Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,459 members, 7,801,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1260042 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dozita(m): 12:45pm On May 11, 2011
omega25red:

this one is very odd well first question: are you sure the charger you are using actually is for your laptop? because could be that the laptop charger is a similar one to the actual model of the charger your laptop needs
That may be it. The original charger got damaged a long time ago and the first toshiba charger i purchased from those crooks at ikeja stopped working after a week so i decided to go for a second hand. The one i got had been working perfectly fineuntil now but it isnt toshiba, it reads delta electronics. The problem is, i tried my friend's who's got the exact same model and the same thing happened. its a satellite A205-S5804 with the original battery.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dozita(m): 12:56pm On May 11, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

check your battery my backup acer aspire 1640 with xp OS does that, the battery is gone if i plug in the charger while the battery is hooked to the laptop it freezes now i take off the battery and plug the charger it doesnt freeze
dunno if i understand u correctly zim, are u saying i should remove my battery, plug in my charger, then put my battery back in? sounds unwise undecided
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Relixy2k: 2:58pm On May 11, 2011
Not unwise, it is a very rational thing to do in such situation.It wont damage ur systen
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by akaebux(m): 3:22pm On May 11, 2011
NEW ARRIVAL:

320gb Original Seagate external Hard disks
Original DDR1 1gb RAMs

The price, as usual, is unbeatable, Wholesalers are welcome.

Call/sms: 08033086382, 08033785592
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:38pm On May 11, 2011
Dozita:

dunno if i understand u correctly zim, are u saying i should remove my battery, plug in my charger, then put my battery back in? sounds unwise undecided

am saying use it without the battery, though am saying check your charger first by plugging it to the laptop while the laptop doesnt have a battery if it switches on and runs fine then, i say its the problem of the battery based on the exprience i have on my acer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by steve20114ril(m): 11:34am On May 12, 2011
hi guys, i have been trying to format my compaq presario C751NR notebook pc laptop, how do i get about it. thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 11:52am On May 12, 2011
steve20114ril:

hi guys, i have been trying to format my compaq presario C751NR notebook pc laptop, how do i get about it. thanks

Is there a genuine reason why you want to format your computer?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 4:11pm On May 12, 2011
steve20114ril:

get a genuine OS with a good key and do a fresh install
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 4:16pm On May 12, 2011
Dozita:

That may be it. The original charger got damaged a long time ago and the first toshiba charger i purchased from those crooks at ikeja stopped working after a week so i decided to go for a second hand. The one i got had been working perfectly fineuntil now but it isnt toshiba, it reads delta electronics. The problem is, i tried my friend's who's got the exact same model and the same thing happened. its a satellite A205-S5804 with the original battery.
The thing is using different models of chargers may work for a while but it can also damage something in your computer. who knows maybe the one you bought from ikeja was what burnt something undecided
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omoalayo(m): 4:40pm On May 12, 2011
Please help me I can't register my blackberry 8830 on the MTN network. I need help please,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by drid: 5:36pm On May 12, 2011
My laptop d600 Dell has stopped recognizing items from the usb port after this pop-up.POWER SURGE IN THE USB HUB(cancel or reset) at first i clicked on cancel,it kept popping up then i clicked on reset and it wouldn't recognize any stuff since then.Please what do i do?Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:45pm On May 12, 2011
drid:

My laptop d600 Dell has stopped recognizing items from the usb port after this pop-up.POWER SURGE IN THE USB HUB(cancel or reset) at first i clicked on cancel,it kept popping up then i clicked on reset and it wouldn't recognize any stuff since then.Please what do i do?Thanks.

have you check the drivers?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:46pm On May 12, 2011
omoalayo:

Please help me I can't register my blackberry 8830 on the MTN network. I need help please,

what do you mean you cant register ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by drid: 7:49pm On May 12, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

have you check the drivers?
please am the dumbest dude when it comes to all those driver stuffs.Please go straight and give me the likely scenarios and how to resolve them.I appreciate your assistance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DisGuy: 8:10pm On May 12, 2011
the problem is the laptop keeps locking whilst i'm using it
sometimes the keypad just locked until i press page up button or sometimes just comes up with random letters like kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
until i restart it
and sometimes the switch between windows is activated without pressing anything, i dont know what wrong with it, i'm not too used to windows vista
my pc is XP, i dont know if its the windows or some hardware.

help its driving me nuts!! sometimes it works perfectly by the wayw
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 8:36pm On May 12, 2011
Dis Guy:

the problem is the laptop keeps locking whilst i'm using it
sometimes the keypad just locked until i press page up button or sometimes just comes up with random letters like kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
until i restart it
and sometimes the switch between windows is activated without pressing anything, i dont know what wrong with it, i'm not too used to windows vista
my pc is XP, i dont know if its the windows or some hardware.

help its driving me nuts!! sometimes it works perfectly by the wayw

That sounds like a malicious software has infected your computer. What Anti-virus do you use? and when was the last time you did a proper scan?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:49pm On May 12, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

what do you mean you cant register ?

i guess if i try to explain to you, you wont get it

the best is go on youtube you will find videos thats show you how to do it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nearest(m): 9:56pm On May 12, 2011
HELP! I want to load firmware into my strong decoder srt4669x using rs232 cable, but when i connected to decoder, the response i got was 'NO COM PORTS AVAILABLE, what should i do to make available COM PORTS?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 11:51pm On May 12, 2011
nearest:

HELP! I want to load firmware into my strong decoder srt4669x using rs232 cable, but when i connected to decoder, the response i got was 'NO COM PORTS AVAILABLE, what should i do to make available COM PORTS?
edited
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DisGuy: 12:11am On May 13, 2011
denzel2009:

That sounds like a malicious software has infected your computer. What Anti-virus do you use? and when was the last time you did a proper scan?

thanks

I doubt its a malware, Microsoft security essential, avg and ran some scan but found zero
I actually think its the software itself or some hardware
the laptop is pre-owned just got it last week thursday, everything has be reformatted before handing it over
i think it might still have issues cos it's always asking at the start up if i want to start in safe mode
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tayoast(m): 12:44am On May 13, 2011
Welldone guys.

Pls, could someone recommend an antivirus?

Thanx in advance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cocoyam: 2:39am On May 13, 2011
I just got ACER TRAVELMATE TIMELINE 8372T-3602 !5 but the battery is too large and I was wondering, if you knew of a slimmer replacement battery for this unit?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nearest(m): 6:53am On May 13, 2011
nearest:

Any help for the above?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 9:52am On May 13, 2011
tayo_ast:

Welldone guys.

Pls, could someone recommend an antivirus?

Thanx in advance
There's 'NO' good recommendation for anti-viruses, trust me. .even the BEST fail. I've played around with a few but i'll recommend just two based on a computer/laptop's specs.

If your desktop pc/laptop has a top-notch configuration. .I'll advise you go for Bit Defender Anitivirus (you'll have to get a license to use it).
But if your PC/Laptop is has a low configuration (Low memory, CPU speed et al), I'll advice you to use AVG Internet Security as that doesn't take much CPU/Memory usage.

All the best.

P.S: What is your laptop's configuration?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 9:59am On May 13, 2011
Dis Guy:

thanks

I doubt its a malware, Microsoft security essential, avg and ran some scan but found zero
the laptop is pre-owned just got it last week thursday, everything has be reformatted before handing it over
i think it might still have issues cos it's always asking at the start up if i want to start in safe mode

Vista STILL is the worst O.S Microsoft published to date, very unstable and has tons of issues. I see you mentioned something and a repetitive 'kkk', have you checked the keys on the keyboard if anyone is stuck? Can you access 'Task Manager' by pressing Alt+Ctrl+Del keys?, it could be a clash of running processes (i doubt)?.

I'll suggest installing Windows 7 but whats your laptop spec? I'll also love to hear Zim and Denzel's input on the issue.

Cheers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 10:12am On May 13, 2011
Dis Guy:

thanks

Whats the laptop spec? since it's relatively new and you don't have much data on it, why don't you do a clean install of Windows 7. Old things would be passed away.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 10:15am On May 13, 2011
v3:

Vista STILL is the worst O.S Microsoft published to date, very unstable and has tons of issues. I see you mentioned something and a repetitive 'kkk', have you checked the keys on the keyboard if anyone is stuck? Can you access 'Task Manager' by pressing Alt+Ctrl+Del keys?, it could be a clash of running processes (i doubt)?.

I'll suggest installing Windows 7 but whats your laptop spec? I'll also love to hear Zim and Denzel's input on the issue.

Cheers

Even Bill Gates refused to use it cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:07am On May 13, 2011
cocoyam:

I just got ACER TRAVELMATE TIMELINE 8372T-3602 !5 but the battery is too large and I was wondering, if you knew of a slimmer replacement battery for this unit?

such large batteries are heavy duty meaning they last longer than normal batteries

go on ebay you will find the normal batteries
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:11am On May 13, 2011
denzel2009:

Even Bill Gates refused to use it cheesy
v3:

Cheers

vista is disaster you are better off with xp
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 6:56pm On May 13, 2011
nearest:

This is not an FTA section. By the way your cable is probably wrong and the loader software will give you options as to which COM port to select. Pick beyond number 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nearest(m): 8:10pm On May 13, 2011
omega25red:

This is not an FTA section. By the way your cable is probably wrong and the loader software will give you options as to which COM port to select. Pick beyond number 7
Bro I didn't ask about the decoder, my pc tells me no COM PORTS Available, how can i make COM PORTS available? I use a printer with the system and its working well.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by maximad(m): 8:35pm On May 13, 2011
visit http://dreamgadjets..com/ for Nokia codes, how to get PayPal, conversion of 1gb to 2gb n lots more,

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.