Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,533 members, 7,801,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (417) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1260126 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 21, 2014
Pls i need help. Dnt knw wat went wrong. My hp mini suddenly stopped charging, it only works wen the charger is connected to power. It goes off immediately i unplug d charger.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 6:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
numericalguy:

Thanks... more grease, ororo and red oil to your elbows grin

Also @ all4naija.. thanks a million for the wonderful advice.

No probs.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:36pm On Aug 21, 2014
numericalguy: Hi computer engineers,

I'm using an Acer 32-bit laptop with the following configuration.
RAM - 1GB
Processor - 1.6GHz dual CPU (intel)
Operating system - Windows 7 Ultimate

The laptop has been slowing down of late and sometimes freezes up for like a minute which can be frustrating. I have a good anti virus and I have formatted the laptop several times but the problem still persist.

I'm currently thinking of upgrading the RAM to 3GB or 4G but I don't know if that would solve the problem.

As a trial and error, you could try upgrading the ram. however when diagnosing a slow system.
it is advisable to use google to narrow what might have caused it to slow. simply type make
your computer fast on google and follw all the advice on how to tweak the settings get rid of junks and
also memory. The general believe is that always install the default Operating system unless that cause a problem,
thee should be no need to upgrade. At the back of the laptop, there would be a model number, for example
acer aspire 5315, please check previous post before replying. Visit acer's website and have a look for windows 7.
if windows 7 is not on the acer's website, there is no point installing windows 7 because the architecture built into the system
can only manage the recommended operating system. the manufacturer's knows best. people often say that is okay to install any OS, but
professionally and realistically stick to default OS. Is like putting a toyota yaris engine oil into a a toyota avensis engine. although they are from the same manu'f but the archietecture built into the systems are completely different. to conclude, you can try upgrading the memory
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by souljaboi51(m): 7:49pm On Aug 21, 2014
MARKone:

What is ur processor type, and speed

I want to assume your complain bothers on the Boot time if ur equipment. If so, start ur system in Safe mode by pressing F8 while it is starting, if it does not lag, then the problem is from some applications loading with the OS during start up.

Restart the system to normal mode. Hold ur windows logo key + R, on the run dialog box, type msconfig and press enter. Locate the "startup" tab, at the bottom, u will see a disable all check box, click on it, then ok and restart the system. Uninstall all unwanted programs and try to defragment ur hard disk. Let us know if this solves the problem.

the processor is intel (R) Pentium R. CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz. 64 bit OS.
i have done as you asked especially clearing the programs with the startup. it seems better now. although i have not really had time to scrutinize it as i am studying for CIPM holding tomorrow.
thanks so much for your help. i appreciate it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MARKone(m): 7:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
souljaboi51:

the processor is intel (R) Pentium R. CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz. 64 bit OS.
i have done as you asked especially clearing the programs with the startup. it seems better now. although i have not really had time to scrutinize it as i am studying for CIPM holding tomorrow.
thanks so much for your help. i appreciate it.

Best of luck.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by factorial1(m): 8:25pm On Aug 21, 2014
all4naija: You need to change your Keyboard layout to QWERTY American English. if you are using Windows 7 do the following:

1) Click 'Start' and type into search bar intl.cpl and press ENTER

2) Click Keyboard and Regional Language tab.

3) Next click 'change Keyboard'

4) Click 'Add' and scroll down for English USA and click the [+] to expand it.

5) Select the box close to keyboard and click 'OK'.

6) Click 'Default input language' the drop-down and select 'American English'.

7) click 'Apply' and click 'Ok'.
Thanks bro, I've done that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adeyinka12(m): 11:22pm On Aug 21, 2014
i want to refill my laserjet printer.please how did i refill it,thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 3:16am On Aug 22, 2014
Pinkyeyes: Pls i need help. Dnt knw wat went wrong. My hp mini suddenly stopped charging, it only works wen the charger is connected to power. It goes off immediately i unplug d charger.
Battery issues.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 3:24am On Aug 22, 2014
Adeyinka12: i want to refill my laserjet printer.please how did i refill it,thanks
What's the model? Use youtube to search for the appropriate videos. There are tons of them.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 9:10am On Aug 22, 2014
Adeyinka12: i want to refill my laserjet printer.please how did i refill it,thanks

pls ur location? lets see if we can come over for perfect job
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by donigspain(m): 9:58am On Aug 22, 2014
My HP Compaq Mini Laptop is faulty.

ORIGINAL KEYBOARD FAULT
- All the keys work except keys A S D F G Z C.
- Key Z repeats itself multiple times once you boot to desktop. Stop only when you hit the keyboard a little.

I was advised to get a new keyboard which I went for yesterday at Computer Village. I tried many keyboards but they kept repeating the following error sequence:
- All keys respond when punched
- Key Z no longer repeats itself
- When you press key A it displays AZ, key S displays SX, key D displays DC etc. and these are the keys that DON'T WORK in the original keyboard.

The technician cleaned the Keyboard Controller on the motherboard with brush (no spirit) and tried the keyboards again but it still repeated same errors. He now concluded that the Keyboard Controller is faulty and cannot be changed. I only have to make do with external keyboards.

MAIN-POINT:
Engineers in the house, what do you think of the above situation.
- Is the technician's diagnosis/troubleshooting correct?
- If yes, is the keyboard controller fixable/repairable?
- If yes, what will it cost me to fix it?

adetwin MARKone deji2009 skydancer Oxone BetaTechnicians
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dlordisgreat1(f): 10:16am On Aug 22, 2014
Dear computer gurus,

Come to my aid, i changed my system password few days ago, i have been using my former password for long, changed it due to my siblings, they too love games, i don't use it since then, i ON it now, but it giving me incorrect password, tried all possible passwords, all effort has been proved abortive,
Now, i am trying to reset the password, i insert my flashdrive, it saying the disk is not a password reset disk,
please all, come to my aid, am dying, i can't afford to lose all my files. Formatting is not an option.
Please!!!!!!
Acer core i3, windows 8.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by plainmirror(m): 10:41am On Aug 22, 2014
HP C6220

I recently installed WinningEleven soccer software and after a successful installation, I tried to launch the game via 'Run as administrator' but the problem now is this »»»

the game runs but no visual display.

- I have troubleshooted yet no meaningful headway.

Please can someone help me out of this.
Gurus and tech veterans
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Funjosh(m): 11:21am On Aug 22, 2014
Dlordisgreat1: Dear computer gurus,

Come to my aid, i changed my system password few days ago, i have been using my former password for long, changed it due to my siblings, they too love games, i don't use it since then, i ON it now, but it giving me incorrect password, tried all possible passwords, all effort has been proved abortive,
Now, i am trying to reset the password, i insert my flashdrive, it saying the disk is not a password reset disk,
please all, come to my aid, am dying, i can't afford to lose all my files. Formatting is not an option.
Please!!!!!!
Acer core i3, windows 8.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hmmmm
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by benatex(m): 11:42am On Aug 22, 2014
Guys i've got 60k and i wanna order a laptop from JUMIA, i really don't know d features that make a gaming laptop, can someone help me cbeck their website and give me the link of the one you see. thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 12:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
benatex: Guys i've got 60k and i wanna order a laptop from JUMIA, i really don't know d features that make a gaming laptop, can someone help me cbeck their website and give me the link of the one you see. thanks

Gaming laptop at 60k is only possible 2nd hand. Gaming laptop are laptops with a minimum of a dedicated 1gb graphics card (for today's games). You can get a 2nd hand gaming laptop with a less powerful graphics card at 60k. What you'll get on Jumia at that price will play older games on low quality settings. It won't play 2013/2014 games well if at all.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2014
donigspain: My HP Compaq Mini Laptop is faulty.

ORIGINAL KEYBOARD FAULT
- Key Z repeats itself multiple times once you boot to desktop. Stop only when you hit the keyboard a little.

I was advised to get a new keyboard which I went for yesterday at Computer Village. I tried many keyboards but they kept repeating the following error sequence:
- When you press key A it displays AZ, key S displays SX, key D displays DC etc. and these are the keys that DON'T WORK in the original keyboard.

The technician cleaned the Keyboard Controller on the motherboard with brush (no spirit) and tried the keyboards again but it still repeated same errors. He now concluded that the Keyboard Controller is faulty and cannot be changed. I only have to make do with external keyboards.

MAIN-POINT:

Sorry I wasn't around to attend to you. i guess you were the one that met with Gloria?

She explained to me what happened. I can't wrap my head around it yet. But I guess a bios reset and update is a sure way to go for now. It's the system and not the keyboard that's bad.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by benatex(m): 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
http://www./hp-250-intel-dual-core-4gb-500gb-15.6-inch-windows-8-notebook-free-bag-83700.html

guys pls check if dat laptop is good for gaming...its got an intel pentium dual core b980 2.4ghz with a 4gb ram
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dlordisgreat1(f): 3:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
Funjosh:

Hmmmm
any help to render?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
ORIGINAL KEYBOARD FAULT
MAIN-POINT:

onegig:

Sorry I wasn't around to attend to you. i guess you were the one that met with Gloria?

She explained to me what happened. I can't wrap my head around it yet. But I guess a bios reset and update is a sure way to go for now. It's the system and not the keyboard that's bad.

Given the above, it would appear that the laptop is suffering
from a software problem. In practice, a new keyboard should
have fix the issue. if that didn't fix it, the manuf's website would
be the next step. FAQ'S and software could be apply and see if it
happens again. What is actual model number of the laptop ?

We could do the followings

.check the bios by tabbing f1o to check for any
keyboard settings or reset the bios f9 and f10 to
save the changes

.secondly check the white or brown plastic pins on the laptop keyboard
were not bent during the installation of the keyboard.

When the new kb was installed, there was a slight improvement, however the Keys
continue to type two letters.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 4:19pm On Aug 22, 2014
onegig:

bro i was not the one she met .... it will b glad if she let know her location so we see what we can do @least they av tried their best 4 village
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 22, 2014

ORIGINAL KEYBOARD FAULT

MAIN-POINT:

1) Try external keyboard to test if it still behaved the same way.

2) Look for the system exact keyboard not compatible keyboard when buying a keyboard.

3) It could be there is a problem with your motherboard if the external keyboard behave the same way. In that case you have to see a good tech to rectify the problem. If not get a new motherboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by donigspain(m): 4:35pm On Aug 22, 2014
deji2009:

Given the above, it would appear that the laptop is suffering

save the changes

I'll try the BIOS reset. Thanks all.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:36pm On Aug 22, 2014
Funjosh:

Hmmmm

Given your explanations, it would appear that you have forgotten your windows password.
it would not be easy because it was a 'password issue. This section does not
permit us to crack password but can advise you on getting it done. first, I would advise you
to get a technician help. it is a new operating system with a built in erecovery software, if
corrupted could render your computer useless if the event that you need to reformat in near future.
corrupting the built in 'partition' would cost you money to get another window's 8 cd. your best option is
to get it done professionally or use the search engine to carry out a solid research on 'resetting windows password'
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 22, 2014
donigspain: I'll try the BIOS reset. Thanks all.
Did it work?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2014
plainmirror: HP C6220

I recently installed WinningEleven soccer software and after a successful installation, I tried to launch the game via 'Run as administrator' but the problem now is this »»»

the game runs but no visual display.

- I have troubleshooted yet no meaningful headway.

Please can someone help me out of this.
Gurus and tech veterans

Is the laptop very old? if it is, don't waste your time
on installing the game on that machine.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
Pinkyeyes: Pls i need help. Dnt knw wat went wrong. My hp mini suddenly stopped charging, it only works wen the charger is connected to power. It goes off immediately i unplug d charger.

onegig: Battery issues.
onegig: Battery issues.

Given that, I would advise you use hp battery test from 'Google'.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by donigspain(m): 5:07pm On Aug 22, 2014
all4naija: Did it work?
I'm still at work. I'll give it a try at home.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TUNEX89(m): 6:34pm On Aug 22, 2014
Help o. i formated my laptop but before i formated it i backup my document now the problem is how to restore my document is what i don't know. Pls come to my aid.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by plainmirror(m): 7:40pm On Aug 22, 2014
deji2009:

Is the laptop very old? if it is, don't waste your time
on installing the game on that machine.
It isn't sire
HP Compaq nc6220
Pentium M
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by donigspain(m): 7:58pm On Aug 22, 2014
deji2009: Given the above, it would appear that the laptop is suffering

save the changes

Actual number of laptop is Compaq Mini CQ10-100
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 8:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
benatex: http://www./hp-250-intel-dual-core-4gb-500gb-15.6-inch-windows-8-notebook-free-bag-83700.html

guys pls check if dat laptop is good for gaming...its got an intel pentium dual core b980 2.4ghz with a 4gb ram

This won't play modern games (2013/2014) well. Older games may run at low quality settings and lower resolution.

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.