Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1262714 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 10:12am On Sep 16, 2014
sugarcoatted:
Yes it goes off once unpluged. Tnx a lot 4 ur help. Do you know how much a new battery would cost? Btw, d battery was changed early ds year

To be honest I'm not sure about the price but the last time I got it was around N7,500.

The problem with these batteries dying quickly is as a result of our power supply.
You either over charge your laptop - for example you plug it on power over night - that's bad! It kills the battery cells .

Secondly - electricity spike or surge spoils the battery . When ever you buy a new batter make sure you buy a surge protector aswell. It helps against too high current killing the battery cells.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 10:25am On Sep 16, 2014
sugarcoatted:
Yes it goes off once unpluged. Tnx a lot 4 ur help. Do you know how much a new battery would cost? Btw, d battery was changed early ds year

yes we can help get d battery, where is ur location? lets see if we can deliver @ ur door step
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stevekeri(m): 2:03pm On Sep 16, 2014
Mellorix:

please follow the procedure below

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/139810-sfc-scannow-run-command-prompt-boot.html

if it doesn't still work then you might have to restore to a previous date. (hope system restore is enabled on your system.

let me know if you need further help.
pls are you in Lagos, I HV don so many thing on d system and d system did not come up. pls can I bring it 2 your place for you 2 see. or can you give me your number so dat I can call you. I am tired of it. I Dnt wnt 2 add more problem 2 it. pls help if you can help. I am red 2 come 2 your shop if you can help. Thanks I hope 2 hear from you soon
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 2:18pm On Sep 16, 2014
stevekeri: pls are you in Lagos, I HV don so many thing on d system and d system did not come up. pls can I bring it 2 your place for you 2 see. or can you give me your number so dat I can call you. I am tired of it. I Dnt wnt 2 add more problem 2 it. pls help if you can help. I am red 2 come 2 your shop if you can help. Thanks I hope 2 hear from you soon

Firstly, i dont live in Lagos - , Secondly - I can direct you over the phone then we sort it out together. You can probably ring me at night. Drop your number or email and ill message you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KunAviero(m): 5:44pm On Sep 16, 2014
My system plays only through one ear of every earpiece I plug into it. This problem started recently. Can you help me out with how I can fix this cos it's massively irritating.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:22pm On Sep 16, 2014
KunAviero: My system plays only through one ear of every earpiece I plug into it. This problem started recently. Can you help me out with how I can fix this cos it's massively irritating.

"Check system preferences/sound/output and make sure the balance slider is set to the center"

"Have you checked the settings in System Preferences>Sound? Are you certain that the jack is fully inserted?"
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:25pm On Sep 16, 2014
tomtyte02: I bought a hp15 pavilion with AMD processor three days ago and it just started displaying a blank screen when working. the cursor would still appear and move but nothing else is displayed or working. please what's the problem and what should I do

Google hp laptop recall to find out more.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 7:42pm On Sep 16, 2014
KunAviero: My system plays only through one ear of every earpiece I plug into it. This problem started recently. Can you help me out with how I can fix this cos it's massively irritating.

Have a look at the below if your system is 100 on both Left and Right.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mention(m): 8:16pm On Sep 16, 2014
Please can someone help me with the pros and cons of Linux OS..
Planning to go for a lenovo laptop with Linux OS but some peeps are advising I remain with my windows..
I also heard linux z an open source OS which I like...
So please what z d advantage/disadvantage of Linux over Windows
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 8:35pm On Sep 16, 2014
Mention: Please can someone help me with the pros and cons of Linux OS..
Planning to go for a lenovo laptop with Linux OS but some peeps are advising I remain with my windows..
I also heard linux z an open source OS which I like...
So please what z d advantage/disadvantage of Linux over Windows

This is more of a personal decision and your IT skills .

If you are an average user, who uses the computer for some email, little bit of presentations or spread-sheets, movies and web browsing, Ubuntu/Linux is Definitely the operating system you should use. It enables you to accomplish everything that you normally do using Windows 7, its much more secure, has little or no maintenance, and its free of cost.

For advanced users, say web designers, gamers,programmers who develop software for the Microsoft platform, or have certain applications that only run on Windows, you should stick to Windows .

Personally, I like windows for personal use. It feels easy for me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mention(m): 9:03pm On Sep 16, 2014
Mellorix:

This is more of a personal decision and your IT skills .

If you are an average user, who uses the computer for some email, little bit of presentations or spread-sheets, movies and web browsing, Ubuntu/Linux is Definitely the operating system you should use. It enables you to accomplish everything that you normally do using Windows 7, its much more secure, has little or no maintenance, and its free of cost.

For advanced users, say web designers, gamers,programmers who develop software for the Microsoft platform, or have certain applications that only run on Windows, you should stick to Windows .

Personally, I like windows for personal use. It feels easy for me.
Hmmmmm... Can I play my PES, FIFA on Linux like I do on my windows?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 9:15pm On Sep 16, 2014
Mention:
Hmmmmm... Can I play my PES, FIFA on Linux like I do on my windows?

I dont know really. Just go with Windows and be happy. (or someone else can answer this )
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ysquare(m): 10:54pm On Sep 16, 2014
Good evening guys, my system refused to come up since morning. When i pressed the on button, it showed the window stuff after that instead of log in it showed shutting down and that is where it remain. Pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stevekeri(m): 11:34pm On Sep 16, 2014
Mellorix:

Firstly, i dont live in Lagos - , Secondly - I can direct you over the phone then we sort it out together. You can probably ring me at night. Drop your number or email and ill message you.
pls dis is my Email address,, looking4steve99@gmail. com...or you send me a text on dis number 08032496635. thanks i will call you at night as you said. pls help me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 11:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
tomtyte02: I bought a hp15 pavilion with AMD processor three days ago and it just started displaying a blank screen when working. the cursor would still appear and move but nothing else is displayed or working. please what's the problem and what should I do
AMD wahala. grin I hope it came with warranty. Take it back to the seller and have it evaluated for, among other things, VGA problem. In case you need a new one (intel processor), check my signature message.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 11:55pm On Sep 16, 2014
stevekeri: pls are you in Lagos, I HV don so many thing on d system and d system did not come up. pls can I bring it 2 your place for you 2 see. or can you give me your number so dat I can call you. I am tired of it. I Dnt wnt 2 add more problem 2 it. pls help if you can help. I am red 2 come 2 your shop if you can help. Thanks I hope 2 hear from you soon
I can be of help. Check my signature.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 12:00am On Sep 17, 2014
sugarcoatted:
It won't cost you more than 7k5. Remember to go along with your system and confirm the battery is alright before paying. Do you need help in this regard?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ysquare(m): 6:39am On Sep 17, 2014
ysquare: Good evening guys, my system refused to come up since morning. When i pressed the on button, it showed the window stuff after that instead of log in it showed shutting down and that is where it remain. Pls help
i need urgent help pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kylexy3000(m): 8:04am On Sep 17, 2014
my hp compaq 6735s wont install pes2014..while installing..i always see unarc.dil error,decompressing failed.
archive corrupted

any help pls??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mention(m): 8:28am On Sep 17, 2014
Mellorix:

I dont know really. Just go with Windows and be happy. (or someone else can answer this )
Thanks for ya time...

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mention(m): 8:29am On Sep 17, 2014
Please how possible is it to get a Neatly used Windows
7 Laptop with 250-300gb HDD, 2gb RAM, A Dual core
Processor and 2-3hours of battery life @ 30K?
Not a mini laptop!
And where can I get such deals from..
M @ Owerri tho..
Please its Urgent, A friend needs one of such Laptop in
Two weeks time and his budget is just 30K!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 10:18am On Sep 17, 2014
ysquare: Good evening guys, my system refused to come up since morning. When i pressed the on button, it showed the window stuff after that instead of log in it showed shutting down and that is where it remain. Pls help

Same thing happening to @stevekeri ,

try to start your computer in "LAST KNOWN good configuration". by pressing F8 at start up the chose last know good configuration.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ysquare(m): 12:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
Mellorix:

try to start your computer in "LAST KNOWN good configuration". by pressing F8 at start up the chose last know good configuration.
Thanks man, i followed the tread and i did that but it was just making sound like ups sound. Thank again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stevekeri(m): 12:15pm On Sep 17, 2014
Mellorix:

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stevekeri(m): 12:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
Mellorix:

I did as you said, but d system didn't come up .dis was Wht it brings out.( windows error recovery)
windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause.
if windows files HV been damaged or configured incorrectly, startup repair can help diagnose and fix the problem.. if power was interrupted during startup, choose Start windows normally.
(use the arrow keys to highlight your choice)
Launch start up repair (recommended).
start windows normally... dis was wht it bringsout. should I launch start up repair? Wht should I do? thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:36pm On Sep 17, 2014
Kylexy3000: my hp compaq 6735s wont install pes2014..while installing..i always see unarc.dil error,decompressing failed.
archive corrupted

any help pls??

It would be a good idea to visit Pes website and click on their
technical support. Also could you check your meet the minimum
requirements
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 3:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
Kylexy3000: my hp compaq 6735s wont install pes2014..while installing..i always see unarc.dil error,decompressing failed.
archive corrupted

any help pls??

A file in the installation package seems to be corrupted (resulting in checksum error), or it could be a bad burn or damaged media. I'd try a different DVD or try downloading the PES file again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bxcode(m): 8:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
Please, i recently formated my laptop Compaq Presario CQ56, after all necessary software and driver installations, I discovered that my wireless connection aint working again, including my Bluetooth. Right now when I put on my phone's WiFi hotspot, my laptop can't detect it, any help please?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 9:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
bxcode: Please, i recently formated my laptop Compaq Presario CQ56, after all necessary software and driver installations, I discovered that my wireless connection aint working again, including my Bluetooth. Right now when I put on my phone's WiFi hotspot, my laptop can't detect it, any help please?

You haven't installed your wireless adapter driver. Search the internet and download it .see below for Link in the .txt attachment.

Scroll down to Driver - Network

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tomtyte02(m): 11:44am On Sep 18, 2014
NIGERIALOLoCOM: AMD wahala. grin I hope it came with warranty. Take it back to the seller and have it evaluated for, among other things, VGA problem. In case you need a new one (intel processor), check my signature message.

you are a very funny somebody o...something wey never reach a week sef,you dey talk of buying another one. Anyways,can the AMD be changed to intel??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tomtyte02(m): 11:46am On Sep 18, 2014
deji2009:

Google hp laptop recall to find out more.

Hp laptop recall....what does that offer me? I mean does it solve the problem??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by egopersonified(f): 12:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
Please I have some issues with my hp laptop;
1. The system is verrrrrrry slow.
2. How do I install microsoft outlook, word, excel 2007 from the net?
3. When I shut down, I have to force shutdown, even when all windows are closed.
4. The system always freezes when I'm working.
Help please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.