Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1262711 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:08pm On Feb 26, 2010
Chykason:

Our able hands,
I have HP COMPAQ with 120Gb HDD, 3Ghz processor & 512 Ram. Because the pc isn't sending any signals to the monitor, i tried replacing d Ram. But it have developed fresh fault: every time i ON d Pc, power indicator will blink and off immediately. Please, I don't know what's wrong with it. Thanks in anticipation!

Dear Chykason,

Thanks for the above enquiry and here is your diagnostics.
This behaviour can either be hardware or software problem.

When led blinks is power going to the pc ?

Can you hear beep when powered on ?

Disconnect power lead, monitor, keyboard, mouse and other
removable device such as printer, usb, cables, SD card etc.

This process is called ATX Reset to discharge static electricity
from the motherboard which house all of your component. is
pretty much like a car engine. Don't be alarm ! we are not trying
to turn it on even though no connections such as power lead.

Hold your PC Power button down for 30 seconds then test.
when connecting your  monitor cable could you make sure there
is no other similar connection at the back of your pc.
if still no joy i will advice you swap test with a different monitor#
and see what happens. Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chykason(m): 8:34am On Feb 27, 2010
deji2009:

Dear Chykason,

Thanks for the above enquiry and here is your diagnostics.
This behaviour can either be hardware or software problem.

When led blinks is power going to the pc ?

Can you hear beep when powered on ?

Disconnect power lead, monitor, keyboard, mouse and other
removable device such as printer, usb, cables, SD card etc.

This process is called ATX Reset to discharge static electricity
from the motherboard which house all of your component. is
pretty much like a car engine. Don't be alarm ! we are not trying
to turn it on even though no connections such as power lead.

Hold your PC Power button down for 30 seconds then test.
when connecting your  monitor cable could you make sure there
is no other similar connection at the back of your pc.
if still no joy i will advice you swap test with a different monitor#
and see what happens. Good luck !
power goes into the pc. But i didn't hear any beeps.
I've tried that too and no way yet.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by just4just: 10:26am On Feb 27, 2010
hi, i just buy new system. i can not read any file document i download or open . or document i transfer to through my phone . i try some conversion but couldnt work.
but i remember in my email document can be converted using universal conversion
options givenl. pls help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 8:39pm On Feb 27, 2010
just4just:

hi, i just buy new system. i can not read any file document i download or open . or document i transfer to through my phone . i try some conversion but couldnt work.
but i remember in my email document can be converted using universal conversion
options givenl. pls help.

are you sure you have the appropriate software to open the files you want to open? if the computer is new as you stated in your post, then you would need to install software to open certain types of files. . .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:27am On Feb 28, 2010
Chykason:

power goes into the pc. But i didn't hear any beeps.
I've tried that too and no way yet.

Any power cut recently (electricity)?
Are you using UPS backup ?

Did you follow my atx reset instructions
where you disconnect everything and hold
you power button down ? when turn on keep pressing/
repeatedly f10 to get to bios. is like a blue screen

can you get to Bios if not then see a technician.

Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by qeemus: 8:22am On Feb 28, 2010
i can no longer hear sound of any sort from my laptop except i connect head set.please what could be wrong.??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lynxnoon(m): 11:12am On Feb 28, 2010
guys pls i seriously need ur help oh!!!
recently my laptop just hangs or the screen becomes blur before hanging and i would have to restart. It got o a point that when i try booting it runs and jst hangs
At 1st i tot it was a virus thing so i did a system restore and later had to format the system but it keeps doing the same thing
I switch to ubuntu linux frm vista and it was stable for a while but ltr the blurring screen and hanging started.
Pls how can i resolve thi issue 1ce and for all?. . . i was tinking it's a display driver issue but i need your expert opinion and advice
Thanks for your respone
Cheers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:57pm On Feb 28, 2010
dont those laptops come with diagnostics utilities? something is spoilt on that board
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lalaboi(m): 2:48pm On Feb 28, 2010
lynxnoon:

guys pls i seriously need your help oh!!!
recently my laptop just hangs or the screen becomes blur before hanging and i would have to restart. It got o a point that when i try booting it runs and jst hangs
At 1st i tot it was a virus thing so i did a system restore and later had to format the system but it keeps doing the same thing
I switch to ubuntu linux frm vista and it was stable for a while but ltr the blurring screen and hanging started.
Pls how can i resolve thi issue 1ce and for all?. . . i was tinking it's a display driver issue but i need your expert opinion and advice
Thanks for your respone
Cheers

Try displaying on an external output device. . .maybe a projector. . .If it does hang again, Then its an internal probs with the display cables probably. . .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 3:09pm On Feb 28, 2010
qeemus:

i can no longer hear sound of any sort from my laptop except i connect head set.please what could be wrong.??
try system restore first. . .cant think of any other thing, except maybe your speaker's having gone bad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tommyneo: 3:50pm On Feb 28, 2010
make sure your system isnt on mute, mine works with earphones when on mute. else a cable is snapped i.e if systemrestore dont bring em back.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:33pm On Feb 28, 2010
Lynx is d laptop d flat plain looking sort hp? Cos if its dt 1 its definitely d flex. Its a common issue 4 dt type. Dnt rmbr d model range bt yes av seen dt often.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:53am On Mar 01, 2010
qeemus:

Dear qeemus,

Thanks for the above enquiry, could you specify make and model of your computer
and operating system type.Here's your diagnostics.

Can you hear sound from your laptop speaker with no headphone attach ? Yes or no[/b]

when you connect an headphone did you get any message. like the image below ?

Right click on My Computer
Select and click Properties
Click on Hardware
Click on Properties

Remove the check from the box marked Enable digital CD audio for this CD-ROM device
Double click DVD-ROM/CD-ROM to bring up the drive properties

Open Windows® Media Player by clicking Start > Programs > Windows Media Player
Click on Tools
Click on Options

Ensure the CD/DVD Drive is Highlighted and then click Properties

Enable Analog playback.
Click on Apply and OK to confirm the changes.

Click on Devices

Then click on OK and then Apply to confirm the changes
Click on Device Manager

Good luck !

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lynxnoon(m): 9:45am On Mar 01, 2010
sorry guys i cant insert quotes so i'll try to answer as possible as i can

@4llerbe
no its not d flat type, its hp dv2990nr artist edition. . . . i ran a diagnostic and it didnt show any problem. . .well except d issue of geting antivirus

@lalaboi
i'll try out wat u suggested wen i come across an external device i can use

*screenshots below*

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lynxnoon(m): 9:53am On Mar 01, 2010
anoda one

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kizi: 3:22pm On Mar 01, 2010
My laptop was showing blue screen I tried rebooting it shows the xp screen but within secs. changes to blue screen and worst I couldn't access my desktop except I right click the taskbar and ' show the desktop ' in btw a message was poppong up ' Advance Defender ' my conclusion virus after reading most post on this thread I finally find a solution.
I tried this link and it works like magic:
http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware

Once again guys tnx and keep up the good work.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 4:31pm On Mar 01, 2010
kizi:

My laptop was showing blue screen I tried rebooting it shows the xp screen but within secs. changes to blue screen and worst I couldn't access my desktop except I right click the taskbar and ' show the desktop ' in btw a message was poppong up ' Advance Defender ' my conclusion virus after reading most post on this thread I finally find a solution.
I tried this link and it works like magic:
http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware

Once again guys tnx and keep up the good work.

You are welcome bro. People dont believe me when I tell them that link is the solution to their virus problems.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by erico2k2(m): 10:10pm On Mar 01, 2010
anybody using windows 7 in the house?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 10:19pm On Mar 01, 2010
erico2k2:

anybody using windows 7 in the house?

Yeah whats up?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tjad: 10:25pm On Mar 01, 2010
My fellow guys, i have this dell computer Pentium 3, i just bought a hardware which i need to connect internally to the computer. I have tried everything possible to remove the casing(external pack), all to no avail, i have checked the whole body of the computer, and i did'nt see any bolt(nut). What do i do.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by erico2k2(m): 11:15pm On Mar 01, 2010
denzel2009:

Yeah whats up?
well Im in a need of the activation code, I have the Ultimate edition, can you bail me out?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 11:32pm On Mar 01, 2010
Try mine you might be lucky FJGCP-4DFJD-GJY49-VJBQ7-HYRR2
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by erico2k2(m): 11:43pm On Mar 01, 2010
denzel2009:

Try mine you might be lucky FJGCP-4DFJD-GJY49-VJBQ7-HYRR2
thank you so much,I will try it, you just saved me a hell of a trouble.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dwind: 7:04am On Mar 02, 2010
Good morning all

I lost my HP Deskjet D2460 printer software so as I format the system, to install the printer now has turned it self to a mighty problem.

I have download the software at HP site but if i try installing it will pop with a warning
(your system did not pass a genuine window click on uninstall to council installation)

Please fellow nairalanders help me resolve this problem withing 3hrs.

Thanks for assisting
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 7:16am On Mar 02, 2010
Whats your OS?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dwind: 7:31am On Mar 02, 2010
Whats your OS?

Windows XP Professional
version 2002
service park2
pentium III
processing speed 863MHz
Ram 256
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:56am On Mar 02, 2010
Dwind:

Good morning all

I lost my HP Deskjet D2460 printer software so as I format the system, to install the printer now has turned it self to a mighty problem.

I have download the software at HP site but if i try installing it will pop with a warning
(your system did not pass a genuine window click on uninstall to council installation)

Please fellow nairalanders help me resolve this problem withing 3hrs.

Thanks for assisting

Dear Dwind,

Thanks for the above enquiry and would appreciate if you can state whether this xp or vista.
I take is vista due to it's popularity. when you get the message click on continue anyway and
you will be fine. if no joy then turn off the computer and keep pressing f8 repeatedly and you"ll come
to advance options. choose disable driver enforcement signature and test
when on the HP website make sure you select your country before downloading and installing.

Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:57am On Mar 02, 2010
Dwind:

Windows XP Professional
version 2002
service park2
pentium III
processing speed 863MHz
Ram 256

That's fine Dwind
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 8:06am On Mar 02, 2010
You can try this

http://www.filecluster.com/downloads/RemoveWGA.html

Its self explanatory
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tjad: 11:07am On Mar 02, 2010
Where can i download VGA, OR DirectX.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by theroo: 11:28am On Mar 02, 2010
hello, i was wondering if someone could please help me, i have a hp laptop and all of the sudden it started sticking and i have to push on the right front corner to get it to go, does anyone have any idea why it is doing this? thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lovinboi(m): 1:41pm On Mar 02, 2010
plz can sumone tell me aw much a fairly used hp550 screen cost, n direction to a store at pc village were i can get it

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.