Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,359 members, 7,780,981 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:48 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (567) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1249873 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (1221) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Damfostopper(m): 11:46am On May 24, 2015
adetwin:

Its clear that you will need to change your keyboard, pls your location so that scan arrange on how we can oveto help fix it up.. Check our signature for contact
am in akwa ibom.....its nt even up to 1year.6months...dis system ish d tired me....it happened before n it returned to normal...bt dis tym around...about 6keys r not responding....hw much will it cost me to change d keyboard.....n pls is it d keyboard or the motherboard ?..cos im confused
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by billtommy(m): 7:13am On May 25, 2015
Got a problem with my hp notebook, the BIOS was updating when Nepa took light, afterwhich I tried to switch it on, the only indication I got was the caplock key blinking twice (BIOS corrupted according to HP website). It was like dat for about 3 days. I took it to the technician and the light stopped blinking. Just an indicator by the side blinks. I'm so confused as I have taken it to 2 computer technicians and its still not coming up. Pls help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AwesomeRomeo: 8:49am On May 25, 2015
Pls does windows 8 or 8.1 OS need any activation code?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cyif2003(m): 1:15pm On May 25, 2015
adetwin:

We get back to you as soon as the mother board is available.... Ur location pls?
lagos..... hw much is d board
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AlphaT(m): 8:57am On May 26, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
Pls does windows 8 or 8.1 OS need any activation code?

It depends. If your PC comes with Win 7 pre-installed and then u upgrade to 8 or 8.1, it requires an activation code which you'll need to purchase. On the other hand, if it comes pre-installed with win 8, the upgrade to 8.1 is free and you can do that from the windows store.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 11:37am On May 26, 2015
Damfostopper:
am in akwa ibom.....its nt even up to 1year.6months...dis system ish d tired me....it happened before n it returned to normal...bt dis tym around...about 6keys r not responding....hw much will it cost me to change d keyboard.....n pls is it d keyboard or the motherboard ?..cos im confused

Is the keyboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 1:40pm On May 26, 2015
billtommy:
Got a problem with my hp notebook, the BIOS was updating when Nepa took light, afterwhich I tried to switch it on, the only indication I got was the caplock key blinking twice (BIOS corrupted according to HP website). It was like dat for about 3 days. I took it to the technician and the light stopped blinking. Just an indicator by the side blinks. I'm so confused as I have taken it to 2 computer technicians and its still not coming up. Pls help.
you should have gotten an external or additional source of light of which you will be sure that it wont trip and jumble things up. you failed to act according to instructions and now you are exposed to facing the tide of either changing your BIOS chip, a hardware solution, or the motherboard, or sell it as scrap, or any other solution i personally haven't known about. Kindly state the make and model of your laptop for more evaluation. Good luck.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:53pm On May 26, 2015
bigt2:
you should have gotten an external or additional source of light of which you will be sure that it wont trip and jumble things up. you failed to act according to instructions and now you are exposed to facing the tide of either changing your BIOS chip, a hardware solution, or the motherboard, or sell it as scrap, or any other solution i personally haven't known about. Kindly state the make and model of your laptop for more evaluation. Good luck.

I like that, nice1 bigt2. Moreover,@user assumed your computer bios needs charging.
If the bios is integrated to the motherboard, you need to change the motherboard.

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by EXICON(m): 8:09pm On May 26, 2015
hello great house. pls I need your help with the idea of softwares that can be used to recover the contents from a crashed HDD or formatted one. My system recently crashed and I need to recover some of the contents in it.

kindly help out please.

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:20pm On May 26, 2015
EXICON:
hello great house. pls I need your help with the idea of softwares that can be used to recover the contents from a crashed HDD or formatted one. My system recently crashed and I need to recover some of the contents in it.

kindly help out please.

Thanks.

recuva
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by billtommy(m): 9:42pm On May 26, 2015
bigt2:

HP mini notebood 110

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AwesomeRomeo: 9:49pm On May 26, 2015
AlphaT:

It depends. If your PC comes with Win 7 pre-installed and then u upgrade to 8 or 8.1, it requires an activation code which you'll need to purchase. On the other hand, if it comes pre-installed with win 8, the upgrade to 8.1 is free and you can do that from the windows store.
My laptop comes with windows 7 pre-installed and I want to install windows 8. So I have to purchase an activation code?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 10:40pm On May 26, 2015
Been sanctioned by spam BOT for a while ... I no know wetin i do.. grin. Good to be back famss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AwesomeRomeo: 10:41pm On May 26, 2015
Need a site to download crack/paid pc apps wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AwesomeRomeo: 10:43pm On May 26, 2015
Tolzeal:
Been sanctioned by spam BOT for a while ... I no know wetin i do.. grin. Good to be back famss
Welcome back cool
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 10:49pm On May 26, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
My laptop comes with windows 7 pre-installed and I want to install windows 8. So I have to purchase an activation code?

yes as advised by deji2009 or go other way with bigt2 .... grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 10:52pm On May 26, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
Welcome back cool

Thanks bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 10:52pm On May 26, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
Need a site to download crack/paid pc apps wink

always search google...it will always get u to a page.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AwesomeRomeo: 11:08pm On May 26, 2015
Tolzeal:

always search google...it will always get u to a page.
Tanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ignyte(m): 7:27am On May 27, 2015
Please o, My laptop (Hp 2000) was down due to lack of electricity and Fuel scarcity did not allow me power up the generator. Now, I have power but when I power up the Laptop the screen doesn't light up. The lights on the keyboard and power button are on but my screen remains Black. The screen is 1 month old and I took the laptop for repairs and nothing was wrong inside
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by barikay: 8:21am On May 27, 2015
Pls oooo i need help. I downloaded surfeasy VPN into my system and since then each time I launch my mt4 my laptop will off. Pls wait should I do? I have even uninstall and reinstall it but d same problem persisted.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 12:32pm On May 27, 2015
barikay:
Pls oooo i need help. I downloaded surfeasy VPN into my system and since then each time I launch my mt4 my laptop will off. Pls wait should I do? I have even uninstall and reinstall it but d same problem persisted.
a programming error might be conflicting with your operating system. try to contact the developer of such software. Good luck.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 12:37pm On May 27, 2015
Ignyte:
Please o, My laptop (Hp 2000) was down due to
lack of electricity and Fuel scarcity did not allow
me power up the generator.
Now, I have power but when I power up the
Laptop the screen doesn't light up. The lights on
the keyboard and power button are on but my
screen remains Black.
The screen is 1 month old and I took the laptop
for repairs and nothing was wrong inside
have you tried opening the RAM compartment of your laptop? probably, the RAM(S) may have gotten gritty. Clean the slots too. This might solve the problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 4:59pm On May 27, 2015
barikay:

have u tried using another VPN??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oldrafikki: 5:21pm On May 27, 2015
Mtn browsing with simple server is still working. Just go here 4 procedures on how to set it up http:///Rs1Dvf
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oldrafikki: 5:22pm On May 27, 2015
Mtn browsing with simple server is still working. Just go here 4 procedures on how to set it up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Okponee: 6:13pm On May 27, 2015
Hi all: Pls what should I do about the following issues with my mini laptop:

1. its battery used to last up to 7 hours after it has bn fully charged, but now, the battery can hardly take up to 2hours, even though the indicator still shows roughly six hours?

2. Its bluetooth is always on anytime I boot the system now, whereas it used not to be so before.

3. Is it a better idea for me to upgrade to windows 8 from windows 7?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 6:42pm On May 27, 2015
Okponee:
Hi all: Pls what should I do about the following issues with my mini laptop:

1. its battery used to last up to 7 hours after it has bn fully charged, but now, the battery can hardly take up to 2hours, even though the indicator still shows roughly six hours?

2. Its bluetooth is always on anytime I boot the system now, whereas it used not to be so before.

3. Is it a better idea for me to upgrade to windows 8 from windows 7?

Do you have good anti virus on your system?
If you have 2g ram on your system its good to upgrade to windows 8 but what's the specs of system because it may not have complete windows 8 driver
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Okponee: 7:03pm On May 27, 2015
adetwin:

Do you have good anti virus on your system?
If you have 2g ram on your system its good to upgrade to windows 8 but what's the specs of system because it may not have complete windows 8 driver

@ adetwin: tnx for ur prompt reply. I've been using avira free antivirus.

The laptop is HP mini 110-3500; RAM- 1GB; 32 bit OS; 1.67GHz; 250GB HDD.

Pls is there anything I should do to make the system better?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:04pm On May 27, 2015
billtommy:
where are you based? I can help you with reviving it and regenerating the BIOS. BIOS updates aren't things you dance around with. They are one thing i don't even advise people to update.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by billtommy(m): 8:17pm On May 27, 2015
onegig:
where are you based? I can help you with reviving it and regenerating the BIOS. BIOS updates aren't things you dance around with. They are one thing i don't even advise people to update.

i wont mind,its a lesson learnt the hardway, am in ibadan

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (1221) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.