Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (482) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1260770 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 3:29pm On Dec 14, 2014
olojooluwatobi:
Bro pls if u can help me I don't mind or introduce me some1 dat can. Thanks

Yea bro i sent someone to u already..

adetwin will help u out...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olojooluwatobi(m): 3:34pm On Dec 14, 2014
Tolzeal:

Yea bro i sent someone to u already..

adetwin will help u out...
Ok thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 3:34pm On Dec 14, 2014
bright007:

yes....i even did a system restore all to no avail.
before it became a permanent problem....i first noticed it happened once but the screen became normal after reboot. Right now, the line and flickering has remained. Its windows 8

Had it been u can still access ur pc , i would have suggest the moniker flicker settings to reset to ur default screen resolution or make the graphics driver update. ATM i think the option is make a refresh.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bright007(f): 4:07pm On Dec 14, 2014
Tolzeal:

Had it been u can still access ur pc , i would have suggest the moniker flicker settings to reset to ur default screen resolution or make the graphics driver update. ATM i think the option is make a refresh.
I have the system here with me. I went to the screen resolution and reverted to the recommended settings but problem is still there.
when you say refresh, do you mean refresh my PC? i.e uninstall everything and restore the system to default?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 4:13pm On Dec 14, 2014
bright007:
I have the system here with me. I went to the screen resolution and reverted to the recommended settings but problem is still there.
when you say refresh, do you mean refresh my PC? i.e uninstall everything and restore the system to default?

oh sorry i was making an assertion earlier as if u couldnt access the pc anymore.
just follow this lil procedure.

enter dxdiag on ur search button.
open the app up.

and send me a note of ur DISPLAY tab.

something like the pics below....

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bright007(f): 5:34pm On Dec 14, 2014
Tolzeal:

oh sorry i was making an assertion earlier as if u couldnt access the pc anymore.
just follow this lil procedure.

enter dxdiag on ur search button.
open the app up.

and send me a note of ur DISPLAY tab.

something like the pics below....
i have attached the file below
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 5:41pm On Dec 14, 2014
bright007:

i have attached the file below

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bright007(f): 5:50pm On Dec 14, 2014
Tolzeal:

You can't find it? its in my signature right under my post above. the text is too long so I attached it as a file named bright.txt
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 5:53pm On Dec 14, 2014
bright007:
You can't find it? its in my signature. the text is too long so I attached it as a file named bright.txt

smiley smiley....SEEN!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bright007(f): 5:56pm On Dec 14, 2014
Tolzeal:

smiley smiley....SEEN!
what do you think
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 6:05pm On Dec 14, 2014
bright007:
You can't find it? its in my signature right under my post above. the text is too long so I attached it as a file named bright.txt
bright007:
what do you think

Been searching for a GPU update... All to no avail embarassed embarassed
try see if u can update your Video graphics directly....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bright007(f): 6:09pm On Dec 14, 2014
Tolzeal:

Been searching for a GPU update... All to no avail embarassed embarassed
try see if u can update your Video graphics directly....

how do I do that? I don't why I seem to think its a hardware issue....
maybe screen or cable
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 6:10pm On Dec 14, 2014
A typical example for acer brand..

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

couldnt locate a page like this on Toshiba webpage...!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 6:12pm On Dec 14, 2014
bright007:
how do I do that? I don't why I seem to think its a hardware issue....
maybe screen or cable

if it's flickering screen, dont make a conjecture. Graphics driver mostly caause this problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bright007(f): 6:28pm On Dec 14, 2014
Tolzeal:

if it's flickering screen, dont make a conjecture. Graphics driver mostly caause this problem.
OK sir.....but how do I upgrade my graphics driver?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:31pm On Dec 14, 2014
bright007:
OK sir.....but how do I upgrade my graphics driver?

Tolzeal:

Dear Bright007,

I referred to Tolzeal suggestions and was wondering if you could get a VGA cable and connect your laptop to
a monitor. If you're not sure how to connect it to a monitor, use Google and search for connect
laptop to monitor, google will guide you through. you may have to press fn and f5 together to transfer your
laptop display to the monitor. If it flickers on the monitor screen, it is a hardware problem. Search for onegig or adetwin on this
forum. They may offer a chargeable service.

If you cant get a monitor, restart and keep pressing f2 or use google to research how to get to bios on your laptop
you'd see a blue screen bios setup utility. if you the screen flickers on the bios setup utility. it is a hardware problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Babprosper20(m): 11:02pm On Dec 14, 2014
MY SYSTEM IS RUNNING TOO SLOW, PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 14, 2014
Hello, my laptop dt takes less than 10s to hibernate now takes more than 3mins if not more b4 it switch off, what could be wrong wit it,i didnt instal any app
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bright007(f): 12:58pm On Dec 15, 2014
deji2009:

Dear Bright007,

I referred to Tolzeal suggestions and was wondering if you could get a VGA cable and connect your laptop to
a monitor. If you're not sure how to connect it to a monitor, use Google and search for connect
laptop to monitor, google will guide you through. you may have to press fn and f5 together to transfer your
laptop display to the monitor. If it flickers on the monitor screen, it is a hardware problem. Search for onegig or adetwin on this
forum. They may offer a chargeable service.

If you cant get a monitor, restart and keep pressing f2 or use google to research how to get to bios on your laptop
you'd see a blue screen bios setup utility. if you the screen flickers on the bios setup utility. it is a hardware problem.

thank you very much for your time and response. i was able to navigate to the BIOS page on my laptop but the flickering continued. I wondered what was wrong with the system so i did a system restore backdating my system to about a month ago. after restore the problem continued, i was very angry so i shut down. About two hours later, i turned on the system only to see the screen was displaying normal. i was even more surprised. Well, i want to thank Tolzeal very much for his timely replies and troubleshooting solutions, you were right that it was not a hardware problem (God reward you mightily).

After pondering over what must have been the cause of the flickering, i discovered i have downloaded and installed a lot of apps in the past two weeks, and when these apps were removed, the system became normal. Could it be it was those apps that caused the flickering?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 1:32pm On Dec 15, 2014
bright007:
thank you very much for your time and response. i was able to navigate to the BIOS page on my laptop but the flickering continued. I wondered what was wrong with the system so i did a system restore backdating my system to about a month ago. after restore the problem continued, i was very angry so i shut down. About two hours later, i turned on the system only to see the screen was displaying normal. i was even more surprised. Well, i want to thank Tolzeal very much for his timely replies and troubleshooting solutions, you were right that it was not a hardware problem (God reward you mightily).

After pondering over what must have been the cause of the flickering, i discovered i have downloaded and installed a lot of apps in the past two weeks, and when these apps were removed, the system became normal. Could it be it was those apps that caused the flickering?

You're welcome mam..

please list some of the apps you could remember... If they just normal app and aint drivers/sys apps updates, it shouldn't be...
will be glad if u could list some of the apps.. smiley smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 1:36pm On Dec 15, 2014
Babprosper20:
MY SYSTEM IS RUNNING TOO SLOW, PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO??

please tell ur pc specifications...and the current state of the pc. u might have got everything over loaded.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 9:38pm On Dec 15, 2014
cc: zyzxx, lordreel where are u all...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 9:49pm On Dec 15, 2014
Tolzeal:
Welldone bro, d lord is ur strength.
How u doing?

Gud pm mr deji2009
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Babprosper20(m): 11:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
Tolzeal:

please tell ur pc specifications...and the current state of the pc. u might have got everything over loaded.

it's a mini hp laptop with 1gb ram, even at startup when i open my task manager i see that about 600mb+ of ram is already in use leaving about -400mb for my personal use (which is not enough for me), i don't just know the processes and applications eating all of the ram up, and i have removed all my startup up items all to no avail,i got no cash to increase the ram now, so i wannna know if you gat a solution for me

thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Agbeke2013: 4:16am On Dec 16, 2014
Thanks for your wonderful work here. My deskstop system can't boot up and i tried to format it, but after formatting and loading of d files, the system slow to install the other things. When it remains 39minutes to finish the speed reduced drastically.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 7:18am On Dec 16, 2014
Tolzeal:

Right here. Keep up the good work.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 7:21am On Dec 16, 2014
Babprosper20:

it's a mini hp laptop with 1gb ram, even at startup when i open my task manager i see that about 600mb+ of ram is already in use leaving about -400mb for my personal use (which is not enough for me), i don't just know the processes and applications eating all of the ram up, and i have removed all my startup up items all to no avail,i got no cash to increase the ram now, so i wannna know if you gat a solution for me

thanks

Is the hard disk more than half full? Is it Win7?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 7:24am On Dec 16, 2014
Agbeke2013:
Thanks for your wonderful work here. My deskstop system can't boot up and i tried to format it, but after formatting and loading of d files, the system slow to install the other things. When it remains 39minutes to finish the speed reduced drastically.

Your system cannot cope with the load anymore, time to upgrade. Add more RAM and upgrade the processor. Also get a bigger hard drive.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Agbeke2013: 11:59am On Dec 16, 2014
LordReed:

Your system cannot cope with the load anymore, time to upgrade. Add more RAM and upgrade the processor. Also get a bigger hard drive.
tanxs
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by selfmadeOLX(m): 12:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
LordReed:

hello please can a laotop processor be upgraded i.e core i3 to core i5 & can the speed also be upgraded i.e 1.8ghz to 2.5ghz?? how possible is this pls?? also my brand new laptop just got stock at the acer logo after a while its telling me no bootable device. i have returned it but over a month now their service centre has not given me any reply. Acer aspire e1 4GB RAM 500GB HDD WIN8.1 15.6inch core i3 1.80Ghz. those are my laptop specs.. I really need help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 2:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
selfmadeOLX:

hello please can a laotop processor be upgraded i.e core i3 to core i5 & can the speed also be upgraded i.e 1.8ghz to 2.5ghz?? how possible is this pls?? also my brand new laptop just got stock at the acer logo after a while its telling me no bootable device. i have returned it but over a month now their service centre has not given me any reply. Acer aspire e1 4GB RAM 500GB HDD WIN8.1 15.6inch core i3 1.80Ghz. those are my laptop specs.. I really need help

Laptop processors are more difficult to upgrade because some are soldered to the motherboard so you have to change almost everything. So you need to check first but yes it is possible.

There isn't much we can do for you since you already returned the laptop. Most likely it was a HDD failure and I suppose you are still under warranty so they have to change it for you. What I don't understand is why its taking so long. They should have returned it within a few days.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 2:21pm On Dec 16, 2014
LordReed:

Laptop processors are more difficult to upgrade because some are soldered to the motherboard so you have to change almost everything. So you need to check first but yes it is possible.

There isn't much we can do for you since you already returned the laptop. Most likely it was a HDD failure and I suppose you are still under warranty so they have to change it for you. What I don't understand is why its taking so long. They should have returned it within a few days.

Yea This shouldn't take few days.

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.