Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,405 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (838) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1262136 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by towsyne: 1:02am On Aug 15, 2017
My Compaq Presario laptop is not displaying when I switched it on like it's all blank on the screen(black) but I can hear the fan rolling and the caps lock light is on with the wifi light...so I Google search the problem online Sha and I was told to reset the ram which I did immediately I reset it it displayed the second day again it became blank I reset it but this time it didn't respond so I dumped it after like three weeks i did d same reset and again it displayed the second day again It became blank so my question now is is my ram weak or is it another problem entirely? I got d weak ram idea from a friend o he said my ram is weak Dat I need replacement but I want to hear from d experts B4 proceeding to buying a new ram pls reply asap and thanks in advance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 7:09am On Aug 15, 2017
towsyne:
My Compaq Presario laptop is not displaying when I switched it on like it's all blank on the screen(black) but I can hear the fan rolling and the caps lock light is on with the wifi light...so I Google search the problem online Sha and I was told to reset the ram which I did immediately I reset it it displayed the second day again it became blank I reset it but this time it didn't respond so I dumped it after like three weeks i did d same reset and again it displayed the second day again It became blank so my question now is is my ram weak or is it another problem entirely? I got d weak ram idea from a friend o he said my ram is weak Dat I need replacement but I want to hear from d experts B4 proceeding to buying a new ram pls reply asap and thanks in advance

Pls kindly replace the ram
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 7:11am On Aug 15, 2017
towsyne:
Is your Compaq presario an AMD laptop or Intel laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by towsyne: 11:43am On Aug 15, 2017
horllamy:

Pls kindly replace the ram

Thanks but I have few questions do I just need to buy any ram and fix it into the laptop or are there specific ram for some laptops and also my current ram is 2gig and I want to upgrade it like 3 or 4gig is dis possible or do I need to change somethings in the laptop B4 I can upgrade d ram and lastly how much can I buy a ram I mean d price? Thanks again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by towsyne: 11:43am On Aug 15, 2017
sotall:
Is your Compaq presario an AMD laptop or Intel laptop

Am not really sure boss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by focuso1(m): 1:45pm On Aug 15, 2017
towsyne:

Thanks but I have few questions do I just need to buy any ram and fix it into the laptop or are there specific ram for some laptops and also my current ram is 2gig and I want to upgrade it like 3 or 4gig is dis possible or do I need to change somethings in the laptop B4 I can upgrade d ram and lastly how much can I buy a ram I mean d price? Thanks again
]
What you need is just to take the previous one along to where u wanted to buy it....is possible to upgrade it..... If u have single 2 gig before u will just need to buy another 2gb making 4gig or buy 1gig making 3 gig .......concerning the price it depend the location.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by calculus4life: 3:28pm On Aug 15, 2017
Thanks, but you know that for the other monitor it's not the laptop that will power the screen light it has is own separate power the laptop just send information to it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by calculus4life: 3:30pm On Aug 15, 2017
So today I try to test it with another screen but I noticed for the other screen under its graphics properties for display it has both 40hz and 60hz so the system still works fine on 40hz but when switch to 60hz the screen light on and off but stays after minutes. To all the guru in the house can a laptop select screen to perform well because I'm confused. All this problem started after 3 weeks I changed former screen that came with the system but the laptop still work fine on battery screen light just go off when charger is plugged. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by towsyne: 6:21pm On Aug 15, 2017
focuso1:
.]
What you need is just to take the previous one along to where u wanted to buy it....is possible to upgrade it..... If u have single 2 gig before u will just need to buy another 2gb making 4gig or buy 1gig making 3 gig .......concerning the price it depend the location.

Thanks a lot man really appreciate ur reply I stay in ibadan but d price should not be more than 3k for 2gig abi
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 7:06pm On Aug 15, 2017
towsyne:

Thanks a lot man really appreciate ur reply I stay in ibadan but d price should not be more than 3k for 2gig abi
yes you get it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Healer007: 1:09pm On Aug 16, 2017
Isomerizm:
my Bluetooth went missing. And I've downloaded multiple Bluetooth drives from HP support. They install, but the Bluetooth all remains missing.
Put on the Bluetooth through the notification button
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by amusaaj33(m): 6:53pm On Aug 16, 2017
Please Ops, my hp laptop is not showing wireless internet connection on the icon. It only shows the LAN icon. I tried connecting it on the internet connection bt it is not working. is it possible that the laptop is not compatible with WAN but only LAN?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 9:23pm On Aug 16, 2017
amusaaj33:
Please Ops, my hp laptop is not showing wireless internet connection on the icon. It only shows the LAN icon. I tried connecting it on the internet connection bt it is not working. is it possible that the laptop is not compatible with WAN but only LAN?
Is not possible,there is probability that ur laptop doesn't have wireless card or is not properly connected
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by amusaaj33(m): 10:15pm On Aug 16, 2017
horllamy:
Is not possible,there is probability that ur laptop doesn't have wireless card or is not properly connected
where is the wireless card located? I changed the keyboard just of recent because I bought it fairly used
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hichamaziz: 11:14am On Aug 17, 2017
i can"t install java and php
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by factorial1(m): 12:04pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hello bosses,

A lil brother of mine just got his HP laptop and had been changing his password until Monday when he couldn't sign in again due to incorrect password.
He can't remember the last password he used. We tried solving this using the windows help... But, he used a wrong number in registering, so there's no way we could receive the PIN. The PC came with Windows 10 Pro.

Kindly suggest the possible solution to this.

Best regards
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by WeFacts: 12:23am On Aug 18, 2017
Androidking:

Don't panic that one na moi moi case.

Just drive ur Intel HD graphic or the. Amd and its solved.

Meet the person that install d operating system for u And tell him to give u driver for the Amd or Intel graphics. Immediately its done. D brightness keys will be working. Ur screen colour will mature and u are good to go

U can download this AMD graphics driver and try

http://dl-ca2.driverscape.com/files/share/d87e96be5fb1c8a469477d556edf5205.zip?access_key=ApdDO1UXHbczeWBG-teRsZHOjBX5FIawyjMZqeeRC9WjCRWNlQtNPqR9VAOBRs8_-3Lq8K__h5kK2bVedc1F4WBlV_5gQVr14jpZO8evFVoKOxwyjrwlfUQ6Nl_xSoIY

U can go to the page

http://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/hp/laptops-desktops/hp-655-notebook-pc/551
Thanks, but the first link you provided above is not working.

I was wondering if the drivers are available in discs and might be sold in computer shops?

I await your reply.

Thanks!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CashNaira96: 4:37am On Aug 18, 2017
Guys my mini laptop just started misbehaving not too long ago.. I have a strong battery tht lasts up to 5hours, yesterday evening I tried copying sth from an external hardisk to it and installing avast... then the system just displays blue screen of death and refuses to go away I had to use the power button to switch it off. Then it wouldn't turn on. After I plugged it I noticed that it turned on and was displaying battery not detected, now it runs only on ac it doesn't detect the battery. What could be the cause please and how do I fix it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dvalllis: 9:14pm On Aug 18, 2017
Please help, my computer just refuse to download. I have been trying to download google chrome for the past 2hrs now but it just stop and say 15 minutes remaining. the IE too will not open many websites, even Nairaland is not properly opened.
Kindly let me know how to fix this.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vezycash(m): 8:30pm On Aug 19, 2017
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vezycash(m): 8:41pm On Aug 19, 2017
dvalllis:
Please help, my computer just refuse to download. I have been trying to download google chrome for the past 2hrs now but it just stop and say 15 minutes remaining. the IE too will not open many websites, even Nairaland is not properly opened.
Kindly let me know how to fix this.

Most likely, your internet speed is slow.

An easy way to test your internet connection is through YouTube. If you can't play YouTube videos without buffering (breaking), know that ur internet speed is slow.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phelmzzy(m): 11:09am On Aug 20, 2017
Pls who knows how much It will cost to repair the screen my laptop (lenovo X61s) thinkpad xseries
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vezycash(m): 3:57pm On Aug 20, 2017
phelmzzy:
Pls who knows how much It will cost to repair the screen my laptop (lenovo X61s) thinkpad xseries

20 - 25k
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phelmzzy(m): 7:56pm On Aug 20, 2017
vezycash:

20 - 25k
What I meant the mini laptop oo

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fromnigeria(m): 10:26pm On Aug 21, 2017
Friends, I am in need of a scrapped Hp 6930p Elite book.
I am currently in Delta state.
Please help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by justi4jesu(f): 6:22am On Aug 22, 2017
Bring your PAYONEER FUNDS, Fiverr Withdrawals, BITCOIN with instant funding of Naira etc.

Minimum $100 and above..............................

Contact on my Signature. Tested and Trusted for years... wink wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olamike: 1:47pm On Aug 22, 2017
PLEASE AND PLEASE AND PLEASE ENGINEERS IN THE HOUSE I NEED SOMEONE TO ADVICE ME ON THIS, ARE AMD PROCESSORS NOW OKAY TO BE USED ON A LAPTOP OR I SHOULD STILL STICK TO INTEL ONLY, PLEASE HELP A BROTHER WITH LATEST AND GENUINE ANSWERS WITH PROOFS IF POSSIBLE COS I KNOW AMD OVERHEATS YEARS AGO I DONT KNOW IF ITS STILL THE SAME THING OR IT HAS BEEN IMPROVED
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olamike: 1:55pm On Aug 22, 2017
DOES ANYBODY HAVE THE BOARD OF HP COMPAQ MINI 110C-1111EV, IF YES PLEASE CONTACT ME ON WHATSAPP 08067917321

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adeshizzy: 3:34pm On Aug 22, 2017
Good afternoon Engineers in the house.
I dunno the problem with my laptop,when I switch it on,its always blank but the systemfan is rolling,LED and all are working. Any idea what the problem is!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 9:03pm On Aug 22, 2017
Adeshizzy:
Good afternoon Engineers in the house.
I dunno the problem with my laptop,when I switch it on,its always blank but the systemfan is rolling,LED and all are working. Any idea what the problem is!!!
What is the model

(1) (2) (3) ... (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.