Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,055 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% (37792 Views)

Fayose: FG Wants To Tax Nigerians To Death, Condemns Increase In Cost Of Data / Nigerians To Pay 9% Tax On Calls, SMS, MMS, Data, Others / Nigerians To Pay 9% Tax On Calls, SMS, MMS, Data & Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by papaejima1: 10:48am On Mar 27, 2016
Marketing Communication experts have condemned the proposed communications tax bill before the Eight National Assembly, describing the bill as evidence that the Federal Government “isn’t sensitive to the plight of the people”.

If the proposed communications tax bill is passed to law, telecoms subscribers in Nigeria may be facing tougher times in the months ahead. The bill, entitled ‘Communication Service Tax Bill (“CST” or the “Bill”) 2015’, seeks to enforce, charge and collect communication service tax (CST) on all electronic communication services at nine per cent which will be borne by subscribers.

Subscribers’ data released monthly by the telecoms industry regulator, Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) and the current industry’s Average Revenue Per User (ARPU) provided by the operators, indicated that the Federal Government may be reaping over N20 billion monthly from Nigerian subscribers if the bill is enacted into law.

The categories of communication services liable to the tax include voice calls, SMS, MMS, Data and Pay TV. For instance, Section 2 of the bill listed the chargeable services to include voice calls, SMS, MMS, pay per view TV stations, data usage from telecommunication services providers and internet service providers.

While the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) will be responsible for the collection of the tax and its payment together with any interest and penalty into the Federation Account, the Federal Government will be responsible for the administration and management of the funds.

The bill provides that all service providers are to file tax returns and pay the tax due not later than the last working day of the month immediately after the month to which the payment relates. Failure to comply with this provision will attract stiff financial penalties on erring entities.

The bill, proposed by the government last month and currently being reviewed by the National Assembly, would see consumers of data, voice, SMS, MMS and pay-TV services hit with a nine per cent tax levied on service fees.

http://guardian.ng/business-services/money/experts-oppose-fgs-move-to-tax-voice-calls-pay-tv/

1 Like 7 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by papaejima1: 10:50am On Mar 27, 2016
Is there no end to the perfidy, insensitivity and wickedness of this government against the people?

lalasticlala, seun, your DSTV costs are about to go up by 9%, una never hear?

174 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Chanchit: 10:52am On Mar 27, 2016
I know its a joke. Let's just take it as April fool, you know easter normally come in april but this time e show for march,that why April fools day too was front dated.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by chriskosherbal(m): 10:53am On Mar 27, 2016
Well let both parties find a common ground on this issue for the benefit of the consumer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Emyemyberry(m): 10:55am On Mar 27, 2016
Without mincing words,the daura dulllard is really insensitive to the plight of ordinary nigerians

@this rate of taxing everything,there will soon be tax on food.

My greatest pain is that the revenue generated will be embezzled by buhari the saint,his holy party apc, and their angelic ministers

i really pity anyone who voted for this government,because that is what i tag everlasting mistake which will continue to haunt as many that have realised their mistake

no zombie should quote me,because i will not reply

175 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Emyemyberry(m): 10:57am On Mar 27, 2016
chriskosherbal:
Well let both parties find a common ground on this issue for the benefit of the consumer.
dey der dey wait 4 common ground

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by MagicBishop: 10:59am On Mar 27, 2016
ACN faction of the APC with their Agbereo tax policies

At the end nah CPC alone go chop d money

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by omenka(m): 11:01am On Mar 27, 2016
Is that Joke Silva or Adeosun?? shockedshocked

6 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by BlackTechnology: 11:04am On Mar 27, 2016
Because of this Chain called Change they almost lagoon the Igbos.

#YorubasWhoVotedBuhariHaveBeenScammed

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by freeze001(f): 11:04am On Mar 27, 2016
Jokers! Completely clueless sadists! Lowlife, debased pond scum! Dead n soulless reptiles! Godforsaken vagabonds! That is what Sai buhari chanters voted into power.

Soon they will propose taxes for menstrual flow!

144 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Hero10001: 11:07am On Mar 27, 2016
Chai?!
May God purnish apc.
With not tax on weed, i wont be shaken!

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by codedguy1(m): 11:10am On Mar 27, 2016
I know a lot of people that were chanting APC during election that are now too ashamed to even complain.

Its just the begining.

By 2019 we would be taxed for breathing, looking, smelling, talking walking, shyting, pissing, messing, fukcing, smooching, sleeping etc.

This govt feels the hardship is only on the govt side the masses have too much money and need to be taxed like never before.

I hope other parties are cataloguing all this to be used against this one chance APC govt when the time comes.

85 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by BlackTechnology: 11:12am On Mar 27, 2016
codedguy1:
I know a lot of people that were chanting APC during election that are now too ashamed to even complain.

Its just the begining.

By 2019 we would be taxed for breathing, looking, smelling, talking walking, sleeping etc.

This govt feels the hardship is only on the govt side the masses have too much money and need to be taxed like never before.

I hope other parties are cataloguing all this to be used against this one chance APC govt when the time comes.

The shame is too much that some can't even look at the faces of the Igbos they threatened to lagoon.

140 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by saintgwizard(m): 11:13am On Mar 27, 2016
Another tax?

We understand that the government is gasping for breath, but must it take away the breath of the masses to survive? Can't they look for ways to deal with the root causes instead of always attacking the symptoms.

This government self

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by ckmayoca: 11:17am On Mar 27, 2016
Chai soon we will be paying for the unrefined dirty air we breath.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 27, 2016
Lolsss.... Buhari! Bujari!... why suffereth your pple so! U crook!.
U are taxing again. . wat are u taxing??.. wen will u tax foolano herdsmen...
I know u will still come up to tax religious gatherings...

Oya o, Zombies. . come and defend a gain! !!

33 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by dikeigbo2(m): 11:20am On Mar 27, 2016
Op I hope Na joke,if its true naim be say they are hellbent in taxing our lives to death,season of multiple taxations....from banking sector to power, communications, information, energy and virtually every aspects of our daily activities. That most painful thing is they are paying theirs with state founds.
Our country, their empire

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Flets: 11:23am On Mar 27, 2016
Ha ha ha ha ha

Zombies. .... enjoy your change!!!!

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by STARGREEN(m): 11:30am On Mar 27, 2016
As if he has done any tangible thing from the revenue he's been collecting except to zoom off.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by simi4me(m): 11:39am On Mar 27, 2016
Taxing us to pay for his foreign trips abi.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by ibietela2(m): 11:42am On Mar 27, 2016
No problem, bring it ON if true. so far as beremx Omenka Passingshot egift will survive this bill i will survive too.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Papasmal(m): 12:22pm On Mar 27, 2016
What is it with all this taxes....

Good road wil no get,

Food commodities 4 common man dey xpensive,

No fuel,

No employment..

No access to medical facilities...

Portable water no dey, Electricity nko..

See as this people dey xploit us...

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by papaejima1: 12:27pm On Mar 27, 2016
Papasmal:
What is it with all this taxing..

Good road wil no get,

Food commodities 4 common man dey xpensive,

No fuel,

No employment..

No access to medical facilities...

Portable water no dey, Electricity nko..

See as the people dey xploit us...
It's your tough luck! (According to buhari on Al jazeera)

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by ritababe(f): 12:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
kenonze:
If that will improve the economy, they should go ahead

you nor well e be like say bomb they your head, tax wey them they collect since you don see any change?
nonsense nonsensical

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by bloodykiller: 12:31pm On Mar 27, 2016
[s]
omenka:
Is that Joke Silva or Adeosun?? shockedshocked

[/s]
Nonsense trash irrelevant post

we don't care about the picture we're talking about the useless kunu drinker from Daura called mumuhamado mumuharii and his useless government taxes you're talking nonsense.
i guess you are even ashamed of this useless man by now.
sore looser grin

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 27, 2016

5 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 27, 2016
It's official

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by BlackTechnology: 12:32pm On Mar 27, 2016
kenonze:

Education is not wisdom.

Example this poster I quoted

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Innodon(m): 12:32pm On Mar 27, 2016
All in the name of chanji. We dey Niaja

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by pretydiva(f): 12:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
Wat arrant nonsense is dis. No work,no employment, yet dey want scrape d little money we ve left. Thunder fire anybody dat will support dis bill 2 b pass

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by superstar1(m): 12:34pm On Mar 27, 2016
It is funny that we pay all the taxes outside the country and protest against them in our country.

Taxes make the citizens more interested in politics and governance. It makes them to hold their governments more accountable, because it is their sweat. People were less concerned in the past because the fund being looted was not from their pockets directly.

Taxation is the path to better governance. I strongly believe.

However, establishing this new set of taxes without the people seeing what you have done with newly introduced ones is insensitive and criminal.

Show us what you have done with Stamp Duty and we can trust you with more. FIRS and Presidency listen to the voice of the people.

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Papasmal(m): 12:34pm On Mar 27, 2016
papaejima1:
It's your tough luck! (According to buhari on Al jazeera)

Papaejima una don see the change wey una come market for my domot...
Una collect all the money finish,CHANGE u nor gree give us.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Defection: Throwback Photo Of Umahi And Buhari In Ebonyi / It Went Well — NBA Scores INEC High In Conduct Of Presidential Poll / Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.