Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

How He Found The Courage To Start And Run His Businesses - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How He Found The Courage To Start And Run His Businesses (636 Views)

15 Great Businesses Nigerian Women Can Start And Run From Home / 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start Today / 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How He Found The Courage To Start And Run His Businesses by sanod(m): 11:01pm On Mar 25, 2016
Have you ever wanted to do something really important with your life? Right; I recognise the feeling. It wasn’t easy for me to quit my job as well, but a part of me really needed to take that next step.

You know, after the glow of my NYSC wore off, I wondered if I had made a huge mistake following a friend to a small town where I didn’t fit in. I went from a city socialite; studied physics to being a farmer, marooned on an island of Soya beans. You can imagine how I felt when I was offered a job in engineering company. I just jumped at the chance, it was such an exciting time in my life. Forwarded days, I came home on a very weekend, and discovered the river near a house was rising, so I pulled on work boots and went down to the river with the friend. We started throwing sandbags, we worked all night holding back the wall of water. When the sun rose, I got to tell 15 families that it was safe to go home again. I didn’t know what my purpose really was until that rainy day. I just needed only to look deep inside myself and find the lost me.

The smile made me really and really think how important what we did to countable number of these families, plus the joy derived from seeing the smile on their faces. Sometimes the hardest save to make is not a stranger in a burning building, is the closest soul to you. We all need to be honest with ourselves, because every person was born with instinct ultimately to create a balance with nature and that’s ultimately yourself.
Fearlessness, if that’s the right word, came from a burning desire to make my own path and not be subject to the whims of a boss’ poor business decision or a job loss to the poor economy. If I fail, it is on my head, not someone else. That’s really the thinking that pushed me to now having four different businesses.

I had an interesting twitter conversation with BENEFiT (@BenefitAfrica) that made me realize some things and pull this story for entrepreneur wannabes: Sometimes you just need someone to believe in you to find the courage in yourself to overcome your fears. This is why looking for a supporting friend or community is so essential.

Think and do something every morning that you will never give up on, let that attitude drives you to acquirement. Were you ever fortunate enough to sight Southern Cross? These are five stars arranged in cross form. I read Magellan used them to find true south whenever he got lost. It gave him a strength to keep going. Do yourself a good too, find a motivation, keep going and don’t relent in your quest!

1 Like

Re: How He Found The Courage To Start And Run His Businesses by Tocheagle(m): 11:22pm On Mar 25, 2016
Nice

(1) (Reply)

Help Help Help I Need The Contact Of Maxisharp Shaving Stick. I Want To Be A Dis / 2 Weeks Entrepreneurial Skills Acquisition Training At Surulere / CBN & Dangote accused of Forex Violation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.