Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (633) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1262117 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nasonaso: 10:38am On Oct 06, 2015
all4naija:

1) Tell the technician to change the power switch and the power flex cable(it's possibly having problem at the connector tip connecting it to the motherboard).

2) Tell him to check the power jacks for issues, for broken cable, etc.

3) If after those it is not coming up it is time to replace the power integrated circuit and some of the transistors around the power IC section of your mobo.

Thanks I will do just that n get back to u

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Pidggin(f): 12:33pm On Oct 06, 2015
Hello, i see horizontal lines on my laptop screen, can you help with a solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 12:38pm On Oct 06, 2015
Pidggin:
Hello, i see horizontal lines on my laptop screen, can you help with a solution?

Get ready to replace the screen !!! ... Check our signature for contact details
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Pidggin(f): 12:40pm On Oct 06, 2015
adetwin:

Get ready to replace the screen !!! ... Check our signature for contact details

Thank you, please what could have caused this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 06, 2015
dazzy4real:
please house my acer laptop just went off while i was watching movie with it. first i thot it was low battery but after fully charged wen i put it on it gets to Windows login stage if i try logging in it shutdown. power it on again it gets to Windows login stage wen i try putting my password to click enter it shutdown again. please wat could be the problem n solution to it..
It is dirty. Look for a tech to open it up and clean it. Tell him to add thermal paste to the processor surface and thermal pad on the GPU.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chanzy1(m): 3:19pm On Oct 06, 2015
Ucheernest:
pls guys ever since i upgraded to windows 10, i can't reduce my screen brightness, how can i do that, am using hp envy x360 touchsmart corei5.

Had same problem, simply update your display driver
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Toroze(m): 9:07pm On Oct 06, 2015
Toroze:
Hi house i have a problem with the earphones jack of my Lenovo G500 any time i put in earphones i don't get any sounds from them at all but if i adjust the said earphones and hold them in a particular position they start working just fine............i've tried cleaning it nothing my audio drivers and sound is well setup...i dunno what to do again short of changing the jack and if that's my only option can it be done DIY any help we'll be well appreciated
Any help her please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Toroze(m): 9:08pm On Oct 06, 2015
Toroze:
Any help here please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by good188(m): 10:53pm On Oct 06, 2015
kinghacker:
Please i need simple server settings for a cyber cafe

my email davidkennedysarver@gmail.com
don't use it for cyber cafe its very slow ,I can direct you on which one u can use if you have multilink or cobranet that's what I'm using
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 11:20pm On Oct 06, 2015
Toroze:
Any help her please
taught I said st about this.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Toroze(m): 11:27pm On Oct 06, 2015
VITALYSTA:
try and change the earphone cos not all of them are supported on PCs. u can buy a Sound Card if don't want to tangle with your laptop trying to change the audio jack.
thanks
That's the thing i tried different earphones headsets all to no avail and i do wanna tangle with my laptop i prefer DIY methods than buying a sound card
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lordraiden(m): 6:12am On Oct 07, 2015
ANY HELP! my dell laptop freezes after booting to desktop screen
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 7:18am On Oct 07, 2015
Toroze:
That's the thing i tried different earphones headsets all to no avail and i do wanna tangle with my laptop i prefer DIY methods than buying a sound card
You then need to visit an engineer to replace it for you. know you that it's price won't be any funny
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 7:27am On Oct 07, 2015
lordraiden:
ANY HELP! my dell laptop freezes after booting to desktop screen
good morning. Does the fan spin?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ENDYCOAL: 7:48am On Oct 07, 2015
Hello, my 1,2,3,4,7,8,9,0 keys stopped working today. any help?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 07, 2015
ENDYCOAL:
Hello, my 1,2,3,4,7,8,9,0 keys stopped working today. any help?
laptop or desktop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lordraiden(m): 9:05am On Oct 07, 2015
VITALYSTA:

good morning. Does the fan spin?
ya every other thing works fine only d screen freezes and notin moves
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ENDYCOAL: 9:35am On Oct 07, 2015
bugzygee:
laptop or desktop?
laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 10:11am On Oct 07, 2015
lordraiden:
ya every other thing works fine only d screen freezes and notin moves
what did you do last with the laptop before it developed that fault.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Daphantom: 10:52am On Oct 07, 2015
Help! I've been trying to install pes 2015 on my laptop but it keeps giving me this 0xc0000142 error. I've downloaded metrolastlight fix, tried going through regedit, no success. I use a HP 250, 4gb Pentium notebook Pc.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Youngpo413: 11:00am On Oct 07, 2015
VITALYSTA:

hi,pls can windows 10 be installed on Hp 655 AMD ,2GB RAm and 64BIT?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ysquare(m): 11:56am On Oct 07, 2015
Hi guys my kasperski antivirus is failing to update. pls what should I do. thanks in advance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 07, 2015
Daphantom:
Help! I've been trying to install pes 2015 on my laptop but it keeps giving me this 0xc0000142 error. I've downloaded metrolastlight fix, tried going through regedit, no success. I use a HP 250, 4gb Pentium notebook Pc.
Uninstall it and look for a better installer. Most of the DLL(diirect-link liibrary) is corrupted.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lordraiden(m): 2:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
VITALYSTA:

nothing started all of a sudden
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 3:03pm On Oct 07, 2015
Youngpo413:
hi,pls can windows 10 be installed on Hp 655 AMD ,2GB RAm and 64BIT?
it surely can...but i wld advise u upgrade ur ram to 4gig for better performance...as u will be running 64bit on it....when ur antivirus and other core programs share the 2gig..u system would become unbearably slow
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2015
ysquare:
Hi guys my kasperski antivirus is failing to update. pls what should I do. thanks in advance
state the version and type of kaspersky u use ie antivirus,internet security or toal security...
make a snapshot of the error message.....and paste here..
u can equally check the update source...make sure its on kaspersky lab update servers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Daphantom: 5:09pm On Oct 07, 2015
all4naija:

Uninstall it and look for a better installer. Most of the DLL(diirect-link liibrary) is corrupted.

Ok. But Bro, by better installer, do you mean a different install file as in for the pes?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lordraiden(m): 5:59pm On Oct 07, 2015
VITALYSTA:

i Jst booted it with safe mode n it's not freezing,d Ish nw is to know d app dat is causing it to freeze
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 07, 2015
Daphantom:

Ok. But Bro, by better installer, do you mean a different install file as in for the pes?
Yes, sir!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Shakiratemma(f): 8:10pm On Oct 07, 2015
I beg, am system no dey gree last 10mins after loadin... Him go begin show dis msg... Pls help ooo.... Pics below

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Shakiratemma(f): 8:14pm On Oct 07, 2015
Wat does dis mean My system go jst freeze n dis msg go pop up... Help cry cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.