Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,764 members, 7,798,555 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Suicide Bomber Kills At Least 65 In Lahore As Christian Celebrates Easter - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Suicide Bomber Kills At Least 65 In Lahore As Christian Celebrates Easter (443 Views)

Female Suicide Bomber Strikes In Cameroon, Killing Scores (Graphic Photos) / Emmanuel Macron, 39 And His 65-Year-Old Wife / Suicide Bomber Kills 126, Including 25 Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Suicide Bomber Kills At Least 65 In Lahore As Christian Celebrates Easter by tunderoc(m): 10:42pm On Mar 27, 2016
Just a few days after the Brussels double suicide attacks that killed at least 34, Another suicide bomber struck today near a crowded children's playing area in Lahore Pakistan killing at least 65 people and hundreds injured, many of them children as Christians were celebrating Easter Sunday.

Officials said the bomber had detonated the explosives, packed with ball bearings, near a children's playing area in the popular Gulshan-i-Iqbal park.

Witnesses said they could hear children screaming as people carried the injured in their arms, while frantic relatives searched for loved ones in nightmarish scenes at the park near the centre of the city of eight million.

Doctors described frenzied scenes at hospitals, with staff treating casualties on floors and in corridors, as officials tweeted calls for blood donations.

"It was a suicide attack. The bomber managed to enter the park and blew himself up near the kids' playing area where kids were on the swings," Lahore's top administration official Muhammad Usman told AFP.

Javed Ali, a 35-year-old resident who lives opposite the park, said the force of the blast had shattered his home's windows.

"After ten minutes I went outside. There was human flesh on the walls of our house. People were crying, I could hear ambulances.

"It was overcrowded because of Easter, there were a lot of Christians there. It was so crowded I told my family not to go."

Yousaf Masih, a father who was searching for his family, told AFP: "My kids came here [to the park]. I was at home, I saw the news on TV, but my wife and children were here."

Witnesses said the wounded were first rushed to hospital in rickshaws and other vehicles before dozens of ambulances arrived on the scene.
- See more at: http://www.duketundesblog.com/2016/03/suicide-bomber-kills-at-least-65-in.html#sthash.Q7nQo5JF.dpuf
Re: Suicide Bomber Kills At Least 65 In Lahore As Christian Celebrates Easter by seunny4lif(m): 11:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
Religion is peace my foot angry angry
Useless people angry angry
Yet they run to Europe and America angryangry

(1) (Reply)

22 Killed, Scores Trapped After Kolkata, India Flyover Comes Crashing Down / Belgian Minister Of Transport Resigns After Suicide Attack / Spainish Minister Quits Over Panama Papers Leaks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.