Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? (44102 Views)

Random Act Of Kindness That I Will Ever Cherish / Inspired Daily | Power Of Acts Of Kindness / Haven't Seen This Sort Of Kindness...ever! Soul-satisfying Indeed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by victorazy(m): 8:21pm On Mar 26, 2016
Dharniel:
I have no intention of boring you with no epistle neither am I seeking attention. I just want to view people's different opinions on a decision I took a few days ago.
There's a colleague in my place of work who is a pastor (not full time). he uses a small Nokia phone while I use an infinix hot 2 together with a small itel. The colleague came to me asking if I could exchange my itel with his Nokia phone reason because the itel phone has internet connectivity while the Nokia phone only has torch light. He claims he hasn't been online for a couple of months, in summary he just want to surf the net. I, being so generous and simple thought to myself, I do have a better one I browse with, so I decided to do the exchange. few weeks later, he was ready to return my phone, he told me but I wasn't with his phone so I told him I would bring it the following day.
Fast forward to the next day, I got to the office before him, and on sighting him I remembered I wasn't with his phone, right there I made a U turn without him seeing me, I went back home to get his phone and rushed back to the office. After the first quarter of the day, he came to my office only for him to explain how the phone got stolen the previous day where he went to charge (I blame PHCN for that). Then he asked me, what should we do. I got so dumbfounded and confused, I thought for a while and decided to let go. I gave him his phone and told him to forget about the idea of getting me a new phone, cuz it seems to me like revenge.
on getting home, I explained everything to my mom only for her to shade me and lambast my action. she said I acted so foolishly and made my consciousness sour. now please Nigerians, have I acted in a kind manner like my conscience tells me or foolishly as my mom said?

I'm still not sure if his "pastorial calling" influenced my decision or not.

My brother ur never a foolish person. Just leave everything in God's hand. You've sowed a seed and therafter is gona be great.

For ur mum, I don't think she has the spirit of God in her (am sorry)
Just move on, better things is on ur way. Na so God want it, He wantted you to pay for a goods.
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by jkendy(m): 8:22pm On Mar 26, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:
hmmmmm what if the phone was really stolen?

Pls don't be pushed into judging the Lords elect
"The Lord's elect"?
Even the OP said he's not a 'full time' pastor, so who called him? Or is it missed called U wanted saying

This is why most of you gullible followers always fall prey to trickish fake 'men of God' because you believe any man who could afford a coat nd trouser plus neck tie, automatically becomes "an elect" of God.

2 Likes

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by HaneefahAde(f): 8:23pm On Mar 26, 2016
You did well. Whether he was lying or not, just leave him to God. But the guy isn't really a good person tho, imagine pressurizing someone to bring ur own phone when u av supposedly lost theirs.

Ur mum probably thought that way cos she felt the guy played a fast one on you.
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by ej4sub: 8:23pm On Mar 26, 2016
gbaskiboy:
Same also happened to me, a female friend gave me her phone to use since am not using browsing phone, few days later it was removed from my pocket by pickpocket I was dumbfounded initially on how to explain to the lady on how I lost the phone. I summon courage and explain to her, she told never to worry about the phone and I should forget it. Though was grateful for her act of kindness. But each time I see this lady I felt I as if I played on her intelligence. God bears me witness
Guy clear your mind by appreciating her kindness instead of feeling guilty.
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by baum1: 8:24pm On Mar 26, 2016
Dharniel:

am in my early 20s and yeah I still stay with my parents and I've got a job of my own. I can fend for myself but I'm still under my parents roof, so have you got a problem with that?

Guy, what you've done is great..Continue to imbibe that attitude of forgiveness..But be careful the way you lend out things..I suggest you only lend out things you can afford to lose.

As for your mumsy, she doesn't want you to become an unnecessary father christmas. This is good. Just try to achieve a balance.
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by sirbrw(m): 8:24pm On Mar 26, 2016
Neither you nor your Mother has done bad.
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Vince77(m): 8:25pm On Mar 26, 2016
That was an act of kindness not foolishness.
If you had refused to give him the phone in the first place you wouldn't have been at peace with yourself.
Don't let what your mom said bother you at all.
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 26, 2016
missyadorable:
See how this boy come open him mama yan.sh for internet?

Go write am for facebook na

So its everything your mum scolds you for that you will bring to the social media?

Mtcheeeeew!

but your moniker sounds matured...
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Booty4me: 8:25pm On Mar 26, 2016
So you still stay with your mum..
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by tosyne2much(m): 8:25pm On Mar 26, 2016
Don't be depressed by what your mom said.. You know how women think at times

You did the ryt thing man cool
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by vision2050: 8:26pm On Mar 26, 2016
Dharniel:

am in my early 20s and yeah I still stay with my parents and I've got a job of my own. I can fend for myself but I'm still under my parents roof, so have you got a problem with that?
there some things you don't tell mum. Omo mummy.
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Femonjay(m): 8:27pm On Mar 26, 2016
You have done well.
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Maximus85(m): 8:28pm On Mar 26, 2016
Erhmm Egbon Daniel, if you still want the phone... Go and collect it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Adesiji77: 8:28pm On Mar 26, 2016
Dharniel:
now please Nigerians, have I acted in a kind manner like my conscience tells me or foolishly as my mom said?

When in doubt, the kind thing is usually the right thing to do... cool
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by gbaskiboy: 8:29pm On Mar 26, 2016
ej4sub:
Guy clear your mind by appreciating her kindness instead of feeling guilty.
bro thanks, I appreciate
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Vince77(m): 8:30pm On Mar 26, 2016
marshalcarter:
Ma guy..4get dat tin...you did not act foolish..african mums..u don suppose sabi ur mumsi naaw....foreign mum would 1st ask if his life is safe..but 9ja mum...chai..no need
Very true @bolded
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by stteejax(m): 8:32pm On Mar 26, 2016
You did the right thing bro..believe..gave a friend of mine my laptop to help me format..next thing I heard was some guys broke into their house nd stole my lappy which I confirmed.. He was like what should we do?my response shocked baba na..I said na small thing make we forget am....my mind was free cause same thing could happen to me...so just let go bro..
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 26, 2016
victorazy:

My brother ur never a foolish person. Just leave everything in God's hand. You've sowed a seed and therafter is gona be great.

For ur mum, I don't think she has the spirit of God in her (am sorry)
Just move on, better things is on ur way. Na so God want it, He wantted you to pay for a goods.

I do understand you the same way I understand my mom, thanks anyway...
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 26, 2016
Guy I am so happy for what you did.
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by delishpot: 8:34pm On Mar 26, 2016
You followed your heart. You did the right thing It could happen to anyone.
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by shiimah: 8:34pm On Mar 26, 2016
Endtime Momma
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by nsedet: 8:35pm On Mar 26, 2016
Well from all u'v said u'v jus made d whole world know you are " mumi's pet".
Dharniel:
I have no intention of boring you with no epistle neither am I seeking attention. I just want to view people's different opinions on a decision I took a few days ago.
There's a colleague in my place of work who is a pastor (not full time). he uses a small Nokia phone while I use an infinix hot 2 together with a small itel. The colleague came to me asking if I could exchange my itel with his Nokia phone reason because the itel phone has internet connectivity while the Nokia phone only has torch light. He claims he hasn't been online for a couple of months, in summary he just want to surf the net. I, being so generous and simple thought to myself, I do have a better one I browse with, so I decided to do the exchange. few weeks later, he was ready to return my phone, he told me but I wasn't with his phone so I told him I would bring it the following day.
Fast forward to the next day, I got to the office before him, and on sighting him I remembered I wasn't with his phone, right there I made a U turn without him seeing me, I went back home to get his phone and rushed back to the office. After the first quarter of the day, he came to my office only for him to explain how the phone got stolen the previous day where he went to charge (I blame PHCN for that). Then he asked me, what should we do. I got so dumbfounded and confused, I thought for a while and decided to let go. I gave him his phone and told him to forget about the idea of getting me a new phone, cuz it seems to me like revenge.
on getting home, I explained everything to my mom only for her to shade me and lambast my action. she said I acted so foolishly and made my consciousness sour. now please Nigerians, have I acted in a kind manner like my conscience tells me or foolishly as my mom said?

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by EmmahO(m): 8:36pm On Mar 26, 2016
Typical Nigerain Mom response.....u did the right thing bro.
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by ikombe: 8:37pm On Mar 26, 2016
oga dharniel. One thing i have learnt in dis life is dat watever i did with good faith has never back fired it has only came bak in 3 folds undecided . Forget kpansh wey mumci dey yarn undecided

Cause if mumci borrowed a huge amount of money from someone, only for her to be robbed d next day. Wen she explains her situation to the person and d person says she should forget about paying back means d person is just being stupid for allowing her go freely like dat undecided
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Richy4(m): 8:37pm On Mar 26, 2016
Dharniel:

You might damage someone's property in future or misplace their things..... The seed of kindness you have sown today unnoticed, might germinate tomorrow and become a cool fruit for you in time of difficulty.....
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 26, 2016
vision2050:
there some things you don't tell mum. Omo mummy.

I didn't tell her directly, nah talk just reach dat Syd, never knew I had spilled it until the lambasting came from her.
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 26, 2016
Not foolish, you were just nice and unfortunately these things happen sometimes

What is 'what should we do?' by the way? lol I feel as though your colleague should've compensated you in some way though, mistake or not and even with your refusal
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by ibro360(m): 8:38pm On Mar 26, 2016
E Don tay wey dem dey use religion brain wash people
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 26, 2016
Maximus85:
Erhmm Egbon Daniel, if you still want the phone... Go and collect it.

gringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by freecocoa(f): 8:41pm On Mar 26, 2016
Kreamie:
Lol...Your mom acted ignorantly (no disrespect meant) You being the bigger man was the right thing to do..Whatever happened to the phone, whether the dude lied or not is up to him...Remember, Karma is as real as they come

Kudos to you up! Good deeds begets good deeds and vice versa
You can't say that, especially since you have no logical reason to, what's ignorant about expecting someone to take responsibility?

1 Like

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by temitemi1(m): 8:42pm On Mar 26, 2016
You have done well.
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by ilyas26(m): 8:42pm On Mar 26, 2016
You are so naive and you trust easily. Your mum was right, I've been in this situation before. Bro if you don't wisen up you'll loose bigger things in future

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Huge Python Killed By Nigerian Soldiers In A Bush Near Their Barracks / Akhigbe Nuel Odiase: Corper Dies After Falling From A Danfo In Lagos / Very Poisonous Green Snake Killed This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.