Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,753 members, 7,806,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (852) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1262058 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 6:52am On Oct 12, 2017
Fabfunki:
Pls, my laptop has been unable to boot and shows 3fo error, I hve tried f10 but it isn't working
It keeps showing this
Try this and your laptop should boot.

Switch on the laptop and immediately press F10 to enter configuration of the BIOS.
Navigate to 'Advanced options using arrow keys on your keyboard. In the next menu navigate to 'secure boot configuration.Set it to "clear secure boot".press F10 to save settings and press enter to reboot.when it restarts your laptop will display a code on the screen, enter the code using your keyboard and press enter.

You can also try this:
Switch on the laptop and immediately press F10 to enter biosconfiguration. Navigate to "Advanced options", then to secure boot configuration ". Then select 'enable legacy support '.press F10 and then enter to apply settings and reboot. Just like before your laptop will display a four digit code. Input it and press ' enter'.
Let me know of your results.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Fabfunki(f): 9:06am On Oct 12, 2017
sotall:

Try this and your laptop should boot.

Switch on the laptop and immediately press F10 to enter configuration of the BIOS.
Navigate to 'Advanced options using arrow keys on your keyboard. In the next menu navigate to 'secure boot configuration.Set it to "clear secure boot".press F10 to save settings and press enter to reboot.when it restarts your laptop will display a code on the screen, enter the code using your keyboard and press enter.

You can also try this:
Switch on the laptop and immediately press F10 to enter biosconfiguration. Navigate to "Advanced options", then to secure boot configuration ". Then select 'enable legacy support '.press F10 and then enter to apply settings and reboot. Just like before your laptop will display a four digit code. Input it and press ' enter'.
Let me know of your results.
it didn't work
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 9:09am On Oct 12, 2017
Fabfunki:

it didn't work
don't say it work. Instead tell me what error you got when trying my solution or which part of the solution you are stuck on.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Fabfunki(f): 9:25am On Oct 12, 2017
sotall:
don't say it work. Instead tell me what error you got when trying my solution or which part of the solution you are stuck on.
OK sorry......wen I was done, it still showed d error page
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:26am On Oct 12, 2017
Fabfunki:
Pls, my laptop has been unable to boot and shows 3fo error, I hve tried f10 but it isn't working
It keeps showing this

I believe it was working fine before, you just encountered this recently.

Let's see if the laptop can see the hdd, switch the system off and on it back, immediately you on it keep pressing f9( since u said u press f10, I believe it is HP laptop)

When u press the f9, it will go into boot menu, now you can see the listed boot options.

Look out for "notebook hdd" or "Internal hdd"

If you can't find any of the above, then the hdd is not connected properly, but if you see the above list boot option, then it's likely your hdd is damage.

I'm making this conclusion base on the fact that I believe your laptop was working properly before you find this error.

Apart from that, you can go into setup by pressing f10 and restore default settings, u might be lucky.

But try the f9 to see if the laptop can see the hdd, then we can know where we are going.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Fabfunki(f): 9:33am On Oct 12, 2017
udemzyudex:

I believe it was working fine before, you just encountered this recently.

Let's see if the laptop can see the hdd, switch the system off and on it back, immediately you on it keep pressing f9( since u said u press f10, I believe it is HP laptop)

When u press the f9, it will go into boot menu, now you can see the listed boot options.

Look out for "notebook hdd" or "Internal hdd"

If you can't find any of the above, then the hdd is not connected properly, but if you see the above list boot option, then it's likely your hdd is damage.

I'm making this conclusion base on the fact that I believe your laptop was working properly before you find this error.

Apart from that, you can go into setup by pressing f10 and restore default settings, u might be lucky.

But try the f9 to see if the laptop can see the hdd, then we can know where we are going.
yes it was working, no issues
when I pressed f9,i didn't see any had option

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:36am On Oct 12, 2017
Fabfunki:

yes it was working, no issues
when I pressed f9,i didn't see any had option
Good, which means it's not seeing the hdd at all.

Now restore default settings, go to setup by pressing f10, then f9 to restore default settings and follow by f10 to save..

Immediately you're done with that, go to setup up again and follow the instructions the other engineer gave u earlier carefully.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Fabfunki(f): 9:49am On Oct 12, 2017
udemzyudex:

Good, which means it's not seeing the hdd at all.

Now restore default settings, go to setup by pressing f10, then f9 to restore default settings and follow by f10 to save..

Immediately you're done with that, go to setup up again and follow the instructions the other engineer gave u earlier carefully.
wow.......still took me back to d error page
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:52am On Oct 12, 2017
Fabfunki:

wow.......still took me back to d error page

After what I wrote, did u follow the instructions the other engineer gave u?

Is the legacy option enabled? If it is enabled did u click f10 to save and also input the 4 digit code and enter button?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Fabfunki(f): 10:01am On Oct 12, 2017
udemzyudex:

After what I wrote, did u follow the instructions the other engineer gave u?

Is the legacy option enabled? If it is enabled did u click f10 to save and also input the 4 digit code and enter button?
Yup, I restored d default setting,then went back to enable legacy, put in d 4digit code them pressed enter....it took a while but still took me back to d error page

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 11:05am On Oct 12, 2017
Fabfunki:

OK sorry......wen I was done, it still showed d error page
OK. You will need to see a technician for further troubleshooting. Your hard drive maybe gone.
If you are in Lagos, whatsapp or call 08164685979.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:20am On Oct 12, 2017
Fabfunki:

Yup, I restored d default setting,then went back to enable legacy, put in d 4digit code them pressed enter....it took a while but still took me back to d error page

Ok.. Your hdd might be damage and sometimes the fault might come from the mobo.

See a technician for further trouble shooting and if you're in lag you can call/WhatsApp 08064724259
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dxpecial(m): 3:55pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hello my pc heard a problem whenever i put on it load after some time it wil shut down automatically and then on again showin blue screen problem it also indicate that i jst instal an application but i notice this after i receive some songs 4rm friend and ever seen then it has been consistent
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 5:38pm On Oct 12, 2017
dxpecial:
Hello my pc heard a problem whenever i put on it load after some time it wil shut down automatically and then on again showin blue screen problem it also indicate that i jst instal an application but i notice this after i receive some songs 4rm friend and ever seen then it has been consistent

Try to boot it through safe mode by pressing f8 continuously after on it, this will help you to install any application or file that you put but if it's same thing u need to reload ur os then.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Fabfunki(f): 6:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
udemzyudex:

Ok.. Your hdd might be damage and sometimes the fault might come from the mobo.

See a technician for further trouble shooting and if you're in lag you can call/WhatsApp 08064724259
I'm in abuja
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:44pm On Oct 12, 2017
Fabfunki:
I'm in abuja
Ok, take it to a laptop engineer closer to you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dannybomb(m): 9:50pm On Oct 12, 2017
I bought a new replacement battery today I inserted it and put my power plug it. it will show charging but the percentage is not adding. right now is at zero percentage someone advice me to drain the battery and charge it again. right now is still at zero percent even though is showing charging. and another problem I observe if i off the laptop and remove my charger the white charger LED light won't go off. Pls guys I need your help. I have tried some solutions I saw on YouTube yet is not working
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:38pm On Oct 12, 2017
dannybomb:
I bought a new replacement battery today I inserted it and put my power plug it. it will show charging but the percentage is not adding. right now is at zero percentage someone advice me to drain the battery and charge it again. right now is still at zero percent even though is showing charging. and another problem I observe if i off the laptop and remove my charger the white charger LED light won't go off. Pls guys I need your help. I have tried some solutions I saw on YouTube yet is not working

Fault is from motherboard, sometimes it might he from the charging port but 95% of the time from motherboard.

Since it is showing charging but doesn't increase.

Do this, remove the ba3, plug in the charger, when the light shows, u then insert the ba3.

Do that and observe it.

If you're in lag call or WhatsApp 08064724259
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dannybomb(m): 7:25am On Oct 13, 2017
udemzyudex:

Fault is from motherboard, sometimes it might he from the charging port but 95% of the time from motherboard.

Since it is showing charging but doesn't increase.

Do this, remove the ba3, plug in the charger, when the light shows, u then insert the ba3.

Do that and observe it.

If you're in lag call or WhatsApp 08064724259
is it safe to do that? And I stay at port Harcourt
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:07am On Oct 13, 2017
dannybomb:

is it safe to do that? And I stay at port Harcourt

Yes, it is save, nothing will happen.. I just want to see if it will charge like that..

Some laptop with this kind of fault, won't charge if ba3 and charger is working the same time, if you put the charger first, then insert the ba3 it might charger.. It's just part of troubleshooting...

So try it and give feedback, better still take it to a laptop engineer closer to you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dannybomb(m): 9:30am On Oct 13, 2017
udemzyudex:

Yes, it is save, nothing will happen.. I just want to see if it will charge like that..

Some laptop with this kind of fault, won't charge if ba3 and charger is working the same time, if you put the charger first, then insert the ba3 it might charger.. It's just part of troubleshooting...

So try it and give feedback, better still take it to a laptop engineer closer to you.
is not working
still at 0% the charging symbol goes up and down after like 20 seconds it stops
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:33am On Oct 13, 2017
dannybomb:

is not working

Your best option is to take it to a laptop engineer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dannybomb(m): 9:34am On Oct 13, 2017
dannybomb:

is not working
if you look at the charging bar. is at the lowest level, but if you plug the charger the charging bar will be going up. after like 10 seconds it will stop going up

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:42am On Oct 13, 2017
dannybomb:

if you look at the charging bar. is at the lowest level, but if you plug the charger the charging bar will be going up. after like 10 seconds it will stop going up

That's how it suppose to be, the problem is from the motherboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dannybomb(m): 9:47am On Oct 13, 2017
udemzyudex:

That's how it suppose to be, the problem is from the motherboard.
OK thank you
what about the LED charging light not, going off even when I shut down the laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:53am On Oct 13, 2017
dannybomb:

OK thank you
what about the LED charging light not, going off even when I shut down the laptop
That's why I said you should take it to a laptop engineer, the fault is from the motherboard, the system was draining the ba3 without increasing it, that's why the light was still on.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 8:05pm On Oct 13, 2017
Fabfunki:
I'm in abuja
take it to banex Plaza sha. ur HDD is not showing /ur pc can't see it. it's either ur HDD is gone. or ur HDD connector is faulty.
try the HDD on another pc.and see if it's gonna boot up there.
if it does. ur HDD connector is faulty.. if it doesn't boot up ur HDD is gone.
I Reside in Kubwa tho.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kayzat: 7:05am On Oct 14, 2017
I just got a London used dell and tried to connect it with an external monitor because I want to be using it in a betting shop but none of the monitor display when I connect them to the laptop whereas they all work fine with the other laptops in the shop.

And the sleep and hibernate features are not enabled through the start button on the laptop and I want it enabled.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:45am On Oct 14, 2017
kayzat:
I just got a London used dell and tried to connect it with an external monitor because I want to be using it in a betting shop but none of the monitor display when I connect them to the laptop whereas they all work fine with the other laptops in the shop.

And the sleep and hibernate features are not enabled through the start button on the laptop and I want it enabled.

You need to drive the VGA(display adapter on device manager)

Those features won't work if it is not yet driven.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by enet1(m): 7:08am On Oct 15, 2017
Good morning to all gurus in the house,I just got a mint a UK used hp elitebook 8460p, HDD :320gb, RAM :4gb 2 days ago. I tried installing Microsoft.net framework 4.0 and 4.5.1 set-ups on the system,all to no avail.An error will pop up, saying .NET framework 4 and 4.5.1 have not been installed because :HRESULT 0×c8000222 and then another message will say a problem caused the program to stop working correctly.Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. PLS WHAT SHOULD I DO AS I URGENTLY NEED TO DOWNLOAD THIS 2 .NET FRAMEWORKS?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:02am On Oct 15, 2017
enet1:
Good morning to all gurus in the house,I just got a mint a UK used hp elitebook 8460p, HDD :320gb, RAM :4gb 2 days ago. I tried installing Microsoft.net framework 4.0 and 4.5.1 set-ups on the system,all to no avail.An error will pop up, saying .NET framework 4 and 4.5.1 have not been installed because :HRESULT 0×c8000222 and then another message will say a problem caused the program to stop working correctly.Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. PLS WHAT SHOULD I DO AS I URGENTLY NEED TO DOWNLOAD THIS 2 .NET FRAMEWORKS?

Install a lower version

(1) (2) (3) ... (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.