Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) (23514 Views)

See PDP Members Who Are Too Sick To Face Corruption Trial / Photo Of Saraki After The Super Eagles Victory / Saraki Dozes Off In The Dock As Corruption Trial Takes Its Toll (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by midolian(m): 6:34am On Mar 26, 2016
A non governmental organization, Movement for Genuine Change on the state of affairs in Kwara State has declared their support for the trial of Senate President Bukola Saraki at the Code of Conduct Tribunal.

The group, which staged a peaceful rally at the Flower Garden, Ilorin yesterday urged federal government to repatriate all the alleged stolen money from the former governor to Kwara State for the payment of civil servants, pensioners and workers in the state.

They displayed different placards such as:” Buhari, No compromised on Corruption; Nigeria is bigger than anybody; Saraki killed Trade Bank; Return all stolen money to Kwara to pay pensioners, workers; Saraki resign now; No more hiding place for the thieves, among others.

While addressing journalists, the group spokesman, Alhaji Tunde Muhammed said Senator Saraki has brought shame to the people by all his actions and with his current trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal.

“He has turned Kwarans to a laughing stock. However we, the People of Kwara are happy that he is now being prosecuted even though, we expected that long before now, he should have been made to face all corruption related matters that he is alleged to have committed.

“While we support Senator Saraki’ ongoing trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal, we warn that nobody should attempt to erect any barrier against justice by trying to shield Saraki’s prosecution.

“While we support President Buhari’s anti-corruption war, we noted with sadness that it is only in this country that when the poor and the week transgress the law, the full weight of the law through its punitive mechanism is crushingly brought to bear on them but when the ‘powerful, the mighty, and the rich” offend the law, they do so with relish without the mildest punitive reaction”

Muhammed added that before the emergence of Senator Saraki’s in Kwara state politics, the people of the state and their leaders have no history of “this type of indecent behaviours”.

“Senator Saraki’s case is that of shameless leadership that has always been jumping fence in the face of legitimate prosecution process.”

He said the people of Kwara State are grateful to President Muhammadu Buhari and law enforcement agencies for having the courage to take Saraki to court.

Meanwhile, the group alleged that the Chairman of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP),Kwara State, Chief Iyiola Akogun was invited by the police for questions over their protest on Senator Saraki.

Muhammed who confirmed his arrest after the group protest said he received a phone call by OC Operation of the Kwara State Police to come and he honoured the invitation.

He told journalists that when he got there, he was asked whether the PDP is holding rally today and he said no but he was not released and was still in custody till the time of the rally was over.

When contacted, the Police Public Relation Officer (PPRO), Kwara State Command, ASP Ajayi Okasanmi denied the arrest of Chief Iyiola Akogun. He said “there was nothing like that”.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/03/25/kwara-group-ilorin-stages-protest-support-corruption-trial-senate-president-saraki

3 Likes

Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by Clakyvip: 6:36am On Mar 26, 2016
Naija ll not change... We r just shouting change... The only change we gonna get is from the Agberos. We all want change but we not changing. It won't happen over night. We all need to work together, support the administration, let's stop partisan politics, lets chase corruption away. Let all these politicians face the wrath of the law...
This is the kind of move we want...let's support our government. God bless Naija.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by McCarlito(m): 6:37am On Mar 26, 2016
And the hegoat refuses to honourably take a bow and resign (as no one ever does that in the Nigerian government)
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3525852_1265448311671899599658282276652785952800521n_jpeg0f8813681a64b0c3d146394c0a3ce543

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by Aminat508(f): 6:42am On Mar 26, 2016
I can see midolian tongue with white shirt cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by midolian(m): 6:42am On Mar 26, 2016
Clakyvip:
Naija ll not change... We r just shouting change... The only change we gonna get is from the Agberos. We all want change but we not changing. It won't happen over night. We all need to work together, support the administration, let's stop partisan politics, lets chase corruption away. Let all this politicians face the wrath of the law...
Bro, I hope you read and understood before typing. These protesters are in support of the trial.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by ORACLE1975(m): 6:43am On Mar 26, 2016
SARAKI welcome to the real world

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by SlimOpsy(m): 6:44am On Mar 26, 2016
This saraki case is getting out of hand! I'm sure this case is going to end like Stella Oduah, dimeji Bankole and co! Nigerian Politician are powerful than the Law.

4 Likes

Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by Clakyvip: 6:46am On Mar 26, 2016
midolian:
Bro, I hope you read and understood before typing. These protesters are in support of the trial.
Yes I know, I am just saying that on a neutral note n I want others to follow thr move.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by midolian(m): 6:48am On Mar 26, 2016
Aminat508:
lol..I didn't know the protest was going on, As the 'patriot' I am, I wld have joined non-hesitantly if I was in liorin. grin

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by omenka(m): 6:49am On Mar 26, 2016
Now we are talking!!

These are real Kwarans who took direct hit from the criminal's malfeasance and not his adopted Israeli parents and siblings who take to the street in support of anyone whom they hear is facing trial over corruption, effectively turning themselves into stuff of National ridicule.

Good one folks.

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by anonimi: 6:52am On Mar 26, 2016
SlimOpsy:
This saraki case is getting out of hand! I'm sure this case is going to end like Stella Oduah, dimeji Bankole and co! Nigerian Politician are powerful than the Law.

Just like the case of the Jagbajantis of Bourdillon that the court now admits was a MISTAKE to discharge it. shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/530451_tinubu_jpgf761de4cf3f5f937f0386517bfb64644

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by omenka(m): 6:55am On Mar 26, 2016
The message on that first banner is quite instructive and I've seen a couple of posters here say the same.

Indeed, the case stands as one of the litmus test of the admins's war on corruption. Saraki is a VERY wealthy man and could possibly buy any judge he likes. It would take a steadfast legal team to see this case to a logical conclusion.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by chukwukadibia10: 6:57am On Mar 26, 2016
Aminat508:
And NgeneUkwenu is the man wearing black cap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by anonimi: 6:59am On Mar 26, 2016
McCarlito:
And the hegoat refuses to honourably take a bow and resign (as no one ever does that in the Nigerian government)

He is waiting for the man who canonised Abacha as a saint for "not stealing our money" to resign so he can follow his EXAMPLE. Makes sense, right
The same PRETENTIOUS crook made a FALSE, incomplete assets declaration. shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2733734_munch20150812080810_jpeg1d11e13a327d33cec402de71dc2a8eb7

PhockPhockMan:
But Buhari, in the document titled, ‘I pledge to Nigeria’ had also said that all his political appointees would only earn salaries and allowances as prescribed by the Revenue and Mobilisation and Fiscal Allocation Commission.

He said, “I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liabilities, encourage all my appointees publicly declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment. All political appointees will only earn the salaries and allowances determined by the RMFAC. I pledge, as Commander-in-Chief, to lead from the front and not behind in the comfort and security of Aso Rock, to boost the morale of fighting forces and the generality of all Nigerians.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-vp-fail-to-declare-assets-publicly/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837264_tmp9455fbimg14417792614671224457852_jpeg6dab6ee28b2554beeaa4f34b3a1f7675

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2827707_img20150905142543_jpegffcefa9483529d6999254d5bf1b3a54e

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by PassingShot(m): 7:04am On Mar 26, 2016
anonimi:

He is waiting for the man who canonised Abacha as a saint for "not stealing our money" to resign so he can follow his EXAMPLE. Makes sense, right
The same PRETENTIOUS crook made a FALSE, incomplete assets declaration. shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2733734_munch20150812080810_jpeg1d11e13a327d33cec402de71dc2a8eb7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837264_tmp9455fbimg14417792614671224457852_jpeg6dab6ee28b2554beeaa4f34b3a1f7675

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2827707_img20150905142543_jpegffcefa9483529d6999254d5bf1b3a54e
Try to make sense even if it's once in your lifetime. Abeg Biko.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by midolian(m): 7:09am On Mar 26, 2016
PassingShot:

been observing the guy for a while now..its like he has vowed never to.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by anonimi: 7:15am On Mar 26, 2016
PassingShot:

You better respond to the exposed HYPOCRISY of your messiah and saviour instead of using scare tactics on me that won't work. Rather it inspires me to even expose the DullardPoo for the FRAUDULENT package that he is.
Have you ever made sense here just once in your LIE-filled propaganda comments

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by PassingShot(m): 7:16am On Mar 26, 2016
[s]
anonimi:

You better respond to the exposed HYPOCRISY of your messiah and saviour instead of using scare tactics on me that won't work. Rather it inspires me to even expose the DullardPoo for the FRAUDULENT package that he is.
Have you ever made sense here just once in your
[/s]

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by AshiwajuFoward: 7:17am On Mar 26, 2016
Choi! I hope they won't blame Tinubu for this one too. grin

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by omenka(m): 7:25am On Mar 26, 2016
PassingShot:

Are you sure that dude isn't Musiwa?? Every time I see his comments, I just keep scratching my head trying to make sense of them. Always totally off topic with pictures- just like Musiwa.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 7:28am On Mar 26, 2016
Bukola Saraki is too greedy
I can't believe he privatize a whole state

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by anonimi: 7:34am On Mar 26, 2016
ABIOLAXYZ:
Bukola Saraki is too greedy

I can't believe he privatize a whole state

Is he not better than the 1999 pauper who was being fed by his running mate during their campaign, since he forfeited $460,000 for his DRUG crimes in the US, but is now our Asiwaju Asiwere

I remain grateful to Gbenga Daniel – Tinubu dismisses rift rumors

A national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has cleared the air on the alleged enmity between him and a former two-term Governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel.

Tinubu, who spoke through Mr. Wale Edun at the 25th anniversary celebration of Otunba Gbenga Daniels’ Kresta Laurel, said there is no truth in the stories that he has been fighting with Gbenga Daniel, adding that they are still good friends.

Edun said: “I am here representing Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and my presence is to show that there is no friction between Asiwaju and Otunba Gbenga Daniel”

Mr. Edun went on to explain that whenever Tinubu drives past the Kresta Laurel building in Maryland, Lagos, he remembers the enormous contributions Daniel made to the take off of his administration in 1999 and was immensely grateful.

He revealed that the Peoples Democratic Party chieftain was very gracious to donate the Kresta Laurel building to Tinubu’s campaign team at the time it was just being completed.

“The Daniels also made a section of their home available to Asiwaju Bola Tinubu whenever he worked too late and could not go home.
After the election, he also allowed us to use it for the Transition Committee where he was a member”

More from: http://dailypost.ng/2015/10/21/i-remain-grateful-to-gbenga-daniel-tinubu-dismisses-rift-rumors/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 26, 2016
This anonimi dude is one big troll.

He never contributes any meaningful thing on this forum. At least you will get more likes for saying bubu is a dullard than just flooding every thread with meaningless pictures if that is what you want. Are you in anyway related to musiwa?

Anyhoo, I have not seen any kwaran that like this bukola saraki. People that went through the pain of saraki.
Waiting for the children of lost tribe of Jews to counter this protest as usual with their support for anything corruption.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by Toosure70: 8:02am On Mar 26, 2016
At last, God approved senses for these people. Thank you God.

4 Likes

Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by northvietnam(m): 8:11am On Mar 26, 2016
Even judas that betrayed jesus yesterday will shock at the Level of Hypocrisy in APC.

This bukola that was a saint, nominated in his constituency under this same APC.

Just that he acted like jacob in snatching the senate presidency away from the zombi LORD from lagos.

APC fear God Oooooo......

5 Likes

Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by dahdah: 8:11am On Mar 26, 2016
Wow!!! Getting sense small small at least
Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by Generalkorex(m): 8:13am On Mar 26, 2016
Ok
Re: Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) by Drgleave: 8:13am On Mar 26, 2016
I support corruption too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flood: Pray For People In Makurdi, Benue State (Photos) / Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy / President Buhari Arrives Dubai For Annual Investment Meeting - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.