Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,240 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon (50953 Views)

How Much Is Needed To Open A Standard Barbing Salon? / Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? / Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by runsboy(m): 12:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
mrkayusfit:

Listen guy. The truth is most people quoting u are Fraudsters who are ready to steal your 240k. Do not contact any one. They are suggesting betshops and organizing shows as if u will make guaranteed millions once you invest. Every business is a risk. Do not listen to the sugar coated mouths. Go to few barbing salons around and ask questions from shop owners about the risks and gains of barbing business. You can also Google more information. Do not contact anyone on whatsapp or reply pm if u don't want to loose your 240k. Too many fraud going on here

The best comment/advice on this topic goes to this guy. God bless you!

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by babyfaceafrica: 12:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
OP no mind all these bad belle discouraging you...just find a good location and monitor the barber,this barbers can be funny sometimes...it ccan be profitable..just be prudent and flee away from unecessary distractions like women and co...what about transport biz?..like okada and napep?

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by coolplanet: 12:23pm On Sep 08, 2016
Place the guy on commission.sign an agreement with him.he could pay weekly which is better.he most deliver so so amount every week and also fuel the gen or preferably if you want him to be based on salary.Get a lady that will be selling recharge cards to monitor.a trusted one that has a bit fear,young and respectful.print a receipt and do a discount on anyone that barb for 20 times will get one free barbing.get more advice pls before you get into it.do a good feasibility study.bro

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Sergioaguero: 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2016
Barbing salon business is not reliable for huge turnover. i give you two options either you point and kill Catfish business or bring groundnut or egusi from kwara state. You know, now food sells more than anything. you can contact me on 08138570184. to manage it for you.
or you can start shawama business plus pastries. Am a business developer. currently am in lagos. i can still come to enugu if you wat 042 is my state. Esut my alma mate. visit my video link of the catfish advert i made on my facebook group. click link https://www./GreatInventors/
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2016
nani212:
Bro, do you mean it is not profitable even if I supervise it closely or if I dont supervise closely? what kind of show are u talking about? What guarantee do I have that I'll make profit from the show? I stay in Enugu
While not open a bet9ja shop,atleast u can monitor it cos it uses online account.
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Perfecttouch(m): 12:27pm On Sep 08, 2016
nani212:
Bro, I dont understand. What has women got to do with a barbing salon? Besides I wont be the one operating the barbing salon. I'll just invest and supervise
bro barbing saloon is one of the best business you can venture into either u are monitoring or you are the one operating it. If you already have a shop,240k is enough to make it a standard one. Am currently starting my own also,just get a good location,preferably student environment .lets talk on Whatsapp so I can show u some pics on how you can design and put things in order. Don't give ur money to anybody,just seek advices and do away with the bad ones.saloon is a lucrative biz u can also make it a unisex,240k is still ok for unisex.nowadays, we use camera to monitor barbing saloon

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by sekundosekundo: 12:29pm On Sep 08, 2016
Pls don't be discouraged, go ahead with your plan. It's profitable depending on the location. The amount you hv is enough. Just get a good barber, hand him over the place with an agreement to be delivering a certain amount to you on weekly basis.

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 08, 2016
Sergioaguero:
Barbing salon business is not reliable for huge turnover. i give you two options either you point and kill Catfish business or bring groundnut or egusi from kwara state. You know, now food sells more than anything. you can contact me on 08138570184. to manage it for you.
or you can start shawama business plus pastries. Am a business developer. currently am in lagos. i can still come to enugu if you wat 042 is my state. Esut my alma mate. visit my video link of the catfish advert i made on my facebook group. click link https://www./GreatInventors/

I'm interested in the egusi business. How much is the minimum capital to start with? Is kwara egusi the best and cheapest?
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by engrshakespeare: 12:31pm On Sep 08, 2016
Businessnaija:

since you base at Enugu state, and you have alot of friends there, bro, let me come and use your money to organize a show for you, atleast you will see the ROI. But barbing, even if you supervice it or not, you wont gain it, and probably run into big loss.

But with shows, you cant, and moreso, Enugu state love such thing, coupled with my strategies and experience about it, there wont be an slack moment.

Guy run o, this guy is planning to come chop your money. Which kain show, what wont we hear on NL grin
Businessnaija:

since you base at Enugu state, and you have alot of friends there, bro, let me come and use your money to organize a show for you, atleast you will see the ROI. But barbing, even if you supervice it or not, you wont gain it, and probably run into big loss.

But with shows, you cant, and moreso, Enugu state love such thing, coupled with my strategies and experience about it, there wont be an slack moment.

Guy run o, this guy is planning to come chop your money. Which kain show, what wont we hear on NL

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Kennyfancy(m): 12:35pm On Sep 08, 2016
nani212:
Good evening nairalanders, I'm considering setting up a barbing salon in one of the south eastern states. I have 240000 to invest. The main reason I want to set it up is to create another source of income as I currently have a business I'm into. I wont be the one operating the barbing salon but I'll be visiting there to supervise every evening. I'm almost a novice in this field and I'll like people with experience to please advice and give me guidelines on steps to take.

Will 240000 be enough? What will be the right or appropriate salary to pay the barber I will employ? How profitable is the business? How much profit should I expect monthly? Waiting for your suggestions.
240k is a Good start bt i cnt guarantee if it would b enough and beside locations matters alot.. Talking abt monitoring, for ur best intrest dnt think abt monitoring barbers, they ar hotcake they cn leave anytime and gt another shop, wht i normally advice to do is that sign agreement with them based on comision.. Tell them d amount dat u will b taking every weekend, i advice every weekend, lt say u cn start by getting 5000 naira every weekend, dat is 20k every month, note dat it is d duty of d barber to buy fuel and sharp clipper and do other things, urs is jst to pay d rent and lt say light bills. Depending on d agreement, feel free to contact me on 08164421812
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 08, 2016
skyenitan04:
i think laundry & drycleaning business is more better than barbing..its my second business dough and its making since..3 years and counting
*More better?* Guy na u oo

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Gloriagee(f): 12:38pm On Sep 08, 2016
I'm interested in the small scale gas biz. Pls can u offer more insight?

bighuntenter:
. Good decision to go into a business venture. Why not consider starting a small scale gas business with the same amount of money? Gas business is becoming the in thing now. Give it a try and see what happen to your 240k in the next months.
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by nagidarabani: 12:39pm On Sep 08, 2016
chojo3000:
MMM

BRO COME TO OGUN TOWARDS BERGER.... BARBING NA 300 AND AM ABOUT GOING TO BARBING ...... AM A CORPER SERVING HERE AND YOU DONT NEED MORE THAN 150K

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Lexusgs430: 12:40pm On Sep 08, 2016
nani212:
Bro, do you mean it is not profitable even if I supervise it closely or if I dont supervise closely? what kind of show are u talking about? What guarantee do I have that I'll make profit from the show? I stay in Enugu

MONEY MAGIC SHOW
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Kennyfancy(m): 12:40pm On Sep 08, 2016
nani212:
Good evening nairalanders, I'm considering setting up a barbing salon in one of the south eastern states. I have 240000 to invest. The main reason I want to set it up is to create another source of income as I currently have a business I'm into. I wont be the one operating the barbing salon but I'll be visiting there to supervise every evening. I'm almost a novice in this field and I'll like people with experience to please advice and give me guidelines on steps to take.

Will 240000 be enough? What will be the right or appropriate salary to pay the barber I will employ? How profitable is the business? How much profit should I expect monthly? Waiting for your suggestions.
lik i said b4, u cn still add betting shop to it, dat would involve more investment and high profit
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by benardj3(m): 12:41pm On Sep 08, 2016
nani212:

guy don't bother,u'll hardly see a good barber that will b submissive
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by ameh99: 12:43pm On Sep 08, 2016
My brother the truth is u don't put barbers on salary, you share whatever he makes into three and he take's one part you take two parts simple!

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Emmaloh: 12:43pm On Sep 08, 2016
OP.....email me... ayorich07@yahoo.com. i currently av 2 hair salons...in the South western region. i do not have any barbing experience.
Note: Never u make dat mistake of supervising ur stylist. they ll run away. There are options of salary base......also.....there is an option of weekly target depending on the location. u may give urstylist a weekly target.
Location is the bedrock of a hair salon......

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 08, 2016
Barbing is a lucrative business provided you play your ball well. You have two options here:
1. Hire a skilled barber and pay him commission. That way, he will work harder knowing that his range of service determines his pay. This one, you don't need much supervision.
2. Hire a skilled barber, pay him salaries but not without CCTV camera installed. Like someone suggested, you can get a lady to monitor him thereby pretending to be a recharge card seller. CCTV camera can't be relied on unless you are certain of all round power supply.
Good luck in your biz

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by jclassiq(m): 12:45pm On Sep 08, 2016
frugal:

Don't mind those people. Get a CCTV to do the monitoring, you don't have to be there.
lol. A friend of mine gave me this suggestion but i thot it was ridiculous.
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by funshore(m): 12:46pm On Sep 08, 2016
Hi bro. Do not listen to those people saying you will not get any profit from a barbing saloon, it's a big lie and a means to stop you. I'm a cashier in a unisex salon here in Ilorin, and I must tell you there is a lot of gains in the business.
What you need to do before you start is to make enquiry about the location, if it is confirmed to make sales go on and start it.

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by nagidarabani: 12:47pm On Sep 08, 2016
benardj3:
guy don't bother,u'll hardly see a good barber that will b submissive

BRO STOP CONFUSING HIM..... MOST BARBER SHOP YOU GO, YOU WILL SEE NOVICE LEARNING, SOME ARE THERE LONG AND JUST WISH AN OPPORTUNITY TO BE ON THERE OWN, LIKE ONE GUY SAY GET A CCTV CAMERA IF U DEY FEAR OR GET A BRO TO BE IN CHARGE OF COLLECTION

BARBING IS THE LATEST ..... NO LOSS ....... U NOT SCARED OF LOOSING GOODS ETC jobless people will tell u not to go into barbing

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 08, 2016
author=Businessnaija post=44148292]

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Emmaloh: 12:47pm On Sep 08, 2016
U cannot monitor ur hair stylist,.even if u have 100 cctv cameras... dey are so smart. And when he knows hes bin monitored, ur business is at risk....I ll advice u nit to place ur stylist on salary since its a new shop. u must know ow lucrative the business is at the proposed area. email me
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by ojinuocheibi(m): 12:50pm On Sep 08, 2016
nani212:

are you in abuja?

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Emmaloh: 12:50pm On Sep 08, 2016
Barbing is a lucrative business....Dont mind haters....However, its not as lucrative as wen u oversee ur shop ursef.....i mean u ll get ur money fast wen u barb ursef.

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by millhouse: 12:51pm On Sep 08, 2016
Businessnaija:
barbing saloon, no no no.

Which state are you, let me come to your state, and organize a show for you with that money. Atleast you will see return on investment.

The business has no gain, and who so ever you employ, will finish you.

Just my advice.....
how can I reach you?
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by ediplan: 12:52pm On Sep 08, 2016
The saloon should work with necessary controls. You can consider extra supervisory measures like using a cashier; using some people within the neighborhood that you can call regularly to inform you of happenings at the shop in terms of customer flow and barber movement when you are not around.

It will also be to your advantage to agree with the barber on a percentage of every head count as against salary. This will ensure the barber puts in the right attitude required to retain clients as well as the necessary shift to earn enough. Try and get someone with enough responsibility as barber, say a family person or the bread winner.

Then ensure efficient book keeping.

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 08, 2016
Nice idea though. But i think you need to step up your budget if you really want to make it. There is no business that is not profiting, it's just basic concept, investment, and effective management. There is a common saying that ''what you give soil determines what you expect''.

There are many barbing salons but few quality ones.

Breakdown of wat u need to set up minimum quality n profiting salon

1. Choice location btw 50k to 400k/year, depending on your loc n budget
2. Furnitures, painting, lighting, sign board. About 50k to 200k, depending on taste n budget
3. Sterilizing set n unit, towels, minimum of 3clippers, combs, barbing cloth, etc about 100k
4. Good musical set about 30k. cud b more or less, depending......
5. TV 15k to 50k
6. Fan n AC. about 70k. But u can use only fan or both. Like i said, for Standout salon you need consider comfort of your customers.
7. Reception ( optional)
8. Generator. Please dont use " i better pass my neighbour". About 50k
9. 1kva inverter ( optional ) but this is a neccessity if you want to standout in any business: about 80k to 150k depending on backup time needed.
10. Most importantly, you need the services of a professional barber (handsome, friendly n lively, respectful, neat, honest, intelligent, and accountable etc.) Your barber should not use pple's hair to learn, as this is one major reason why b.salons dont boom as expected.
11. There are more to add in terms of tins needed and management concepts. But I will humbly stop here 1st.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by tosinjay(m): 12:53pm On Sep 08, 2016
Una see una sef? Topic the op created since march and would have probably done whatever he wanted to do, lala didn't give him audience until now and op sef last came online yesterday, never show today. I think they need to change this way though, caring about having topics on fp not necessarily helping the person. Although the comments will help others!

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by omoikea(m): 12:54pm On Sep 08, 2016
Forget about those CCTV talks,u wan sidon dey watch how many people enter ur shop daily or what...

The best thing to do if u are really interested in the business is to set it up and equip it then put someone that will be managing it...

He will pay u target(agreed amount) either weekly or monthly and the rest is his own

this way both parties will be happy

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by funshore(m): 12:54pm On Sep 08, 2016
You don't CCTV,it cannot monitor all the activities there,find a reliable stylist or if you have someone whom trusted you can put the person there as a cashier.

Naira Exchange Rates Today / "My Experience As A Taxify Driver In Abuja" / Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59