the Ojodu Police Division and transferred to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Ikeja.

Clement had written in the text message, “Mummy, they took my phone and beat me up inside the bus. Mummy, I don’t know where they took me to. They made me sleep and said they will kill me if I ran. Someone gave me the phone, saying I must return it before they came back. Mummy, please save me.”

The uncle, Emeka Orazulike, who worked as a pharmacist, had said they had yet to hear any update from the police, adding that he believed in God that Clement would return home.

PUNCH Metro learnt on Thursday that Clement walked back into the family’s apartment at about 9pm on Wednesday.

She was said to be tired and unable to give the details of her ordeal to the family members.

Our correspondent gathered that the family on Thursday went to the Ojodu division to make a statement that the teenager was back.

They, thereafter, proceeded to the SARS office, Ikeja, where the operatives took Clement’s statement.

Our correspondent observed Clement, Orazulike, and three other family members at the Command headquarters, Ikeja.

The SARS operatives thereafter kept Clement with them, instructing the family to come for her in the evening, preventing the teenager from being interviewed by journalists.

Orazulike, said the teenager’s narration so far was that she was taken to an unknown place, but was asked to return home on Wednesday when her captors got tired of her.

He said, “For now, we know that she was taken to Abeokuta, Ogun State, by the abductors. But on Wednesday, the men brought her to Oshodi.

“They then gave her transport fare to find her way back home. She said the men stated that she was not their material. She walked into the house yesterday (Wednesday). We were all surprised.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, said she had interviewed the girl and her explanation showed an abscondment rather than being abducted.

She said, “The girl is back and I have spoken with her. From what she narrated, it is more of an absconding from home than being abducted. She had been in Abeokuta. Meanwhile, the police are still investigating to get to the roots of this matter.”

When our correspondent asked Orazulike the ‘abdscondment theory’, he said the girl had not told him about that.

He said, “We suspect she had been with kidnappers or ritualists. She did not tell us about running away from home. She made us to believe through the text message that she was abducted and taken to an area. That is all we know for now.”

http://www.punchng.com/abducted-15-year-old-utme-candidate-returns-home/

1 Share

Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 25, 2016
Our little girls getting to be an endangered specie everywhere.

18 Likes

Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by delishpot: 4:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
They should trace the owner of the phone she used to send that SMS and also where it was likely sent from.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by akfeas(m): 4:51pm On Mar 25, 2016
delishpot:
They should trace the owner of tbe phone ahe used to send that SMS and also where it was likely sent from.

Brilliant!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by Jackeeh(m): 6:16pm On Mar 25, 2016
Maybe she wasn't ready for JAMB. So she decided to "abscond" . Anyway I thank God she's back home safe and sound. And she should be taken to the hospital for the necessary checks.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by Berrilite(f): 6:17pm On Mar 25, 2016
lolz

1 Like

Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by anigbajumo(m): 6:17pm On Mar 25, 2016
[i]God really save her.....Glory be to God.[/b]
Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, said she had interviewed the girl and her explanation showed an abscondment rather than being abducted.

She said, “The girl is back and I have spoken with her. From what she narrated, it is more of an absconding from home than being abducted. She had been in Abeokuta. Meanwhile, the police are still investigating to get to the roots of this matter.”

Hmmmmmmmm. I reserve my comment

3 Likes

Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by CUM4WHAT(m): 6:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
THANK GOD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by DonGlamour(m): 6:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
thank God for her life

1 Like

Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by obajoey(m): 6:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
prayers of the saint..

2 Likes

Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by MadCow1: 6:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
Nice kidnappers

1 Like

Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by Primusinterpares(m): 6:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
The rate of abduction in recent times is becoming alarming these days o... I think that phone number should be traced and the owner interrogated. And strict sanctions be given to the culprits. My 2 kobo.

1 Like

Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by Etizz: 6:19pm On Mar 25, 2016
OK good.... So she mean her fellow victim of abducted person gave her the phone to text her mum right.....

Wish kind story be this..??

Nne clap for yah sef.....

13 Likes

Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by wellmax(m): 6:19pm On Mar 25, 2016
Thank God for her safety oo

1 Like

Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by olumyde5(m): 6:19pm On Mar 25, 2016
Thank God

1 Like

Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by braine(m): 6:20pm On Mar 25, 2016
This story get comma.

10 Likes

Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by Eluwilussit(m): 6:20pm On Mar 25, 2016
Thank God for her safe return.

1 Like

Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by Gruvychuky(f): 6:20pm On Mar 25, 2016
who gave her phone to send text msg?

1 Like

Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by samchem(m): 6:20pm On Mar 25, 2016
delishpot:
They should trace the owner of tbe phone ahe used to send that SMS and also where it was likely sent from.
simple!!!
Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by lonelydora: 6:20pm On Mar 25, 2016
Nigeria 1
Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by olatex25(m): 6:21pm On Mar 25, 2016
thank God u are back... Omo wa oku nii sornu fa

2 Likes

Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by Eluwilussit(m): 6:22pm On Mar 25, 2016
braine:
This story get comma.

U fit put semi-colon or full stop na! cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by Rapsowdee01(m): 6:22pm On Mar 25, 2016
GOAL !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by Man90(m): 6:23pm On Mar 25, 2016
Thank God she came back safely.

1 Like

Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by magicminister: 6:23pm On Mar 25, 2016
Our Nigerian Police is a failure.
Even if this young girl is lying,
shouldn't they investigate and get to the root of the case?
Because she is not a politician's daughter or the daughter of a billionaire abi??

5 Likes

Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 25, 2016
Is one the kidnappers that let her used his to text her mummy, that really a great mercy fa.... I wish u well.....
Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by talkme(m): 6:25pm On Mar 25, 2016
Very simple to track. Just to the network operator to get data log of the line. If it's MTN and they can trace it, FG should increase there fine by 100%. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 25, 2016
Jackeeh:
Maybe she wasn't ready for JAMB. So she decided to "abscond" . Anyway I thank God she's back home safe and sound. And she should be taken to the hospital for the necessary checks.

More likely she was not ready for Jamb and decided to abscond

3 Likes

Re: Abducted 15-year-old UTME Candidate Returns Home (photo) by zinnia00(f): 6:26pm On Mar 25, 2016
FTC

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja / Lagos Police Uncovers Illegal Oil Wells, Shuts 12 Houses / Illegal Police Uniform Factory Discovered In Police College (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.