Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,963 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1262287 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:34am On Mar 25, 2012
Bereal247: @Omega25, I bought a brand new ba3 for my hp presario just 36 days ago and my system is now showing 'battery not charging.' I have tried removing and re-inserting the ba3 yet it kept showing 'ba3 not charging.' what should i do to address this problem?

.Windows vista/7/xp?
.battery new ?
.hp original charger?
.Using generator to charge it ?

Most HP laptop come with this diagnostics

We would like to carry out full test on the battery
click start all programmes and look for hp battery test
or look for accessories then hp battery test

if you cant find it google hp battery
test and follow the instruction
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:53am On Mar 25, 2012
ReLaTE: My nokia usb cable is nt connecting wt my nokia mode. I cn transfer files frm it bt wen i wnt to connect to Ovi suite or pc suite ht wldnt discover it. I changed the cable yet having d sem problem. What shuld i do nxt?

instructions

.what's your phone model number ?
.for example Nokia n98 8 GB ?
.uninstall the current ovu and pc suite
.then re download pc suite from Nokia website only.
.first install the software before connecting cable
.open pc suite
.click connect phone
.wait for setup wizard to appear
.follow instructions
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pj1(f): 1:37pm On Mar 25, 2012
deji2009:

Please follow this rules. Always check the back of your laptop for full model number
and complete your spelling so is not misleading. this are some of the reason I or other
technician would ignore your post. Just to let you know that's all.

for example hp pavilion dv2000 windows xp or Acer 6920 windows vista

.check to makes sure wifi switch on
.click start and type device manager
.click it and conitnue
.look for network adaptor
.any yellow signs in device manager
.is your wifi switch orange or blue
.if orange then something is wrong
.should be blue on hp compaq
.read the link below

visit the hp website for update

Am sorry d full name of my system is hp pavillontx2000 windows vista. But like i sed, i avv formatted it and i use windows 7 on it now. The WiFi light is blue and under d network adapters i only saw 3 adapters which are
1. Bluetooth device(personal area network)
2bluetooth device(RFCOMM protocol TDI)
3. NVIDIA nForce networking controller
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:47pm On Mar 25, 2012
pj1:

Am sorry d full name of my system is hp pavillontx2000 windows vista. But like i sed, i avv formatted it and i use windows 7 on it now. The WiFi light is blue and under d network adapters i only saw 3 adapters which are
1. Bluetooth device(personal area network)
2bluetooth device(RFCOMM protocol TDI)
3. NVIDIA nForce networking controller

visit hp website and put in your laptop
model number hp pavillontx2000 and make sure
windows 7 is on the manufacturer website if it is
good if is not roll it back to vista .
as a general rule always check manufacturer
website to make sure they have your operating system driver, if
they dont then dont do it.

or use windows 7 upgrade adviser to determine
if you can install an operating system

Sunny Laptop Repairs
Nottingham, Uk
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OmokayZ(m): 1:42pm On Mar 26, 2012
Pls my compaq 615 running on vista shows "Plugged in,not charging" its fails to run on battery,wat shud i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pj1(f): 3:48pm On Mar 26, 2012
please can u send me a link to downlad a wireless driver for my hp pavillon tx2000 window 7/ 32b
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 6:32pm On Mar 26, 2012
pj1: please can u send me a link to downlad a wireless driver for my hp pavillon tx2000 window 7/ 32b
so HP actually did not release a windows 7 driver for this model of computer but usually the vista driver would work with the computer. You can try to download it from here:

www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3658348#N552">http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3658348#N552

good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 6:35pm On Mar 26, 2012
OmokayZ: Pls my compaq 615 running on vista shows "Plugged in,not charging" its fails to run on battery,wat shud i do
you have two options.
1. the life of your battery has come to an end and you need a new battery
2. you are using the wrong charger with your laptop which doesn't carry enough voltage to charge your battery which means you will need the correct charger

go to a computer store that can fix your computer and have then check either option so you dont end up paying for two things
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by umar4live(m): 6:50pm On Mar 26, 2012
Need help urgently where can i download Adobe photoshop CS5
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by davidugotex(m): 7:46pm On Mar 26, 2012
Pls gurus, my problem is with my mtn modem. It no longer connects to d internet. If I click connect it writes, "error 720:A connection to the remote computer could not be established"
I have gone to the TOOLS-GENERAL and change d connection type from RAS(modem) to NDIS. After this change I tried to connect but it showed me "Connection terminated". Pls what can I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ReLaTE(m): 8:46pm On Mar 26, 2012
deji2009:

instructions

.open pc suite
.click connect phone
.follow instructions

my phone is actually n95 8gb and 3110c respectively.i wl try and do the download again.tnks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:27am On Mar 27, 2012
davidugotex: Pls gurus, my problem is with my mtn modem. It no longer connects to d internet. If I click connect it writes, "error 720:A connection to the remote computer could not be established"
I have gone to the TOOLS-GENERAL and change d connection type from RAS(modem) to NDIS. After this change I tried to connect but it showed me "Connection terminated". Pls what can I do?
Try to uninstall and reinstall the modem. Also, don't forget to check if it is recharged(which I think should be the reason why you are getting that error message).
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:29am On Mar 27, 2012
umar4live: Need help urgently where can i download Adobe photoshop CS5
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tobilinoP(m): 9:16am On Mar 27, 2012
Good day peoople
pla i need ur help,
i have a dell inspiron n5040
4gb ram, 500gb, core i3. the problem is that it cannot eject flash drives succesfully, it always say the drive is being used , even when closed
i use microsoft security essentials as my antivirus, which i update regularly.
i also notice that that a file named "nmdsdcid " appears on any flash drive inserted which i then have to delete manually.
thanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Raxxye(m): 11:09am On Mar 27, 2012
omega25red: @ raxxye look in control panel sound options and unmute the the external speaker. By the way what is are you using maybe someone can give you step by step

Thanks,man, and sorry for getiing back to u this late. I‘ve tried what u suggested, but it‘s still not working. My system is HP625 OS is WINDOWS7.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by davidugotex(m): 11:18am On Mar 27, 2012
all4naija: Try to uninstall and reinstall the modem. Also, don't forget to check if it is recharged(which I think should be the reason why you are getting that error message).

I've uninstalled and reinstalled it severally but d problem still persists, I subscribed to glo data plan yesterday (although d modem is MTN but I've unlocked it to use other network) but it's not connecting. Meanwhile b4 now, whether I subscribe or not it connects, only that I won't browse but now it doesn't connect at all. Pls any further help will be appreciated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akhan1(m): 6:22pm On Mar 27, 2012
please gurus in the house, i bought esetnod32 antivirus for 3 users but could not activate the key to get the username and password, please can someone help with this problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Digriz(m): 6:39pm On Mar 27, 2012
deji2009:

instructions

.open pc suite
.click connect phone
.follow instructions

working nw.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:42am On Mar 28, 2012
Digriz: working nw.

Hello there,

We provided a computer repair service here at the United Kingdon
and would appreciate if you have a facebook account log in and search
for dejisunday add me as a friend and you can leave a comment
on how you think we help you fix your problem.

Team effort
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:51am On Mar 28, 2012
A khan: please gurus in the house, i bought esetnod32 antivirus for 3 users but could not activate the key to get the username and password, please can someone help with this problem

.where was the esetnod32 antivirus purchased ?
. How much did you paid for it ?
.Was internet active during activation ?
.Do you have overall control of the computer ?
. what antivirus security did you previously have ?
.Have you removed your current security ?

Answer them in order please just as I have
took the time to write this.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:57am On Mar 28, 2012
Raxxye:

Thanks,man, and sorry for getiing back to u this late. I‘ve tried what u suggested, but it‘s still not working. My system is HP625 OS is WINDOWS7.

all4naija: Try to uninstall and reinstall the modem. Also, don't forget to check if it is recharged(which I think should be the reason why you are getting that error message).

.Is this MTN or Zain ?

Having followed my colleague advice I suggest
that you test the dongle on another computer,
this way you'd be able to tell if is your
computer at fault. remember to add credit/top up
to your dongle
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:02am On Mar 28, 2012
omega25red: so HP actually did not release a windows 7 driver for this model of computer but usually the vista driver would work with the computer. You can try to download it from here:

www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3658348#N552">http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3658348#N552

good luck

Good idea omega25red but not really advisable as the user may
be greeted with a bsod screen better to buy an external wireless
adaptor for your windows 7. what do you reckon ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:04am On Mar 28, 2012
OmokayZ: Pls my compaq 615 running on vista shows "Plugged in,not charging" its fails to run on battery,wat shud i do

go to google and search for hp batery test
dont wory hp and compaq are the
same company. make sure your
charger is connected before the test.
This will test your battery and charger.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cindylee: 1:49pm On Mar 28, 2012
sad sad cry cry cryPlease I need help on my destop. Something automatically triggers the hidden folders and everything shows on my desktop and documents. These folders are plenty and really irritate me. I have to always go to the my documents, click on tools, folder options and then do not show hidden folders. Sometimes, when I do not use my system for a long time, the hidden files automatically come up also. Other times when I am refreshing my desktop or documents, they all come out. Other times when I am just starting my system, all the hidden files also show up.

When these folders show up on my desktop screen, they are usually so many and riitating. What can I do please? and I hope someone has been able to make sense of these jargons I have written. The IT Support person said he doesn't know what to do and hasn't seen a case like this before. I need help please :'
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 5:47pm On Mar 28, 2012
cindylee: sad sad cry cry cryPlease I need help on my destop. Something automatically triggers the hidden folders and everything shows on my desktop and documents. These folders are plenty and really irritate me. I have to always go to the my documents, click on tools, folder options and then do not show hidden folders. Sometimes, when I do not use my system for a long time, the hidden files automatically come up also. Other times when I am refreshing my desktop or documents, they all come out. Other times when I am just starting my system, all the hidden files also show up.

When these folders show up on my desktop screen, they are usually so many and riitating. What can I do please? and I hope someone has been able to make sense of these jargons I have written. The IT Support person said he doesn't know what to do and hasn't seen a case like this before. I need help please :'
seems like you have a malware that is driving your computer crazy.

you need 2 software
1. Rkill
2. Malwarebytes

boot your computer to "safe mode with networking" because you will need an update for the malwarebytes.
Then run the "rkill" which stops almost all malware processes that could be running then install update and run malwarebytes.
After malwarebytes just select remove selected files (this will happen if it finds anything) then restart and boot normal

best of luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 5:49pm On Mar 28, 2012
Raxxye:

funny yesterday something like what you described happened at work and it turned out that the sound had been disabled in the BIOS. Find someone who knows how to navigate the BIOS and see if your sound was disabled in the bios and all that would be needed would be to enable it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 5:51pm On Mar 28, 2012
deji2009:

Good idea omega25red but not really advisable as the user may
be greeted with a bsod screen better to buy an external wireless
adaptor for your windows 7. what do you reckon ?
i agree with you my good man, but if he gets the BSOD then he can just uninstall it if need be. I guess better safe than sorry.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:09am On Mar 29, 2012
davidugotex:

I've uninstalled and reinstalled it severally but d problem still persists, I subscribed to glo data plan yesterday (although d modem is MTN but I've unlocked it to use other network) but it's not connecting. Meanwhile b4 now, whether I subscribe or not it connects, only that I won't browse but now it doesn't connect at all. Pls any further help will be appreciated.
The last option after checking if your firewall is not blocking the connection is to look for a patch from the maker website.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jyaky123: 9:22am On Mar 29, 2012
We are pleased to introduce our company Pantagone Satellite was incepted in the year 1999.It is located at Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh. Our model is simple: Focus on specific technologies, like all types of Connectors, Cables, Antennas, USB Wireless Modem (2G & 3G), RF Cable / Jumper / Cable Assembly. This approach allows us to provide you with the best product offering and service available anywhere — all at competitive lead-times and prices.

If you are interested in any of our products or would like to discuss a custom order, please feel free to contact us. We are looking forward to forming successful business relationships with new clients around the world in the near future.

"wish we have chance for the cooperation.

your response would be greatly appreciated."

FOR MORE DETAIL VISIT OUR WEBSITE

http://www.indiamart.com/pantagonesatellites/
http://pantagonesatellite.co.in/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tolaani: 2:44pm On Mar 29, 2012
If you need a remote controlled key logger, send an email to sales@hotlemsecurityshop.com with your specific needs. A custom keylogger that will bypass any anti-virus can be yours at a fair price.

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.