Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263081 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Fiscabally(m): 11:35pm On Apr 20, 2011
Pls gurus,my hp laplop's screen aint showing again,but the caplocks light always blink when i turn it on,i gave it 2 an engineer 2 chek it,he told me its d processor & it wud cost me N6000.Pls what do u think guys
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Fiscabally(m): 11:38pm On Apr 20, 2011
Pls gurus,my hp laplop's screen aint showing again,but the caplocks light always blink when i turn it on,i gave it 2 an engineer 2 chek it,he told me its d processor & it wud cost me N6000.Pls what do u think guys
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 12:35am On Apr 21, 2011
one ting you can do is to get a vga cable plug it to you computer and find a monitor or tv with a vga port and plug it into it to see if your monitor died or if it is the processor as he (eng) said
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BanjiHols(m): 6:52am On Apr 21, 2011
Thanks @ Kingsleyinfo and Denzel,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BanjiHols(m): 6:56am On Apr 21, 2011
Thanks @ Kingsleyinfo and Denzel2009, I appreciate.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by steve20114ril(m): 7:46am On Apr 21, 2011
@zimdrill thanks for ur concern, the computer is really slow to boot and even some apps would refuse to open
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:24am On Apr 21, 2011
steve20114ril:

@zimdrill thanks for your concern, the computer is really slow to boot and even some apps would refuse to open

which OS do you have? you need to degrag your files, check if there is any programs that are in STARTUP FOLDER and clean up all old unwanted files eg anything in your bin, system reports etc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by steve20114ril(m): 2:02pm On Apr 21, 2011
plz gurus in da house, where can i download drivers for computers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:03pm On Apr 21, 2011
steve20114ril:

plz gurus in da house, where can i download drivers for computers

which computer or computers and for which OS

the best is the manufacturer web site
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bukason: 7:24am On Apr 22, 2011
plz Nl gurus in d house, up until now, i ve been havin warning of low capacity battery with my laptop. U knw what happen when ur lappy passes d 1yr warranty but i hv been managing d battery like dat. Just yesterday, i tried 2 power it on but it wont start up and load as usual. Its sayin i should 'press the esc button to startup' and when i do press the esc button,notting will happen and it just wont respond.
Help me fellows, i cant startup my laptop again and i dont knw what 2 do. Its a hp pro book
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by funkymeky: 8:09am On Apr 22, 2011
My chairmen can i get zinox drivers from zinox branch offices? Where can i get d drivers.?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 3:50pm On Apr 22, 2011
bukason:

plz Nl gurus in d house, up until now, i ve been havin warning of low capacity battery with my laptop. U knw what happen when your lappy passes d 1yr warranty but i hv been managing d battery like dat. Just yesterday, i tried 2 power it on but it wont start up and load as usual. Its sayin i should 'press the esc button to startup' and when i do press the esc button,notting will happen and it just wont respond.
Help me fellows, i cant startup my laptop again and i dont knw what 2 do. Its a hp pro book
why not charge the battery?
it sounds to me like you are running on battery power and now you have depleted your battery so you need to charge it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Esinwaju: 1:54am On Apr 23, 2011
i`m having problems connecting to wireless networks with my system, always saying windows could not connect. I decided to troubleshoot the problem and i was asked to reset my wireless adapter. Please how do i do that?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 2:49am On Apr 23, 2011
I have been having problems playing video on the net. They have been very choppy/slow, I can hear the audio fine but it is just the videos that are messing up. I have tried deleting my history,cache,temporary files and even installed flash again but to no avail. Can anyone help me please. Thank you.

P.s they skip a lot.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 2:51am On Apr 23, 2011
Esin waju:

i`m having problems connecting to wireless networks with my system, always saying windows could not connect. I decided to troubleshoot the problem and i was asked to reset my wireless adapter. Please how do i do that?

How far is your wireless to your computer because sometimes things can block the wireless to your computer, like a wall. Or even the distance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BABE3: 2:53am On Apr 23, 2011
kandiikane:

I have been having problems playing video on the net. They have been very choppy/slow, I can hear the audio fine but it is just the videos that are messing up. I have tried deleting my history,cache,temporary files and even installed flash again but to no avail. Can anyone help me please. Thank you.

P.s they skip a lot.

Buy a new laptop jo! mschewww, broke girl, lol HI! grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 3:15am On Apr 23, 2011
lol, shush. Its a brand new laptop. How have you been? smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 5:30am On Apr 23, 2011
kandiikane:

P.s they skip a lot.

What's your OS and RAM?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:01am On Apr 23, 2011
Esin waju:

very simple way to reset is to just pull off the power cable then connect it back that would reset the router to aquire an new IP address but this wont reset passwords or whatever personal set-up you did on your own

be clear on the full problems
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bukason: 9:34am On Apr 23, 2011
omega25red:

why not charge the battery?
it sounds to me like you are running on battery power and now you have depleted your battery so you need to charge it.
i have tried using another full charged battery but it still cant startup even when i connect and charge d former battery. The problem is that it cant boot, load windows into memory or startup as usual. I told a friend and he says there's an error with d window and the window is corrupted.
Remember it displays, 'press the esc key for startup menu' when i press the power button but will continue 2 stay like that even when i press the esc key, Help me guys, it have been like that for days now,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tomm2580(m): 11:26am On Apr 23, 2011
Pls gurus, i hibernated my lp, when i put it on, it's telling me to boot drive. That's wat is on the screen, i ve tried doing dat but it's displaying dat. it's a packard bell laptop with xp os. pls guys help me out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 1:18pm On Apr 23, 2011
denzel2009:

What's your OS and RAM?

Windows 7 and I checked my RAM but says its not available
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:53pm On Apr 23, 2011
kandiikane:

tell us how you checked your RAM
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by billtommy(m): 1:57pm On Apr 23, 2011
@all,pls i connected two pcs with an airtel modem via adhoc connection,my system saw it but wudnot connect,i want to know if there is any more settings before it cud connect,if there is,i want to know plsss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:45pm On Apr 23, 2011
bukason:

i have tried using another full charged battery but it still cant startup even when i connect and charge d former battery. The problem is that it cant boot, load windows into memory or startup as usual. I told a friend and he says there's an error with d window and the window is corrupted.
Remember it displays, 'press the esc key for startup menu' when i press the power button but will continue 2 stay like that even when i press the esc key,  Help me guys, it have been like that for days now, 

Thanks for the above and here is your diagnostics.

Power laptop on

pressing F10 or F1

A  Bios blue screen would
appear look for

diagnostics

Go for hard drive long test

And let us know about

the result. if a memory

test is available you

can run a quick test

If diagnostics not available
then your laptop is old model
and would recommend taking it
to a computer professional

Is this XP or Vista

If vista keep pressing F8

then last know good config

if no joy then try safe mode

then let us know

If you like to do factory recovery (data loss)
then F11 on start up should select recovery
with data backup and you have the chance to
save your data. That's if your laptop is one of
the recent models> If not then take it to technician
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:48pm On Apr 23, 2011
billtommy:

@all,pls i connected two pcs with an airtel modem via adhoc connection,my system saw it but wudnot connect,i want to know if there is any more settings before it cud connect,if there is,i want to know plsss

am in the uk and not familia with that modem, is it wireless since you said it picked it up ?

if it is just restart your modem by either press the reset or taking off power and putting it back, then it should be picked and automatically connect if the password was has been set up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:05pm On Apr 23, 2011
kandiikane:

RE:RAM but says its not available

Click start

computer

System properties

Windows Index should

have 1.5 or 3.3 rated

Or unrated if unrated

click rate now or calculate
windows index experience

Should now see your RAM

OR look around the laptop
for RAM information

video crashing i.e. youtube is a known issue
especially with Firefox and internet explorer

Deleting cookies/ temp files
would worsen it.

This well documented and here is a
link for a fix for it.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:08pm On Apr 23, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

very simple way to reset is to just pull off the power cable then connect it back that would reset the router to aquire an new IP address but this wont reset passwords or whatever personal set-up you did on your own

be clear on the full problems

Solve many connection problems
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by billtommy(m): 4:04pm On Apr 23, 2011
thanks,but it is not a wireless modem,it is a kind of plug and play airtel modem.so it has no router.what sud i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:34pm On Apr 23, 2011
billtommy:

thanks,but it is not a wireless modem,it is a kind of plug and play airtel modem.so it has no router.what sud i do?

ok lets go to basic

1 does your modem have more than one port to connect more  pcs ?

2 did you connect the modem to the pc thats wasnt using that modem before ?

3 you said its plug and play but it aint a router so how can you connect it to the other pc while the other one is still connected?

4 tell us how you connected the two pc with modem which aint a router
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 9:40pm On Apr 23, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

tell us how you checked your RAM

I went to Start-All programs-Accessories- System tools- System information

It will show you all the information about your system including your RAM

@Deji2009, thank you I uninstalled flash and my videos are working fine now. I think it is because I downloaded it more than twice.
Will come again if anything. smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by billtommy(m): 11:26pm On Apr 23, 2011
Thanks drill,the modem has only one port,and its my personal system and d modem works with d two systems fine i mean differently,all i was tryin to do is to find a way of sharing d internet connection with d other one using ah doc,a kind of home group connection,i tried using bluetooth,it didnt work,i also have dis cable is been used for internet connection in cafes,i dont know if that mite actually help,

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.