Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,543 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience (19500 Views)

Lady Loses N15,000 At An ATM Queue In Lagos / Lady Shows The N1000 Note Dispensed To Her By An ATM In Lagos / See The Torn N1000 Note I Got From An ATM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by dsauce: 3:34pm On Mar 26, 2016
Have u ever been left stranded by not being able to withdraw from an ATM,especially when u are in dire need of cash?. How did u handle this and ur reaction.

Let me share my own lil scenario. I  was very CLOSE to been stranded if not for my diamond ATM card that bailed me out.

I got to my bank (FCMB which is d only acct i knw i av a substantial amount) to withdraw but on getting there,none of the ATM was working so i had to use another bank. To cut the long story short, i was debited without money been dispensed.

I was so confused and started sweating lol, then suddenly i remember i av less than #1000 on my DIAMOND  account which i rarely use. U need to see how i was praying inwardly for the machine to dispense #500 which would actually be sufficient for my transport fare to ibadan.

All dis happened at Ijebu ode,and i dont knw anybody there that i could av collected money from cos i was on TRANSIT . Maybe na ENDURANCE "SUFFERING" TREK i for do to reach ibadan,the scary thing was that all this happened around 7pm in the evening in a town where i know NOBODY. Let me hear your own experience(s).

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by onuwaje(m): 4:19pm On Mar 26, 2016
Mine was last month
As a corps member when ur 19800 naira pops up it feels like u got a million in den if u knw waam saying grin

Went to oja oba in ado ekiti and i was short on funds so i collected 500 naira from a friend and den i went to d nearest bank around ajilosun area with a boarded bike for 50 naira . The queue was mad i left d bank went to anoda bank just after fayose market for 70 naira and den d atm was saying something i didnt want to read den i boarded anoda bike to old garage for 70naira after waiting for my turn after almost 30 mins it said i shud contact my bank. I said maybe na network. I proceeded to bank road from old garage for 100naira and tried all d atms And yet nutin. I resigned to fate amd decided to gome home den i took a bike from bank road to basiri 80 bucks it was wen i got home that i realised it was a friday and how much i had left on me.
Wasnt a funny experience

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by onuwaje(m): 4:31pm On Mar 26, 2016
Anoda one
In my 3rd year i was left with 100 naira so i decided to enter school from alakahia ( uniport folks will understand ) entered a cab for 40 naira.. Den i proceeded to upth atms within d complex omo nutin. I try sterling bank unable to dispense Cash.
Tried the one at abuja park amd nutin... I went home to drink garri with the last 20 naira

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by dsauce: 5:41pm On Mar 26, 2016
onuwaje:
Mine was last month
As a corps member when ur 19800 naira pops up it feels like u got a million in den if u knw waam sayin

I fully relate with u cos am a Corp member too though passing out in few weeks time. It's really a shit to be cash stranded mehn

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by dahaz(m): 6:18pm On Mar 26, 2016
I had a terible expirience years back when in school.15k was deposited to me by my dad so quickly entered school to withdraw everything.I slot in my atm, the money counted, the machine open mouth and then closes without anyrhing coming out and still yet i was debited. To make matter worse it was on a satuday.It was a terrible expirience.

17 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by hakinze00(m): 7:17pm On Mar 26, 2016
It just happened to me lyk 30mins ago,after trekking a very long distance,getting there there was no network in any of the atms,I had to trek home empty handed again,now I dnt knw ow I will get to church 2mro cry

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 26, 2016
When one stupid guy in front of me brought like 4atm cards and didn't notify until it got to his turn,,he was just switching cards From Gtb to wema to first bank to access bank and he spent up to like 20minutes.....when it got to my turn I received the shocker I hate seeing "UNABLE TO DISPENSE CASH" twice Finally "SERVICE TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE" I wept sotey tears no fit flow again

17 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Singapore1(m): 7:18pm On Mar 26, 2016
yes
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by MoneypassGod(m): 7:19pm On Mar 26, 2016
Sometime ago i was broke and didn't hav a dime on me, salary hasn't been paid. Not a single drop of water at home. Later my elder bros sent 4k and as i received d alert i left immediately with a sigh of relieve to withdraw it. Took me about 30 mins to trek to d bank. The nearest bank was diamond bank. As i tried to withraw d 4k it started to count but then stopped counting and my ATM card came out of d machine by itself, and no money was paid. Phew... I quickly left to UBA, d queue there was a bit long. Wen it was about to get to my turn 4 persons came out of d blue and said they were there b4 me. D kind drag wey drag, i later allowed dem to withdraw. Den it got to my turn all eyes was on me. As i tried to withdraw 4k it said insufficient fund. Wat! wot d hell. Tried withdrawing 3k said same thing. I was trying to process wot was happenin wen someone shouted frm behind ''press 'NO' now''. I felt mortified as i left d bank. It was after i hav gone out of d bank dat i received a message tellin me 4k has been deducted frm my account wen i tried to withdrwa money frm diamond bank. No be small thin dat day. Till now d 4k hasn,t been revesrsed.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by folks4luv(f): 7:19pm On Mar 26, 2016
mine was a bank, there was an robbery attack then in firstbank, so d bank didn't open for a while, I used d last money I had to transport my self to d town d bank was located, got there n was told d bank wasn't working yet. couldn't cry, i had to trek bk to my plc o, more than 2 hours trek o. wasn't funny

9 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by RealAdewole(m): 7:19pm On Mar 26, 2016
last month I wanna travel visit fcmb 4 ATMs not working, zenith not dispensing, eco not dispensing, diamond a very long queue have to travel like 5km to access still no network thank goodness for UBA dat very day

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by evansjeff(m): 7:19pm On Mar 26, 2016
Yes o...I had to call someone to get me money from the house, I for trek go house that day

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by magicminister: 7:20pm On Mar 26, 2016
yess ohhh!!
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by xmalikx: 7:20pm On Mar 26, 2016
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by phollybee(m): 7:20pm On Mar 26, 2016
I remembered wen the Machine Ceased my Card with no Penny in my Pocket and it was a Day dat I was to travel to meet my Bae in her school,with the believe that in few hours, I wud show up!
Mehnn, I became so worried, I tried all my possible best to make d journey but to no avail,
She was so mad at me afterwards without listening to my own reasonz for not showing up!
Chai! A T M!

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Damilare5882(m): 7:21pm On Mar 26, 2016
Please dont mind my english oo grin..........mine wasnt a good one at all .. but thanks to God .. it happened a day to my birthday last year .. while i was thinking on how i was gonna celebrate my birthday, that was how a friend that was oweing me came to pay me back .. (a sum of 40k)..proceeded to the bank to deposit it ..on getting to the bank , i met a long queue, so i had to tip one of the security i know to help me deposit it and told him i will come back for the teller like i always do.. due to the pressure from friends that i must celebrate my birthday for them , that was how i decided to go to ilorin shorite to buy alcohol and some few drinks.. went with a close friend thats has a ride so we drove down..we got in and did the shopping ..while we were doing the shopping ,we been taking some inside .then proceeded to the queue to pay .. on the queue ,wooed a girl and we started talking ..when it got to my turn to pay, the cashier did the calculation and gave me my bill (32k)..i brought my atm and inserted into the POS while i was still talking with the girl, input my password waiting to collect my receipt ,to my surprise, i was told insuffucient fund, .. Na so i first cut the conversation with the girl ..looked at the shoprite cashier....... thinking abi dis one no know weytin she dey tok nii ..so i told her to retry it ..naso i see am again.. oboi con see as people dey look me .. wey i baff up .. d girl sef change face !!.i con dey sweat !!..and i was already even drinking out of the drinks ooo .. i first moved to one side .. the girl still dey look me.. Thank God for my friend, na him GOd use that day oooo ..that was how he came to meet me, narrated the whole shit and then brought his own card out to pay.. when we got back to sch ehn , na bank i enter straight , was now told that the money was posted to a wrong account that they gonna refund it in the next 2 days..i para for them ehn ..con dey imagine sey my frnd no dey there ..n so person go just cast ....mehn na bad experience

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 26, 2016
K
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by mytime24(f): 7:23pm On Mar 26, 2016
Here to read comments

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by midehi2(f): 7:23pm On Mar 26, 2016
funny thread grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by bolt000(m): 7:24pm On Mar 26, 2016
mytime24:
Here to read comments
lmao grin.. Me too.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by nonnyccinho: 7:24pm On Mar 26, 2016
Chai day something must humble man
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Swiftlee(m): 7:26pm On Mar 26, 2016
a
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 26, 2016
Yes!but a guy help me out,dont ask me how. cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by ogaofficer(m): 7:29pm On Mar 26, 2016
R
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by HomeOfMe(f): 7:30pm On Mar 26, 2016
This just happened to me this evening around5pm. Went to withdraw a little cash at Stanbic ogba branch;after all my Easter plans.got to the ATM,I was debited without the machine dispensing-it's frustrating.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Luxiana19(f): 7:31pm On Mar 26, 2016
No, Iv never been stranded by an atm. I always forget spare change in the pocket of my jeans. If atm tries to fvck up, I go home and ransack my wardrobe.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Gracito(f): 7:31pm On Mar 26, 2016
We finished exams around 6 that day. Na my last 30 naira I use go department. I trekked from management to bank. The machines refused to pay, na like that I use leg reach ifite gate, because I Couldn't C empty bus to even beg[color=][/color] cry cry

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 26, 2016
Yes.

It wasn't funny.

I have to call a friend to come and give me 1k to go home.

After that experience, I learnt my lesson.

I always have 500h always hidden in my purse.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 26, 2016
Happened to me yesterday. I had just 100# with me, i decided to board a bus to onitsha from ogidi, then withdraw and go home. i needed #200 to take me home. i got to tarzan, tried the zenith bank Atm there, all was unable to dispense cash., i crossed the road to the sterling bank atm in an MTN office premises near peace park, still unable to dispense cash. To say i was scared na under statement, It was already getting dark, and Upper iweka....... hmmmmm.... luckily for me, a guy came to withdraw, he actually met me at the zenith Atm queue. He saw my face, asked me what was wrong, told him my problem. He gave me 500# to take a bus home. I just couldnt thank God enough that day.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Morkavictor: 7:35pm On Mar 26, 2016
A
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 26, 2016
My scenario....i closed from work at 4pm and boarded a cab home, bt wen i got to my destination i paid the cab driver the last money i had on me dat day N50 nt knwing dat the money has torn and the cab driver refused to take it.

I pleaded to dis guy dat i didn't knw the money has torn bt he still refused to let me go den i remembered i had 2 ATM cards in my handbag and told him to take me to an ATM machine at dat point my junctions was his final cos everybody droped der except a guy on the front seat.

He asked me to get in...which i did so i told him to take me to Ecobank along Aba road in PH and the guy did bt on getting der i slot my card to withdraw N1,000, the money didn't come out and i got an alert dat i was debited, tried again bt the machine started showing No network.

I remembered dat everyday emporium ATM pays at anytime n i told him to take me there which dis guy and the friend did and on getting there i realised they had N500 denomination, so i used my GTB card and it paid and after giving the guy the N500 he was like he doesn't have change.

If u see me that day grin people are wicked, i started shouting at him n some security guys der came and on hearing the story they started abusing the both of them and one gave him the N50 naira..jst imagine!.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by doskie(m): 7:37pm On Mar 26, 2016
dsauce:
Have u ever been left stranded by not being able to withdraw from an ATM,especially when u are in dire need of cash?. How did u handle this and ur reaction.

Let me share my own lil scenario. I  was very CLOSE to been stranded if not for my diamond ATM card that bailed me out.

I got to my bank (FCMB which is d only acct i knw i av a substantial amount) to withdraw but on getting there,none of the ATM was working so i had to use another bank. To cut the long story short, i was debited without money been dispensed.

I was so confused and started sweating lol, then suddenly i remember i av less than #1000 on my DIAMOND  account which i rarely use. U need to see how i was praying inwardly for the machine to dispense #500 which would actually be sufficient for my transport fare to ibadan.

All dis happened at Ijebu ode,and i dont knw anybody there that i could av collected money from cos i was on TRANSIT . Maybe na ENDURANCE "SUFFERING" TREK i for do to reach ibadan,the scary thing was that all this happened around 7pm in the evening in a town where i know NOBODY. Let me hear your own experience(s).
that land I served there. trust me no one would have given you a penny. no free ride. you would have trekked back. in lagos I have seen a blind begger come to deposit 40k in access bank. in my city benin; beggers use good chains, good phones and they look good. but in ijebu, the beggers look like mad men. nobody gives them even old eba. very stingy people.

back to the atm thing. I didn't know I was supposed to link my bvn to the acct I have atm. just before the atm in ajah one day I bought famingo fruit drink with my last 200 naira. only for the atm not to function. na God save me say small credit dey my phone dat day. I call my guy. he rescued me.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? / PFS 25th Anniversary: "Started With A Borrowed Laptop, Car And Drive" / Naira Gains On Better Than Expected Economic Growth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.