Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (812) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1260788 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 6:57pm On Apr 25, 2017
emydexter:

I don't think its an is issue tho. Cos I have dual boot partitions of win8 and server 2012. None is booting.
Its not about what you think! Until you run another OS on that system or test another HDD with a working OS , that issue to me is an operating system error.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DBright123(m): 9:23pm On Apr 25, 2017
Good evening great minds, please how can I connect two systems together using wireless and transfer files? Have been trying it out but not working?

Gurus in the house please your assistance is needed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 10:55am On Apr 26, 2017
sotall:
Its not about what you think! Until you run another OS on that system or test another HDD with a working OS , that issue to me is an operating system error.

I know say you go feel say I dey tackle you. But isn't your diagnosis also about what you think? U say it's an OS issue he says it isn't. Both of you are somewhat right. I think HDD is corrupt which in turn means his OS is corrupt. My advice? Install Windows on a functional USB pen drive (u call them Flash Drives) and see if u can boot from it. Or better still try it with a Linux distro as Windows may be a bit complicated
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sutst: 11:01am On Apr 26, 2017
pls wat is d solution wen ur system restart after shouting down
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Luvlydevin(m): 9:51pm On Apr 26, 2017
DBright123:
Good evening great minds, please how can I connect two systems together using wireless and transfer files? Have been trying it out but not working?

Gurus in the house please your assistance is needed.
you will have to network both system with a lan cable so they can see and transfer data easily, if you are in Benin city you can pm me for more assistance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wahles(m): 9:40am On Apr 27, 2017
My acer aspire e1-510 wit 500gg HDD, 4GG ram, 2years old wit receipt jst wwent off and would not come on again.. nt willing to repair, any1 interested in buying like dah should msg me on whatsapp for detailed transaction. Must b willing to trade in person and in open. Location Abeokuta/ibadan

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by frankstanley(m): 8:27pm On Apr 27, 2017
Please help my system that has refused to show on the screen just showed now but it still refused to boot instead its displayed "non-system disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready....please help

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 9:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
frankstanley:
Please help my system that has refused to show on the screen just showed now but it still refused to boot instead its displayed "non-system disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready....please help

Do u have a flash drive, memory card or CD in the system? If yes remove any or all of them and reboot
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by frankstanley(m): 10:52pm On Apr 27, 2017
airsaylongcon:

Do u have a flash drive, memory card or CD in the system? If yes remove any or all of them and reboot
I don't have any of them on the system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 1:18am On Apr 28, 2017
frankstanley:

I don't have any of them on the system

My brother, your village witches are use your lappy to do yahoo Yahoo grin

On a serious note though, the error displayed suggests your are trying to boot from an external storage medium. Or your HDD is corrupt. You might need to recover your crucial files and reinstall Windows

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by frankstanley(m): 6:24am On Apr 28, 2017
airsaylongcon:

My brother, your village witches are use your lappy to do yahoo Yahoo grin

On a serious note though, the error displayed suggests your are trying to boot from an external storage medium. Or your HDD is corrupt. You might need to recover your crucial files and reinstall Windows

Please how do I do that
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CurrentSamuel(m): 12:04am On Apr 29, 2017
skydancer:
Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck

Mac users, go here: https://www.nairaland.com/830548/post-imac-macbook-macbook-pro
Ubuntu Linux users: https://www.nairaland.com/11508/ubuntu-linux

Please somebody need to help me .my Toshiba satellite pro is not displaying anything on the screen ...it would on but won't show anything on the screen.. And recently it would on without displaying nd sometimes it would refuse to on
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 7:07am On Apr 29, 2017
CurrentSamuel:

Please somebody need to help me .my Toshiba satellite pro is not displaying anything on the screen ...it would on but won't show anything on the screen.. And recently it would on without displaying nd sometimes it would refuse to on
Is your laptop AMD or Intel? what is the model number?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kenth3433(m): 2:59pm On Apr 29, 2017
Skydancer
Every since I upgraded my windows from win 7 to win 10 I have been experiencing this plugged in not charging issue and it has been gotten worse overtime... Can you tell me what the cause is and how I could fix it?
Its a Dell LATTITUDE E5530
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CurrentSamuel(m): 4:09pm On Apr 29, 2017
sotall:
Is your laptop AMD or Intel? what is the model number?

the model number is PSL2YE-00R06EN
I think it should AMP ..bkos me I don't even know anything about laptops
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 4:39pm On Apr 29, 2017
Kenth3433:
Skydancer
Every since I upgraded my windows from win 7 to win 10 I have been experiencing this plugged in not charging issue and it has been gotten worse overtime... Can you tell me what the cause is and how I could fix it?
Its a Dell LATTITUDE E5530
You need to find the right drivers for your laptop and install. In particular, the one causing your problem is the BIOS Driver. But you need to ensure every other thing is installed properly as well since you just upgraded your OS.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 4:44pm On Apr 29, 2017
CurrentSamuel:

You're not really making it clear how one can help. You need to take it to someone who can see it physically and diagnose/fix it. Else, upload some pictures here.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 5:08pm On Apr 29, 2017
CurrentSamuel:

the model number is PSL2YE-00R06EN
I think it should AMP ..bkos me I don't even know anything about laptops
if your laptop is AMD and it is having display issue, about 70% of the time , the VGA is responsible for the problem.
Try this: when you switch it on, press the cap lock button and see if it will respond to your pressing it.

lemme know your observation
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CurrentSamuel(m): 5:14pm On Apr 29, 2017
sotall:
if your laptop is AMD and it is having display issue, about 70% of the time , the VGA is responsible for the problem.
Try this: when you switch it on, press the cap lock button and see if it will respond to your pressing it.

lemme know your observation

OK thanks I will do that whn they bring light
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kenth3433(m): 6:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
skydancer:

You need to find the right drivers for your laptop and install. In particular, the one causing your problem is the BIOS Driver. But you need to ensure every other thing is installed properly as well since you just upgraded your OS.
I have upgraded all drivers online and it still says my drivers are up to date I even used a driver solution pack 17 still it persists
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by glowbold(m): 5:08pm On Apr 30, 2017
My Toshiba l300d once plugged in the charging indicator keeps blinking and won't stabilize
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by uzoexcel(m): 7:32pm On Apr 30, 2017
frankstanley:
Remove the usb flash drive or external hard disk connecting to it and restart
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DBright123(m): 8:36pm On Apr 30, 2017
Luvlydevin:
you will have to network both system with a lan cable so they can see and transfer data easily, if you are in Benin city you can pm me for more assistance

thanks for your reply, can't it be transferred through wireless without LAN cable? I am not in Benin City.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yhemmx(m): 9:32am On May 01, 2017
Hi, pls my dell latitude laptop started showing application error code 0*c000005 wen ever I want to launch a browsing application like chrome,opera... pls help me, I don't know what to do..thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fullz: 2:06pm On May 01, 2017
my win 8.1 is giving me wahala.
mouse has disappeared and touchpad doesn't seem to work, usb ports are no longer working.
what can be wrong?
has anyone had such issues?
how did you fix it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 6:05pm On May 01, 2017
fullz:
my win 8.1 is giving me wahala.
mouse has disappeared and touchpad doesn't seem to work, usb ports are no longer working.
what can be wrong?
has anyone had such issues?
how did you fix it?
Too many problems at the same time. I advise you back up your files and install a new operating system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DarryOsh(m): 8:49pm On May 01, 2017
My Etisalat modem prevents my laptop from shutting down or hibernating

I have a Dell inspirion 3520 laptop. At the time of purchase it had windows 8 installed. Not long after I upgraded to 8.1. I also have an Etisalat USB modem which I use with the laptop. The problem is that whenever I use the modem on the laptop, it refuses to shut down or hibernate. It doesn't matter if I disconnect the modem and detach it from the system or not. It just won't shut down. When I click shutdown or hibernate the screen goes off , the system attempts to shut down for long time but it hangs and eventually restarts. This restart is not like the normal restart because it takes much longer. In fact I often have to press the power button to to force it to shut down. I use the modem a lot and I don't think it's safe to 'force shut down' at all times.

This problem NEVER happens when I don't use the modem and it ALWAYS happens when I use it.

I also do not face this problem when I use other modems or USB devices.

I have reinstalled to modem several times to no avail. What can I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lahify(m): 10:53pm On May 01, 2017
hello gurus in the house I use a dell 3520, the problem I have is that my battery got spoilt so I decided to replace it with a new one but the system keeps telling me battery not detected and I tried with 5 different batteries still the same outcome. thanks in anticipation of your helpful advice.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 6:04am On May 02, 2017
lahify:
hello gurus in the house I use a dell 3520, the problem I have is that my battery got spoilt so I decided to replace it with a new one but the system keeps telling me battery not detected and I tried with 5 different batteries still the same outcome. thanks in anticipation of your helpful advice.
After trying five batteries and problem persist, I recommend you see a laptop motherboard technician. The motherboard needs to be checked.

(1) (2) (3) ... (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jagan1981cbe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.