Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,262 members, 7,807,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

WOW!... This 7 Years Old From Kenya Develops Mobile App - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / WOW!... This 7 Years Old From Kenya Develops Mobile App (1184 Views)

A Nigerian Web Developer Develops A Product To Beat Google Pull Service. / I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

WOW!... This 7 Years Old From Kenya Develops Mobile App by afrifuturestarz(m): 9:17am On Mar 26, 2016
At 7 years old, in 2013, Zora Ball became the youngest person to create a mobile video game. Now 10 years, the wizard programmer whose parents are immigrants from Kenya, is on scholarship funded by the United State Government.

The app she developed was unveiled at the FATE Bootstrap Expo, held at the University of Pennsylvania. Ball developed the game using programming language Bootstrap, which is usually taught to students between the ages of 12 and 16, to help them learn concepts of algebra via video game development.

According to Mashable, Ball also successfully reconfigured the app when asked to do so at the Expo, silencing anyone who may have thought that her older brother — a STEM scholar of the year — helped her program the game.

Staff at Harambee Institute of Science and Technology, where Ball attends first grade and an after-school program, anticipate she’ll do great things, the Philadelphia Tribune reported.
“I am proud of all my students,” Tariq Al-Nasir, who heads the STEMnasium Learning Academy, told the Tribune’s Damon Williams. “Their dedication to this program is phenomenal, and they come to class every Saturday, including holiday breaks.”...

For the rest of the story and more pics...
Source :http://www.africafuturestars.com/2016/03/wow-7-years-old-from-kenya-develops.html

Re: WOW!... This 7 Years Old From Kenya Develops Mobile App by Donald3d(m): 3:18pm On Mar 26, 2016
I am the elder brother *winks* awesome kid !! naija which way,teaching kids computer science without computers,especially the public schools.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Edited / PHP: How Do I Create A Login Page That Directs Users To Respective Accounts? / I Love Programming But Don't Know Where To Start From.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.