Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (773) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1260761 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kinglekan: 7:30pm On Dec 06, 2016
Gemc3:

Yes!! Yes! It worked! It worked! And all my files are intact Thanks a lot Lekan. I appreciate it. Thanks a lot cheesy cheesy

You're most welcome. smiley

Just remember to always click "safely remove" before unplugging the cable each time you use it. Take care of it and you shouldn't have this kind of issue again.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ogborokiri(m): 3:54am On Dec 07, 2016
Does Anyone Have Dell Latitud 510 Battery 4 Sell
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:41am On Dec 07, 2016
Ogborokiri:
Does Anyone Have Dell Latitud 510 Battery 4 Sell
Go for new 1 bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 9:52am On Dec 07, 2016
kinglekan:

You're most welcome. smiley

Just remember to always click "safely remove" before unplugging the cable each time you use it. Take care of it and you shouldn't have this kind of issue again.

Yes boss! grin

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 07, 2016
Hello engineers in the house,
I'm having a very frustrating issue with my Fujitsu Siemens amilo notebook pa3515 and it is AMD( I don't know what this means, though. )
It's been having a black lifeless screen for a while and I've done everything possible but it's still the same thing. I google this problem and found out it's common to Siemens laptops sad.
I was told initially by an engineer that it's VGA but after spending a whole day trying to repair it, he changed tune and said it's the projector. shocked

Please, geniuses in the house, what can I do? I'm just fed up 'cause the laptop is actually a new one. Please, help!!! sad angry

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 9:37pm On Dec 07, 2016
luckylizzy:
Hello engineers in the house,
I'm having a very frustrating issue with my Fujitsu Siemens amilo notebook pa3515 and it is AMD( I don't know what this means, though. )
It's been having a black lifeless screen for a while and I've done everything possible but it's still the same thing. I google this problem and found out it's common to Siemens laptops sad.
I was told initially by an engineer that it's VGA but after spending a whole day trying to repair it, he changed tune and said it's the projector. shocked

Please, geniuses in the house, what can I do? I'm just fed up 'cause the laptop is actually a new one. Please, help!!! sad angry
since the laptop is new. The best thing for you to do is take it for warranty.
You shouldn't have taken it to an engineer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 10:00pm On Dec 07, 2016
Sameolg616, thanks for fixing my laptop 'skoi skoi' cheesy cheesy thanks!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DeLioncourt: 10:27am On Dec 08, 2016
Is it possible to install an nvidia graphics card on any laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mathkid007: 11:31am On Dec 08, 2016
Hello guys,when playing games or watching videos on my pc,it just turns off with the fan blowing very fast and the pc getting overheated....how do i fix it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jaid23: 2:16pm On Dec 08, 2016
I noticed my lsptop's fan mkes noise when my system is on. So i tried blowing out dust from it thru the its dust vent. The put my lptop bck on nd i noticed it goes off after like one min. Try again nd still d sme ish. The lptop keeps going off.

Sny soln to this plx.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sanni45(m): 3:01pm On Dec 08, 2016
jaid23:

I noticed my lsptop's fan mkes noise when my system is on. So i tried blowing out dust from it thru the its dust vent. The put my lptop bck on nd i noticed it goes off after like one min. Try again nd still d sme ish. The lptop keeps going off.

Sny soln to this plx.
After cleaning d fan..Did u noticed if d fan works atall b4 d laptop goes off?..U need to double check.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Amicable24: 4:37pm On Dec 08, 2016
My laptop keeps saying windows not genuine and I tried something Computerboy gave me months back but now it says I have reached d limits and it can't work anymore.. It says I should re-install my OS.. How do I go abt that or any other solution

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by computerboy: 4:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
Amicable24:
My laptop keeps saying windows not genuine and I tried something Computerboy gave me months back but now it says I have reached d limits and it can't work anymore.. It says I should re-install my OS.. How do I go abt that or any other solution

Why not upgrade to windows 8.1 or 10 then use an activator to activate your windows. Windows 7 is almost outdated
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Amicable24: 4:54pm On Dec 08, 2016
computerboy:

Why not upgrade to windows 8.1 or 10 then use an activator to activate your windows. Windows 7 is almost outdated
Thanks Computerboy, I think it's high time I upgraded..
But wat do u mean by activator
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by computerboy: 6:18pm On Dec 08, 2016
Amicable24:

Thanks Computerboy, I think it's high time I upgraded..
But wat do u mean by activator

It will activate your windows after upgrading. What's your laptop model and specs?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 9:52am On Dec 09, 2016
Amicable24:
Whatever he gave u was either not strong enuf or properly done..maybe u were just rearming the system
Call me on 08061679732 for a permanent solution
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:00am On Dec 09, 2016
computerboy:

That's a lame answer to his question..if u attempted to solve the issue before and it's still still..logically,u shd re assess the situation to find out why/come up wit a solution rather than ur suggestion..that's ow to learn/be the best..
Moreso,don't misinform the public abt windows 7 almost outdated..windows 10 is the newly improved windows 7 with windows 8 infused into it..i.e after win 10,u AV win 7 not even win8...
Older systems wld still support the win7 better..modern day apps/laptops are made in 64bits to support gaming and newer hardwares
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by computerboy: 10:03am On Dec 09, 2016
sameolg616:

That's a lame answer to his question..if u attempted to solve the issue before and it's still still..logically,u shd re assess the situation to find out why/come up wit a solution..that's ow to learn/be the best..
Moreso,don't misinform the public abt windows 7 almost outdated..windows 10 is the newly improved windows 7 with windows 8 infused into it..i.e after win 10,u AV win 7 not even win8...
Older systems wld still support the win7 better..modern day apps/laptops are made in 64bits to support gaming and newer hardwares

Please I don't know you. Say what you want to say but don't quote me next time if you can't make a simple statement without insults.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordPherule(m): 5:42am On Dec 10, 2016
Hello house of Techies. I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 and has been zapping my internet data. Updates automatically, I don't know how to stop this. Solution ideas are well welcome!

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vincad: 7:58am On Dec 10, 2016
Hello guys, I urgently need a solution to this problem. I stay in a hostel where there's not been light for some months now so I usually use a small generator, the smallest size, to power my room and charge my stuff. One night the voltage increased so suddenly that my bulb, phone charger and my roommate's laptop charger blew. I thought that my laptop charger had escaped unscathed only for me to try charging my laptop the next day and I saw that there was a problem. Whenever I plug the charger it would only charge for a few minutes then stop. If you touch the charger you'll find that it's really hot. If you unplug the charger and allow it to cool down then plug it again it will start charging only to stop again and the cycle continues. I then went to visit my grandma for a few days. Her house uses nepa light and the charger worked perfectly throughout the time I stayed there. I thought the fault was from the power source, only to visit my friend who also uses nepa light and the problem started again. Now I don't know if it's the charger that's the problem or the laptop because I tried using it to charge a friend's laptop and it worked well.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 10:58am On Dec 10, 2016
LordPherule:
Hello house of Techies. I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 and has been zapping my internet data. Updates automatically, I don't know how to stop this. Solution ideas are well welcome!

In the search section type, services.msc, look for windows update(double click) and disable.............

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 10:59am On Dec 10, 2016
Vincad:
Hello guys, I urgently need a solution to this problem. I stay in a hostel where there's not been light for some months now so I usually use a small generator, the smallest size, to power my room and charge my stuff. One night the voltage increased so suddenly that my bulb, phone charger and my roommate's laptop charger blew. I thought that my laptop charger had escaped unscathed only for me to try charging my laptop the next day and I saw that there was a problem. Whenever I plug the charger it would only charge for a few minutes then stop. If you touch the charger you'll find that it's really hot. If you unplug the charger and allow it to cool down then plug it again it will start charging only to stop again and the cycle continues. I then went to visit my grandma for a few days. Her house uses nepa light and the charger worked perfectly throughout the time I stayed there. I thought the fault was from the power source, only to visit my friend who also uses nepa light and the problem started again. Now I don't know if it's the charger that's the problem or the laptop because I tried using it to charge a friend's laptop and it worked well.

Was your laptop plugged and charging during the power surge?
I would advice using another charger to charge your laptop, the charger is obviously cheaper than the laptop. Hopefully, your laptop was not plugged in during surge.....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SlimmB(m): 11:15am On Dec 10, 2016
Whenever i try restarting my laptop, it get stuck along the way of restarting so i got to press the power button too of it and on it back, but it won't boost, it just get stuck with blank screen, and after trying numerous times, i got lucky for it to boost again, so i stop restarting it rather i just off it and on it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Amicable24: 12:18pm On Dec 10, 2016
sameolg616:

Whatever he gave u was either not strong enuf or properly done..maybe u were just rearming the system
Call me on 08061679732 for a permanent solution
kinda rearming though.. Can't u share it with me here?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Amicable24: 1:14pm On Dec 10, 2016
computerboy:

It will activate your windows after upgrading. What's your laptop model and specs?
Toshiba 5.0.. Pics below...

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by computerboy: 2:41pm On Dec 10, 2016
Amicable24:

Toshiba 5.0.. Pics below...

It will be better if you could install windows 8.1 or 10. You'll enjoy your system more but in case you want to continue using your windows 7, do this to reset your re-arm limits

1. press Windows button + R to open "RUN"
2. Now type: regedit.exe
3. Follow through this path now:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software ->
Microsoft -> WindowsNT -> Current version -> SoftwareProtectionPlatform .
4. Now, look for SkipRearm and click on modify, then change it’s value data from 0 to 1.
5. Restart your computer now then put the command I gave earlier. It should work
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by computerboy: 2:46pm On Dec 10, 2016
SlimmB:
Whenever i try restarting my laptop, it get stuck along the way of restarting so i got to press the power button too of it and on it back, but it won't boost, it just get stuck with blank screen, and after trying numerous times, i got lucky for it to boost again, so i stop restarting it rather i just off it and on it.

Your windows is corrupt. Get a CD and do windows repair
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SlimmB(m): 3:03pm On Dec 10, 2016
computerboy:

Your windows is corrupt. Get a CD and do windows repair
Bro, i'm novice when it comes to such aspect of operating system sad, if you can provide me with some guilds, will be highly appreciated

And those this also mean that after the repair i gotta buy an antivirus for such not to repeat itself
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SlimmB(m): 3:05pm On Dec 10, 2016
[b][/b]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by computerboy: 3:16pm On Dec 10, 2016
SlimmB:

Bro, i'm novice when it comes to such aspect of operating system sad, if you can provide me with some guilds, will be highly appreciated

And those this also mean that after the repair i gotta buy an antivirus for such not to repeat itself

It's not necessarily caused by a virus. There are other ways it can happen. Since you're a novice I'll advise you get a professional to do it for you. It won't take more than 30 minutes
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SlimmB(m): 3:25pm On Dec 10, 2016
computerboy:

It's not necessarily caused by a virus. There are other ways it can happen. Since you're a novice I'll advise you get a professional to do it for you. It won't take more than 30 minutes
Okay, thanks man
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Amicable24: 3:28pm On Dec 10, 2016
computerboy:

It will be better if you could install windows 8.1 or 10. You'll enjoy your system more but in case you want to continue using your windows 7, do this to reset your re-arm limits

1. press Windows button + R to open "RUN"
2. Now type: regedit.exe
3. Follow through this path now:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software ->
Microsoft -> WindowsNT -> Current version -> SoftwareProtectionPlatform .
4. Now, look for SkipRearm and click on modify, then change it’s value data from 0 to 1.
5. Restart your computer now then put the command I gave earlier. It should work
Thanks man, it worked.. Thanks alot cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.