Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,770 members, 7,806,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (788) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1262072 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 12:43am On Jan 24, 2017
obong003:

Please, how do i know if the windows is a genuine one apart from the fact that the windows installed presently i did not come with the laptop. I gave a friend of mine to do it so i don't know if the disc was a genuine one
then its most likely that he installed a cracked operating system for you. Do not try to upgrade . It won't work
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 12:47am On Jan 24, 2017
habayommy:
1. When I put on my pc, the image below is what comes up until I press ENTER key , it now loads to where I will be able to type my password.
Before now, when put it on , it loads directly to the password page.

2. The "Y" key sometimes doesn't work, and it keeps typing "yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" continously on its own

Thanks in advance
Your keyboard is faulty. The best solution is to replace it with a new one.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by temi2008: 8:38am On Jan 24, 2017
I always see this error message on my laptop " windows script host disabled " have tried to enable so many times following guidelines from the net and it will work for some a while before you know it again the error message comes again. Pls help. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by obong003(m): 12:48pm On Jan 24, 2017
sotall:
then its most likely that he installed a cracked operating system for you. Do not try to upgrade . It won't work

So, what do i do now?? There are many things that i want to do but this is holding me down.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2017
obong003:

So, what do i do now?? There are many things that i want to do but this is holding me down.
how is it holding you down?
Next time you see the notification to upgrade, ignore it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DipoAy(m): 3:59pm On Jan 24, 2017
Good day People, Hope y'all are enjoying yourselves? Please Gurus in the house, I need help with Coreldraw Graphics suite X7 , Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 (64bit). I have the same problem with both of them. Serial number or activation key. Please, Biko. I need these software's badly cry cry Please help me. Have tried my best. Am sure some people too might have had these issues, please help. I just got these programs and I really need them
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by habayommy: 5:27pm On Jan 24, 2017
sotall:
Your keyboard is faulty. The best solution is to replace it with a new one.
Thanks. How much does a new keyboard cost?
Any solution to number ONE

habayommy:
1. When I put on my pc, the image below is what comes up until I press ENTER key , it now loads to where I will be able to type my password.
Before now, when I put it on , it loads directly to the password page. I want it to load directly to the password page.

2. The "Y" key sometimes doesn't work, and it keeps typing "yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" continously on its own

Thanks in advance

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 9:25pm On Jan 24, 2017
habayommy:

Thanks. How much does a new keyboard cost?
Any solution to number ONE

it depends on the model of the system. you will have to ask for the current price from those selling it.
As for your first question , the problem is probably linked to your faulty keyboard. It happens that when you put on your laptop, some of the function keys on your keyboard are already pressed down and this makes your laptop go to that page. if you change the keyboard, that problem will also be solved.
On the other hand, the problem maybe as a result of a low-charge CMOS battery. Hence if changing the keyboard doesn't solve it, changing the CMOS will.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by obong003(m): 12:08am On Jan 25, 2017
sotall:
how is it holding you down?
Next time you see the notification to upgrade, ignore it.

I can't use screenshot on my laptop, can't change lockscreen pictures just because of they are sayimg i should activate windows. But the guy who did it activated the windows.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 6:33am On Jan 25, 2017
obong003:

I can't use screenshot on my laptop, can't change lockscreen pictures just because of they are sayimg i should activate windows. But the guy who did it activated the windows.
Now I understand what happened. The guy who installed the OS activated it for you. You were getting windows notification to upgrade and at sometime you clicked it thinking it was harmless.
During the process, Microsoft detected your crack OS and bursted it. Now your windows has been inactivated and won't let you do anything.
Now, what you have to do is reload and activate again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 6:34am On Jan 25, 2017
obong003:

Now I understand what happened. The guy who installed the OS activated it for you. You were getting windows notification to upgrade and at sometime you clicked it thinking it was harmless.
During the process, Microsoft detected your crack OS and bursted it. Now your windows has been inactivated and won't let you do anything.
Now, what you have to do is back up your files, reload and activate your OS again

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dwayneflicker(m): 6:25pm On Jan 25, 2017
call us

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Clemmzy: 7:08pm On Jan 25, 2017

Pls if any body could just help me cuz am in dire mess...
My laptop system with 3GB RAM, win8 OS, 250GB HD size and an intel celeron dual core processor after series of usage in the past just developed a problem of not loading any application; when i initiate any software to be installed, it just disappears to the background without any reply or even message; so i also troubleshooted it by downgrading it to windows 7 os maybe it was a malware that got stock into it but all these to no avail... Pls right now am confused cuz i need to install softwares for many things i intend doing, so pls someone should help me in earnest thanks..

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OjoMadiba: 8:12pm On Jan 25, 2017
most times my mouse moves on its own down, what may/might be the issue?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 10:05pm On Jan 25, 2017
OjoMadiba:
most times my mouse moves on its own down, what may/might be the issue?

Maybe one of the keyboard is pressing down
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OjoMadiba: 11:07pm On Jan 25, 2017
horllamy:

Maybe one of the keyboard is pressing down
i don't think so sir, cos am not touching the keys
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 5:13am On Jan 26, 2017
OjoMadiba:

i don't think so sir, cos am not touching the keys
Doesn't mean, u may touch or not touch the keyboard before it malfunction...or should give it to nearby engineer is a minor thing, if u ar living within Lagos u can contact me 08139462401. I can help u to fix it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by midps007(m): 9:15am On Jan 26, 2017
Hello, I get this greenish colouration on my desktop monitor screen, the colours are not displaying perfectly, I have adjusted the VGA cable several times, Please what else can I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sanni45(m): 1:24pm On Jan 26, 2017
midps007:
Hello, I get this greenish colouration on my desktop monitor screen, the colours are not displaying perfectly, I have adjusted the VGA cable several times, Please what else can I do?
Could be a problem with monitor setting,try changing d setting to default or adjusting d setting.Or worst case scenario fault monitor.Hope u have checked with another cable?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by IBpaul(m): 11:00pm On Jan 26, 2017
Having issues with my HP laptop battery, v changed it before still old story after 3weeks.
need answer pls ooo
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by friday24(m): 1:24am On Jan 27, 2017
horllamy:

Is't DDR3 or DDR2
DDR2
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 6:20am On Jan 27, 2017
IBpaul:
Having issues with my HP laptop battery, v changed it before still old story after 3weeks.
need answer pls ooo
what is wrong with the battery?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 2:15pm On Jan 27, 2017
Is there a way I can stop the chkdsk disk am running on Windows 10
Its taking quite some time after 36 hours it's still at 11%
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4lorunsho(m): 4:17pm On Jan 27, 2017
please who wants to sell RAM like 3-4gb for Samsung laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4lorunsho(m): 4:20pm On Jan 27, 2017
Clemmzy:

My laptop system with 3GB RAM, win8 OS, 250GB HD size and an intel celeron dual core processor after series of usage in the past just developed a problem of not loading any application; when i initiate any software to be installed, it just disappears to the background without any reply or even message; so i also troubleshooted it by downgrading it to windows 7 os maybe it was a malware that got stock into it but all these to no avail... Pls right now am confused cuz i need to install softwares for many things i intend doing, so pls someone should help me in earnest thanks..
do u have antivirus there and is it updated.reply

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4lorunsho(m): 4:21pm On Jan 27, 2017
Clemmzy:

do u have antivirus there and is it updated.reply
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Paulpaulpaul(m): 5:19pm On Jan 27, 2017
Hello, people, good works you guys are doing here. I need your help, my HP mini laptop keys stopped working all of a sudden, please, what do I do to correct it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 5:28pm On Jan 27, 2017
Paulpaulpaul:
Hello, people, good works you guys are doing here. I need your help, my HP mini laptop keys stopped working all of a sudden, please, what do I do to correct it?

do you mean all the key is not working or some of it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 27, 2017
Good evening. Please i need to get a way to use whatsapp on my pc.
note: i've tried bluestacks and it keeps freezing and i don't have a smartphone,
thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Paulpaulpaul(m): 6:12pm On Jan 27, 2017
horllamy:

do you mean all the key is not working or some of it

Most of them actually, on the
QWERTYUIOP
roll, it's only T that's working and left arrow was the only key that was not working when I bought it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3KINGZ18: 7:51pm On Jan 27, 2017
Gbadegesin19:
Good evening. Please i need to get a way to use whatsapp on my pc.
note: i've tried bluestacks and it keeps freezing and i don't have a smartphone,
thanks.
upgrade your RAM

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by IBpaul(m): 8:51pm On Jan 27, 2017
sotall:
what is wrong with the battery?
can't explain but seems the new one bought has spoiled too.
Need original one that can serve me 4 hours without light

(1) (2) (3) ... (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.