Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1260766 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 28, 2012
@all
'Your CASTLexc has stopped working.' is one comment that pops up occasionally on my laptop. What could this mean?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 8:02am On Dec 28, 2012
Zip_up: @all
'Your CASTLexc has stopped working.' is one comment that pops up occasionally on my laptop. What could this mean?
Simply means one application av stopped working .............
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:41am On Dec 28, 2012

What's the laptop make and model number ? e.g., Compaq cq60. It is common on Compaq laptops.

Type Programs and features in start search and press enter .

That will open the programs and features window.

find HP support assistant from the list and uninstall it .

Then re install HP support assistant from their website
Or put Hp support assistant on google and install it.

Also use the start seach to look for hp update and install it

If only you're using Hp or compaq only
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zugoboss(m): 10:38am On Dec 28, 2012
good morning. i have a elitebook, the trackpad/luxpad refuses to work most times including the left & right buttons making me to use the external mouse most times. I don't know if its a hardwaare problem or software malfunction? then secondly it has a 4gb ram & a 1gb dedicated graphics but yet it tells me it has less than 128mb vram when I want to run games or some apps. pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Johnnynash(m): 11:53am On Dec 28, 2012
Please anybody in the house to help me unlock Airtel Modem Huawei E173 please or give me a call on 08029110689
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2012
@deji2009,
Thanks. It's compaq cq 61. I will follow your instructions to the latter. @Adetwin, thanks too, for letting me know what it means.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sleeknick: 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2012
hello peeps.. please i need links to the latest pc software for free browsing on mtn and cnfigurations. plsssssss. this is my email address nicksmart97@yahoo.com

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by earthgreeners(m): 8:03pm On Dec 28, 2012
I have problems with my Laptop Charger (Dell inspiron 1520), sometimes it comes on and sometimes it doesnt...
What do you think the problem is?...and If I wld need a new one (original) like how much wld dat cost?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 8:30pm On Dec 28, 2012
sleeknick: hello peeps.. please i need links to the latest pc software for free browsing on mtn and cnfigurations. plsssssss. this is my email address nicksmart97@yahoo.com

Bro if everyone browses free how would MTN pay its workers?

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 8:38pm On Dec 28, 2012
zugoboss: good morning. i have a elitebook, the trackpad/luxpad refuses to work most times including the left & right buttons making me to use the external mouse most times. I don't know if its a hardwaare problem or software malfunction? then secondly it has a 4gb ram & a 1gb dedicated graphics but yet it tells me it has less than 128mb vram when I want to run games or some apps. pls help

1stly the track-pad issue could be software related. Kindly reinstall or update the driver and if it still persists, then you will need it changed.

For the second issue you will need to do an audit of your PC. Take an audit of all your install apps and how much memory each one takes up. Also. you may need to stop many of the apps you do not use often from starting up when windows starts up. Get back to me with what you are able to come up with den we can take it from there.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 8:44pm On Dec 28, 2012
earthgreeners: I have problems with my Laptop Charger (Dell inspiron 1520), sometimes it comes on and sometimes it doesnt...
What do you think the problem is?...and If I wld need a new one (original) like how much wld dat cost?

Think you should 1stly change the power cable attached to the actual charger. U can look for someone with d same charger and test, before deciding to change it. Am sure new charger can't be more than 10k or less for a good one. If you are looking for original then you will have to meet Dell Centre or buy fairly used from Comp Villa.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 8:51pm On Dec 28, 2012

Uninstall and reinstall CASTLexc if U still have need for it. If U don't have anymore need for it, den just remove it from your PC.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 9:02pm On Dec 28, 2012
deji2009:
Nairaland instructed us not to offer [/b]product key for [b]any software.

I think there are a few Open Source free download managers that requires no product key. This can be used. I actually use FDM although it doesn't have as much functions as the other paid software, It does the basic things I need and its free.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vijon(m): 1:04am On Dec 29, 2012
help plz,my acer aspire 5735 produces a strange noise especially if used long.though it stops bt reoccurs afta a short time. Secondly,there was a time my screen went black wit a notice dat my window is nt genuine,i had to disabled window updates nd oda tins i did to retore it to normal,nw i ve 200+ updates to download nd install bt am afraid my screen might go black again.wht should i do? Re updates really necessary?will it affect my screen?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dowjones(m): 12:55pm On Dec 29, 2012
the letter "R" on my laptop's keyboard presses uncontrollably when I'm typing or anytime I tap it.
I'm having doubts if this is keyboard related because this problem started after I changed the screen. before the screen got cracked it was working fine..
..another thing, when I right click the track pad it double clicks and acts all hypertensiive.

its a Sony viao.

I need your expert advice cos this is my baby.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 4:02pm On Dec 29, 2012
Vijon: help plz,my acer aspire 5735 produces a strange noise especially if used long.though it stops bt reoccurs afta a short time. Secondly,there was a time my screen went black wit a notice dat my window is nt genuine,i had to disabled window updates nd oda tins i did to retore it to normal,nw i ve 200+ updates to download nd install bt am afraid my screen might go black again.wht should i do? Re updates really necessary?will it affect my screen?

Check the updates and remove KB971033. It's the one that activates windows genuine advantage WGA
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 8:15pm On Dec 29, 2012
dowjones: the letter "R" on my laptop's keyboard presses uncontrollably when I'm typing or anytime I tap it.
I'm having doubts if this is keyboard related because this problem started after I changed the screen. before the screen got cracked it was working fine..
..another thing, when I right click the track pad it double clicks and acts all hypertensiive.

its a Sony viao.

I need your expert advice cos this is my baby.

Get a can of compressed air and blow all the dirt off your computer. Concentrate more on the keyboard. Some dirt is holding down the R key after you press it. This should do it.

Users have a way of eating all sorts of things on their keyboard not mind the crumbs of their food fall into the spaces below the keys on the keyboard. You need to start paying attention to taking proper care of the device.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dcal001: 8:52pm On Dec 29, 2012
hi, i left my laptop idle for while and when i came back, the screen was blank and unresponsive. I then forced it to shut down and since then it refused to boot. when you put it on, it beeps 7 times repeatedly. i took it to computer village and they said something about the power ic being bad. they have fixed it twice now and its not working. Please help....asap
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 9:44am On Dec 30, 2012
dcal001: hi, i left my laptop idle for while and when i came back, the screen was blank and unresponsive. I then forced it to shut down and since then it refused to boot. when you put it on, it beeps 7 times repeatedly. i took it to computer village and they said something about the power ic being bad. they have fixed it twice now and its not working. Please help....asap

From my experience; its a problem with the motherboard. However, let's try a little diagnostic test:

- remove battery and plug in the charger and try to turn it on. (Specify result)

- if you can locate the Memory(RAM),carefully remove
it; clean it and replace back. If you have 2 RAM remove them one at a time and test before replacing.

If it still doesn't work, then you will need to replace the motherboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gentlestam: 1:09pm On Dec 30, 2012
any youcam software link pls pals
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dowjones(m): 7:56pm On Dec 30, 2012
wolebaba:

Get a can of compressed air and blow all the dirt off your computer. Concentrate more on the keyboard. Some dirt is holding down the R key after you press it. This should do it.

Users have a way of eating all sorts of things on their keyboard not mind the crumbs of their food fall into the spaces below the keys on the keyboard. You need to start paying attention to taking proper care of the device.

thanks for the tip.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dcal001: 10:36pm On Dec 30, 2012
wolebaba:

From my experience; its a problem with the motherboard. However, let's try a little diagnostic test:

- remove battery and plug in the charger and try to turn it on. (Specify result)

- if you can locate the Memory(RAM),carefully remove
it; clean it and replace back. If you have 2 RAM remove them one at a time and test before replacing.

If it still doesn't work, then you will need to replace the motherboard.
i have removed the battery and it still doesnt come on, and changing the mother board is expensive shee
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bayoigbekele(m): 9:48am On Dec 31, 2012
My TOSHIBA celeron laptop is giving problem o, the usb ports are converting my files and folders to application and is not virus cos have scanned it so many times maybe it has been infected. Pls wat can i do. Help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vinceny200(m): 10:05am On Dec 31, 2012
deji2009:

I just want to be clear

so basically, the laptop stop beeping when you start it in safemode

or did you booted to safe mode and then restart to normal windows and
the beep stop.which one is it ? there are 2 type of beeps

1. the basic input and outout system/power on selftest

2. keyboard stuck

Make sure you check each kb keys and make sure no is stuck/press down

What's the laptop model number e.g., toshiba p300-20h

not every bios are the same but we use similar approach

the classic one is a memory ram failure or keyboard key stuck

can you pls enter the bios pressing f2. does it enter the bios setup utility

if it does enter the bios thats good. press f9 or something like that to load setup dfault
and see if it'd work

can the cd dvd drive eject pls check it ? fan running ? keyboard keys not pressed down or stuck

if you can press f8 on start and see if you can get repair ur comp... windows is loading files recov...
if you do find memory test and see what happens

the bios code could be anything. is similar to a car that displayed oil symbol on the dashboard and yet
the car has oil. it could be anything. someone need to check it for you. on this forum l@@k 4 adetwin
they fix computer. i live abroad and dont know anyone
thanks,i am very greatful.God bless u.the problem was a button stock.though,it still makes noice,i just try to adjust the button before the beeping stops.before it works it brings a message-PXE-MOF -Media text failure and some other things like check cable and other codes.i have to use the safe mode for about 30min before switching to normal mode because it will blank off.thks for always been there for all of us and all great engineers in the house you are too much.happy new yr in advance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 10:38am On Dec 31, 2012
Bayo igbekele: My TOSHIBA celeron laptop is giving problem o, the usb ports are converting my files and folders to application and is not virus cos have scanned it so many times maybe it has been infected. Pls wat can i do. Help

Its most likely a virus. Try and download malwarebyte, update it and run a full scan on your system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 31, 2012
Hi DEJI, I dnt knw if dis is ur field but I jst decided 2 try::
Its abt my glo modem. I've been using an etisalat sim 4 my glo modem 4 quite some months now(using d 200mb monthly plan for 1k) and it has been working, but last week, I recharged d 1k as usual nd got 200mb but couldn't use it on d glo modem.. I was thinking glo wud av stopped d etisalat sim stuf on dia modem, but 2day, I used anoda etisalat sim 4 d same glo modem and it worked.. Pls Deji, do u av an idea on what i should do 2 my etisalat sim 2 make it work on d glo modem because my 200mb jst dey burn 4 dia.......
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sleeknick: 11:05am On Jan 01, 2013
please i need ur help urgently. the programmes in my p.c are stopping. when i try to open any of my installed programmes, it shows that the programme has stopped working. am so confused. pls what could be the problem? i've even tried formatting it but the problem still remains thesame.
pls ur reply is urgently needed. thanks in anticipation.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nayture(f): 3:29pm On Jan 01, 2013
you can check your computer related topic that are effective at http://onenaijablog.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:27pm On Jan 01, 2013
[quote author=vinceny200][/quote]

Please to hear that. for the PXE is referring to hard drive.
boot to bios if know how and change the boot order
to hard drive at the top. make sure the network
is not at the top. if it is an hp laptop or compaq
you can run diagnostic hard drive test in the bios

If you get the chancesave all your data in safe mode
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:35pm On Jan 01, 2013
sleeknick: please i need ur help urgently. the programmes in my p.c are stopping. when i try to open any of my installed programmes, it shows that the programme has stopped working. am so confused. pls what could be the problem? i've even tried formatting it but the problem still remains thesame.
pls ur reply is urgently needed. thanks in anticipation.

Pc make and model number pls e.g., dell optiplex 755 xp or vista/win 7

Pretty sure if you click my computer or computer
on your right hand side. it either you are using
xp service pack 2 or vista/win 7 service pack 1.
if that statement is true, click start, all program..
accessories and look for run click it and type in wuapp
press enter and you'd see lots of update. mind you if you
live in nigeria this will eat all your internet bundle.
at the same time you need update to get your computer working okay

if xp you can click run and type in wupdmgr press enter
or You can navigate to Windows Update by choosing
Start→All Programs→Windows Update

Do you have norton installed or google desktop?

any up to date antivirus software ?

try using malwarebytes to
check for virus

if no joy go back to run
and type in msconfig click
continue and look for start up
remove all the ticks from the progra...
you can recognised.leave those you
dont recognise. be careful pls !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:42pm On Jan 01, 2013
chindi: Hi DEJI, I dnt knw if dis is ur field but I jst decided 2 try::
Its abt my glo modem. I've been using an etisalat sim 4 my glo modem 4 quite some months now(using d 200mb monthly plan for 1k) and it has been working, but last week, I recharged d 1k as usual nd got 200mb but couldn't use it on d glo modem.. I was thinking glo wud av stopped d etisalat sim stuf on dia modem, but 2day, I used anoda etisalat sim 4 d same glo modem and it worked.. Pls Deji, do u av an idea on what i should do 2 my etisalat sim 2 make it work on d glo modem because my 200mb jst dey burn 4 dia.......

Use the correct sim for the correct dongle
e.g. mtn for mtn sim not the other way round.

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.