Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1262828 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 3:23pm On Jan 04, 2013
pavitrabalse07: my system s operations has become very slow even though i have antivirus and i am updating it regularly..

Ur Location ? Also waiting for u to answer d questions Deji ask U .............. ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 04, 2013
Jeffy1206: Pls guyz I really need ur help on how to get. Internet download manager for ma pc.anytime I tried I was told dat ma trial period ova how do I get de product key?
i can help u on this. contact me on goldtito@gmail.com or add me on fb 07087360656..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 04, 2013
adetwin:
1stly Ur location lets see how we can come and help for a lasting solution ? ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT
Coker, Orile-Iganmu, Lagos state
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 04, 2013
Temistatics 007: me too pls,shofolahantemidayo@yahoo.com wink
contact goldtito@gmail.com.. and lets resolve this.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:14am On Jan 05, 2013
[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
Sky-walker:

Try malwarebyte in case Security essentials also fails to install.

It failed to install. I guez its a hidden virus... Any idea on deleting viruses manually?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 6:47am On Jan 05, 2013
chindi: [color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
It failed to install. I guez its a hidden virus... Any idea on deleting viruses manually?

Hmmmmmmm....then download and run the Kasparsky Virus removal tool This will get the job done. After the virus is removed, you then install an antivirus of your choice.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 7:11am On Jan 05, 2013
Jeffy1206: Pls guyz I really need ur help on how to get. Internet download manager for ma pc.anytime I tried I was told dat ma trial period ova how do I get de product key?

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/download.htm

This is free
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by alasco1(m): 8:31am On Jan 05, 2013
pls, my Dell latitude D610 is giving me error like: .....MANUFACTURING CODE: LEVEL .....(67)...... Pls what can i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Isiterere(m): 9:46am On Jan 05, 2013
Hi skydancer. Pls can u help me with a
windows vista ultimate activation
key.keep up ur good work.thumbs up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:49am On Jan 05, 2013
alasco1: pls, my Dell latitude D610 is giving me error like: .....MANUFACTURING CODE: LEVEL .....(67)...... Pls what can i do?

Make sure you dedicate a time for this
your concentration is needeD[/b]d

Unplug your charger, remove the battery and press the
power button for 10 seconds.
Restart with battery then test then test

On start up keep tapping either F1, F2, F10 or delete key
and [b]return the settings to default
. Save settings and exit.
then test it if no joy

wait until the machine asked you
to hit F1 to continue which takes awhile it might have asked you to press
Fn-), at this point, instead, just press CTRL+ALT+DEL

Wait as long as necessary let say 20 minutes Max
and allow Windows XP
to boot and use that opportunity to flash the bios to the latest one.

Read below

LAST RESORT ONLY

last resort is to go to dell website

and download/install the correct new BIOS version (flash the BIOS).

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee make sure you're very careful, installing incorrect
bios can cause irreversible problem
. make sure you disconnect all devices
i.e. printer, usb stick etc, just the charger plug to electricity and into the
laptop . you must not install the bios update without charger in electricity
and into the laptop.

make sure you follow the instructions or give
some tec savvy/laptop shop to carry it out.

in the bios in the power management L@@K
for it should be there can you see battery status
make sure your charger is connected to mains and
it should say ac adaptor unknown or health

Be careful pls !

If you were able to boot in pls save your data

It could be a motherboad problem but try the above first

success rate 45%
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 05, 2013
[quote author=Isiterere]Hi skydancer. Pls can u help me with a
windows vista ultimate activation
key.keep up m and we resolve it..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rufychuks: 4:19pm On Jan 05, 2013
@ OP, PLS HELP! my laptop keyboard stops working after the laptop reaches the area where i néed to put my password. i bought a USB keyboard but its the same thing! what do i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:39pm On Jan 05, 2013
rufychuks: @ OP, PLS HELP! my laptop keyboard stops working after the laptop reaches the area where i néed to put my password. i bought a USB keyboard but its the same thing! what do i do?

It cant be.

What the
make and
model num
of your
laptop e.g.
toshiba p300
Win XP

press f2 on start up
or any key that
can get the
laptop to bios
see if the
laptop keyboard
can get to the bios.

If in the bios
check for usb legacy
make sure is enable
and not disabled

If it cant get to the bios
lets know the laptop
make and model number to
check for any known issues
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:43pm On Jan 05, 2013
goldtito: contact me on goldtito@gmail.com and we resolve it..

We do not offer product key !
Lets follow the same rules
and everything would be fine.
If we all adhere to the same
rules and regulation nairaland
computer section would be a great
place to visit and to get technical
support. The user needs to buy a genuine
windows in other to enjoy it's full
functionality. poster like adetwin
provide a computer service and
would recommend the poster to try them.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Horpy4: 6:27pm On Jan 05, 2013
I just dont know what get wrong with my system,it office word,corel draw,power point,microsoft publisher and notepad dont work again,pls help me out,what can i do to correct this
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 11:11pm On Jan 05, 2013
fella i just found out that some of my program mes will not boot up again when i start my system , only shows the icons , as if it were deleted . who has any i ideas?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lisa04(f): 11:46pm On Jan 05, 2013
Pls I nid help. My laptop hs refused 2 come on after I used it sm days ago. Dunnoo wat cld be d problem. I even tried anoda charger 2 knw if mine is faulty,but it still wldnt come on.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Leona22g(m): 12:34am On Jan 06, 2013
Leona: Browse free on your PC without deducting your data or the credit you have on your phone, follow the link.
http://freebrowseunlimited..co.uk/2013/01/browse-free-on-your-pc.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phiszo(m): 10:15am On Jan 06, 2013
Hello computer gurus. I recently installed windows 8 and i saw a folder called "windows.old" in my hard disk. Will it be safe to delete it cuz i need more space on my hard disk.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 12:33pm On Jan 06, 2013
phiszo: Hello computer gurus. I recently installed windows 8 and i saw a folder called "windows.old" in my hard disk. Will it be safe to delete it cuz i need more space on my hard disk.

You must have upgrades your old operating system to Win8. Windows creates a backup of your old OS and name it as .old. If you do not need your old documents you may delete that folder, but I would advice that you back it up b4 you delete.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 12:43pm On Jan 06, 2013
lisa04: Pls I nid help. My laptop hs refused 2 come on after I used it sm days ago. Dunnoo wat cld be d problem. I even tried anoda charger 2 knw if mine is faulty,but it still wldnt come on.

Did you shutdown properly the last time it wad used?
If no then my guess is that you allowed you battery to get totally drained. So let go thruough the following:

Remove the battery and connect the charger, the press the start button. If it comes up, then you would need to charge your battery for a long time before turning on the Lappy.
If it doesn't come up then the issue has to do with a part of your board. This can be easily fixed by any good hardware techie.

You can contact me on woleaheeb@gmail.com so I can recommend a good techie for you if you stay in lagos.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 12:51pm On Jan 06, 2013
purplekayc: fella i just found out that some of my program mes will not boot up again when i start my system , only shows the icons , as if it were deleted . who has any i ideas?

VIRUS.....plain and simple!!! Get and install a good antivirus. Restore your PC to a good point, and install an antivirus to clean up your device.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 12:55pm On Jan 06, 2013
Horpy4: I just dont know what get wrong with my system,it office word,corel draw,power point,microsoft publisher and notepad dont work again,pls help me out,what can i do to correct this

What error do you see when you start any of the programmes.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lisa04(f): 1:16pm On Jan 06, 2013
@wolebaba,thnx vri vri much. D last tym I used d laptop,I clickd on hibernate,and after dt,it neva came on again. And one of d keypads went off,I ws advised 2 use superglue,dunno if it contributed 2 d problem. N pls m presently nt in lag nw,am in anambra state.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 1:38pm On Jan 06, 2013
lisa04: @wolebaba,thnx vri vri much. D last tym I used d laptop,I clickd on hibernate,and after dt,it neva came on again. And one of d keypads went off,I ws advised 2 use superglue,dunno if it contributed 2 d problem. N pls m presently nt in lag nw,am in anambra state.

Try out my above suggestion first and let's see.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bjayjay: 3:32am On Jan 07, 2013
@ gurus in the house, I am using a hp 620 laptop, I recently got a universal modem called icon 225 upon using it for some minutes like 10 to 15 minutes it gets hot and the network is switched off upon which I'll remove and allow to cool down, then d process repeats itself upon connecting to the laptop. To my surprise I connected the same modem to my sis laptop and it's working fine so what could be the problem of it not working effectively on my laptop. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:59am On Jan 07, 2013
Bjayjay: @ gurus in the house, I am using a hp 620 laptop, I recently got a universal modem called icon 225 upon using it for some minutes like 10 to 15 minutes it gets hot and the network is switched off upon which I'll remove and allow to cool down, then d process repeats itself upon connecting to the laptop. To my surprise I connected the same modem to my sis laptop and it's working fine so what could be the problem of it not working effectively on my laptop. Thanks

does the connection drops everytime ?

I cant seems to get what you meant

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SundaysTechLab and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.