Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (437) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1262986 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vickson123: 4:58pm On Oct 03, 2014
myhobbies: Please gurus in the house, how can I format a laptop that comes with window vista and in German language. I want to install window 7 or other windows.
It is a Samsung product

Thanks

is ur BIOS setup in German?

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 03, 2014
purplekayc: is this the official release?coz I saw the news on france 24 , and an interview of bill gates the other day discussing the new OS .
Yes, it is! For the general public and it is released of the Windows 10 Technical Preview for people to test it and send Microsoft feedbacks for what they want the tech giant to change about the OS.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by amosade30(m): 9:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
Pls I nid intel graphics driver for my toshiba satellite c655 and windows 8 crack activator..pls anybdy wu cn hlp out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by myhobbies(m): 10:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
LordReed:

Try changing the language first.

1. Open Regional and Language Options
by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel , clicking Clock, Language, and Region , and then
clicking Regional and Language Options .
2. Click the Keyboards and Languages tab.
3. Under Display language, choose a language from the list, and then click OK .

If it doesn't have English then you'll have to install it.

1. Open Regional and Language Options by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel , clicking Clock, Language, and Region , and then clicking Regional and Language Options .
2. Click the Keyboards and Languages tab.
3. Under Display Language , click Install/uninstall languages , and then follow the steps. Administrator If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

How can locate those things when they are written in German language.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by myhobbies(m): 10:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
Vickson123:

is ur BIOS setup in German?
Everything in German language
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 10:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
myhobbies:
Everything in German language

it is possible to reload ur system back to ENGLISH... Ur location? lets see how we can send our engineer to fix it for u... contact: check our signature
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 10:50pm On Oct 03, 2014
amosade30: Pls I nid intel graphics driver for my toshiba satellite c655 and windows 8 crack activator..pls anybdy wu cn hlp out

ur location please? we wish to send you an engineer to fix it for u... contact: check our signature
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by amosade30(m): 11:22pm On Oct 03, 2014
adetwin:

ur location please? we wish to send you an engineer to fix it for u... contact: check our signature
akure
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 4:07am On Oct 04, 2014
myhobbies:

How can locate those things when they are written in German language.

Use the icons or translate the English to German on your phone you'll know what it is referring to. e.g. control panel = Schalttafel

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 04, 2014
please guys, whenever I want to play music and watch movies on my laptop, it show "This application can't be activated when UAC is disabled" what should I do?? I use a Windows 8 HP laptop..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ice4jez(m): 3:36pm On Oct 04, 2014
Please I need ur help, when I put flash to my system it shows short cut. And its make it difficult to transfer files from flash to system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by princesuko(m): 3:45pm On Oct 04, 2014
pls my pc doesnt load well, it doesn't bring out my apps icons it only brings d starting window icon pls help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 04, 2014
Pls, I'm usin blackberry desktop software to browse on my pc (hp 650 windows cool. My problem wit it is dat it can use up to 10mb in a minute. Even wen I'm nt openin any page. I don't knw hw to reduce d rate of usage of data. Wan ur hep. I'm usin Glo BIS to browse.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TUNEX89(m): 6:01pm On Oct 04, 2014
Pls how do i activate my visual DJ on my laptop hp650 ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 7:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
princesuko:
pls my pc doesnt load well, it doesn't bring out my apps icons it only brings d starting window icon pls help me

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 7:43pm On Oct 04, 2014
Ice4jez:
Please I need ur help, when I put flash to my system it shows short cut. And its make it difficult to transfer files from flash to system.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:52pm On Oct 04, 2014
nicebuddy:
Pls, I'm usin blackberry desktop software to browse on my pc (hp 650 windows cool. My problem wit it is dat it can use up to 10mb in a minute. Even wen I'm nt openin any page. I don't knw hw to reduce d rate of usage of data. Wan ur hep. I'm usin Glo BIS to browse.

disable any update such as windows updates and other updates. for example some software are programmed to
install periodic update such as hp update assistance and many more. you'd be glad you did.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 04, 2014
PLZ GENT I NEED AN URGENT HELP. I RECENTLY BOUGHT A 1T BITE EXTERNAL( TRANSCEND) HDD FROM SPAR IN PH THREE WEEKS AGO.
I HAVE TRANSFERRED ALL THE SOFT COPIES OF MY MATERIALS FROM MY 7 YEARS OLD LAPTOP TO THE HARD DRIVE BECOURSE OF FEAR OF CRASHING, UNFORTUNATELY MY HDD HAS REFUSE TO COME UP SINCE YESTERDAY, HOWEVER I HAVE REPLACE THE CASE WITH A GOOD CASE BUT IT HAS REFUSE TO BOOTH.
PLZ, I NEED AN IDEA ON HOW TO EXTRACT MY FOLDERS.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bbdd: 11:23pm On Oct 04, 2014
My hard disk just crashed I'm hearing a clicking sound when I try to out it on.
It shows no bootable device
Is there a way I can retrieve files from this hard disk?
Please help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by princesuko(m): 11:29pm On Oct 04, 2014
adetwin:

Thanks gonna get in contact with u bt my pc is a BRIAN model
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tonytony208(m): 9:31am On Oct 05, 2014
good morning experts here. please i need your help on this issue:

i downloaded a software on my system (a P4 desktop). the software is "camtasia", a video making software. Any time i want to install the downloaded software, this message comes up:

"This installation package cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service.you must install a Windows service pack that contains a newer version of the Windows Installer service."

pls what do you advice me to do? thank you in anticipation.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:00pm On Oct 05, 2014
tonytony208:

i downloaded a software on my system (a P4 desktop). the software is "camtasia", a video making software. Any time i want to install the downloaded software, this message comes up:

"This installation package cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service.you must install a Windows service pack that contains a newer version of the Windows Installer service."

I'd advise you to google your operating system type, follow by windows installer.
A long term solution is to install windows update. If you choose to install windows update ensure
that your modem is topped up. it does consume a lots of megabytes
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:07pm On Oct 05, 2014
fluxview:
PLZ GENT I NEED AN URGENT HELP. I RECENTLY BOUGHT A 1T BITE EXTERNAL( TRANSCEND) HDD FROM SPAR IN PH THREE WEEKS AGO.
I HAVE TRANSFERRED ALL THE SOFT COPIES OF MY MATERIALS FROM MY 7 YEARS OLD LAPTOP TO THE HARD DRIVE BECOURSE OF FEAR OF CRASHING, UNFORTUNATELY MY HDD HAS REFUSE TO COME UP SINCE YESTERDAY, HOWEVER I HAVE REPLACE THE CASE WITH A GOOD CASE BUT IT HAS REFUSE TO BOOTH.
PLZ, I NEED AN IDEA ON HOW TO EXTRACT MY FOLDERS.

I would assume that the computer is on ?

What type of storage device is this, an
SD or Gigabytes/terabytes hard drive ?

Did you get any found new hardware/installing drivers
message, when it was connected ?

Are the USB ports working ? connect another device to
find out if all the usb ports does work.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 2:05pm On Oct 05, 2014
MrIknowAll:
please guys, whenever I want to play music and watch movies on my laptop, it show "This application can't be activated when UAC is disabled" what should I do?? I use a Windows 8 HP laptop..

Re-enable the UAC as a temporary measure. I use Windows 8.1 and the UAC is not so annoying. Leave it on AFAIC.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 2:06pm On Oct 05, 2014
Ice4jez:

Virus infection. What antivirus are you using?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 05, 2014
[quote author=deji2009 post=26865634]

disable any update such as windows updates and other updates. for example some software are programmed to
install periodic update such as hp update assistance and many more. you'd be glad you did.

Tnx for ur hep. Pls how do I disable doz updates in my lappy. I can't find any update. Tnx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 2:08pm On Oct 05, 2014
bbdd:
My hard disk just crashed I'm hearing a clicking sound when I try to out it on.
It shows no bootable device
Is there a way I can retrieve files from this hard disk?
Please help.

Very likely you won't be able to, that HDD is showing signs of physical damage to the read heads and/or plates. Just get a new one.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 2:11pm On Oct 05, 2014
tonytony208:

You maybe trying to install software that can not run on your system. Check the system requirements for the software again and verify that your system can meet the requirements.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:13pm On Oct 05, 2014
[quote author=nicebuddy post=26881819][/quote]

google how to disable windows update

I cant think of anything else that would
cause your megabytes to finish so early.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 05, 2014
Computer gurus, please help my laptop is not powering up. Even when the battery is new and fully charge. When i remove the battery and insert again, the laptop powers and off with 10seconds.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tonytony208(m): 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2014
deji2009:

I'd advise you to google your operating system type, follow by windows installer.
A long term solution is to install windows update. If you choose to install windows update ensure
that your modem is topped up. it does consume a lots of megabytes

thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tonytony208(m): 2:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
LordReed:

You maybe trying to install software that can not run on your system. Check the system requirements for the software again and verify that your system can meet the requirements.

thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.