Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (750) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1262662 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:29pm On Sep 23, 2016
booz:
Please, my laptop says 'plugged in, not charging ' and actually the battery isn't charging, what could be the cause?
I was waiting for engineers in the house to come and answer you, that why I didn't respond. Since noone did, let me try to lend you some skills/ knowledge I acquired as an undergraduate. (note- I am not an engineer...I learnt how to troubleshoot some pc problems as an undergrad, as a means of saving money from those extorting engineers).
For the problem you stated above, let me state some of the known causes, according to my knowledge
A) get a working tester, and insert it into the socket you plugged your charger. If more than one opening detects current, then your socket is the problem. Change the socket itslf, or your extension if its the extension box (the wires has been compromised)
B) turn the charger 180 degrees (I hope you understand this), somethngs polarity is the problem, especially for two-mouthed plugs.
C) try another charger on the laptop. The charger itslf could be compromised
D) if all the aforementioned tips didn't work, it could be an indication that your laptop battery has seen better days. Get another one.
Sometimes, charging with generator could be the cause. Try with nepa and let's see what happens (I have no explanation to dis)
Please update me on the progress of this exercise.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by primeson1(m): 6:38am On Sep 24, 2016
My pc keyboard will just be pressing bracket key itself whenever I try typing anything. I am tired.

I have changed the keyboard like twice in d past.

What can be wrong again.

I am using Toshiba satellite
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 7:13am On Sep 24, 2016
primeson1:
My pc keyboard will just be pressing bracket key itself whenever I try typing anything. I am tired.

I have changed the keyboard like twice in d past.

What can be wrong again.

I am using Toshiba satellite

if you have changed keyboard twice and problem persisted, then your motherboard will be worth looking at
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 7:52am On Sep 24, 2016
[quote author=Shegoobanzy post=49619711]I need help oh.. my old laptop Dell latitude D630 is misbehavior oh. I noticed some days ago that it doesn't power on immediately I press the power button and I had to press morer than once or place my finger on the button longer.. but two days ago it stop powering up at all. And today I tried powering on again and it still the same. But while playing with the wifi button at the side, the caps lock indicator light came up(Ti immediately plugged my phone USB cord to d port and it was charging my phone and subsequently it was showing low battery indicator light beeping)

You have power button problem,you may need to change the power card........
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dmz1: 8:44am On Sep 24, 2016
some keys of my laptop are not working and if I press some keys it will add some other letters in addition to that key eg if I stroke the "n" key it will write "nm5" for example
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 9:17am On Sep 24, 2016
dmz1:
some keys of my laptop are not working and if I press some keys it will add some other letters in addition to that key eg if I stroke the "n" key it will write "nm5" for example
First things first, restart your system and observe if any changes. If not, you should get the keyboard off ( do this only if you can) and place it back. This works 90% of the time. You only need to unscrew the screws holding the keyboard on the back casing and then with a flat screw driver and some tech skills, get the keyboard off. Make sure you remove the battery and charger before doing this.

If that doesn't work, consider replacing your keyboard with a new one. If you experience same issues, your board needs to be examined.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tevanso(m): 7:41pm On Sep 24, 2016
pls my laptop is displaying low memory , ram 4GB hard disc 175 used out of 297 GB
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by primeson1(m): 7:56pm On Sep 24, 2016
Thanks... I will rather use external keyboard... Motherboard no be small money I guess

sotall:

if you have changed keyboard twice and problem persisted, then your motherboard will be worth looking at
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Xzbit91: 11:47pm On Sep 24, 2016
help! my HP notebook 2000 screen is shaking, not the hardware but the display. any ideas to this problem and the cost of rectifying it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:50am On Sep 25, 2016
Xzbit91:
help! my HP notebook 2000 screen is shaking, not the hardware but the display. any ideas to this problem and the cost of rectifying it?

it maybe the flex ( I mean the video cable) is not properly fix to the screen. Or the screen itself need replacement.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tundenoni(m): 8:14am On Sep 25, 2016
please help! my HP pavilion g6 refuse to ON, I've been battling with it for 4 hours now. what could be the problem please?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mintayo(m): 10:22am On Sep 25, 2016
Mintayo:
Please my mini laptop with windows 10 is saying "unmountable boot volume" on startup, then it goes blank.
Please what's the meaning of this and how can I rectify this please?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Xzbit91: 10:34am On Sep 25, 2016
horllamy:

it maybe the flex ( I mean the video cable) is not properly fix to the screen. Or the screen itself need replacement.
Thanks for the response, any idea as to the cost of repair?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 7:39pm On Sep 25, 2016
Xzbit91:

Thanks for the response, any idea as to the cost of repair?
depend on the area
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Xzbit91: 9:11pm On Sep 25, 2016
horllamy:
depend on the area
thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Xzbit91: 9:14pm On Sep 25, 2016
horllamy:
depend on the area
thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 9:18pm On Sep 25, 2016
Tundenoni:
please help! my HP pavilion g6 refuse to ON, I've been battling with it for 4 hours now. what could be the problem please?
Does it refuse to power on with charger or battery or both of them?
When you press the power switch, do you notice any indicator light blinking?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tundenoni(m): 10:54pm On Sep 25, 2016
sotall:

Does it refuse to power on with charger or battery or both of them?

When you press the power switch, do you notice any indicator light blinking?
it refuses to power on with and without charger or battery.
no light at all apart from.
I managed to on it this evening,and it refuses to on again after I off it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 4:04am On Sep 26, 2016
Tundenoni:

it refuses to power on with and without charger or battery.
no light at all apart from.
I managed to on it this evening,and it refuses to on again after I off it

I guess your power switch maybe bad . Anyway, you need to see an engineer as this problem is more of an hardware issue and should be managed by someone trained in that aspect.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dotedote: 7:13am On Sep 26, 2016
Good morning Prof.
My laptop hangs at will whenever it's in use & the only option for me whenever this happens is a hard Restart by pressing on the Power Button. This shuts the system down and I press it again for starting up the system and it starts working normally.
HP EliteBook 8460p (i5)
320 G. 4G RAM
Windows 8.1
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 7:55am On Sep 26, 2016
dotedote:

Good morning Prof.
My laptop hangs at will whenever it's in use & the only option for me whenever this happens is a hard Restart by pressing on the Power Button. This shuts the system down and I press it again for starting up the system and it starts working normally.
HP EliteBook 8460p (i5)
320 G. 4G RAM
Windows 8.1

It's only a 4GB RAM device, I know you have overloaded it with anything and everything.
You have too many processes requesting attention at the same time and your system cannot cope.
NB : Typical example, a nursing mother gives birth to quads, they all wan suck bobbi at the same time............ You can imagine the rest............
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by manasseh604: 10:01am On Sep 26, 2016
please ooo, my facebook account has been infected by malware, i have downloaded and scanned malware antivirus but its still showing the same thing. what should i do to get my account by on the laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 10:02am On Sep 26, 2016
dotedote:

Good morning Prof.
HP EliteBook 8460p (i5)
320 G. 4G RAM
Windows 8.1

probably it may be virus, I wil advice you to back up ur file and reload the system. Or it maybe ur hard disk as getting weak.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tundenoni(m): 11:14am On Sep 26, 2016
sotall:

I guess your power switch maybe bad . Anyway, you need to see an engineer as this problem is more of an hardware issue and should be managed by someone trained in that aspect.
thanks boss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 8:46pm On Sep 26, 2016
dotedote:

Good morning Prof.
HP EliteBook 8460p (i5)
320 G. 4G RAM
Windows 8.1
I hope you are not running applications that require higher graphics than your system can candle on your system.if that is the case, uninstall and stop running such applications.

On a general note, as a board engineer, I have come to realise that Elitebook 8460P core i5 and "hanging/restarting/fan problems" problems are like Siamese twins.
So your system is probably on its way to start complaining about cooling fan when you start it and then goes off.

Hanging is probably caused by the overheating of
VGA. Overheating of VGA is probably due to faulty
fan or a fan that is not blowing properly. Faulty fan
is a common problem of Elitebook 8460P.
So basically you need the services of a board
engineer who will help you remove the dust from
the fan or change it if necessary. If you are in
Lagos, I can help you fix it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by semid4lyfe(m): 12:35am On Sep 27, 2016
My Western Digital External Hard Drive is showing as Local Disk instead of a Removable Drive it has always being. This began 2 days ago.

The external hard drive is assessible, working fine and the files inside are opening. It also ejects normally like an external hard drive and is easily detected by the TV when plugged in via USB.

My only worry is its appearance as Local Disk, its inability to be renamed as it reverts back to Local Disk immediately. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by JohnieWalker(m): 3:29am On Sep 27, 2016
My samsung mini laptop N102SP gets stuck at 29% when am charging it but it still shows plugged in, charging. I have tried several method all to no avail. I have checked the BIOS setting to see if Battery Extender is disabled. I have drained the battery and start charging from zero percent but still the same stuff. Please Engineers in the house please come to my aid....Edakun i need it for my online business...PLEASE HELP it runs on window 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by galantjoe(m): 5:39am On Sep 27, 2016
Helo computer gulus in the house
I want to update my IT expertise to another level
So i decided to study for Compt A+ certification and ethical hacker certification.
Please where can i have best and affordable training and exams. I work in anambra state. Lagos can be considered if cost is affordable.
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ultmatmus(m): 5:58pm On Sep 27, 2016
galantjoe:
Helo computer gulus in the house
I want to update my IT expertise to another level
So i decided to study for Compt A+ certification and ethical hacker certification.
Please where can i have best and affordable training and exams. I work in anambra state. Lagos can be considered if cost is affordable.
Thanks
Bros find some instructional videos and pdf you will be fine and for the certification just apply for the exams...

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by heywhydut: 10:55pm On Sep 27, 2016
Hello guys, pls i want to get internet modem which one is prefarable thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emmaesty(f): 2:28am On Sep 28, 2016
AKBliv010:

Now you have windows to update driver, run the hardware troubleshooter again.
cheesy grin grin grin My phone has started displaying on my system. Thanks a bunch

The problem was with the phone which has been rectified grin grin

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by segmond(m): 3:59pm On Sep 28, 2016
Good evening,
Please assist with steps to format/reset my lenovo desktop PC to factory settings. I am given it out so I need to clear everything on it.

OS- window 7

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.