Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,978 members, 7,806,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Preparing For PTE? Get In Here - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Preparing For PTE? Get In Here (106061 Views)

SUV Crushes 23-Year-Old EBSU Graduate Preparing For NYSC In Lagos / PTE & Ieits Which Is Easier / Preparing For TOEFL, Already Taken TOEFL Come In Let's Discuss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by vickyuche(f): 10:14pm On Sep 04, 2017
Priceless25:
Is it a good center for the exam. I'm asking cos I'm currently in Owerri and planning to register for pte this month.

The center is good, the system didn't lag nor tripped to restart but my issue was with the A.C, for some reason it wasn't and I was sweating like mad, aside this, there's no other issue with the center. Next time I'm writing, I'll definitely have them check the A.C before I write, as it really made me uncomfortable that day. If u need anything else, please call my attention. Goodluck

Ok.
Thanks a lot.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by wondaboi2010(m): 9:54pm On Sep 05, 2017
Got my test result today

Speaking 88
Listening 82
Writing 78
Reading 76

Thank God cuz i now have my 20 points to collect.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Cottyekundayo(m): 6:17am On Sep 06, 2017
wondaboi2010:
Got my test result today

Speaking 88
Listening 82
Writing 78
Reading 76

If it's for what I am thinking, Your 20 points never Nak mehn.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by wondaboi2010(m): 7:27am On Sep 06, 2017
Cottyekundayo:

If it's for what I am thinking, Your 20 points never Nak mehn.

This is PTE not Ielts, i thought 79 Overall Score is 20 Points?
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Delovy(f): 11:30am On Sep 06, 2017
It's 79 in each section. U were very close. Well-done. Just a little more and u will be dir. Well done again

2 Likes

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Delovy(f): 11:35am On Sep 06, 2017
@ cottyekundayo. Thanxs for accepting my pm. Av sent u msg. Please help me out. I need help in speaking section. Need to ask u some questions and clarify somethings.pls help a sister . Please help.! ! !.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Delovy(f): 11:57am On Sep 06, 2017
Ik
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Azy123(m): 9:07am On Sep 07, 2017
Has anyone done Scored Ptepractice test since 5th of September and got his/her result?
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Azy123(m): 9:13am On Sep 07, 2017
Hi,

you are very close. I think since you have crack the speaking module with 88 your next one would be perfect. Writing is the easiest to improve in. with the right template and understanding the trick with summary you will get 87+ ((summary, SST and FIB-R&W carry a lots of weight than most people think)

When did you write your exam?
can you please share your Enabling skills - Grammar, Oral Fluency, Pronounciation etc.

Any particular style you used for the speaking section?

wondaboi2010:
Got my test result today

Speaking 88
Listening 82
Writing 78
Reading 76

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Prolivingproof(m): 12:52pm On Sep 07, 2017
Azy123:
Has anyone done Scored Ptepractice test since 5th of September and got his/her result?
I think they have issues with their site, tried to do same but saw the red warning of not being able to present results on time due to some technical issues. I have postponed taking the mock test till next week, hopefully, they would have resolved the matter.

1 Like

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Prolivingproof(m): 12:59pm On Sep 07, 2017
wondaboi2010:
Got my test result today

Speaking 88
Listening 82
Writing 78
Reading 76

You are really very close. Try work on the re-order paragraph of Reading section and the other parts that contribute to Writing section. surely, you will hit the golden score on your next attempt. Thank God for you that you have gotten the trick to demolish (small but mighty) Speaking section.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Azy123(m): 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2017
Thanks for the info. I was wondering if it is only showing in mine.

I guess I just have to wait now to see if the trick I used work for the speaking section.

Prolivingproof:

I think they have issues with their site, tried to do same but saw the red warning of not being able to present results on time due to some technical issues. I have postponed taking the mock test till next week, hopefully, they would have resolved the matter.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by spyroxy1(m): 7:30am On Sep 08, 2017
Bnimz:
As I was saying, don't correct yaself...

Lastly, in terms of handling noise, raise your headset volume to the highest, , and don't be afraid to talk loudly... Na 15 of us do the test for one small room at my center.... As dem dey loud am, me sef dey loud am o... Na me sabi how much I pay for this test... Nobody go con use hin own palaver waste my money

I swear I can't laugh enough seeing the above (bolded). One issue I faced during mine and distracted at some point.

I plan to re write soon though.
S.57 , Target :90.

Did u write at Surulere, Lagos?
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by spyroxy1(m): 8:20am On Sep 08, 2017
[quote author=nkechima post=52361170][/quote]
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Azy123(m): 4:39pm On Sep 08, 2017
Wetin man go do to increase this thing na.

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by spyroxy1(m): 10:48pm On Sep 08, 2017
Use the below:

Azy123

If you are having problems with your pronunciation in speaking of the PTE-A

Do as follows;

Register a google account and sign into the chrome browser.

Talk and type!

In Google Docs, you can now simply talk for speech-to-text dictation if your computer has a microphone! You can even pause, issue a command, pause again, and resume dictating. Below, you will find some initial directions to get you started and some common commands that you may want to use. To see a list of all commands, check out this Help Center article or say “voice commands help” when you’re voice typing. A video overview appears at the bottom of this Tech Tip so you can see voice typing in action.
Start voice typing

Check that your microphone works.
Open a document in Google docs with a Chrome browser.
Click Tools > Voice typing. A microphone box appears.
When you're ready to speak, click the microphone.
Speak clearly, at a normal volume and pace (see below for more information on using punctuation).
When you're done, click the microphone again.

Note:

Your tone will tell the computer voice recognition if its a new sentence or continuation, if you keep seeing a small letter at the beginning of each sentence, check your intonation/accent.

https://www.smore.com/91m4v-voice-typing-in-google-docs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Azy123(m): 4:28pm On Sep 09, 2017
Thanks. I'm now practicing with this.

spyroxy1:
Use the below:

Azy123

Note:

Your tone will tell the computer voice recognition if its a new sentence or continuation, if you keep seeing a small letter at the beginning of each sentence, check your intonation/accent.

https://www.smore.com/91m4v-voice-typing-in-google-docs

1 Like

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by spyroxy1(m): 11:04pm On Sep 09, 2017
Azy123:
Thanks. I'm now practicing with this.

Please give a feed back how good it helped.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by 40manlappy: 9:50am On Sep 10, 2017
Azy123:
Hello Sir,

Hw was your wife able to move from 65 to 90 in speaking in one month. Please I need advice. I cored 66, two times now. I need 79+

Thanks

Apologies for the delayed response. Be right back.

1 Like

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Xkoba: 2:28pm On Sep 10, 2017
afolaseg:

This is to inform you that the PTEPractice Gold test kit is now available. I have 8 more in stock.
I pm u you just now..pls I need mock test kit asap.tanks
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by spyroxy1(m): 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2017
40manlappy:

Azy123, 40manlappy

Please quote me on this reply Im in the same shoe with Azy
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Rooneyboy(m): 6:15pm On Sep 10, 2017
[quote author=Priceless25 post=55293142][/quote]

Hi, please what were the steps you took to achieve such high scores

i also wrote my exam in Owerri, Swintec and i'm not satisfied with my scores at all.

One thing i noticed about Swintec was their head set, it was really smelling and gave me alot of discomfort.

i need to to re-write, but definitely not in Swintec this time around probably in ABJ.

Please can you make your phone number available, i'll like to ask you a few questions.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Rooneyboy(m): 6:24pm On Sep 10, 2017
Priceless25:

So sorry abt that. You can always improve, don't despair. Try focusing on what you did wrong and work on them for a better outcome.

Hi, please what were the steps you took to achieve such high scores

i also wrote my exam in Owerri, Swintec and i'm not satisfied with my scores at all.

One thing i noticed about Swintec was their head set, it was really smelling and gave me alot of discomfort.

i need to to re-write, but definitely not in Swintec this time around probably in ABJ.

Please can you make your phone number available, i'll like to ask you a few questions.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Priceless25: 7:22pm On Sep 10, 2017
Rooneyboy.. u can send me a PM.

shocked cheesy[b][/b]One thing i noticed about Swintec was their head set, it was really smelling.. Still laughing at the bolded. Didn't experience any nefarious odour ooo.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Priceless25: 7:27pm On Sep 10, 2017
@Azy123 was that your mock test results or the actual test result?
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Rooneyboy(m): 8:14pm On Sep 10, 2017
Priceless25:
Rooneyboy.. u can send me a PM.

shocked cheesy[b][/b]One thing i noticed about Swintec was their head set, it was really smelling.. Still laughing at the bolded. Didn't experience any nefarious odour ooo.

a PM has been sent boss
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Xkoba: 9:47pm On Sep 10, 2017
Hello house I need pte mock gold test voucher asap
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Azy123(m): 2:11am On Sep 11, 2017
Thanks sir, awaiting your response.

40manlappy:

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Azy123(m): 2:12am On Sep 11, 2017
It is a mock I did last week monday. 66 again lol

Priceless25:
@Azy123 was that your mock test results or the actual test result?

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by spyroxy1(m): 10:36am On Sep 11, 2017
Azy123:

I did again too, it was the same 57 i got in my actual test.

Is there anything with this mock test
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Priceless25: 11:08am On Sep 11, 2017
Azy123:

Keep pressing on bro.. We'll get there
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Priceless25: 11:21am On Sep 11, 2017
spyroxy1:

I did again too, it was the same 57 i got in my actual test.

Is there anything with this mock test

Bro.. Lemme get what you're trying to say, you got same score in your own mock test?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Ugly Britain / Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.