Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,776 members, 7,802,382 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom (35861 Views)

I Paid Evans 223,000 Euros As Ransom – Witness Tells Court / We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers / Margaret Emefiele's Kidnappers Demand N1.5billion As Ransom For Her Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by GlorifiedTunde(m): 12:15pm On Mar 26, 2016
Chai!!

NPF and AMBO should come and explain their acclamations angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by talktrue1(m): 12:15pm On Mar 26, 2016
They were calling with a particular phone number and the police can't trace the number for 5 days
Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by mymadam(m): 12:15pm On Mar 26, 2016
samson15:
Did the police actually rescue those girls?...

Have they actually ever rescued any victim?

2 Likes

Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by ItzTun3chi(m): 12:15pm On Mar 26, 2016
Nigeria Police angry grin
Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by 4nobody4every1: 12:15pm On Mar 26, 2016
angry angry sad
Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by 1shortblackboy: 12:16pm On Mar 26, 2016
Nigeria police wetin dem sabi do sef? But d man for no tAlk sha. Its counter productive. He should have let it seem like d police actually recued d girls and caught d kidnappers
Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by victorazy(m): 12:17pm On Mar 26, 2016
happy08:
haba... Too much

And someone says 5m is too much to save life. Here is indeed zoo grin
Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by Waskolo(m): 12:20pm On Mar 26, 2016
samson15:
Did the police actually rescue those girls? Don't think so.

Can't you read? Read again!!
Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by Femich18(m): 12:21pm On Mar 26, 2016
Nigerian police ehen...them lie pass devil. Then why did the claime that they rescue the girls?
Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by jidxin(m): 12:21pm On Mar 26, 2016
v
Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 26, 2016
Thoughts ringing in my head
1- Nigerians price everything from 150m to 5m. I hail!
2- those guys are terribly broke, one can infer they are amateurs and kidnapping may not be their everyday business
3- of what use are the movies we watch about How to outsmart kidnappers. The girls didn't do muchbto help
4- why would the man just pay the money without assurance of how the girls are to get back home? He justpaid and waited when they might as well be dead at the time
5- Nigerian police ( totally inefficient) they couldn't even help track the robbers or at least the ransomer. it like they paid no role at all in this whole busineas
# this kidnapping case isn't interesting enough to be documented
Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by Destinygrl(f): 12:23pm On Mar 26, 2016
what is important is that the girls are safe
who gets the credit does not matter
Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by dikeigbo2(m): 12:26pm On Mar 26, 2016
Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by Jabioro: 12:26pm On Mar 26, 2016
Nigerian police will never give the public the true picture of what tract ..all what they come up is given glory to who is my supposed to be there..What happen to this great negotiator ?
Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:26pm On Mar 26, 2016
So all the use of advanced technology in tracking the girls and applause to one Abba Kyari was just Rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by koolguy88(m): 12:26pm On Mar 26, 2016
I blame the school for not noticing a hole in the premises that leads to the bush . The school authority is not security conscious.
Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by molas02: 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2016
d man dat came and shout on them is a police man, i bet it with my grandfather's grave

1 Like

Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by Bollinger(m): 12:31pm On Mar 26, 2016
OmichaelO:
Really??

And police couldn't track them?

of what use will the guys paraded be?

Not all kidnappers are caught. Even in the west, the first option is to pay whatever ransom demanded then the search of the culprits begins.

2 Likes

Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by maursatt: 12:33pm On Mar 26, 2016
And this gays will now come to nairaland forum to say I got 2milion what business can I do. It is only Nigeria people wake up as millionaire and the next hour people join them to sing praises, this is a person who has not even earn up to 800,000 in their entire life, oyi.

1 Like

Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:34pm On Mar 26, 2016
Destinygrl:
what is important is that the girls are safe

who gets the credit does not matter
It matters my dear. If the police cant protect, and cant rescue and are not capable in raising ransom, why should they be lying to gain credit. That is criminal. They have created an impression to the public that they are trusthworthy of which they are not
Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by Stylz69(m): 12:34pm On Mar 26, 2016
So this version of the story isn't correct?

And huge public outcry and the pressure on security agents may have been contributory factors to the rescue of three female students of babington Macaulay Junior Seminary in Ikorodu, Lagos State.

The girls — Timilehin Olosa, Tofunmi Popoola and Deborah Akinayo — were kidnapped by gunmen on Monday on their school premises.

PUNCH Metro gathered that they were rescued by policemen and other security operatives at the Imota area of Ikorodu on Sunday.

It was gathered that the public outcry prompted the government to meet the needs of security agencies on the rescue operation, while the Inspector-General of Police, Solomon Arase, sent his special team to Lagos to take over the operation.

The security agents had combed every nook and cranny of the state, especially the Ikorodu area, making the abductors uncomfortable to stay in one place.

Our correspondent was told by one of the security agents involved in the rescue operation that it was discovered that the victims were initially taken to Adamo forest immediately after their abduction.

Adamo forest is across the river in Lugbusi community, where the school is situated in Ikorodu.

The source said, “We gathered that the kidnappers were 12 men, and they came in eight canoes. They used seven AK-47 rifles for the operation.

“One of the men, who we later identified as Lamiameni, brought the kidnapping job to the gang, while another member, known as Felix, alias Tradition, was the one communicating with the families for ransom negotiation.”

Another source said from the forest, the gang moved to a creek, located between Ikorodu and Epe, Lagos State, where they also held the girls.

Security agents were said to have had the first break on March 4, when a suspected kidnapper, Emmanuel Arigidi, aged 37, was sent by the gang from the creeks to buy foodstuffs.

He was said to have bought foodstuffs big enough for an army, which confirmed the suspicion that he was a member of the gang. He was subsequently arrested.

He said, “Arigidi broke down during interrogation and confessed to being a member of the gang that stole the schoolgirls. He gave us the direction to the place they were keeping the girls, and mentioned the names of other members. He even promised to lead the operatives to the location.”

It was gathered that after waiting for Arigidi for two days, the gang sensed that something was amiss and thereafter moved to an area around Igbo Okuta Bridge, Imota, Ikorodu.

It was gathered that possible hiding places had been discussed among the gang members during the planning of the kidnapping.

When security operatives therefore noticed that there were no activities in the creek, they suspected that the gang had fled the area. But Arigidi had no problem in revealing the place they could be.

Also, the relatives of suspected abductors mentioned by Arigidi were said to have been rounded up and made to plead with their people on the telephone to release the girls.

It was learnt that the fathers of two of the suspected kidnappers were allowed on Saturday to go after their sons to talk to them and other gang members to release the girls.

“At about 5am on Sunday, over 500 operatives, comprising the IG team, the Lagos State Police Command and other security agencies stormed Imota and rescued the schoolgirls at the Igbo Okuta Bridge area of Ikorodu,” a source said. Two other suspected kidnappers were arrested during the
Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by Bollinger(m): 12:34pm On Mar 26, 2016
enieme:
2- those guys are terribly broke, one can infer they are amateurs and kidnapping may not be their everyday business
3- of what use are the movies we watch about How to outsmart kidnappers. The girls didn't do muchbto help
4- why would the man just pay the money without assurance of how the girls are to get back home? He justpaid and waited when they might as well be dead at the time
5- Nigerian police ( totally inefficient) they couldn't even help track the robbers or at least the ransomer. it like they paid no role at all in this whole busineas

From your piece, it is difficult to decipher if you are in support of the kidnappers or the family of the girls.
Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by RayRed16: 12:39pm On Mar 26, 2016
chibwike:
just take a look at the beautiful girls...thank God the bastards did not harm them in any way. Lets pray against unexpected expenses....that money could have easily been spared..by giving God one-tenth of it....he would never allow such to happpen Buh we prefer spending on problems...

So tithe payment is "protection money"? Why hv we Christians refused to read our Bibles?! If we get protections from God cos of tithe payment....how about the breath we take? How do we pay for that one? My brother, in this new covenant we r enjoying from God... Anything and everything we ever receive from God is cos Jesus Christ paid for it, QED!!!

4 Likes

Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by chibwike(m): 12:43pm On Mar 26, 2016
RayRed16:

So tithe payment is "protection money"? Why hv we Christians refused to read our Bibles?! If we get protections from God cos of tithe payment....how about the breath we take? How do we pay for that one? My brother, in this new covenant we r enjoying from God... Anything and everything we ever receive from God is cos Jesus Christ paid for it, QED!!!
what happened to appreciation?
Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by leofab(f): 12:43pm On Mar 26, 2016
NPF I Hail Thee
Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 26, 2016
Bollinger:

From your piece, it is difficult to decipher if you are in support of the kidnappers or the family of the girls.
this isn't a debate, I'm just analysing the whole situation.
of course the kidnappers did an evil thing, but we should also see how things may have been done better to ensure their capture and the release of the girls.
Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by lordsharks(m): 12:52pm On Mar 26, 2016
Waec candidates. Pass with ease
Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by hokafor(m): 12:54pm On Mar 26, 2016
According to police high command we rescued them without paying any ransom the kidnapper s abandoned them due to the heat and pressure coming from us. U see why our law enforcement s shouldn't be taken serious. I hope they are parading the real kidnappers not not innocent citizens
Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by Bollinger(m): 12:56pm On Mar 26, 2016
enieme:

this isn't a debate, I'm just analysing the whole situation.
of course the kidnappers did an evil thing, but we should also see how things may have been done better to ensure their capture and the release of the girls.
You said;
enieme:

The bold comments confuse me. And why would anyone be waiting for an "interesting" kidnapping case? Kidnappings are supposed to be horrific. Not interesting. Anyway, to each his own.

1 Like

Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by spafu(m): 12:57pm On Mar 26, 2016
Ponomote:
Op you forgot to deduct the 45k given to the girls for transport.
Better go return your own share of the ransom money.
Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by 9jatatafo(m): 12:57pm On Mar 26, 2016
If this story is true then i am so ashamed of the Lagos Police Commissioner because I heard him saying that no ransome was paid and that the police rescued the abducted girls. Why would a top ranking police officer be lying to the people of Lagos state?

1 Like

Re: Parents Of Kidnapped Babington Junior Seminary Paid N5.6m As Ransom by Jacko01: 12:58pm On Mar 26, 2016
Nollywood kidnap.... So amateur.... And sinc we have nollywod police dey cant catch dem
Beta police wud av stayed arund the money drop and look out for who comes
Or put a transmitter in the bag

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady From Edo Cries Out For Help In Italy (Video) / Customs Officers Extorting Money From Nigerians From Abroad (Photos) / 2 Nigerian Men Rob Portuguese Man, Strip Unclad And Filmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.