Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,760 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1260664 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:13pm On Dec 10, 2012
thank you. is teamviewer remote support on recuva?

teamviewer remote support allo me to support you wirelessly I find that easier than
typing. basically I'd assist you to back up the data from my side. google it to read more

the recuva is the data rescu if you want you can do it yourself without the remote viewer
is up to you just thought it would be faster that wa if i do it for you.

It's now 9am GMT hope to read from you

You could have let me know that you're not able to make it
I could have had my breakfast.I'd wait 15 minutes more.
Sorry I usually work by time very strict about it
soon.pls use the email provided
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NoQualms1(f): 11:09am On Dec 11, 2012
deji2009:

It must definitely be an update.
Best would be to check Office and windows update, other software
like adoabe reader, flash player and Anti-Virus to mention a few
The chances of it being a Virus are [b]almost 0%
[/b]Maybe post a list of all the programs you have installed?

Also, third party software like Firefox, skpe, etc doesn't warn you before it downloads updates.
For starters you can check out Task Manager.
Switch to the Networking Tab and then see the Network usage when you are connected to the network!
This will reveal to you if any programs at all are running in the background!

Thank you Deji, I have switched all the updates I know off, when I checked the task manager, only Local Area Connection 3 was connected and the highest % was about 12%. I don't understand what it means though. But the data is still burning fast. I opened my yahoo mail and checked a mail, 2MB has gone when I checked.

I have a lot of installed programs, maybe I should even start uninstalling some of them. OMG, I just checked now, I can't type all of them.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NoQualms1(f): 11:11am On Dec 11, 2012
Double post
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:47am On Dec 11, 2012
No Qualms:

Thank you Deji, I have switched all the updates I know off, when I checked the task manager, only Local Area Connection 3 was connected and the highest % was about 12%. I don't understand what it means though. But the data is still burning fast. I opened my yahoo mail and checked a mail, 2MB has gone when I checked.

I have a lot of installed programs, maybe I should even start uninstalling some of them. OMG, I just checked now, I can't type all of them.

http://support.zen.co.uk/kb/Knowledgebase/Broadband-Usage-Allowance-FAQs
contact your broand provider mtn, zain, glo or etislat they would be able to help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kevinokereh(m): 2:15pm On Dec 11, 2012
adewasco2k:
Your system is running on which operating system?

I am using windows 7...
Thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NoQualms1(f): 2:40pm On Dec 11, 2012
deji2009:

http://support.zen.co.uk/kb/Knowledgebase/Broadband-Usage-Allowance-FAQs
contact your broand provider mtn, zain, glo or etislat they would be able to help

Thank you Deji. I will do that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hardniola(m): 9:52am On Dec 12, 2012
pls help here oooo
i was formally using win7 home premium but window crash so i do download win7 ultimate.now ma problem is dat i can find webcam nd wireless on ma lappy again. If i go to device manager all i see is
network controller nd pci showing question mark .no driver i av download d driver form dell during install it give device not install nd we not work msg.pls what can i do ma wireless nd webcam is not working again....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 12, 2012
please how can i solve this pc problem? i was playing football manager 2012 on my system, then i try to minimize it to check something on my desktop. the backlight just went off and uptil now it is not working again. please i need your help gurus in the house
i love my pc please.
thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Peter8(m): 10:05pm On Dec 12, 2012
hardniola: pls help here oooo
i was formally using win7 home premium but window crash so i do download win7 ultimate.now ma problem is dat i can find webcam nd wireless on ma lappy again. If i go to device manager all i see is
network controller nd pci showing question mark .no driver i av download d driver form dell during install it give device not install nd we not work msg.pls what can i do ma wireless nd webcam is not working again....
USE DRIVER PACK. It's a dvd disc. Use it to drive ur pc.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Peter8(m): 10:11pm On Dec 12, 2012
segzy54: please how can i solve this pc problem? i was playing football manager 2012 on my system, then i try to minimize it to check something on my desktop. the backlight just went off and uptil now it is not working again. please i need your help gurus in the house
i love my pc please.
thanks
is it a laptop or desktop? If it is a laptop, open d laptop, then remove d backlight which is below d lcd. And put it back. If d prob persist, then change d backlight
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hardniola(m): 10:36pm On Dec 12, 2012
bro
peter8 can u pls help with d link or how to go about the driver pack
Peter8:
USE DRIVER PACK. It's a dvd disc. Use it to drive ur pc.
bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Peter8(m): 10:59pm On Dec 12, 2012
hardniola: bro
peter8 can u pls help with d link or how to go about the driver packbro
WELL, AV 4GOTTEN D LINK BUT U CAN GET D DRIVER 4RM ANY COMPUTER SHOP. It's just #300 to #400
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SugaSoft(m): 7:24am On Dec 13, 2012
U WANT ANY SOFTWARE? I MEAN ANY SOFTWARE!!! ON THE PLANET!!!! wink. HOW TO CRACK ANY SOFTWARE. PLUS WE DELIVER TO YOUR OFFICE OR HOME. RANGING FROM ACCOUNTING/BANKING/#3D and #4D MODELLING/AUDIO PRODUCTION AND EDITING/VIDEO PRODUCTION AND EDITING/GRAPHIX AND DESIGNS AND GENERAL UTILITY.

WE ALSO SETUP AUDIO AND MULTIMEDIA STUDIOS FROM GROUND TO FINISH.(including seting up a mini studio in your home) cool

CONSULTATION, BUSINESS, MORE INFO. direct line
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SugaSoft(m): 7:25am On Dec 13, 2012
U WANT ANY SOFTWARE? I MEAN ANY SOFTWARE!!! ON THE PLANET!!!! wink. HOW TO CRACK ANY SOFTWARE. PLUS WE DELIVER TO YOUR OFFICE OR HOME. RANGING FROM ACCOUNTING/BANKING/#3D and #4D MODELLING/AUDIO PRODUCTION AND EDITING/VIDEO PRODUCTION AND EDITING/GRAPHIX AND DESIGNS AND GENERAL UTILITY.

WE ALSO SETUP AUDIO AND MULTIMEDIA STUDIOS FROM GROUND TO FINISH.(including seting up a mini studio in your home) cool

CONSULTATION, BUSINESS, MORE INFO. direct line
08164544336 SUGASOFT.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ahmedgafar7(m): 3:40pm On Dec 13, 2012
Guys pls where can I dowload pdf books direct without torrent
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 10:18pm On Dec 13, 2012
hardniola: pls help here oooo

This is a driver issue. Go to the website of your PC manufacturer and click on the download driver
Then choose the OS you are using and also the driver your are looking for.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 10:27pm On Dec 13, 2012
jeffstone: There are some beep sound coming from my friend's Destop? What could be this issue about?
How many beeps?

Beeping is either RAM or Motherboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 10:30pm On Dec 13, 2012
love2share: kindly plz help me wit ma hp laptop problem.. The mouse is misbehaving what can i do? or beep me on my phone to get back at u in orda to expanciate beta on it prob.Thanks. 08155646733

Reinstall d driver 1st if it doesn't work den you will have to replace it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 10:44pm On Dec 13, 2012
Dospix: Helo gurus...I use a hp dual core Amd processor;currently,some of my keyboard keys just stopped working:start key,shift,esc,g,h,delet,alt,1,2.pls what do i do? I realy need your assistance.

Try blowing the keyboard with compressed air. If I'd doesn't work den U will have to change the keyboad.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 11:00pm On Dec 13, 2012
stephenponti: Please somebody help me resolve wireless connectivity problem? THE WIRELESS connects but no internet, it started after I upgraded to window 7. I pressed Windows key + R, & pasted text below to the box, and that's the system details below.

cmd /c "ipconfig /all > %tmp%\tmp.txt && start notepad %tmp%\tmp.txt"

detailed network configuration in the system pls anybody can help me resolve this issue?

Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : tc-PC Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : hsd1.tn.comcast.net. Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection 7: Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #6 Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 4C-EB-42-8E-86-91 DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection 6: Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #5 Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 4C-EB-42-8E-86-91 DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : hsd1.tn.comcast.net. Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 1030 Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 4C-EB-42-8E-86-90 DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c58:729b 097:3335%

Kindly provide ans to d below:
- what r u connecting to?(Public wifi, home or office router)
- r u the only one connected to this gateway?
- are u sure U r connected to the correct network?

Obviously U r on DHCP but for some reason your PC has not acquired the IP.

Please go to your command prompt (start-'type cmd'- press enter) then type 'ipconfig /all copy and share the output den things will get clearer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sagbar(m): 2:53pm On Dec 14, 2012
Gurus in the house,pls whenever i hibernate my system say in d night,it will eventually ON itself mayb in d midnight and dis really make my conserved battery drained most times,it will jst shw lights indicating dat it is ON and if i press any button it wud jst open to d place i will put my password.pls i sincerely need help on dis
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by alasco1(m): 9:10pm On Dec 14, 2012
PLS, MY LAPTOP IS SHOWING.....MANUFACTURING CODE....67.........PRESS FN-X TO RESTORE BACK TO NORMAL. WHICH I DO BUT IT WILL NOT RESPOND..........PLS HELP ME OUT.......WHAT ARE D THING THAT CAN CAUSE DIS. PLS HELP OUT!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ahmedgafar7(m): 9:11pm On Dec 14, 2012
ahmedgafar7: Guys pls where can I dowload pdf books direct without torrent
gurus pls I need an answer on this
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Peter8(m): 8:35am On Dec 15, 2012
sagbar: Gurus in the house,pls whenever i hibernate my system say in d night,it will eventually ON itself mayb in d midnight and dis really make my conserved battery drained most times,it will jst shw lights indicating dat it is ON and if i press any button it wud jst open to d place i will put my password.pls i sincerely need help on dis
Don't use hibernate, use (sleep). Hibernate will weaken ur battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Peter8(m): 8:39am On Dec 15, 2012
alasco1: PLS, MY LAPTOP IS SHOWING.....MANUFACTURING CODE....67.........PRESS FN-X TO RESTORE BACK TO NORMAL. WHICH I DO BUT IT WILL NOT RESPOND..........PLS HELP ME OUT.......WHAT ARE D THING THAT CAN CAUSE DIS. PLS HELP OUT!
That's Harddisc problem. Get a bootable disc and repair it but if d prob persist, format ur system asap.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 10:36am On Dec 15, 2012
Peeps plz what can I do to avoid my firefox 4om hanging evry single time I use it ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oskaaay(m): 1:34pm On Dec 15, 2012
Any solution to a dead harddisk....I mean is there a way to revive faulty HardDisk?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:41pm On Dec 15, 2012
oskaaay: Any solution to a dead harddisk....I mean is there a way to revive faulty HardDisk?

depending on where you are there companies that specilises in retriving data
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phiszo(m): 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2012
Hello computer gurus. I installed windows 8 on my system and most of my apps are gone except my personal datas. I checked d harddisk nd saw "windows old". I browsed 2ru it and saw my old apps under program files but i can't open dem. Wat shld i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 9:08pm On Dec 15, 2012
oskaaay: Any solution to a dead harddisk....I mean is there a way to revive faulty HardDisk?
if u wanna retrieve info 4om a dead hard disk u can use " file scavenger" it will go through d hard disk and retrieve ur former files in it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Classicjimmy: 9:35pm On Dec 15, 2012
Hi computer genious,pls help me out.
My laptop is on windows 7,recently the screen went black and this ''This copy of windows is not genuine''was written on the down-left hand corner of the screen.
How do i fix this.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 10:55pm On Dec 15, 2012
Classicjimmy: Hi computer genious,pls help me out.
My laptop is on windows 7,recently the screen went black and this ''This copy of windows is not genuine''was written on the down-left hand corner of the screen.
How do i fix this.
Did your computer come with windows 7 officially? if yes reactivate it with the windows key on the computer tag.
If you installed it....then you obviously didnt install a genuine version.

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.