Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,347 members, 7,780,931 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:45 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (918) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1249854 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (915) (916) (917) (918) (919) (920) (921) ... (1221) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:53pm On Jun 20, 2018
dcolumbus001:
Please I need help...
I bought a mouse for my laptop but it's functioning opposite..
As in left click working as right click and vice versa... what could be the problem.. my laptop?

Try another mouse.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 3:32pm On Jun 20, 2018
udemzyudex:

VGA problem, did you update the display adapter driver? If yes uninstall it if no then fault from motherboard, reballing the VGA chip can bring it back to life.

True.

Although I once had a system with this exact issue, Elitebook 8460p, guess what we did?

We updated the BIOS!! grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 3:46pm On Jun 20, 2018
wisenewgem:
Please someone should recommend a good laptop for me. My budget is 150k.
Availability of batteries and battery strength should be considered too..

Thanks

Hi....

I have a Dell Latitude E3440, Core i3 with 9 hrs battery.

I am guaranteeing the 9hrs. Because from the report I got from 2 buyers, one of them said he used the laptop over night from 8pm to 6am without charging!!

Call or WhatsApp on 08128714767

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 4:25pm On Jun 20, 2018
wisenewgem:

Academics and freelancing

How good is
HP Pavilion X360 Intel Pentium Quad Core, 11.6-inch ( 4GB RAM 500GB HDD,Windows 10+32GB FLASH

Hello

Check the list of below

1. Word processing (Microsoft Word and other office packages)

2. Basic photo editing (corel draw, photoshop, fireworks,) you can't do much with video editing except you want to run light Softwares that perform simple tasks like cut and paste.

3.. Surfing the Internet ( run more than 2 browsers, open multiple tabs)

4. Watching movies. (depending on the type of player - I prefer VLC- you can play virtually any format without any lag)

5. Being a Quad Core, you can run multiple Softwares (that meet minimum spec) decently

6. Basic games run really smooth. Logic games like ultra HD chess and scrabble will run with a very great level of visuals. Same with PES 17 or PES 16 or lower. Other less demanding action games can equally be squeezed in grin

7.Battery shouldn't be an issue. If you're getting brand new, 4 hours battery life is guaranteed. However the guarantee falls to 2 hours with a UK used.

8. 11.6 inch is really, I mean really portable. So if movement is your thing, then that size is perfect. Yes, perfect.

I think it's only fair that I mention to you what the laptop cannot do.

So I'm repeating 1 to 8 again but with the other side of the coin. So, look at No. 1 to 8 then see the corresponding other side... here we go

1. While it's a office processing junkie and can run even advanced accounting software, it will not run advanced Softwares like Matlab that span over 11GB to 25GB of program size.

2. Thank God I said "basic", because anything higher or advanced will cripple the performance.

3. No questions on this one... It's a perfect tool for this.

4. Again, no questions... A perfect tool.

5. Ok, soo there's a limit to quad cores too. While you can open 2 to 4 programmes at a time, try a fifth or 6th, then you would have pushed it beyond its limit.

6. Aside those basic gaming stuff, anything needing a dedicated video memory will not even run.

7. No, nothing like 5hrs or 6hrs except if all you do is stare at the laptop all day grin I hope you understand.

8. 11.6 inch...hope you are aware of this size, it fits virtually any medium bag... So it's a highly portable device. So, no big screen.

*cheers*

I have 2 copies you can choose from, now that you know better about what you are buying.
>>> Call or whatsapp on 08128714767 <<<
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dcolumbus001: 4:27pm On Jun 20, 2018
udemzyudex:

Try another mouse.
thanks the problem has been solved...it was the settings from my laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:34pm On Jun 20, 2018
Razak5:

True.

Although I once had a system with this exact issue, Elitebook 8460p, guess what we did?

We updated the BIOS!! grin

Cool, he can try that too.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lazboy: 9:59pm On Jun 20, 2018
shyshally:

OK. � thank you very much
Hi can you help please? My laptop won't turn on even when I put in charger still won't turn on...Laptop name is lenovo idea pad flex 10
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:19am On Jun 21, 2018
Lazboy:
Hi can you help please? My laptop won't turn on even when I put in charger still won't turn on...Laptop name is lenovo idea pad flex 10
Take it to good engineer for diagnosis.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by davida222(m): 6:21am On Jun 21, 2018
Please help some of my programs on my HP laptop is displaying Microsoft word icon. Even when I click on google chrome it automatically opens Microsoft word. Anything I click Microsoft word will open. Help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 6:56am On Jun 21, 2018
davida222:
Please help some of my programs on my HP laptop is displaying Microsoft word icon. Even when I click on google chrome it automatically opens Microsoft word. Anything I click Microsoft word will open. Help.

Hello...

Hmmm... Dis one is strong grin

Here are options you can explore

*Run a full virus scan on your PC - Let's be sure they're not the one (virus-trojan)

* Your default program settings might also be a culprit. There was a time I was trying to set VLC as my default media app, we'll I didn't make my selections correctly, I highlighted a lot of stuff (web page, docs, notes, etc). So each time I click on a page I downloaded, VLC opens. Or when I open word doc, VLC opens!!! Funke!!! grin

* If all else fails, you'll backup your files then re-install your operating system.

BTW, when the Microsoft Word opens, does the program you clicked also open?

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lordtim001(m): 9:24am On Jun 21, 2018
dcolumbus001:
Please I need help...
As in left click working as right click and vice versa... what could be the problem.. my laptop?
If you are using windows 10, just search mouse settings and tick/untick the box that says switch primary/secondary buttons
You can also select the additional option settings and configure it more. If it's an external USB mouse, you can search for the name by unplugging and plugging it in back in device manager(note the device under Human interface devices or mice and pointing devices). Then use the same instructions above to navigate to the hardware tab under additional mouse settings and select your mouse and configure

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lordtim001(m): 9:27am On Jun 21, 2018
I need the following
4GB * 2 DDR2 RAM sticks
Intel Core 2 duo T9600/9800 processor
HP dv4 battery

Any certified seller here and how much would all cost? Within Lagos though.....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dcolumbus001: 9:45am On Jun 21, 2018
lordtim001:

If you are using windows 10, just search mouse settings and tick/untick the box that says switch primary/secondary buttons
You can also select the additional option settings and configure it more. If it's an external USB mouse, you can search for the name by unplugging and plugging it in back in device manager(note the device under Human interface devices or mice and pointing devices). Then use the same instructions above to navigate to the hardware tab under additional mouse settings and select your mouse and configure
thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:57am On Jun 21, 2018
lordtim001:
I need the following
4GB * 2 DDR2 RAM sticks
Intel Core 2 duo T9600/9800 processor
HP dv4 battery

Any certified seller here and how much would all cost? Within Lagos though.....

Hmmm... Some crazy upgrade is about to happen grin grin

No. 1 is not common - l don't have it. cry had 2 pieces back in the day, would have swapped them for today.

No. 2 is a 2.9GHz speed- budget 5k

No.3 is 6,5k (guaranty is 1hr 50 mins)

Call /WhatsApp on 08128714767

*cheers *
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lordtim001(m): 12:02pm On Jun 21, 2018
Razak5:

Hmmm... Some crazy upgrade is about to happen grin grin

No. 1 is not common - l don't have it. cry had 2 pieces back in the day, would have swapped them for today.

No. 2 is a 2.9GHz speed- budget 5k

No.3 is 6,5k (guaranty is 1hr 50 mins)

Call /WhatsApp on 08128714767

*cheers *

Yeah bro. Real crazy upgrade grin
My dream laptop is over a thousand dollars. I can tweak my current system and get up to 18 months extra out of it before it gets slow again
Thanks for the reply
It was 2GB RAM before. I upgraded to 4GB 4 months ago now I need 8GB. When I was upgrading, I had 8GB(4GB *2) in mind but the guy told me the same thing that it isn't common. I found some from Alibaba for 7-10 dollars per stick but shipping is the problem. I'll check Jumia sha

But that battery though... 1hr 50 minutes is kinda low. I don't have light issues for now. And my current battery lasts 30 minutes to 45 minutes. But I'm relocating to a place where electricity is not very good so I need a good backup. Like 3 hours at least
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lordtim001(m): 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2018
dcolumbus001:
thanks
Did it work?

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dcolumbus001: 12:11pm On Jun 21, 2018
lordtim001:

Did it work?
sure it did
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 2:43pm On Jun 21, 2018
lordtim001:

Yeah bro. Real crazy upgrade grin
My dream laptop is over a thousand dollars. I can tweak my current system and get up to 18 months extra out of it before it gets slow again
Thanks for the reply
It was 2GB RAM before. I upgraded to 4GB 4 months ago now I need 8GB. When I was upgrading, I had 8GB(4GB *2) in mind but the guy told me the same thing that it isn't common. I found some from Alibaba for 7-10 dollars per stick but shipping is the problem. I'll check Jumia sha

But that battery though... 1hr 50 minutes is kinda low. I don't have light issues for now. And my current battery lasts 30 minutes to 45 minutes. But I'm relocating to a place where electricity is not very good so I need a good backup. Like 3 hours at least

Regarding the battery, 1hr50min is what replacement batteries will give. But, batteries from the manufacturer give at least 3hrs to 4hrs.

While the former costs about NGN5,500 to NGN6,500, The latter costs almost twice the amount- NGN13,500.

As for the upgrade, hope you've researched on the compatibility - y'know, maximum RAM, etc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Olayinkaji(m): 3:10pm On Jun 21, 2018
dcolumbus001:
Please I need help...
Check mouse settings. When you open it, it should show you external devices connected to it. I can't give you full explanation, cause my system is faulty. It should be in the settings of your pc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lordtim001(m): 4:55pm On Jun 21, 2018
Razak5:

Regarding the battery, 1hr50min is what replacement batteries will give. But, batteries from the manufacturer give at least 3hrs to 4hrs.

While the former costs about NGN5,500 to NGN6,500, The latter costs almost twice the amount- NGN13,500.

As for the upgrade, hope you've researched on the compatibility - y'know, maximum RAM, etc
Thanks man
Do you also have the mouse trackpad for the same dv4? I have been using USB mouse all this while
And yes, I read the guide on insidemylaptop.com and they said that it can handle up to 8GB RAM(4GB * 2)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 4:56pm On Jun 21, 2018
lordtim001:

Thanks man
Do you also have the mouse trackpad for the same dv4? I have been using USB mouse all this while

Yea. I do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lordtim001(m): 4:58pm On Jun 21, 2018
Razak5:

Yea. I do
How much does it cost?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Uc7mille7: 4:59pm On Jun 21, 2018
my Samsung laptop is only power with Light if I insert battery it will
won't power if plug with charger it write battery charging and battery percentage dosent increase
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lordtim001(m): 5:11pm On Jun 21, 2018
Uc7mille7:
won't power if plug with charger it write battery charging and battery percentage dosent increase
Are you sure it writes battery charging? Move your mouse pointer to the icon to be sure. Don't be deceived by the charger icon on the battery. It may be saying: "Charger plugged in, but not charging"
If that is the case, change your charger

But if you have confirmed that it writes "battery charging" or in some new models "battery not detected", change your battery. The cells are dead
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:53pm On Jun 21, 2018
lordtim001:

How much does it cost?
NGN5000
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2018
Uc7mille7:

Hi.

So let's break this down

* Laptop doesn't power on battery

* Laptop powers only when you plug in the charger

* Laptop indicates "plugged in, charging" when you move the mouse to the battery icon.

Try with another battery. Preferably a new battery or a known working battery and a known working charger

Observe battery icon carefully (by moving the mouse over the battery icon) for the following;

*plugged in, charging = battery was bad, charger is ok.

*plugged in, not charging = try another battery; if same, try another charger. Well if it's still same thing, then the charger is bad.

*plugged in charging (you observe it's not increasing) =
So battery is ok, charger is ok then it's from the board.
Don't forget that we were using working battery and charger for this whole process.

Hope this helps.

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by davida222(m): 10:34pm On Jun 21, 2018
Razak5:

Hello...

Hmmm... Dis one is strong grin

Here are options you can explore

*Run a full virus scan on your PC - Let's be sure they're not the one (virus-trojan)

* Your default program settings might also be a culprit. There was a time I was trying to set VLC as my default media app, we'll I didn't make my selections correctly, I highlighted a lot of stuff (web page, docs, notes, etc). So each time I click on a page I downloaded, VLC opens. Or when I open word doc, VLC opens!!! Funke!!! grin

* If all else fails, you'll backup your files then re-install your operating system.

BTW, when the Microsoft Word opens, does the program you clicked also open?

*cheers*
nope if I open any program at all let say. Am trying to open my google chrome instead of it to open it will open Microsoft word.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:56pm On Jun 21, 2018
Uc7mille7:

Take your laptop to where you want to get the battery, and test it there.

Make sure it is "Plugin charging" and increasing in percentage before you pay.

If after testing and it still doesn't increase then fault is from motherboard.

Sometimes it will write "plugin charging" and won't still increase the percentage and also "plugin not charging" so you need to confirm before you pay.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by engrrichie92(m): 10:04am On Jun 23, 2018
Hello house, please help

I just got a new hp laptop...was tryna play around and trying to cheat Microsoft by downloading a cracked version of office online....
Only to find out I just downloaded a virus

Now one stupid link won't stop popping up...
Other third party applications are being installed by themselves (i didnt ask for follow come apps o�) but cant find them in the control panel to uninstall...
So I tried deleting the applications from the program files and it deleted but that link won't stop popping up

I'm scared of doing a system restore for fear of disrupting my driver settings...that might be my last resort anyways

Running a scan on my Windows defender right now ..
But while at it...
1.any alternative ways to deal with this
2.please recommend the best antivirus to use and how to get it
3.please help me solve the origin of this wahala...which is genuine link to office suite 2016 cradoes version (

Please help me biko
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Joeysage(m): 10:08am On Jun 23, 2018
Hello gurus in the house, my laptop runs windows 10 creators update and and i got a modem for my system(never used a modem on it b4). When i try to connect it shows 'can't connect because port is busy'. Please how can I fix this.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by austinofex(m): 4:20pm On Jun 23, 2018
I have London used, Apple laptop, macbook pro for sale, with 4Gb and 500gb, that come along with original charger,
no/whatsapp: 08139169686.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Omooba224: 6:23pm On Jun 24, 2018
Been experiencing Windows 10 Start menu problem, I have been to several sites all to no avail. Would be glad if someone can help me out. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (915) (916) (917) (918) (919) (920) (921) ... (1221) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.