Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,042 members, 7,807,127 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (556) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1262454 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 7:01pm On May 01, 2015
Charles545:

Thanks, Yes I still login …what I deleted were files ranging from documents in PDF, scanned documents, pictures, music folders and movies... ti's just like a backup for my phone and 2 days after, I lost same on my phone.
download tune up utilities 2012 crack. You can google that. After installing it, go to your start menu and search for tune up undelete. Scan for deleted files and restore.
Could have recommended recuva or another software but when using the trial version, you can never restore but scan for deleted files.
However, if you like the software, buy it. As the cracked versions are for Educational purposes.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dammygoody(m): 7:27pm On May 01, 2015
cp2dec1:

You need a developer laptop it seems.

for the price range you listed...you shouldn't have a problem finding a decent one (but then again...if you are in nigeria...the prices are usually inflated for these laptops). You may Not find top of the line as in the year...but you will definitely find top of the line as the brand.

I may be biased because I have worked for them...but i'll recommend a Lenovo (preferably a ThinkPad). A T420 or T430.
Thanks.
My eyes were already on Lenovo but I wasn't sure about its durability.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Charles545: 7:30pm On May 01, 2015
bigt2:
download tune up utilities 2012 crack. You can google that. After installing it, go to your start menu and search for tune up undelete. Scan for deleted files and restore.
Could have recommended recuva or another software but when using the trial version, you can never restore but scan for deleted files.
However, if you like the software, buy it. As the cracked versions are for Educational purposes.

Alright, Thanks …downloaded the tune up already (about 257kb)..I'll try it out and get back to you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mcdokwe(m): 8:04pm On May 01, 2015
Vicorolex1:
PLS HOW DO I ACTIVATE MY WINDOWS 8.1 PRO build9600

it keeps telling me to activate windows.
thanks in advance 4 Ur assistance.
is it a new system with pre-installed windows or u did d installation yourself?(cracked Os)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ken4jj(m): 10:35pm On May 01, 2015
After trying to install a software i bought from computer village on my laptop, i got a virus alert. though i cleaned it, my laptop has neva remained the same. my keyboard is no longer working(some keys).infact d laptop is behaving funny. the anti virus i use is microsoft security essentials. plz somebody help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vicorolex1(m): 10:38pm On May 01, 2015
mcdokwe:
is it a new system with pre-installed windows or u did d installation yourself?(cracked Os)

I copied d IMG file from a friend. should be cracked
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vicorolex1(m): 10:39pm On May 01, 2015

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mcdokwe(m): 10:44pm On May 01, 2015
Vicorolex1:

I copied d IMG file from a friend. should be cracked
then go by bigt2's suggestion
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by thinkdip(m): 10:47pm On May 01, 2015
op my system Is giving me a hell of problem. ...t get e funny thing is dat ill need to restart it over and over again before it would come up. ..what could be wrong and most time when it comes up it will hang showing a sign as if the screen is broken
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vicorolex1(m): 4:38am On May 02, 2015
mcdokwe:
then go by bigt2's suggestion
yes oo! I did and It worked. thanks guys
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 7:12am On May 02, 2015
thinkdip:
op my system Is giving me a hell of problem. ...t get e funny thing is dat ill need to restart it over and over again before it would come up. ..what could be wrong and most time when it comes up it will hang showing a sign as if the screen is broken
explain how it started?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 7:13am On May 02, 2015
ken4jj:
After trying to install a software i bought from computer village on my laptop, i got a virus alert. though i cleaned it, my laptop has neva remained the same. my keyboard is no longer working(some keys).infact d laptop is behaving funny. the anti virus i use is microsoft security essentials. plz somebody help
try to restore ur system to earlier stage
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by thinkdip(m): 7:22am On May 02, 2015
zyzxx:
explain how it started?
it started by hanging when am working with it while the charger is plugged to it, so later I started removing the charger before using it, but now it just work irregularly and brings those complain I made before
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 7:25am On May 02, 2015
thinkdip:
it started by hanging when am working with it while the charger is plugged to it, so later I started removing the charger before using it, but now it just work irregularly and brings those complain I made before
it started wit hardware now it affecting ur software.

Av u scan ur system with Gud antivirus?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by thinkdip(m): 10:13am On May 02, 2015
zyzxx:
it started wit hardware now it affecting ur software.

Av u scan ur system with Gud antivirus?
sure
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 3:18pm On May 02, 2015
Charles545:

Thanks, Yes I still login …what I deleted were files ranging from documents in PDF, scanned documents, pictures, music folders and movies... ti's just like a backup for my phone and 2 days after, I lost same on my phone.

Right click on any folder that had the files you deleted and go to "restore previous version"
Then see if you have any restore points dating back to when you last had the files
Select any date and click on open...
You should see your deleted files
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 3:20pm On May 02, 2015
dammygoody:

Thanks.
My eyes were already on Lenovo but I wasn't sure about its durability.

If you really need to discuss options and affordable laptops...you can reach out to me.

PM me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Saintp(m): 4:42pm On May 02, 2015
somebody told me that the Microsoft security essential anti virus i use on my laptop is not good instead i should use free avast anti virus . gurus in d house, is it true ? can i use both of them ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 7:27pm On May 02, 2015
Saintp:
somebody told me that the Microsoft security essential anti virus i use on my laptop is not good instead i should use free avast anti virus . gurus in d house, is it true ? can i use both of them ?
as you cant eat your cake and still have it, you cant use Microsoft security essentials and still use avast! Youll have to use one of the duo. however, you can keep either updated in case you need one of them and/or use either tp scan for viruses consecutively or in a seldom manner.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Saintp(m): 8:47pm On May 02, 2015
bigt2:
as you cant eat your cake and still have it, you cant use Microsoft security essentials and still use avast! Youll have to use one of the duo. however, you can keep either updated in case you need one of them and/or use either tp scan for viruses consecutively or in a seldom manner.
so which one is better ? i mean which one do you suggest i use ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 11:20pm On May 02, 2015
Saintp:

so which one is better ? i mean which one do you suggest i use ?
malwarebytes antimalware but make sure you install USB disk security too. To fend off USB virtue that might be destined to make your system an abode.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Saintp(m): 11:40pm On May 02, 2015
bigt2:
malwarebytes antimalware but make sure you install USB disk security too. To fend off USB virtue that might be destined to make your system an abode.
I'm confused . I'm asking between Microsoft security essentials and avast, which should i use since i cant use two of them at the same time ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 11:45pm On May 02, 2015
Saintp:

I'm confused . I'm asking between Microsoft security essentials and avast, which should i use since i cant use two of them at the same time ?
use avast. smiley Sorry for being over-responding.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Saintp(m): 12:18am On May 03, 2015
bigt2:
use avast. smiley Sorry for being over-responding.
ok tanx . but the avast is a free version oooo
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 12:24am On May 03, 2015
Saintp:

ok tanx . but the avast is a free version oooo
yes. Can be free for a while after which it will prompt you for activation.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by themodernman: 5:57am On May 03, 2015
skydancer:
Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck

Mac users, go here: https://www.nairaland.com/830548/post-imac-macbook-macbook-pro
Ubuntu Linux users: https://www.nairaland.com/11508/ubuntu-linux

Hello does anyone know what I can do to solve this issue. I'm trying to connect my Samsung galaxy tablet note 10.1 with my Toshiba laptop via d Tablet's cord but its saying: "USB Device Not Recognized" I need to transfer some materials from my laptop to my Tablet & my laptop has no bluetooth...The confusing aspect is that I've used the same laptop to transfer some materials b4 to the same Tablet Note....dunno why its acting up now...pls guys what can I do? Thanx.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 9:40am On May 03, 2015
themodernman:

Hello does anyone know what I can do to solve this issue. I'm trying to connect my Samsung galaxy tablet note 10.1 with my Toshiba laptop via d Tablet's cord but its saying: "USB Device Not Recognized" I need to transfer some materials from my laptop to my Tablet & my laptop has no bluetooth...The confusing aspect is that I've used the same laptop to transfer some materials b4 to the same Tablet Note....dunno why its acting up now...pls guys what can I do? Thanx.
try another USB cable
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cyprel(m): 9:46am On May 03, 2015
pls op my laptop got spoiled recently after so much playing of PES on it. i took to a repairer close to my area and he said i need to change d motherboard cos nothing seems to b working even after changing the ba3, is just dead. d repairer charges were high that if i add about 10k to it i will get a new one @ konga so i flee.pls i will like to know how much to fix a laptop HP dv6 AMD motherboard and maybe power house just in case.. full price details and repair charges.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 10:24am On May 03, 2015
themodernman:

another USB will do..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Folakeme: 10:49am On May 03, 2015
Pls,my toshiba laptop is nt recognising by samsung tab,I have downloaded samsung kies but it's still d same thing,when I try to install samsung driver,d installation stops halfway n writes "minstaller could nt install samsung driver,press finish",wat can I do?,tnks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by themodernman: 12:58pm On May 03, 2015
Tolzeal:

another USB will do..

Tanx bro...worked like magic just 400naira
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by themodernman: 1:00pm On May 03, 2015
Tanx bro...worked like magic just 400naira

bigt2:
try another USB cable

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.