Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (582) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1262043 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 10:06pm On Jun 26, 2015
oakslid:

It's fairly used.
Do you know of a reliable place where I can do trade-in

Sure.....
Where is your location bro ?
and can i get pics.. I can get you market bro.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oakslid: 11:07pm On Jun 26, 2015
Tolzeal:

Sure.....
Where is your location bro ?
and can i get pics.. I can get you market bro.

Lag
I'll pm u now
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AwesomeRomeo: 12:05am On Jun 27, 2015
Pls gurus how can I run a program or app in safe mode? Tanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Maczeelly(m): 1:35am On Jun 27, 2015
I was using my sony system last night suddenly the system just off and when I on it, it was saying operating system not found...........Help please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omoikea(m): 2:15am On Jun 27, 2015
pls help, my system Wi-Fi no longer on... its now off either my airplane mode is off or on
what's the cause and solution
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 6:09am On Jun 27, 2015
oakslid:

Lag
I'll pm u now

Aiit bro.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 6:35am On Jun 27, 2015
Maczeelly:
I was using my sony system last night suddenly the system just off and when I on it, it was saying operating system not found...........Help please

Oops... You might need to unscrew to check ti connection cable attached to the hard drive first .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MINISTER2000: 6:39am On Jun 27, 2015
my system is saying 'diagnosing' pls help me, I ve been unable to access any document in my laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 27, 2015
litaninja:
Use free / open source ware sir. Look for "testdisk"
Beware, its not for the faint of heart...

thanks so much bro...will download it soon. Pls what do u mean by your last statement sir?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 1:18pm On Jun 27, 2015
odimbannamdi:
Hi guys.
i use a hp laptop. Just recently, each time i put it on, the indicator lights come on but nothing shows on the screen.

i was told by some experienced guys around me here that it has VGA problem and that even if i repair it, the problem will most likely keep re-occurring.

i was already making plans to procure a new laptop when someone else told me that instead of repairing the VGA, i should change the screen entirely because the VGA is located in the screen. That as long as the new screen is actually "new", it will take quite sometime before it starts giving issues again.

How true is this, guys? which is the best possible solution and the cost?

thanks

First, check the physical RAM. You can re-seat it or test with another compatible RAM. If no display, then connect the laptop to an external monitor and test again. If it displays on the external monitor, then you know there is a problem with your laptop's monitor.

Before thinking of replacing the monitor though, you may want to check for broken or loose connections between the motherboard and the monitor. If everything looks good and no display still, then you may proceed to replace the monitor.

If, however, there is no display when you test with an external monitor, you can start suspecting the on-board graphics chip. You can try the DIY re-flow method (please find more info on google). Or simply replace the motherboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 1:47pm On Jun 27, 2015
generalissimo:
Hello guys, pls I need help here. I just acquired a UK used dell Studio 17/1745 laptop but d issue with it is that its battery doesn't charge. When connected to the ac adapter, it usually displays connected but not charging. I have even changed the battery severally but the batteries still wouldn't charge. I have tested it with different ac adapter too, all to no avail. I love the system and I don't wanna give up on it just yet. Pls any suggestions on the solution to the charging problem? Thanks

Have you tried a different AC power outlet?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 3:24pm On Jun 27, 2015
scanp:
pls computer engrs in the house pls help my window 8.1 can't start up because it hangs while scanning and repairing drive C and it gets stuck at 12% and when I press any key before scan. it will result in a message. your computer ran into a critical problems collecting and restarting and it will hang again pls help.

CHKDSK can take a while to complete, depending on the HDD size. Just be a bit patient and see if it completes. You can let it run overnight or something.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oakslid: 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2015
Tolzeal:

Aiit bro.
Sent you a pm already.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AwesomeRomeo: 3:38pm On Jun 27, 2015
Pls gurus in the house, help me. Whenever I power on my laptop, an annoying dialog box always appear saying

Line 0 (file "c:\Google
\googleupdate.a3x" )
Error:Error opening the file

It will appear five times and it started when I uninstalled AVG internet anti virus and installed bitdefender total anti virus. Please help me sirs. Tanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 3:50pm On Jun 27, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
I install an application and uninstall, now am trying to reinstall but its telling that the app is already install in system that I should update it. I tried all i could do reinstall but it refused. Pls how can i reinstall it? Thanks

Try a third-party utility like Revo Uninstaller
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 3:59pm On Jun 27, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
Pls gurus in the house, help me. Whenever I power on my laptop, an annoying dialog box always appear saying

Line 0 (file "c:\Google
\googleupdate.a3x" )
Error:Error opening the file

It will appear five times and it started when I uninstalled AVG internet anti virus and installed bitdefender total anti virus. Please help me sirs. Tanx

It could be a malware. Try system restore. Or scan the system with a bootable anti-malware program.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AwesomeRomeo: 4:00pm On Jun 27, 2015
shawlxAk:

Try a third-party utility like Revo Uninstaller
You mean I should install the app with Revo Uninstaller? I thought Revo Uninstaller is only made for uninstalling apps only? I have already uninstall the app, and now I want to reinstall it but its telling me that the app is already installed in the system. I have Revo Uninstaller Pro. Tanx for the response.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AwesomeRomeo: 4:03pm On Jun 27, 2015
shawlxAk:

It could be a malware. Try system restore.
How can I do that sir? And pls will I lose my files if I do it? Thank u sire.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 4:10pm On Jun 27, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
How can I do that sir? And pls will I lose my files if I do it? Thank u sire.

No, system restore does not affect personal files. Sometimes, malicious programs disable system restore. So, if it does not work, you can try booting the system with a bootable anti-malware program like AVG rescue CD.

You may want to perform a full system scan first before trying any of the above.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 27, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
Pls gurus how can I run a program or app in safe mode? Tanks.
restart ur system and keep pressing f8 before it boots...u'll then be prompted to boot windows in safe mode
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 4:59pm On Jun 27, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
You mean I should install the app with Revo Uninstaller? I thought Revo Uninstaller is only made for uninstalling apps only? I have already uninstall the app, and now I want to reinstall it but its telling me that the app is already installed in the system. I have Revo Uninstaller Pro. Tanx for the response.

Yes, you can install programs using Revo uninstaller Pro. Or remove leftovers of already uninstalled programs. You are welcome.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AwesomeRomeo: 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2015
shawlxAk:

Yes, you can install programs using Revo uninstaller Pro. Or remove leftovers of already uninstalled programs. You are welcome.
Sire, I only know how to uninstall programs and remove leftovers but I don't know how to install programs with it. Pls how can I install programs with it? Tanx.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AwesomeRomeo: 5:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
bugzygee:
restart ur system and keep pressing f8 before it boots...u'll then be prompted to boot windows in safe mode
Tanx cool
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 5:31pm On Jun 27, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
Sire, I only know how to uninstall programs and remove leftovers but I don't know how to install programs with it. Pls how can I install programs with it? Tanx.

Launch Revo Uninstaller and click Install Programs. Locate and select the executable file of the program to be installed and follow the prompts.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AwesomeRomeo: 5:37pm On Jun 27, 2015
shawlxAk:

No, system restore does not affect personal files. Sometimes, malicious programs disable system restore. So, if it does not work, you can try booting the system with a bootable anti-malware program like AVG rescue CD.

You may want to perform a full system scan first before trying any of the above.
Ok, pls, how can I perform the system restore? Am just a JJC ooo. Tanx a lot, am grateful.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AwesomeRomeo: 5:39pm On Jun 27, 2015
shawlxAk:

Launch Revo Uninstaller and click Install Programs. Locate and select the executable file of the program to be installed and follow the prompts.
Got it, am grateful. Pls sire, are u on whatsapp?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 5:46pm On Jun 27, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
Ok, pls, how can I perform the system restore? Am just a JJC ooo. Tanx a lot, am grateful.

Please scan your computer for viruses first, to try and detect and delete any malware.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 5:51pm On Jun 27, 2015
oakslid:

Sent you a pm already.

Okay boss.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AwesomeRomeo: 6:26pm On Jun 27, 2015
shawlxAk:

Please scan your computer for viruses first, to try and detect and delete any malware.
Ok sir!!! I tried to installer the app using the Revo Uninstaller but it still didn't install, it still said that the app is already installedan that I should used impulse to update it. Tanx.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 6:58pm On Jun 27, 2015
oakslid Please forward the stuff to my WhatsApp
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tmanis(m): 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
please, can a hard disc making a clicking sound be repaired, or is it just better to replace...?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tukasa(m): 7:26am On Jun 28, 2015
Am using hp AMD laptop laptop of 2gig ram , 1.35GHZ . I bought IT New not up to 3 month . Am playing winning eleven 8 on it and is very fast. untill d day a computer engineer came nd carry my laptop go say he go help me go pertision am into 2 . wen he bring am cum he don format my laptop and my wifi and bluetooth went away , i go buy driver pack i drive am back.. But until d 3rd day i wanna play my winning eleven 8 d game is very slow to d extend dat i can not play it. i install anoda soccer game winning eleven 9 it is doing d same thing.. I dont knw if dat engineer don change something frm my laptop.. Pls wat ave happened to my laptop and wats d solution. MY LAPTOP NA WINDOW 8.[color=#006600][/color]

(1) (2) (3) ... (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.