Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,873 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1260297 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rogo: 1:15pm On Aug 14, 2009
thanks for ur response so far
deji2005:

@rogo, your system refuse to show something, how do you mean ? turns on with light but no display or it booted into windows but no desktop icons
the system monitor is just blank and when you remove the monitor from system unit the monitor will be whitish background. brother what do u think is responsible for this.  thanks

blackweaver:

refused to show anything like how?
do you mean that when you put your pc on you don't see anything at all?
if so when you press caps lock on your keyboard; does the light caps light change?
are you sure that your monitor is weel plugged into the cpu?

not even a signal but the keys of the keyboard are on.

brother what do u think is responsible for this.  thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2005(m): 1:28pm On Aug 14, 2009
@rogo thanks for the reply but that still doesnt help

just give is straight answers

Is the screen black but light on

is the a pc or notebook

Can you hear the fan spinning round (air vent)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rogo: 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2009
deji2005:

@rogo thanks for the reply but that still doesnt help

just give is straight answers

Is the screen black but light on

is the a pc or notebook

Can you hear the fan spinning round (air vent)

THE SCREEN IS BLACK AND THE LIGHT IS ON. THE FAN AND KEYBOARD IS ALSO ON. I TESTED THE RAM WITH WORKING ONES. SO WHAT IS THE EXPECTED PROBLEM. I HAVEN'T TROUBLESHOOT THE MONITOR COS I DON'T HAVE ANOTHER. SO WHAT DO U THINK MAY LIKELY BE THE PROBLEM

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2005(m): 1:44pm On Aug 14, 2009
sorry my fault, so is a pc yeah. here what you need to try

Test this monitor on different pc and see what happen

What type of connection do you use ? VGA, HDMI, VDI ?

To help you with this have attach a picture
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2005(m): 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2009
Tower
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2005(m): 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2009
tower

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2005(m): 1:46pm On Aug 14, 2009
what do you mean by you"ve tested the ram ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2005(m): 1:51pm On Aug 14, 2009
Am off my desk now but try this

disconnect the monitor vga cable (blue colour)

leave the monitor plug into the mains and tell us what it says on screen
should says no sigal or no video by displaying this it means the monitor pass the ost (onself test)

If still black then you have a faulty monitor
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2005(m): 1:55pm On Aug 14, 2009
if still no joy there 1 more will can try

disconnect all pheripherals from back of the pc

press and hold down the monitor power button for about 20 seconds do same thing for the pc(this what we called atx reset)
to discharge static buid up, worth trying

connect just kb, mouse, monitor, leads switch it back on and keep pressing f5 on kb for about 5 seconds then change to f8 something should come on if not bro then your monitor is faulty need repairing
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rogo: 2:06pm On Aug 14, 2009
deji2005:

Am off my desk now but try this

disconnect the monitor vga cable (blue colour)

leave the monitor plug into the mains and tell us what it says on screen
should says no sigal or no video by displaying this it means the monitor pass the ost (onself test)

If still black then you have a faulty monitor

WHEN I REMOVE THE SIGNAL CABLE OF THE MONITOR FROM THE SYSTEM UNIT, THE MONITOR WILL TURN WHITE IN COLOUR.

deji2005:

if still no joy there 1 more will can try

disconnect all pheripherals from back of the pc

press and hold down the monitor power button for about 20 seconds do same thing for the pc(this what we called atx reset)
to discharge static buid up, worth trying

connect just kb, mouse, monitor, leads switch it back on and keep pressing f5 on kb for about 5 seconds then change to f8 something should come on if not bro then your monitor is faulty need repairing

OK
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2009
i install window vista on my laptop, went i right click my computer and click property there a msg that say 10 days to activate window. what shd i do? went i was installing the window i insert the serial key and it accept it!!! pls guru wat shd i do.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 2:51pm On Aug 14, 2009
@rogo
you said you tested the ram with working ones; what do you mean?
is it that you put ram that you know is working on the pc
or you put the ram on a pc that you know is working?
also what happened when that happened? did it work then?

also you didn't specify: did you change your ram or your pc had
been working before and all of a sudden it stopped?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2005(m): 3:01pm On Aug 14, 2009
@blackweaver, Thanks for breaking it down
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2005(m): 3:05pm On Aug 14, 2009
@wizzywisdo during re-installation, do you have your ethernet cable plug or in other word were you connected to the internert ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2005(m): 3:06pm On Aug 14, 2009
Does it came with windows xp or vista originally ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2005(m): 3:10pm On Aug 14, 2009
Did you install vista by it`s original cd or duplicate version ?

did you insert the product key at back of cd casing or the one underneath your notebook

Or was it actually recover using hidden recovery partion on the hard drive
just to give you a clue, did you press any key on the keyboard during star up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by osasdiddy: 3:34pm On Aug 14, 2009
goodday skydancer,i do really appreciate your sacrifice of rendering selfless technical service to members of the house.I downloaded window media player version 11 from the net and I try to upgrade my version from 10 to 11.this was the beginning of my problem.My wmp has never launched.each time i try  toto,it displays AN INTERNAL ERROR HAS OCCURRED.pls kindly help me because i havn't been able to play my media files, waiting for your timely response
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 3:41pm On Aug 14, 2009
i take it your wmp 10 was working before right?
now when you installed wmp 11 were you notified that you had successfully installed it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2005(m): 4:03pm On Aug 14, 2009
might be a bug that is affecting it try this though

Click Start, and then click Run.

In the Open box, type regsvr32 jscript.dll, and then click OK.

Click OK. Have just tested the command on my xp pc and it work

After doing that you should get a message regsvr32 jscript.dll successfully register

restart your computer and the problem should be solve
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 4:26pm On Aug 14, 2009
No microsoft software has been built with java so I don't understand your suggestion.
@osadiddy: Do you use two operating systems? If so then your second os is preventing wmp from registering twice. open your windows media player dump folder. You'll see two executables: 'Run First' & 'Run Second'. (That also tells you the other in which to run them. This is a direct upgrade that does not a check for any conditions in order to register. If you don't have the dump notify me. Thanks for the appreciationwink , but there are others here.wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 5:05pm On Aug 14, 2009
@osasdiddy besides if the worst comes to the worst,
you can always use another media player; i almost never
use windows media player myself. there are lots
of free music and video players that you can download
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:07pm On Aug 14, 2009
@osadiddy try that command I gave you and give us the feed back, ok
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:23pm On Aug 14, 2009
@Rogo any update on that ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by osasdiddy: 6:03pm On Aug 14, 2009
Profound Thanks Deji2005 and may GOD bless u.I followed your command and my WMPlayer is now working after barely 2wks.U have help save some money in my pocket.credits to skydancer and all others who are making things possible here, really proud to be reckoned with this forum.LETS KEEP THE SPIRIT OF BROTHERLINESS ALIVE
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:14pm On Aug 14, 2009
everyone deserve the credit, welldone guys cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:19pm On Aug 14, 2009
There one thing I know for sure, the more you help people the better you get and apart from that am still learning, am gald is now working now
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 9:33pm On Aug 14, 2009
@deji: , I smell a ratsmiley
You're really intelligent, Are you trying to say that an upgrade caused the jscript file to corrupt. My concern is to help the needy. No strings. Keep it up.
@blackweaver: well done
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 10:09pm On Aug 14, 2009
@skydancer always glad to help
@deji man that's a nifty trick to know
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:42am On Aug 15, 2009
@skydancer, not quite sure myself, just a try and error really I think what might have happen was during the installation of windows media player version 11 some hidden software application was running in the system tray which corrupted the system as a result it fails to update the registry strings. also when he was dowloading it javacsript got damage dont ask me why is just an educated guess

the commmand I posted earlier on actually correct this in the registry system. that why is advisable when downloaing something always close any applications that might be running and also let the system finish installing the progarmme before you do anythig else or else it would corrput the progarrame and prevent it from opening such as the one my brother just experience

Conclison :seems something while installing/uninstalling corrupts the registry entries, and windows restores them only for the user that does the install/uninstall, so which means if you have a guest/visitor account WMP would work
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:44am On Aug 15, 2009
pardon me for my spelling mistake am a bit of haste
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:45am On Aug 15, 2009
rushing out see you later
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 7:08am On Aug 16, 2009
You know what I mean by smelling a rat. Don't you? We're not performing google-up tricks here. If you once had a problem with your wmp and it got solved that way. You don't need to come and tell us in such a manner. the fact is: i recieved your message. Blackweaver too. Right now one of my friends has a problem. His laptop hinges is broken. I don't know how to repair such a thing. What do you think he should do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.