Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (467) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1262781 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sasotech: 1:45pm On Nov 20, 2014
@amynoacid: try using ear piece and if it works that means you have to change your speaker.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sasotech: 1:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
@ Slowvenom:what type of light,(Red, Green, or Yellow)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by scantee(m): 4:03pm On Nov 20, 2014
Inufele1:
Hello house, please i have an HP PAVILION DV4 that has windows 7, 32bit running on it. The problem am having with it now is the OS is always popping up " windows not genuine " i don't know if there is a solution to this. But,

1. I would like to upgrade my OS to windows 8.1, 64bit. i don't know how?
2. How can i upgrade without losing my data(information) on the laptop?

Thanks a lot House.

follow this steps.

step1 set your computer boot order in system bios to boot from CD.

step2. press any key when prompted to press any key to boot from CD.

Step3 follow the on screen instructions like select English as your language when ask to choose. click next and keep going.

step4. When prompted to select between format and upgrade

choose the first option UPGRADE: this option allow you upgrade your existing windows with all your programs and files intact after upgrading.

Format option.: this option allows you to install a fresh copy of your new operating system. Note: using this option will delete/uninstalled all your programs but will leave only your files intact.

you can access the files in a folder name Windows.old (C:users/all users/xxxxx/windows.old.

Note during upgrading your system is likely to restart several times just don't panic is normal. and do not border pressing any key again if prompted you again during restarting.

get back to us if you encounter any problem.

@Deji2009. sup bro? you have not replied my mail.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by scantee(m): 4:08pm On Nov 20, 2014
GreatAustin:
I want to format my hp system with windom 7ultimate how will i go abt it? Pls i need ur advice

Refer to my direction to (Inufele1)

I am sure that can guide you through.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by scantee(m): 4:12pm On Nov 20, 2014
Edygrin:
Just got this system today, used it for like 2 hours. Now its hanging and my windows 8 programs aint opening.

Press CTRL ALT DEL keys on the keyboard at same time, that would pops up the task manager, note down the applications that is not responding so we take it from there.

Note do this whenever the system start hanging again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
scantee:

follow this steps.

Step3 follow the on screen instructions like select English as your language when ask to choose. click next and keep going.

choose the first option UPGRADE: this option allow you upgrade your existing windows with all your programs and files intact after upgrading.

Format option.: this option allows you to install a fresh copy of your new operating system. Note: using this option will delete/uninstalled all your programs but will leave only your files intact.

you can access the files in a folder name Windows.old (C:users/all users/xxxxx/windows.old.

Note during upgrading your system is likely to restart several times just don't panic is normal. and do not border pressing any key again if prompted you again during restarting.

@Scantee. I did not received any email, could you resend it please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by darlingnuel(m): 7:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
Can someone help me with Microsoft office professional plus 2013 v15.0.4420.1017 activation key... The grace period is due to elapse in few days
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GreatAustin: 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2014
scantee:

Refer to my direction to (Inufele1)

I am sure that can guide you through.
quote the direction for me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by darlingnuel(m): 7:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
Tolzeal:

Okay!! Let move to windows 7 ultimate. Prolly it may solve the problem.

Search for "Windows Any time upgrade". Inbox me on Whatsapp for a genuine key.
NB: make sure the Pc support Wi-fi from. The manufacturer.
Can u please help me with Microsoft office professional plus 2013 v15.0.4420.1017 activation key... The grace period is due to elapse in few days
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by scantee(m): 8:25pm On Nov 20, 2014
GreatAustin:
quote the direction for me

follow this steps.
step1 set your computer boot order
in system bios to boot from CD.
step2. press any key when
prompted to press any key to boot
from CD.
Step3 follow the on screen
instructions like select English as
your language when ask to choose.
click next and keep going.
step4. When prompted to select
between format and upgrade
choose the first option UPGRADE:
this option allow you upgrade your
existing windows with all your
programs and files intact after
upgrading.
Format option.: this option allows
you to install a fresh copy of your
new operating system. Note: using
this option will delete/uninstalled all
your programs but will leave only
your files intact.
you can access the files in a folder
name Windows.old (C:users/all
users/xxxxx/windows.old.
Note during upgrading your system
is likely to restart several times just
don't panic is normal. and do not
border pressing any key again if
prompted you again during
restarting.
get back to us if you encounter any
problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 8:37pm On Nov 20, 2014
Where is one gig... i havent heard from him on d forum.. onegig show urself oo.. we get unfinished business cheesy grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by darlingnuel(m): 9:23pm On Nov 20, 2014
Can someone help me with Microsoft office professional plus 2013 v15.0.4420.1017 activation key... The grace period is due to elapse in few days
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 10:34pm On Nov 20, 2014
darlingnuel:
it use crack bro and it heavy to share
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:40pm On Nov 20, 2014
brightk:
Where is one gig... i havent heard from him on d forum.. onegig show urself oo.. we get unfinished business cheesy grin
I am here na. You were the one that disappeared. Howdy?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by godfrey01(m): 1:37am On Nov 21, 2014
my toshiba laptop makes a funny wierd noise and sometimes restart. i have disconnected the speaker and i tried it with xternal, its still the same weird noise coming out. pls help me i will be greatful
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by darlingnuel(m): 6:51am On Nov 21, 2014
zyzxx:
it use crack bro and it heavy to share
Thanks for ur prompt response. U may send me the download link and instructions
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 21, 2014
@Darlingnuel....Go thru dis link...getintopc.com/softwares/office-tools/office-2013-professional-32-bit-64-bit-free-download/....download it afresh...dtz what I'm using..no product key or anyoda tin to enter..it's totally Free!!!...first check if ur PC is 32 or 64 Bit before u proceed to download..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 7:56am On Nov 21, 2014
onegig:
I am here na. You were the one that disappeared. Howdy?
bro.. its a long story oo.. am still not back 2 d forums full time sha.... head full remain..i nor get ur control no again...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by darlingnuel(m): 10:12am On Nov 21, 2014
MimeeTee:
@Darlingnuel....Go thru dis link...getintopc.com/softwares/office-tools/office-2013-professional-32-bit-64-bit-free-download/....download it afresh...dtz what I'm using..no product key or anyoda tin to enter..it's totally Free!!!...first check if ur PC is 32 or 64 Bit before u proceed to download..
That implies I'd be downloading Ms-office afresh? Almost 800mb!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Inufele1: 2:21pm On Nov 21, 2014
scantee:

follow this steps.

Please my Oga, am having a problem O! The system is saying i can't upgrade windows 7 ultimate to windows 8. It's saying i can only format and install, and this means that i would loose all my files which i do not happening .

Please is there a way around this please help me o
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by scantee(m): 2:29pm On Nov 21, 2014
Inufele1:

Please my Oga, am having a problem O! The system is saying i can't upgrade windows 7 ultimate to windows 8. It's saying i can only format and install, and this means that i would loose all my files which i do not happening .

Please is there a way around this please help me o

try to install fresh copy of the windows 7, just proceed with the installation you will only loose your programs not your files.

the files can be accessed in a folder called windows.old

just avoid partitioning the hard disk.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by amynoacid(m): 3:22pm On Nov 21, 2014
zyzxx:
av u tested it wit ear pic?
yes sir, ihave tried it with an ear piece. Though the start up tone still sounds. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GreatAustin: 4:19pm On Nov 21, 2014
scantee:

follow this steps.
step1 set your computer boot order
in system bios to boot from CD.
step2. press any key when
prompted to press any key to boot
from CD.
Step3 follow the on screen
instructions like select English as
your language when ask to choose.
click next and keep going.
step4. When prompted to select
between format and upgrade
choose the first option UPGRADE:
this option allow you upgrade your
existing windows with all your
programs and files intact after
upgrading.
Format option.: this option allows
you to install a fresh copy of your
new operating system. Note: using
this option will delete/uninstalled all
your programs but will leave only
your files intact.
you can access the files in a folder
name Windows.old (C:users/all
users/xxxxx/windows.old.
Note during upgrading your system
is likely to restart several times just
don't panic is normal. and do not
border pressing any key again if
prompted you again during
restarting.
get back to us if you encounter any
problem.
thanks remember i am nt upgrading it but downgrading. How will i go about it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by scantee(m): 4:37pm On Nov 21, 2014
GreatAustin:
thanks remember i am nt upgrading it but downgrading. How will i go about it?

Same steps. simple don't select upgrade select the other.

Note: since your down-grading you will surely loss all your applications except your files/documents.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
My computer is dual core with 2 thread. Does it mean it is quad core
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by scantee(m): 4:52pm On Nov 21, 2014
Princetolu94:

Two Thread?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 21, 2014
Princetolu94:
No, it is not. Dual core has 2 cores while quad core has 4 cores.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GreatAustin: 5:16pm On Nov 21, 2014
Princetolu94:
how can i found the file after the downgrading?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GreatAustin: 5:18pm On Nov 21, 2014
scantee:

Same steps. simple don't select upgrade select the other.

Note: since your down-grading you will surely loss all your applications except your files/documents.

thanks how will i found the files after the downgrading?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 21, 2014
GreatAustin:

They will be in your Windows.old directory. Look for them in the User's fold.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by scantee(m): 5:28pm On Nov 21, 2014
GreatAustin:

open my computer C:/All users/xxxxx/windows.old

Note the xxxx represent your computer name.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GreatAustin: 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2014
scantee:

open my computer C:/All users/xxxxx/windows.old

Note the xxxx represent your computer name.
thanks but windows.old is nt there...

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.