Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (432) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1262951 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Austindark(m): 6:48pm On Sep 22, 2014
pls my systems screen went blank, the repairer said d problem is VGA n dat is #5000 for replacement.

pls I just want to confirm if dat is d actual price of VGA

pls anyone with an ideal shud help me

d system is hpCompaq amd processor
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 6:57pm On Sep 22, 2014
Austindark: pls my systems screen went blank, the repairer said d problem is VGA n dat is #5000 for replacement.

Honestly, i dont see how VGA(Video graphics Array) will make your Laptop screen blank From my experience. OR are we talking about a Desktop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 7:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
Austindark: pls my systems screen went blank, the repairer said d problem is VGA n dat is #5000 for replacement.

hmm client with their mode of thinking! its good
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Austindark(m): 7:09pm On Sep 22, 2014
Mellorix:

Honestly, i dont see how VGA(Video graphics Array) will make your Laptop screen blank From my experience. OR are we talking about a Desktop?
is a laptop o
and he said is VGA
d system boots with no display on d screen
d battery drains like crazy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Austindark(m): 7:12pm On Sep 22, 2014
adetwin:

hmm client with their mode of thinking! its good
ma bro u no say election dey ground and money noh easy at all o

besides no harm in window shopping
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 7:44pm On Sep 22, 2014
iseoluwa89:
Boss it's still d same..device driver software was not successfully installed.

Your system probably doesn't have the right drivers. Have you tried downloading the drivers for those devices from the internet?

BTW what OS version is your system?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by RichardSheddy(m): 10:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
RichardSheddy: Please my laptop is giving me stress.
each time I am playing music/video, its sound production is good for some minutes, but will later not produce sound again while the volume is at the maximum.
Also, the system is shutting down itself frequently.
Please someone should help me out on how to fix it.
l need help in this seriously.
someone should please help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by biggerboyc(m): 10:59am On Sep 23, 2014
pls i don't know what i did to my laptop but any time i on the system it will just display "non system error or disk error pls replace and press any key". please help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:41am On Sep 23, 2014
biggerboyc: pls i don't know what i did to my laptop but any time i on the system it will just display "non system error or disk error pls replace and press any key". please help

is it when you powered your laptop on or when you are using it ?

what make and model, for example toshiba p300-20h windows vista/7/8
if dual or trible boot operating system, please specify.

Please answer the questions so that one of my colleague can
diagnose the problem. if it is hp or dell model laptop, please
restart it and press f10 for bios or f2 and then go to diagnostics
or anything that says test. then test the hard drive and let us know

have just replaced your hard drive ? any external hard drive, i.e. usb stick or
external had drive
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:48am On Sep 23, 2014
RichardSheddy:

use Microsoft auto fix for the sound-if no joy we then
try and refresh your sound card drivers by running
devmgmt.msc in the run box by pressing windows logo and lette
R on the keybaord and look for sound and video game controllers
and click the + sign then uninstall and restart the system

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/audioplayback/

Shutting down issues

is the laptop fan making a grinding noise ?

is the laptop on the bed or a flat surface ?

when was it last serviced ? any blue screen
of 0xc000000000000? you could download speed fan and
make and use it to monitor the temperature, if that's easy for you.

Does it switched off when playing movie or at what point

Finally

restart the laptop and get to bios by pressing f2 or 1 you'd see a blue screen
connect charger and make sure the laptop is charging and timed how long it
took it to turned off. we are trying to eliminate what might have caused it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by biggerboyc(m): 12:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
deji2009:

is it when you powered your laptop on or when you are using it ?

what make and model, for example toshiba p300-20h windows vista/7/8
if dual or trible boot operating system, please specify.

Please answer the questions so that one of my colleague can
diagnose the problem. if it is hp or dell model laptop, please
restart it and press f10 for bios or f2 and then go to diagnostics
or anything that says test. then test the hard drive and let us know

have just replaced your hard drive ? any external hard drive, i.e. usb stick or
external had drive
thanks for ur responds. the maker of is hp and model is just "notebook" i saw there window vista. dual operating system. the current operating system i'm using is window 7. it make the complain when i put on the system. ive press f10 and perform hdd test but still gat thesame result. thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
biggerboyc:
thanks for ur responds. the maker of is hp and model is just "notebook" i saw there window vista. dual operating system. the current operating system i'm using is window 7. it make the complain when i put on the system. ive press f10 and perform hdd test but still gat thesame result. thanks

First of all, please run the test

Let us know the full error message

and the status code (if any)

please select the short test
as i doubts if there would be a nepa
light to last the duration of the long test
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 1:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
RichardSheddy:

For your Sound problem, please update your Audio driver. Scan your system for virus.

For your computer always restarting: Possible reasons:

1. Check if your processor is getting too hot, - Fan working?
2. Do you have a genuine copy of windows Installed? – Automatically restarts when detected as not genuine
3. Bad Memory might cause this as well.
4. Virus – Please scan your system with an Updated antivirus – AVG 2015 free.- see link below

http://www.computerhant.com/general/free-antivirus-download/

Free IT Support - www.computerHant.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by biggerboyc(m): 3:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
deji2009:

First of all, please run the test

Let us know the full error message

and the status code (if any)

please select the short test
as i doubts if there would be a nepa
light to last the duration of the long test
Thanks for ur responds. The text displayed is "non system disk or disk error replace and press any key when ready" and it stays there until I off and on again and it will still go back to the text. Everything happens when booting
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Muyadek(m): 3:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
please help,my wi-fi is not working after being formated, the product of the system is dell inspiron corei3. can anybody give me the link to download the driver or how i cango about it. your assistance is highly needed please. thanking you in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
biggerboyc:
Thanks for ur responds. The text displayed is "non system disk or disk error replace and press any key when ready" and it stays there until I off and on again and it will still go back to the text. Everything happens when booting

Here is a link from hp on how to change the boot order
and other diagnostics. it would be too long for me to
typed. When I diagnose a laptop, I think about myself, how
easy with it be for me. would i type 100 words of instructions or
rather ask the user to click on a link or google search with our guidiance. I choose the
easy way. therfore hp have documented this on their website, so go to google and
google hp non system disk and click the first link titled

"Non-System Disk Error" or "Disk Error" - Hewlett Packard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
Muyadek: please help,my wi-fi is not working after being formated, the product of the system is dell inspiron corei3. can anybody give me the link to download the driver or how i cango about it. your assistance is highly needed please. thanking you in anticipation

go to google and type dell
click it and look for support then
product download and select your
operating system, i.e. windows 7 or windows vista

then select the driver type, e.g. wireless drivers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
deji2009:

go to google and type dell
click it and look for support then
product download and select your
operating system, i.e. windows 7 or windows vista

then select the driver type, e.g. wireless drivers

This is the link below..

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Products/laptop/inspiron_laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iseoluwa89(m): 7:47pm On Sep 23, 2014
LordReed:

Your system probably doesn't have the right drivers. Have you tried downloading the drivers for those devices from the internet?

BTW what OS version is your system?
Windows 7!!..will try and get drivers too sha
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dapsyie: 10:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hi guyz, just bought a toshiba satellite c50 -b892 ,just a week old, but it do go blank and write -UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_ERROR. And it will restart, window 8, pls help me out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Twinsoris(m): 6:12am On Sep 24, 2014
HI CAN ANY MEMBERS DIRECT ME OR HAVE THE HARD DRIVE FOR DELL-E4200 FOR SALE THANKS.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:04pm On Sep 24, 2014
dapsyie: Hi guyz, just bought a toshiba satellite c50 -b892 ,just a week old, but it do go blank and write -UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_ERROR. And it will restart, window 8, pls help me out

have you installed updated or download avast or connectify ?

This kernel error can be difficult to fix on the forum because it
require a technician to rule out a hardware problem such as
the memory ram.

ok restart the laptop and keep pressing f10
select disable auto restart on system failure, it will restart
and a blue screen will be presented. give us the error message.

If you try f10 again and see if you
can find automatic repair, select it and
see what happens.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by RichardSheddy(m): 10:24am On Sep 25, 2014
deji2009:

Shutting down issues

Finally

Thank you.
let me try it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by benpuzzy(m): 12:47pm On Sep 25, 2014
I want to thank the gurus in the house for jobs well done. Please i will like to share this problem with the full hope that the solution will surely emanate. My Laptop doesn't charge faster, though once fully charged it last upto 4hrs. I have changed the charger and battery but to no avail. My other Laptops don't stay upto 2hrs before it is fully charged but this particular Laptop, if charge overnight, it will be showing btw 45-57%, pls kindly advice me on any available solution to my Problem since i know that it is neither battery nor charger problems, thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:40pm On Sep 25, 2014
benpuzzy: I want to thank the gurus in the house for jobs well done. Please i will like to share this problem with the full hope that the solution will surely emanate. My Laptop doesn't charge faster, though once fully charged it last upto 4hrs. I have changed the charger and battery but to no avail. My other Laptops don't stay upto 2hrs before it is fully charged but this particular Laptop, if charge overnight, it will be showing btw 45-57%, pls kindly advice me on any available solution to my Problem since i know that it is neither battery nor charger problems, thanks.

Google battery memory effect for further explanations
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by RichardSheddy(m): 2:13pm On Sep 25, 2014
deji2009:

Shutting down issues

Finally

Thanks for your response.
1. how can i use Microsoft auto fix sound.
2. I try to run sound video and game controller but the startup check failed and the + sign was not there for me to uninstall and restart.

shutting down issue

No noise.

On flat surface.

It have not development any fault before now.

any time I boot it.
for now it does not stay up to 2 minuutes after booting.

still assist pls.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rotiix(m): 2:16pm On Sep 25, 2014
Gurus in the house pls help. I upgraded my windows 7 OS version from home basic to ultimate, and ever since then, each time I turn on my pc, it will make a long irritating beeping sound before booting up and thereafter everything will be fine. I'v used windows memory diagnostic test to check if its the ram but it passed, and this happens each time i shut down, hibernate or log off. The OS is working fine,how can i eradicate this beep sound?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 2:19pm On Sep 25, 2014
benpuzzy: I want to thank the gurus in the house for jobs well done. Please i will like to share this problem with the full hope that the solution will surely emanate. My Laptop doesn't charge faster, though once fully charged it last upto 4hrs. I have changed the charger and battery but to no avail. My other Laptops don't stay upto 2hrs before it is fully charged but this particular Laptop, if charge overnight, it will be showing btw 45-57%, pls kindly advice me on any available solution to my Problem since i know that it is neither battery nor charger problems, thanks.

You do not have the correct battery charger specification and Voltage. what is the model of your laptop. Check underneath your laptop and tell me the number you see there. They i will let you know the exactly battery voltage you need.

Another issue could also be the battery memory effect @deji2009 pointed out above.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 2:21pm On Sep 25, 2014
Rotiix: Gurus in the house pls help. I upgraded my windows 7 OS version from home basic to ultimate, and ever since then, each time I turn on my pc, it will make a long irritating beeping sound before booting up and thereafter everything will be fine. I'v used windows memory diagnostic test to check if its the ram but it passed, and this happens each time i shut down, hibernate or log off. The OS is working fine,how can i eradicate this beep sound?

can you describe the beep? example - one long and 3 short beeps? or 2 short beeps or ... explain that and let us know.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rotiix(m): 4:39pm On Sep 25, 2014
Mellorix:

can you describe the beep? example - one long and 3 short beeps? or 2 short beeps or ... explain that and let us know.
I appreciate your readiness &availability to solving people's problems bro. I'v fixed it sire, i removed and re plugged the ram. tnx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by benpuzzy(m): 5:08pm On Sep 25, 2014
Mellorix:

You do not have the correct battery charger specification and Voltage. what is the model of your laptop. Check underneath your laptop and tell me the number you see there. They i will let you know the exactly battery voltage you need.

Another issue could also be the battery memory effect @deji2009 pointed out above.
thanks for ur kind response. Initially i thought it was charger problem, i changed the charger it didn't work, i bought another battery and the problem still persisted then the last engineer that i met said it may be charging point problem since it is too slow in charging but when it is fully charged, it last long. I felt like sharing the problem here to avoid wasting of money to buy another charging point.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by akp202(m): 6:03pm On Sep 25, 2014
please whenever i try to play music with my window media
player it always say server execution failed.pls what do i do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.