Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (839) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1260109 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (836) (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by webngnews: 9:05am On Aug 23, 2017
Ok
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adeshizzy: 5:01am On Aug 24, 2017
horllamy:
What is the model
HP probook
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by antunbel20: 12:19pm On Aug 24, 2017
good day, pls am having problems with the java runtime in my system.........i kept uninstalling and installing the java runtime in my system because after installation it opens the java platform am using for business but when i closes, the platform wont open again until i uninstall the java runtime and reinstall before it opens. pls, am tired of going tru dis process weneva i want to work on that platform. pls, do u have any idea wats going on.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ayomideen(m): 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2017
my laptop was recently repaired and during repairs it was formatted,the repairer installed Windows 7 ultimate buh it was running on Windows 7 Home basic previously

now after the format,it shows dah the RAM installed is 1.00GB whereas it used to display 2.00GB before the format

and also it was formerly a 64-bit laptop but now it's displaying that it's a 32-bit one

I'm baffled cos I don't think the new windows version should affect those stuffs

any solution please?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vezycash(m): 3:52pm On Aug 24, 2017
Ayomideen:
my laptop was recently repaired and during repairs it was formatted,the repairer installed Windows 7 ultimate buh it was running on Windows 7 Home basic previously

now after the format,it shows dah the RAM installed is 1.00GB whereas it used to display 2.00GB before the format

and also it was formerly a 64-bit laptop but now it's displaying that it's a 32-bit one

I'm baffled cos I don't think the new windows version should affect those stuffs

any solution please?

As for the disappearing RAM - your engineer has probably thief your ram.

As for the 32/64 bit issue, the engineer installed 32 bit windows. Unless u have a special reason for using 64-bit windows, it's no big deal.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vezycash(m): 3:55pm On Aug 24, 2017
antunbel20:
good day, pls am having problems with the java runtime in my system.........i kept uninstalling and installing the java runtime in my system because after installation it opens the java platform am using for business but when i closes, the platform wont open again until i uninstall the java runtime and reinstall before it opens. pls, am tired of going tru dis process weneva i want to work on that platform. pls, do u have any idea wats going on.

Reinstall ur operating system (if you can.) It should fix this issue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ayomideen(m): 7:11pm On Aug 24, 2017
vezycash:

As for the disappearing RAM - your engineer has probably thief your ram.

As for the 32/64 bit issue, the engineer installed 32 bit windows. Unless u have a special reason for using 64-bit windows, it's no big deal.

oh wow,I'll have to go meet him to know whatsup with d RAM

no special reason as regards the 64-bit,was just curious

thanks alot for your detailed response, I really appreciate it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vezycash(m): 10:04am On Aug 25, 2017
Another possibility is that it was placed well. I'm not a hardware engineer - but if I remember correctly, it's not supposed to boot if the ram isn't placed well. Again, I'm not a hardware expert.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mathkid007: 3:37pm On Aug 25, 2017
Hi guys, is there any way I can install Intel HD Graphics on my laptop that has integrated graphics
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vezycash(m): 4:58pm On Aug 25, 2017
Mathkid007:
Hi guys, is there any way I can install Intel HD Graphics on my laptop that has integrated graphics

Your question is not clear.

1. Do you want to install Intel HD Graphics driver?

2. Do you want to install a new graphics card? This is not possible.

If it's the driver, yes you can install Intel Graphics driver if you can find the right one.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mrukk: 7:34pm On Aug 25, 2017
Pls how much are they selling motherboard of Lenovo mini laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 8:01pm On Aug 25, 2017
Mrukk:
Pls how much are they selling motherboard of Lenovo mini laptop.
What's the model number
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mrukk: 8:46pm On Aug 25, 2017
horllamy:
What's the model number
E10-30
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by holatunde1759(m): 1:24am On Aug 26, 2017
Please I can't rename a folder.
I use HP320 G2
OS is Windows 10
what is the solution to it?
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mathkid007: 7:34am On Aug 26, 2017
vezycash:

Your question is not clear.

1. Do you want to install Intel HD Graphics driver?

2. Do you want to install a new graphics card? This is not possible.

If it's the driver, yes you can install Intel Graphics driver if you can find the right one.
Yes, I want to install Intel HD Graphics driver. How do I find the right one?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mcvities(m): 9:28am On Aug 26, 2017
Good day all,
Where can I get Asus Laptop X553M keypad and touchpad. How much is both?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vezycash(m): 8:34pm On Aug 26, 2017
Mathkid007:
Yes, I want to install Intel HD Graphics driver. How do I find the right one?

It's a little tricky. Just google your laptop model e.g. HP Envy m6 Intel HD graphics.

Note, you might have to waste some MB till you find the right one.

Another option is to a software like driver magic. It show you a list of all the drivers you're missing. And will save you the stress of searching the entire internet for the driver.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vezycash(m): 8:39pm On Aug 26, 2017
holatunde1759:
Please I can't rename a folder.
I use HP320 G2
OS is Windows 10
what is the solution to it?
Thanks

Your question is somewhat vague.

Is the problem affecting:

1. Every folder?

2. A particular folder?

If it's every folder, an OS reinstall or a full format will solve the issue.

If it's a particular folder, there are many reasons this could happen.

Restarting your PC and try again.

Post a snapshot of the error message you are getting. If this still doesn't work to will help narrow down the cause.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mrukk: 6:21am On Aug 27, 2017
Pls what is d price of Lenovo E10-30 motherboard.Its urgent pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tennyson10: 11:47am On Aug 28, 2017
Hello, how much does a single hinge of HP 250 cost?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 1:09pm On Aug 28, 2017
tennyson10:
Hello, how much does a single hinge of HP 250 cost?

Call or whatsapp 08139462401.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Move2(m): 6:34pm On Aug 28, 2017
hi.I have an Asus medium laptop, celeron processor.bought it brand new. 3 months ago,water poured on the keyboard. the engineer said we had to change the battery which we did.just last week,the battery stopped working again. now,it only works but the battery doesn't charge at all.now,he is hinting that we sell it.what do you advise,to sell or repair?and if to repair, what else can we do?thanks in advance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by holatunde1759(m): 8:49pm On Aug 28, 2017
vezycash:

1. Every folder?

2. A particular folder?

Post a snapshot of the error message you are getting. If this still doesn't work to will help narrow down the cause.

It affects all folder, both new and existing folder. This is not the first time I will be experiencing this. I had to format and reload the OS. Now it has started again. I think its a registry key issue or something.
Thanks though.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mrukk: 9:08pm On Aug 28, 2017
Pls what is d price of Lenovo E10-30 motherboard.Its urgent pls.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by holatunde1759(m): 9:58pm On Aug 28, 2017
vezycash:

1. Every folder?

2. A particular folder?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vezycash(m): 10:37pm On Aug 28, 2017
Try this -

Create a new User account on laptop. See if you can rename folders there.

If you can, move your files over. If not, lemme know and i'll suggest something else to try.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Twilights(m): 7:43pm On Aug 29, 2017
please what is the price of Hp 15 notebook screen?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:01am On Aug 30, 2017
Twilights:
hit me on WhatsApp or call 08139462401
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by justi4jesu(f): 6:03am On Aug 30, 2017
Twilights:

I can help you order and ship it from US to Lagos. check this link for the screen you want and also check my signature for contact details.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Laptop-Screens-LCD-Panels/31569/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Hp+15+notebook+screen&_sop=15
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MRAKBEE(m): 2:09pm On Aug 30, 2017
My pc clock(time) keep changing every now and then that i have to readjust it whenever i put it on.
How do i solve this problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 3:23pm On Aug 30, 2017
MRAKBEE:
My pc clock(time) keep changing every now and then that i have to readjust it whenever i put it on.
How do i solve this problem?

I think the cmos battery is bad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MRAKBEE(m): 3:30pm On Aug 30, 2017
horllamy:

I think the cmos battery is bad
Its obvious. Thanks anyway

(1) (2) (3) ... (836) (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.